Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All That She Is ❯ Yukito’s Secret ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All That She Is

Chapter Eight - Yukito's Secret

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - Don't own CCS, nor will I ever. Although I wish I did...because playing around with Syaoran and Sakura is fun ^_~

Author's Notes - Read chapter nine for my note ;P

For Latest Updates On Crow's Fanfiction - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crowskywalker/

Pairings - Sakura/Syaoran (eventually), Tomoyo/Eriol, Meiling/Yamato

Summary - There is definitely something strange about Yukito...could Yue really be awakened already?

----------

For once in his life, the reincarnation of Clow Reed was confused.

He was sure that when he had started the bet with Syaoran, that maybe something would bloom - friendship at least. Never had he expected Syaoran to suddenly become so cold, especially to the Card Mistress Sakura. But Syaoran was bent on getting those Cards back, no matter the circumstances.

His plan had failed.

Eriol Hiiragizawa sat in a large chair, darkness surrounding him. He often sat here to think or plan, and tonight was one of those nights. He had seen what had happened in the schoolyard earlier that day, although from afar as to not be seen, and now his mind was spinning. What was he going to do? Would he let his Mistress continue her capturing alone? Although she would never really be alone...she had her guardian Cerberus with her, even though he wasn't much help in his smaller form.

Tomoyo - he remembered her telling Tomoyo everything. Perhaps she could help as well..although she didn't posses any special powers like the rest of them. Even so, Eriol smiled, thinking of her - she was smart and cunning, and could be of great use. Although he much preferred it if it was Syaoran by her side..which looked very doubtful that that would ever happen.

"Eriol-san...would you like a cup of tea?"

He looked up to find Nakuru, Ruby Moon's more human form, staring down at him. He nodded, and she brought it to him.

From somewhere on his right came a small yawn, and a small dark cat-likish thing stretched, finally taking a break from reading. Spinel Sun loved the quietness of the room, and also his books. He spent many hours at it, and unlike Ruby Moon, he was quite serious.

"How was your day?" Nakuru asked, laying down a tray at Eriol's side. "Quite bothersome." Eriol sighed, laying his head on the palm of his hand. "The Clow Mistress and my Descendant are not getting along very well."

"Bothersome it was." Nakuru put her hands on her hips and looked down at her two companions. "When you told me that the new Mistress' brother possessed special powers, and it would be best if we kept him away from Yukito - I never dreamed it would be this hard! They're already so close its like they're attached at the waist!"

"Yue has not yet shown himself, so there's no real threat yet. You do not have to overdue it." Said the Kero-like cat figure from its perch.

"Yes...but there's something...odd about him.."

This brought Eriol's attention to her, and he gave her a questioning look.

"Its like...he knows.." Nakura blinked, continuing, "Is that possible? That he knows who he is...and what his priorities are?"

"He shouldn't.." Replied the cat.

"But the again," Eriol continued for him, "He just might...Yue was bound to come forth sooner or later...and Sakura is late in capturing the Cards. Perhaps Yukito found out before Sakura arrived here that he is the Moon Guardian."

"So it's possible?"

"Indeed it is." Eriol paused for a moment, "Which could through another hitch into my plans. Ruby Moon, I want you to watch him carefully."

"Yes Eriol-san." She bowed slightly in response.

"Now," Eriol checked his watch, "Perhaps it is time that we headed off to bed. We have interesting things to look out for in the future."

The two Guardians nodded and disappeared into the darkness.Interesting indeed...

----------

Sakura yawned, staring across the table at the Guardian Beast Kero, who happened to be stuffing his mouth at the moment.

"Kero-chan..make sure you chew! You'll make yourself sick!"

"But...I'm...Just...So...Hungry!" He managed between mouthfuls. He had woken Sakura up earlier than she normally got up, so that she could make a big breakfast "for the family", he had said, although he meant mainly himself.

She sighed, finishing off her own breakfast, and thinking about everything that had happened recently. I made a new friend...a few new enemies... She closed her eyes, laying her forehead in her hand. Why does all this have to happen to me? First Meiling starts hating me for no reason...and now Syaoran. Why is everything so difficult?

She had arrived home late last night, just when her brother was about to send out a full fledge search party. By the looks of it, he had been really worried that the "damn Chinese gaki" had gotten her. After assuring Touya that she was fine, and had just forgotten the time, she finally went upstairs and fell onto her bed, her eyes drooping with fatigue and sleep. It had been a long tiring day.

Now here she was - ready to start yet another day.

"Hey squirt. I see you're up early."

Sakura sent a glare in the direction of her brother, who had just entered the kitchen. He settled down in the chair across from her, taking a pancake out of the stack that was in the middle of the table, ignoring Kero's loud eating noises.

"Yeah, well - Kero was hungry, and I couldn't sleep any longer. Didn't dad say he was going to be home early this morning?"

"Yeah." Touya checked his watch, "He should be here any minute."

"He's been working through the night a lot lately - I hardly get to see him anymore."

"He's been tired and working hard." Touya shrugged, poking a pancake in his mouth.

It was then that Sakura finally heard a door open and close and she turned to find her father standing in the doorway, looking quite tired.

"Dad!" She grinned, and gave him a big hug, "I made you breakfast. Hurry before Kero eats it all."

Fujitaka smiled at his daughter before taking a seat. "Thank you."

Sakura smiled back, watching her family eat. Glancing at her watch, she then realized how late it was getting.

"Touya! Hurry we gotta go!" She gasped, quickly putting her dirty dishes in the sink and picking up the things she needed.

"What's the rush?" He asked, finishing off another pancake.

"We don't want to keep Yukito waiting." She blushed slightly, easing her back pack onto her shoulders.

"Right." Said Touya, finishing off and putting his dishes in the sink as well.

By the time Sakura had her blades strapped on, Touya was ready to go. Saying good bye to their father, they both headed off to school.

----------

Yukito Tsukishiro waited at the corner of the street where he told the Kinomoto's he'd meet them. Leaning against the brick wall, he stared off in the direction he assumed they would be coming in. Not only did he assume, but he felt the direction. Ever since he had met Sakura and Touya, he'd been strangely drawn to them - or rather, Sakura. In fact, he could sense her presence a mile away. It was strange, in a way, but seemed calmly normal. He should have known from his first encounter with her - the magical aura that surrounded her. She was Clow Reed's so called "Card Captor". He frowned slightly at that thought.

It was true, he did know who he was. Yue of the Moon - Clow Reed's Guardian. How could he not know? In his human form he ate more than any human usually ate, slept more, and many other things as well. He'd learned about his counter part a long time ago - through dreams and memory relapses. Clow Reed told him a long time ago before he put him to sleep, that he would awake once his new Master arrived - but his new Master had taken a long time to show up. Yukito's counter part had grown restless, and had broken the sleeping spell. Now Yukito was well aware of his destiny.

His destiny with her as his Master.

He didn't like that thought much, but plastered a smile on his face as he saw them heading towards him. The girl, Sakura, had a wide grin on her face as she roller bladed, and waved at him. Touya, he saw, rode his bike beside her.

Touya - there was something strange about him too. Something that he sensed, but couldn't see, hear or think of. Perhaps it was just his imagination playing trick on him, but it was a recurring feeling around Touya. It was something he'd have to look in to.

"Hey Sakura...Touya." He smiled at them, "You guys ready for school?"

"Yep!" Sakura skidded to a halt in front of him. "Did my homework last night and everything!"

"That's a real achievement for her." Touya pointed out.

"Hey!" Sakura cried, turning to face her brother - and yet another sibling fight broke out as Yukito stood and watched.

Is she really my new Master? He thought, watching her argue with her brother, how can she be? Look at her argue over petty things...how can she be the Card Mistress? She's so young and naive...

"Okay, enough arguing! We're going to be late!" Said Sakura, skating onwards. "Come on!"

But things are not always what they seem, he reminded himself, and she still has Cards left to catch. I will be the final judge on whether she's fit to be the Card Mistress...and my Master. In time, we shall see.

He smirked at that.We shall see.

To Be Continued....