Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All That She Is ❯ Meiling's Threat ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All That She Is

Chapter Thirteen - Meiling's Threat

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - Don't own CCS, nor will I ever.

Author's Notes - Ah, so here's the long awaited next chapter of All That She is ^_~ I'm back into the CCS fandom again, so I have a lot of CCS fics on the go, and I'm writing more of my old CCS fics. So go check them out :P So yup, here it is. A lot shorter than the last, but that's because the last one was a Card capture...and there's no Cards in this one :P Anyway, hope you enjoy, and remember to R & R!

For Latest Updates On Crow's Fanfiction - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crowskywalker/

Pairings - Sakura/Syaoran (eventually), Tomoyo/Eriol

Summary - Sakura's tired and confused, and Meiling decides it's time to make Sakura pay.

----------

Sakura sighed, laying her head down on her desk. She was tired...very tired. Touya had kept her up late the night before asking questions, and Kero had been in a foul mood ever since he had watched her hand the card over to the 'chinese gaki', as he put it. Kero had kept her up all night complaining and trying to talk some sense into her. She had gotten about an hour's sleep.

"Sakura?" A voice startled her as she was just about to doze off on her desk. She looked up to see Tomoyo staring down at her, "You don't look so well." Her friend observed.

Sakura groaned, covering her head with her arms. So not only was she tired, but it showed! How horrible she must had looked with her sleep deprived eyes. She felt like crawling under a rock and dying....or at least sleeping. Sleeping would be fine. But school called, and Touya had insisted she go, even though she had pleaded with him.

"No sleep last night?" Tomoyo grinned at her friend, sitting down across from her.

Sakura peered over at her with one tired eye. "Yeah...Touya and Kero had me up all night."

"Ah," Tomoyo nodded sympathetically, "Your brother most likely wasn't happy with your study date, huh? How did that go anyway?"

Sakura rolled her eyes in response, "A Clow Card showed up. What do you think?"

"Hey! You should have phoned me! I have the prettiest little outfit all lined up!" Tomoyo pouted as she took out her books, but then she giggled, "I imagine that you didn't get much studying done then."

"Oh, we studied...Li's a great teacher," Replied Sakura, sitting up, "But he lacks in the hero department. Before I found out it was a Clow Card, I thought it was a burglar...and you know what he did? He left me!"

"That doesn't sound like Syaoran.."

"Well...he did come back. But I was alone and scared until I found out it was a Clow Card...and even more scared when I shrank smaller than Kero!"

"You shrank?" Tomoyo asked, interested.

"It was the Little Card." Sakura informed her, "Has the ability to shrink things."

"Ooohh! So how'd that go?"

"Well, he ended up getting shrunk too," Sakura decided to skip a bit, "And we had to climb my bed and tackle the Card so we would be returned to our normal size...and I ended up on top of Li.." She blushed furiously, unable to continue as she remembered the almost kiss. Was he really going to kiss her, or was it just her imagination? She was always bad when it came to these things...

I'm such a baka, she scolded herself, of course he wasn't going to kiss me! This is Syaoran Li we're talking about! He's out to steal the Cards from me! It was just my imagination...looking into things too far.

Tomoyo grinned at her friend as she blushed, and told her the rest of the story, obviously leaving out some things. Damn, I obviously missed some kawaii moments!

The bell rang over head, and voices could be heard as people piled into classrooms and went to their lockers to get their things. Sakura sighed, lowering her head and tried to block out the noise. She was starting to get a migraine, and the loud noises were only making it worse.

Beside her, Tomoyo watched her friend sympathetically. She must really be tired, she thought, before the sound of footsteps made her look up. Eriol entered the room carrying books, a wide grin on his face. Tomoyo mentally took note of it. Why's he so happy?

"Konnichiwa Tomoyo-chan," He greeted, taking his seat. He then looked down at Sakura, who still had her face covered, "Sakura-chan."

She only groaned in reply.

"She's tired." Tomoyo answered for her.

"Ah," Eriol nodded with that same grin.

"Why're you so happy?" Tomoyo finally asked.

Eriol shook his head, "It's just such a beautiful day...I can't help but smile," He replied. That, and because my Card Mistress caught yet another Card last night, he added in his head. With the help of a certain descendant of mine. His smile widened at that. He had watched the entire capture from the crystal ball at his mansion. He had seen everything.

-----

Syaoran groaned as Meiling shut his locker on him, leaning against it as she stared up into his amber eyes. She wore a low white tank top and short jean shorts, but none of this caught his eyes. Her eyes were burning into his with fury, so much that he couldn't look away.

"What do you want, Meiling?" He finally asked with a sigh.

"Where were you yesterday?" She asked with a cool voice.

"I had to tutor Kinomoto math, remember?"

Her eyes grew darker at the mention of the girl's name. "I thought I told you to stay away from her!"

"Meiling, I didn't have a choice!" He hissed back angrily, "Miss Mizuki made me do it. And besides, I don't have to listen to anything you say." He started to walk away from her, but she grabbed his arm and forced him to look at her again.

"Oh yes you do Syaoran!" She stated angrily, gripping his arm tightly.

He shrugged her off. "You dumped me Meiling...you have no right to tell me what to do."

"I'm still your fiancée!" She cried, "And I don't want to see you oogling after that Kinomoto girl!"

"I'm not oogling!" He insisted, "And I can do whatever I want! You dumped me, Meiling. Not the other way around!"

"But I'm your fiancée," She crossed her arms, "And I forbid you to see other girls."

"Oh, that makes sense," He rolled his eyes, "You can date other people, but I'm not even allowed to look at other girls?"

Meiling clenched her teeth in response. "I'm not dating other people. I stopped seeing Yamato, remember?"

"So? You still dated him. Not that I care or anything, just pointing out the obvious."

"Yeah, well I'm not now." The fire in Meiling's eyes suddenly dulled, and a longing look replaced it, "And I think that we should get back together."

Syaoran's mouth dropped. "WHAT?" Just what was she thinking? First she dumped him and dated around, and all of a sudden she wanted to get back together? Just like that?

"You heard what I said," She came closer, her mouth just inches from his ear, "I want to go out with you again, Syaoran. We're meant to be, and I realized that now. You're my fiancée...I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Her breath tickled his ear, and he moved backwards as he stared into her eyes. Was she joking? It all had to be some kind of joke. Did she really expect him to come crawling back to her? This was insane!

"Meiling! No!" He said angrily, realizing that people were giving them weird looks. "There's no way in hell I'm going back out with you!"

"But Syaoran," She pouted, "In a few years we're going to be married!"

Not if I can help it, He thought as he tried to back away from her. "No, Meiling."

She suddenly became angry again, and her temper flared. "What do you mean no?" She cried, and the hall hushed as they watched the scene, "We're destined to be! We're betrothed! How can you turn me down! It's that Kinomoto girl, isn't it?" She hissed, her voice lowering menacingly, "You like her, don't you?"

"That's not it Meiling!" He stared, and she interrupted.

"I told her to stay away! I warned her!" She seethed, "But I'll make her pay, Syaoran. I'll make her pay."

With that, Meiling turned on her heels and left, leaving Syaoran staring after her. He sighed, looking down at the floor before composing himself enough to walk down the hall. A dozen eyes followed him.

"What are you looking at?" He turned around, "The show is over! Get to class!"

The audience looked at each other before shrugging and doing what they were told.

Syaoran sighed as he walked into the class, late, all because of Meiling. Walking past Eriol and Tomoyo, he noticed the auburn haired girl who had her head on her table as if she was asleep. He smiled slightly at the sight of her, remembering the day before, but the smile was cut off as he spotted Meiling's cold glare.I'll make her pay.

Just what did she mean by that? And why was she blowing everything out of proportion? Kinomoto had nothing to do with him not going back out with her. He had no feelings what so ever for the sleeping girl in front of him, he assured himself as he took his seat.

But why did his heart skip a beat whenever he looked at her?

He sighed, putting his head down on his desk as well.

Everything was getting so confusing...

To Be Continued...