Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All That She Is ❯ One Problem Solved.. ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All That She Is

Chapter Twelve - One Problem Solved..

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - Don't own CCS, nor will I ever.

Author's Notes - Okay. Last chapter for a while. I haven't finished any chapters after this. There may be a long wait ^^;

For Latest Updates On Crow's Fanfiction - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crowskywalker/

Pairings - Sakura/Syaoran (eventually), Tomoyo/Eriol

Summary - Sakura and Syaoran must put their differences aside in order to get out of this one.

----------

"Oh no...it's Kero-Chan!" She groaned, just as the now large Guardian Beast floated into the room, looking around curiously.

"Sakura?" He looked around the room, but didn't see anyone. "Now where'd they go? Sakura wouldn't leave me without telling me where she's going.."

"He doesn't see us." Syaoran observed.

"Well I'll make him see us!" Sakura said, and then began yelling out Kero's name as loud as she could.

"He won't hear you either."

"Well maybe if you'd shut up and help me he would!" Sakura snapped angrily.

"Why would I call out to the dumb fluff ball? If you were any good at being a Card Captor than you could seal this Card by yourself." Syaoran pointed out.

"I don't need his help!" Sakura insisted, getting really frustrated, "But he won't be much help is he gets shrunk down too! I have to warn him!"

"Whatever." He grumbled, crossing his arms and looking away.

"Kero-chan! KERO-CHAN!" She called again.

Up above, Kero did not look down. However, his ear twitched. "I feel something..."

"See! He does know we're here!" Sakura grinned, jumping up and down, "Down here! Kero-Chan!"

A rumbling in the Guardian's stomach. "Ah, thought so! I'm hungry again!" Kero smiled brightly as he started to leave the room, "Maybe there's some cake left..."

"Kero-Chan!" Sakura groaned, sinking to her knees as she watched him leave. Him and his stupid stomach!

"Told you so."

Sakura chose to ignore him. "Now what're we going to do?"

"Well I think we've already figured out what Card it is."

"The Little." She said, standing up.

"And what do you do with Cards when they're on the loose?"

She shot a glare at him. What does he think I am? An amateur? I've been doing this for years without help! She pulled her necklace off, and said the magic words that extended the key into the Sealing Wand.

"Good call. Now all we have to do is find it.." Syaoran looked around, but could find nothing. "Wherever it is..."

"It's going to be hard to find from down here." She said, looking over the room, "And even harder to seal."

"That's why we have to get big before we do it."

"Would the..."

"No." He interrupted.

"Okay that's it," Sakura said, mad at being interrupted, "Must you be so mean to me? I've had it up to here with you today! I'm tired of you pushing me around. We're stuck in this together, so we might as well work together. That means no more sarcastic, snide or mean remarks, okay? I know you can be nice Li, you were earlier! So try doing so now!" She huffed, turning away from him. "I'm getting out of this, with or without you. It's your choice."

"Fine." He said shaking his head, "All hatred, Cards and stuff aside. For now. Only until we get out of this." He agreed.

"Good." She said. "Now how are we going to get out of this?"

"The only way to return to our normal size is to touch it again. But first we have to get close to it. And once we are our normal size, you have to quickly seal it or we'll be back where we started." He answered, looking up at the bed. "Maybe if we climbed up here we can get a better view."

"Good idea." She said, looking up at her bed. If they were up there they would have a clear view of the room.

"So let's go." He said, grabbing hold of the bedspread and starting the big climb.

"Wait!" She said, looking up at the great distance they'd have to climb. "What if one of us falls? It's a long way down..."

"Just don't look down." He smirked down at her and continued to climb.

Mumbling, Sakura converted her wand back into the key and grabbed hold of her bed spread and started the climb too. It wasn't an easy one either, as she soon realized. The bedspread was hard to hold on to with her small hands, and her feet easily slipped as she tried her best to pull herself up. She did okay up until halfway, and that was when she started to slip and slide.

"Hurry up, Kinomoto!" Syaoran said in an annoyed voice at the top. He had made it not long ago, and was now eyeing the room and waiting for Sakura to finish her climb. "You're too slow!"

"Well I can't help it if I'm having trouble!" She said through gritted teeth. Not much farther...don't look down...almost there...

"You're almost there," He pointed out, "So hurry it up."

"I am hurrying!" She yelled, glaring up at him and noticing he was right. She was almost there. Just a little farther and she'd be able to pull herself up on to the bed. Just don't look down...

She screamed as she slipped.

Syaoran looked down at the girl, who was now holding on with only one hand, unable to get a grip. Sighing, he reached his hand down. "Give me your hand."

"I-I can't." She said, looking up at him with fearful eyes.

"Come on Kinomoto, you can do it." He insisted, and reached his hand farther. "Just let go and grab my hand. I won't let you fall."

"You expect me to believe you?" She said, forcing herself to look up, and not down.

"Well would you rather fall and be known as Kinomoto - the girl who got flattened by falling off her bed? Now come on!"

"Y-you promise you won't let me fall?" She asked.

"I promise! Now come on! You're wasting valuable time!"

"Okay...." She reached out with her free hand, barely touching his. "I can't reach!"

"Yes you can, try harder!"

She tried again, reaching just a bit farther. It was then that her last grip slipped, and she screamed as she fell. However, Syaoran managed to grab hold of her hand before she was out of reach. She stared up at him, a thankful look on her face.

"Hey, I told you I wouldn't let you fall." He smirked, pulling her up, "I'm not that cruel."

Breathing hard, Sakura clasped on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. "I really thought I was going to die just then."

"Yeah, well you didn't. So get up. We have a job to do." He said, standing up and dusting himself off before looking around the room. "I wonder-"

"Thank you Li."

He turned to find Sakura staring at him, a smile on her face.

"What for?"

"For saving my life...again." She said, trying to stand. "That was the third time you did it. And I just realized...I never said thank you."

"Yeah, well.." Syaoran blushed slightly, and turned away.

Sakura dusted herself off. "I just don't see how you can be such an asshole all the time...and be so nice every now and then. Why don't you just be nice all the time-"

"No." He said before she could finish.

"Why not?" She asked, coming over to stand by his side. "You're always frowning...but before you found out who I was, you were always so nice to me...you smiled a lot too."

Syaoran crossed his arms, looking away. "That was before I found out you have my family's Cards. The Cards I was sent here to collect."

"That still doesn't explain why we have to be enemies."

"Yes it does. You have my Cards. I have to collect them. It's my destiny. And I'll get them from you no matter what, and since you won't hand them over, that makes us enemies."

"I can't just hand them over." She said softly. "I have a destiny too, I have to be the Clow Mistress. I opened the book, and now I must collect the Cards and seal them back to their original state. Kero and Yue have told me this is my destiny, that I've been chosen by Clow Reed himself. I can't just back out and give the Cards to you."

"Yue?" Syaoran looked at Sakura curiously. "What does the Moon Guardian have anything to do with this? He has yet to appear, has he not?"

"That's right. But he sometimes comes to me in my dreams." She smiled softly, looking out over her room. "His time will come soon. I must be prepared, Kero says. The end could be any day now. Yue will be the Final Judgement."

"You will stand against Yue and you will fail." Said Syaoran. "He was Clow's finest Guardian. You won't be able to beat him. Especially since I'll be taking the Cards. It is my destiny to face Yue, not yours. Either I bring back those Cards or I am a disgrace to the Li Clan, and I will not be a disgrace."

Sakura opened her mouth to say something, but Syaoran interrupted her before she could.

"Enough. We're getting off track. We have to seal The Little." He said, walking away from her.

"Okay then....so where is it?" She asked, slowly walking after him.

"It couldn't have gone very far."

"I don't see how it got in here in the first place." Sakura muttered.

"Maybe next time you'll remember to close your window." Syaoran motioned to the open window as the curtains fluttered in the slight breeze.

"Oh." She said guiltily. "What if it got out already?"

"I doubt it. I can still sense it. It's definitely around here somewhere."

"But where's it hiding at?"

"I don't know...but it'll have to show sometime." He said, finally stopping. "I wish it would hurry. Its getting dark and I'd rather be long gone by the time your brother gets home."

Sakura giggled. "Touya doesn't like you very much."

"Yeah, I kind of noticed that when he tried to kill me the night I brought you home. And the other encounter..."

An uncomfortable silence followed. However, this was soon broken by a flash of light.

"Get ready! This is it!"

Pulling off her necklace once again, she closed her eyes as the circle of power appeared beneath her feet. "Oh Key of Clow, Power of magic, Power of light...Surrender the wand, The force ignite!...Release!" Her hands gripped the wand tightly, and she stood motionless, waiting for the Card to make its move.

Syaoran stood beside her, his sword already called upon, watching like a hawk for another flash. He did not have to wait long, as it zipped out from behind the dresser, and flew towards them.

"Remember, we have to touch it to get back to normal!" Syaoran said, readying himself.

Sakura nodded, watching as it got closer and closer.

Just as it zipped past them, both Sakura and Syaoran tackled it, both managing to touch it. Sakura soon found herself her normal size and on top of Syaoran on her bed, her face very close to his. She blushed, looking into his eyes.

"We did it." She said quietly. He could only nod in response, drawn to her emerald eyes. They were pretty far away, but they were even more beautiful up close. And those lips...he couldn't help himself...he started to lean in..

Sakura saw his head move even closer to hers, and closed her eyes in anticipation. He's going to kiss me...the guy I hate most in this world is going to kiss me...and I want him to...

Their lips were almost touching when...

Loud footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs, followed by a male voice, "SAKURA!"

She literally jumped away from Syaoran, smoothing out her skirt just as Touya burst into the room. His eyes immediately landed on Syaoran, who still looked kind of dazed.

"You! What are you doing in my sister's room??" He barked, glaring draggers at the younger boy.

It was then Sakura saw it, just out of the corner of her eye.

"Touya! Move!" She cried, picking up her wand and swinging it at the ball of glowing light just as it was zooming across the room in Touya's direction. She had totally forgotten about the Card with the whole..predicument that she had ended up in. But now as she swung the wand, it connected with its target. "Show thy true form to me...Little Card!"

The ball of light grew, and took on a more humanoid shape. It stared up at her with large eyes. "You know, for something that's caused so much trouble, you're really quite cute." She smiled, before bringing her wand down on it again. "Little Card! Returned to your powers confined!"

A swirl of colors surrounded her, and as the darkness and colors faded, she stared up at her new Card, which hovered in the air in front of her. Taking hold of it, she winked at Touya, who was staring at her with his mouth wide open. He had never seen her capture any of these 'Cards', and it was all new to him.

"You were saying?" She asked, putting the Card with the rest. Kero would surely be proud with her this time!

"Uhm...uh..." He was speechless.

"Hey Touya," Came a voice, "Did you find..Sakura!" Kero yelled, spotting her. He launched himself at her and held on for dear life. "Why did you go away and leave me without telling me? What if something happened and I wasn't there to help! And why is the Chinese gaki still here?"

Sakura looked over at Syaoran, who was finally sitting up.

"He helped me capture this Card," She said, reaching in and taking it back out. She stared at it for a moment, ignoring Kero's questions. She then did something that sent Kero into a state of shock. She handed the Card to Li. He stared at it, before looking up and studying her face.

"Take it." She smiled, "I would have never gotten though any of it without your help."

"Sakura! What are you doing??' Cried Kero.

"T-thanks." He said, taking it from her, noticing the mad look on Kero's face, "I probably should be going..."

Sakura continued to ignore him. "Come on Li, I'll show you to the door." She said, stepping past Touya who was still standing there in amazement at what just happened. Syaoran followed not far behind.

"So I guess after you leave its back to being enemies and being mean old Li again, huh?" She asked, watching him as he put his shoes on.

"Yeah." He said quietly.

She nodded as he opened the door, grabbing his stuff as he left.

"Guess I'll be seeing you around then," She smiled, before closing the door behind him. Boys were certainly confusing. One minute they're nice, the next they're mean, then the next they're trying to kiss you. Men - I'll never understand them.

"Sakura! You have some explaining to dooo!"

Speaking of which, she still had two upstairs to deal with. She sighed, shaking her head and smiling as she went back upstairs.They're impossible too.

To Be Continued...