Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Alternate Dimensions ❯ Familiar Surroundings ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Alternate Dimensions

Chapter One - Familiar Surroundings

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - I don't own Card Captor Sakura or it's characters. End of story.

Author's Notes - Yeah, so here's the next chapter. Sorry it took so long. It's just that I have so many fics on the go…hard to sit down and write just one. But I forced myself to sit down today and continue this story, because I really like the idea. It's actually the second time I wrote it…I lost all the fics I was working on when I lost my hard drive over Easter break…so I have to start them all again. Anyway, R&R and enjoy!

Pairings/Warnings - Well, if you know me well enough, you'll know who the pairing will be. Sakura/Syaoran, of course. But it's not gonna come until later on in the story...way later on. Rated PG.

Summary - What if Sakura had lost her concentration during the first movie, and had been sent to a different dimension where she's not the Card Captor? Sakura must now find her way back to her dimension with the help of this one's Card Captor, who's a familiar face in her dimension. But trouble's not too far off!

----------

Yelan sat staring at a mirror, seated in front of it, lost in her thoughts. She was upset - very upset. Who wouldn't be? Her daughter had forgotten everything, and didn't even remember her own family! Tears came to Yelan's eyes at that thought, and she looked away from the mirror. She couldn't bare to see herself cry, because then she would see how weak she really was. It would make everything more real - the fact that it was all of her fault this had happened.

She had sent Sakura to Japan to get the Clow Cards. They belonged to the Li family, and Sakura had vowed to bring them back. However, on the way from the airport, Wei had lost control of the car and there had been a massive accident. Wei had come out okay, but Sakura had been put into a coma for the past few weeks. And now that she was awake, she didn't remember anything and kept insisting to see friends that Yelan had never heard of.

"Aunt Yelan?" Came a soft voice, and she turned to face her niece Meiling. Upon hearing of Sakura's accident, Yelan had rushed to Japan to see if Sakura was okay, and Meiling had insisted upon coming. Her and Sakura had always been close, more best friends than they were cousins. Meiling had also been heartbroken to find out that Sakura didn't remember her.

"Yes?" Yelan asked, unable to meet the girl's eyes. She could tell that the young girl had been crying again, and she was afraid that if she saw those tears, she wouldn't be able to control her own.

"Sakura's awake, and wishes to get out of bed."

Yelan sighed, getting up. She would visit her daughter, tell her it would be best if she stayed in bed. She had recently been in a life threatening accident, after all. The doctors had told Yelan that Sakura was to stay in bed for at least another week, but Sakura insisted she had to get up and 'find the others'.

Walking out of the room, Meiling followed close behind her.

-----

Gripping her comforter, Sakura pulled her legs out from under the bed sheets and placed them on the cold hardwood floor. She was sick and tired of staying in bed - she'd been in there for a week already! No matter what she told them, they wouldn't let her get up! She kept insisting that she was fine, but they said the doctor had said for her to stay in bed because of the coma.

Coma? She thought angrily, I wasn't in a coma! I was in my dimension, trying to save my friends! She saddened at that thought, Now I'll never save them…I could be stuck here for God only knows how long… Tears came to her eyes, and she didn't bother to hold them back. They're doomed…and it's because of me…I'll never see them again…

"Sakura? What are you doing?" Yelan stared at her daughter from the doorway, a worried expression on her face as she watched Sakura stand on shaky legs, "You're not supposed to be up."

"I..I can't stay in bed any longer.." I have to find someone…someone who can help me…

"I can't allow you to walk around like this," Yelan came towards her, gently putting a hand on each shoulder to steady the girl. "You must rest…you're not okay…"

"I am!" Sakura insisted, looking up at the elder woman, her supposed mother in this dimension. "I…I have to find.."

"Sakura, the Cards can wait until later," Her mother smiled, thinking that was what Sakura meant, "You have to get better so you can find them. You have all the time in the world, don't worry about it."

The Cards?…yes, Sakura's eyes widened, maybe she could get help from the Cards! And if she could find the Cards…then she could find Kero! But she didn't even know where to start looking…and Yelan and Meiling wouldn't let her out of their sight.

"Please…" Sakura begged, "…Mother." She added, and she knew Yelan would give in to that. She saw Yelan's eyes widen at what Sakura had just called her.

"Okay Sakura," She finally gave in, "But you're still not permitted to leave the house. Come," She took her hand and lead her out of the room, "Sit down in the living room and watch television. I will make you some lunch."

Sakura did as she was told, sitting down on the comfortable black leather couch that was all too familiar. She couldn't quite place it where she had seen it before, but she had. Looking around the room, she found that familiar too. Her thoughts were interrupted as Meiling came out of her room, carrying blankets and pillows.

"Here, Sakura," She smiled, laying them next to the girl on the couch, "In case you need them."

Sakura blinked, staring at the girl. She had thought it strange since the moment she had woken up to find the raven haired girl crying at the side of her bed, but she still felt weird when she saw Meiling. This Meiling was different from the Meiling that she knew back home…this Meiling was nice and didn't insult her. She found herself liking this Meiling a lot, but she missed her Meiling's taunting and insults more.

"Thanks, Meiling."

The other girl's face brightened in response. "No problem. Is there anything else I can get you?"

"No thanks."

"Okay. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." She said, and then she was gone, and Sakura was left in the room by herself, staring at the familiar surroundings.

Where have I seen all of this before, she thought, frustrated. She hated when she couldn't remember things, and this one was annoying her. A glint across the room caught her eye, and she turned her head to look in that direction. Against the wall leaned a sword, and a very familiar sword at that.

Syaoran's sword… Then it came to her, of course! This is Syaoran's apartment! That's why it's so familiar! She smiled, looking around as she remembered every detail. It was all the same, down to the pictures on the wall. Of course she had only been in Syaoran's house once, and only for a moment…that's why it had taken her so long to realize where she was.

I'm in Syaoran's apartment…which means I'm in Tomoeda! She brightened at that thought.

"Here Sakura," Came a voice, and Sakura jumped. She had not heard Yelan enter the room. "I made you some soup." She laid a tray down on the table in front of Sakura.

"Thank you."

"Would you like anything else? Biscuits? A glass of milk?"

Sakura shook her head, just as the phone rang. Yelan went to get it, but Meiling had made it there first.

"Hello?" There was silence as Meiling listened to the voice on the other line. "Yelan? Yes, she's here. Do you wish to speak to her?"

Yelan took the phone from Meiling when Meiling handed to her, and brought it close to her ear. "Yes? This is Yelan."

Meiling sat next to Sakura, who was slowly eating her soup.

"That's Aunt Yelan's special soup." Meiling smiled, "Your favorite," She added.

Sakura didn't know what to say, so she nodded as she put another spoonful into her mouth. It was pretty good - she had never really liked soup, but she found herself liking it more and more with every spoonful.

A click came from behind them, signaling that the phone call was over.

Meiling looked over her shoulder at Yelan, who had a strange look on her face. "What's wrong?"

"That was a call from Hong Kong…I'm afraid I have some bad news."

"What's going on?" Sakura asked.

"Seems your sisters are getting into some trouble…I knew I shouldn't have left them alone." She paused, a sad look on her face, " I'm sorry Sakura, but I must go back home. At least until this is all sorted out."

"I understand." Sakura replied.

"But Aunt Yelan.." Meiling started, looking to Sakura. Yelan seemed to read her mind.

"Sakura will be okay. She's tough. She'll soon be well enough to be on her own again anyway." Yelan informed her, "Wei will be back soon too, and Meiling…I was hoping you'd stay here and look after her?"

Meiling grinned. "Really? I'd love to!" She looked to Sakura, "We can hunt down those Cards together, and stay up late talking about boys just like we used to! Won't that be great, Sakura?"

Sakura nodded, still a bit confused.

"You will both be attending the local school here too." Yelan went on to say, "Starting next week. That should give Sakura enough time to recover fully."

Sakura only smiled in response. She wasn't sure what she was supposed to say about all of this, so she had kept quiet up until now. "Sounds great."

"Then it's settled then. I will leave for Hong Kong in a few days, and Wei will be watching over you two."

Sakura smiled to herself. Once Yelan left and she was allowed to go outside and attend school, she'd soon find those Cards…and hopefully Kero would be able to help her get back to where she belonged.

To Be Continued…