Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All That She Is ❯ Sakura’s Sword Fight ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All That She Is

Chapter Nine - Sakura's Sword Fight

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - Don't own CCS, nor will I ever. Although I wish I did...because playing around with Syaoran and Sakura is fun ^_~

Author's Notes - Yeah, so time for another note, lol. Almost got all of this fic up on Mediaminer.org now. Well, at least up to as far as I've written. Two more chapters, and then there's gonna be a long wait for the next :P I have yet to write chapter thirteen, and only have up to twelve done. So anyway. Just wanted to point that out :P

For Latest Updates On Crow's Fanfiction - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crowskywalker/

Pairings - Sakura/Syaoran (eventually), Tomoyo/Eriol

Summary - Another day at school leads to much more.

----------

"Sakura-chan!"

Sakura turned at the call of her name and smiled as Tomoyo and a few girls came up to greet her as she entered school grounds. Saying goodbye to Touya and Yukito, she smiled at the other girls. Tomoyo, she knew - but the others she didn't.

"Good morning Tomoyo-chan."

"You too Sakura," She smiled back, then gestured to the other girls, "Have you met Rika, Naoko and Chiharu yet? I ran into them on the way to school."

"No, I don't think we have." Sakura held out her hand, "My name's Sakura."

Each girl shook it and introduced herself with a friendly smile on their face.

"So what were you guys doing out shopping so early?" Tomoyo asked as they headed towards the school.

"That new store on Junavu Avenue opened this morning and we wanted to get their early and check it out before school opened," Replied Naoko. "They have all kinds of creepy stuff in there!"

"Yeah, the place itself was pretty creepy."

"I bet it was haunted." Rika added, poking fun at her friend Naoko, who believed in such things.

"Haunted...as in by ghosts?" Sakura gasped. The one thing she was afraid of was ghosts.

"Yeah." Answered Rika, "Naoko's really into that kinda stuff."

"I find it fascinating."

Sakura bit her bottom lip, looking at her new friends and hoping the topic would change soon. Tomoyo seemed to be reading her mind.

"So did you guys buy anything?" She asked, holding open the large glass doors for the girls to enter.

"Rika was the only one. The place was mainly antiques and old jewelry - and you know how she likes jewelry."

"Hey! I though it was pretty!" She said, taking it out of her pocket.

"Personally I think its ugly." Said Chiharu, sticking out her tongue.

"Oooh, can I see?"

"Sure," Rika smiled, handing it to Sakura.

It was a simple brooch in the shape of a awesome looking sword.

"I think it's cool." Said Sakura, handing it to Tomoyo to see.

"Kinomoto wouldn't know what 'cool' meant even if it bit her in the ass." Came a cold voice, and Sakura turned to find Meiling standing behind her.

"What do you want Meiling?" Asked Naoko, arms crossed.

"Yeah...where's your new boy toy?"

"Actually, I'm here to tell Kinomoto something - and as for my 'boy toy', he's old news." Meiling smirked.

"What do you want with me?" Sakura finally asked.

"Remember what I told you in the bathroom a few days ago?"

"You uh..told me to stay away from Syaoran." Sakura said, remembering it clearly.

"Right. And I'm here to tell you now that I'm taking steps to make sure you stay away from Syaoran." She glared, her smirk fading.

"And what steps are those, Meiling?" Asked Tomoyo, bravely stepping up beside her friend.

Meiling's evil smirk returned. "I broke up with Yamato - and soon I'm going to be going out with Syaoran again."

"You broke up with Yamato to go back out with Syaoran, just because he might be interested in another girl?" Asked Rika, but Meiling chose to ignore this question.

Interested? Sakura blushed for a minute. Syaoran interested in...me? She then remembered the past few days and his attempts to take the Cards from her. Her smile faded. Only because he wants the Cards...that's why he's so interested.

"He'll never go back out with you Meiling." Tomoyo frowned, "Not after you just broke up with him."

"Of course he will! I'm his fiancée and he loves me!" She spat, and turned around and walked away. "Remember what I said Kinomoto! I mean it!"

Sakura stood and watched her back as she walked away. She soon felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to find Naoko.

"Just ignore her Sakura. She's all bark but no bite."

"Yeah!," Added Chiharu, "Go after Syaoran if you want to! He's not Meiling's to control!"

Sakura blushed again. Go after Syaoran? They don't understand what's going on...

It was then that the bell finally decided to ring, and the girls headed off to their lockers to get their stuff for the day.

Sakura sighed, heading to her locker as well.

So far the school day wasn't turning out so great.

----------

Sure, the day had started out nice - pancakes with her family and all, but school soon ruined it. After the encounter with Meiling, Sakura soon found herself in a class where she was to spend the day, with the person she hated most sitting behind her and glaring at her. At least she had her best friend by her side, and Eriol tried his best to keep her in a cheerful mood. Luckily she made it through the school day without anymore incidents.

Closing her locker, Sakura turned to find Tomoyo and Rika waiting for her.

"Ready to go Sakura-chan?"

She nodded, giving them a smile.

"So how was your day?" Asked Rika.

"It was..okay." Answered Sakura.

"Don't you think Miss Mizuki is a nice teacher?"

"She's new here, isn't she?" Asked Tomoyo. "I never saw her around here last year."

"Yeah, she just moved here this summer - or so I heard."

Rounding a corner, they ran right into the person they were talking about.

"Miss Mizuki!"

"Hey girls." She smiled, looking at each of them, and her eyes lingering on Sakura. "Not gone yet? I figured you guys would have left a long time ago...the halls are already empty."

"No, we're usually around late." Sakura smiled back, "I have to wait for my brother and his friend after school anyway, and they're always late."

"Oh, well, I must be going now." Nodding goodbye, she past by the girls, but not before she whispered something so quietly that only Sakura heard. "Small things can lead to much danger."

Sakura stopped as the other two girls continued walking and chatting. Did she just.... Shaking her head, she hurriedly caught up to the others as they exited out through the front door.


"How come you never put your brooch on after?" Sakura heard Tomoyo ask Rika as she finally caught up.

"Well...after what Meiling said, I think it's kinda dorky.."

"I think it looks...mature." Sakura encouraged her friend. "Why don't you put it on to see for yourself?"

"Oh, okay," She sighed, picking the sword brooch out of her pocket, and pinning it on her sweater.

"See? It looks fantastic!" Sakura smiled at her.

"Yeah - it looks really nice with that sweater." Tomoyo added.

There was silence for a minute, and Sakura's smile faded. Something was wrong...the color on her friend's eyes...it was somehow..duller and looked drained...

"Rika-chan? Are you okay?"

"Rika?"

Rika looked up, her eyes unfocused, and turned in Sakura's direction, her brooch glowing white. Sakura covered her eyes at the sudden bright light. What's going on?? She thought frantically. The question was finally answered when she lowered her arms, and peered at her friend. Rika still looked the same..but the brooch had disappeared and Rika now held a sword.

"Rika?"

There was no answer, only silence.

"Rika!" Tomoyo yelled, putting a hand on her shoulder. Rika roughly shrugged it off, all attention still on Sakura.

"Draw." She finally spoke. "And fight me."

"Rika...no.." Sakura said softly, stepping back.

Rika took a step foreword, keeping a small distance between them. "Then you shall die."

She swung the sword, and Sakura dodged.

Behind them Tomoyo shouted, "Rika! No!"

Making some distance, Sakura threw down her back pack and faced her friend, a determined look on her face. What's wrong with her? Is it a Clow Card?

Rika swung at her again, and she managed to graze by it.Small things can lead to much danger.

Small things...the brooch! The brooch did this! It must be some sort of Clow Card! Pulling her magical key from around her neck, she held it in front of her and chanted the words to turn it into the Sealing Wand. "Oh Key of Clow, Power of magic, Power of light...Surrender the wand, The force ignite!...Release!"

The key expanded and formed the Sealing Wand just as Rika's sword cut through the air again - and Sakura used the Sealing Wand to stop it before it could go any further.

"Rika! Snap out of it!"

But it was no use - she kept swinging the sword at Sakura, who blocked it.

"Sakura! Do something!"

"I can't!" Shouted Sakura, who blocked another strike, "I don't want to hurt her!"

Rika took advantage of Sakura's distraction, and brought the sword down before she could block it again, slicing through the shoulder of her jacket and causing her to drop her wand as she cried out in pain and dropped to her knees. Holding her sword to Sakura's throat, Rika smirked evilly.

"Now you meet your end."

"Rika! No!" Cried Tomoyo, horrified.

"Rika...please.." Sakura choked out, holding on to her cut arm. "You don't want to do this."

"Of course I do!" She spun the sword around, bringing it above her head to strike, and swung down..and watched as if in slow motion a blur of green flashed by, and her sword cut through nothing but air. Confused, she looked around for Sakura.

Her eyes clenched, Sakura thought for sure that she was a goner. The Card Mistress...brought down by the same Cards she was born to catch and look after. But when she felt herself being lifted into strong arms, and the sword did not strike - she opened her eyes to find Syaoran, dressed in his green Chinese robes, frowning down at her.

"Can you stand?" He asked coolly, lowering her to her feet.

"I..I think so.." She said as he let her go in time to block an attack from Rika.

Standing behind Syaoran, Sakura watched as he blocked every blow with his sword perfectly.

"Li-kun! Please be careful!" Came a voice, and Sakura turned to find Meiling dressed in Chinese robes as well, although a different color than Syaoran.

"Meiling?" She asked, confused. Why was Meiling here? Did she know about the Cards?

"Kinomoto..what are you doing here?" Meiling spat, finally noticing the other girls.

"Some Card Captor you are, Kinomoto," Syaoran said through clenched teeth, "Can't even seal a Card like this."

"Card Captor?" Meiling asked, jaw dropping, "There's no way Kinomoto can be the Card Captor!"

Frowning and ignoring their comments, she turned back to the fight and watched as Syaoran swung his sword and Rika. It looked like an even battle to her..although Syaoran seemed a bit more stronger, being a boy and all. That and Rika was already tiring out, giving him the upper hand.

"Syaoran! Don't hurt her!" Yelled Tomoyo, stepping up beside Sakura, "She's still Rika!"

"That's right.." Sakura whispered, "If she's hit, Rika will die..."

Making up her mind, Sakura grabbed her sealing wand from where she had dropped it.

"Li-kun! Stop!" She yelled, stepping in between him and Rika. "You can't hurt her!"

Rika attacked again, and Syaoran blocked it from hitting Sakura. "Then how else am I supposed to stop her?" He glared.

"She's still Rika.." Sakura whispered with pleading eyes, "You can't hurt another human being!"

"You're just soft...you can't let things such as friendship get in your way! That's what makes you weak!"

"I'd do anything for my friends." She whispered, tears in her eyes. And as Syaoran stared down at her, he softened slightly.

"Syaoran-kun! Watch out!" Came Meiling's voice.

They turned towards Rika, who was once again swinging with all her might. But before the sword could hit its mark, Sakura called forth the Jump Card and grabbing Syaoran, got both him and herself to safety.

"What do we go now?" He asked, once they wee a safe distance away.

"I got an idea." She replied. "But you and me are going to have to work together on it."

He eyed her suspiciously, but nodded. "I don't like you...and none of this surely doesn't change any of it. I'm out to get the Cards myself."

She nodded in understanding. "The sword is what's making her do all of this," She began, "And I believe that if we can get it out of her hands, then I'll be able to seal it."

"Where do I come in?" He asked, keeping his eye on Rika who had finally found them and was making her way across the school grounds towards them.

"Distract her - I need enough time to do my thing."

"Fine, fine." He growled, and stepped foreword, letting Rika close the distance between them, her sword immediately flying through the air towards him. "Just hurry up, okay?"

She nodded, flashing him a smile, and he continued to fend off Rika.

Pulling out a Card, Sakura knew just what to do. Calling upon her magic, the sky darkening around her and a large golden symbol appearing beneath her feet, she left the Card that she had chosen floating in the air in front of her. Swinging her wand, she brought it down on the Card.

"Sleep Card! Release and dispell!"

Within seconds the Card started to do its work, and she watched as Tomoyo, Meiling and the Card dropped to the ground asleep. Syaoran, however, did not.

"You...you're not asleep.." She observed, looking at him in confusion.

"I have the ability of magic," He explained, casting her a cold glance, "I've been trained against these sort of things."

"Oh." Was all she could think of to say. She watched as he pried the sword out of Rika's hand, careful not to touch it and be enchanted as she was, and placed it some distance away. She drew closer, keeping a close eye on him.

"What are you waiting for?" He asked, feeling her gaze. It made him both uncomfortable and tingly at the same moment..and he felt his cheeks grow warm at the sudden attention. "Just do it already."

"Mmhmm." She nodded, turning her attention away and to the sword, holding up her Sealing Wand. "Sword Card...return to your powers confined!"

A swirl of colors surrounded them, and a Card took shape at the top of Sakura's wand. When the colors stopped, a newly formed Clow Card hung in the air, before flying into Syaoran's hand.

"One less Card I'll have to take from you, Kinomoto." He smiled coolly.

Sakura sighed. Were things always going to be like this?

"Sakura-chan? Are you alright?"

Sakura turned to find Tomoyo running towards her. She nodded.

"Yeah, just a small cut."

"That's good." Tomoyo sighed in relief," I thought for sure you were a goner when..." Her attention turned to Syaoran, "You saved Sakura!"

That's right.. Sakura thought, turning back to him, He did save me!

"Thank you." She said, giving him a small smile.

"You two make such a great team." Added Tomoyo, "Perhaps you two can put differences behind and help each other?"

Blushing furiously, he looked away with a frown. "Don't count on it." He told Tomoyo, before turning to Sakura, "If you were a real Card Captor then you wouldn't need saving. Don't think I'll do it again." He stated, walking away.

Meiling, who had just woken up, groggily ran after him, but not before stopping to glare at Sakura.

Luckily they were out of sight by the time Rika came to, and her friends helped her to her feet.

"What happened?" She asked, her hand on her head as they helped her stand, "I have such a headache.."

"You passed out." Tomoyo lied.

"I did?"

"Yeah," Added Sakura, "Must have been the sun or something - you just fainted on us! We were so worried!"

"I'm sorry.."

"Hey! Sakura!"

Sakura looked up to find Yukito waving at her, her brother by his side.

"Oh, sorry guys!" She said to her friends, "I gotta go. Will you two be okay?"

Tomoyo nodded, and smiled. "Go on. I'll take care of Rika. You've had a hard day."

Waving goodbye, Sakura joined the two older boys.

Tomoyo was right - she definitely had a hard day.

----------

He figure stepped out of the shadows, a bright smile on his face. Eriol had watched the whole scene in front of him, and silently congratulated Sakura in another great Card Capture - although she had not received the Card. Syaoran had.

But either way, he thought, she will get them all in the end. If she passes the Judgement. And Tomoyo was right, they do make a good team - if only they'd see that for themselves. Maybe my plan will work after all...in time, however.

Seeing that the school yard was now empty, we walked into the sunlight.They still have a long way to go.

To Be Continued...

Poll: Okay guys, got a question! You can either leave a review or send me an email for this. What Card do you want Sakura to capture next? Just wondering what you readers want. If you have any ideas also, feel free to drop me a line. Thanks for reading!