Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ american beauty ❯ who are you? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

American Beauty
 
By: SHAJIRA
 
 
Disclaimers: I own Card Captor Sakura and its characters in my dreams.
 
 
Summary:
 
A flower. A rose. An American Beauty. That's the only thing he has that keeps him having dreams of an emerald-eyed enchantress whom he doesn't even know. She's a Cherry Blossom with thorns, someone he could only have in dreams…
 
 
A/N: Halu!!!!! Ahehehe, here's another fic from your witchie witchie high priestess, hope you'll like this, guys just like how you did with my Because of You…
 
 
-------OoO------
 
Chapter I: Who Are You?
 
--------OoO------
 
 
A hundred days had made me older
Since the last time that I saw your pretty face
 
 
“Guess who?” the amber-eyed man asked in a deep fake voice as he covered the eyes of the girl in front of him.
 
 
The girl laughed. She placed the book she's reading beside her and touched the hands that are on her eyes. “Syaoran, I know that's you.”
 
 
“Are you sure?” he asked again in his fake voice.
 
 
 
“Mighty sure,” she answered as she quickly turned around and attacked his sides. That caused him to let go of her and tried to make her stop and at the same time tickle her too.
 
 
“Oh no, you won't win this time,” he said as he tickle the part of her number one weakness.
 
 
A thousand lights had made me colder
And I don't think I can look at this the same
 
 
 
“Syaoran, please,” she pleaded laughing, ”Aha—stop—let me---haha---go, Syaoran—ahaha!”
 
 
“Wuhoo!” he exclaimed as he pumped his fist in the air. He sat beside the girl who's still breathing heavily from laughing. “The mighty Xiao Lang wins!”
 
 
“But I still guessed right,” she pointed out smirking.
 
 
“Aww, lady, you're no fair.”
 
 
“Are you sure?” she asked, still smirking. Syaoran gulped for no reason he knows. Then she attacked his sides again. Now he's the one laughing uncontrollably. “Surrender, Syaoran!”
 
 
But all the miles had separate
They disappeared now
When I'm dreaming of your face
 
 
 
“Nev---“ Bam.
 
 
The girl's eyes widened in horror. Li Xiao Lang just fell from bench. She hurriedly peeped from her seat to look at him. “Syaoran…? Are you still alive?”
 
 
“Awww…my back.” His eyes are close. His hand is on his back, obviously hurting from the fall. And the other one? Busily reaching out for her.
 
 
She yelped in surprise when she fell, too. She failed to notice when he pulled her down and now she's on top of him. “Syaoran!!” she exclaimed.
 
 
Syaoran gasped as he opened his eyes. “Did you gain weight? Man, you're heavy.”
 
 
I'm here without you, baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you, baby
And I dream about you all the time
 
 
She playfully slapped his chest. “You're just imagining things. Are you sure it was your back that's hurting? I'm willing to pay a box of chocolates to have your head check.”
 
 
“Come on, Cherry Blossom. I only need sweet words. Why don't you just admire me? Tell me I'm the most handsome guy you've ever seen.”
 
 
“Syaoran.”
 
 
“Yes?”
 
 
“My head is perfectly fine and I'm not going insane.” She had put her hand under his chin and pushed his face left and right. ”But in fairness, you're not bad looking. You have beautiful amber eyes and perfectly shaped lips with matching sexy messy hair. You're tall and have great body to die for. You're an awesome soccer player, you love to play around that makes you fun to be with, you've got almost the entire female population fantasizing you.” She tapped his shoulders afterwards. “I think I said things while sleeping.”
 
 
I'm here without you, baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight it's only you and me
 
 
 
 
“Not so fast,” he said when she tried to get up. “You forgot to say that I'm also charming.”
 
 
“Okay, you're also charming. Now, can you let me go?”
 
 
“Let me admire you first.”
 
 
The miles just keep rolling
As the people either way to say hello
 
 
She smiled sweetly to him. “You've always been admiring me, Syaoran,” she joked.
 
 
Syaoran tilted his head a little. He admired the beauty in front of him closely. The glow in her enticing emerald eyes, the captivating smile she always wore, the perfect face of an angel, her soft silky auburn hair…everything about her is amazing. Even add her wonderful persona. “You're so lovely, Cherry Blossom.”
 
 
I hear this life is overrated
But I hope it gets better as we go
 
 
“Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked nervously.
 
 
“I'm admiring you.”
 
 
 
I'm here without you, baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you, baby
And I dream about you all the time
 
 
It was obvious that she doesn't feel comfortable anymore. But before she could get up, a voice cut through them.
 
 
“Well, well, well, what do we have here? My girlfriend and the new boy in town. I'm expecting a scene much more than that.”
 
 
“Xander!” she exclaimed as she hurriedly got up.
 
 
Syaoran stood up and said with a bored expression, “Look, man, it's not what you think---“
 
 
Before he could even finish his sentence, the black-haired guy called Xander has already sent his fist to Syaoran's face.
 
 
“Oh, my God! Xander, stop that!” the girl frantically said as she tried to stop her boyfriend from attacking Syaoran.
 
 
“Go away!” he just said as he pushed her away. She landed on the pavement with a thud.
 
 
“You bastard!” Syaoran spat seeing what he did. The man could hurt him for all he cares, but never his Cherry Blossom. No one has the right to hurt her. He also gave Xander a punch that made him lose a little of his balance. “Don't you dare do that to her!”
 
 
I'm here without you, baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight it's only you and me
 
 
“I have every right to do so! She's mine!” he shot back and tried to kick Syaoran but he's too slow. He only gave Syaoran the opportunity to punch him in the stomach.
 
 
Xnader's eyes flashed dangerously. “You'll pay for this. “
 
 
“Stop that, you two!” she yelled. “Come on, Xan, let's go,” she dragged him away from Syaoran.
 
 
“We're not yet through, Li,” Xander spat. Syaoran just glared at him.
 
 
The girl sent Syaoran an apologetic look. “I'm sorry. Come on, Xan, I'll come with you. Just leave him alone.”
 
 
Everything I know
 
 
“But, wait…” Syaoran protested but he seemed to be rooted in the same spot as he watched them go. He could see that the girl is crying from whatever the man is telling her. “Sa----“
 
 
---
 
And anywhere I go
And everywhere I go
Hoh
It gets hard but it won't take away my love
 
 
 
“Nooo!!!” Syaoran shouted. He opened his eyes only to be greeted by darkness. He sat up then combed his hair with his hand as he tried to calm his nerves. He's breathing heavily from the dream.
 
 
Why did it have to seem so real? And most importantly, why is he having that dream? Almost every night, for the past four years, he has been having dreams about that…girl. He doesn't even know her…does he?
 
 
And when the last one falls
When it's all said and done
It gets hard but it won't take away my love
 
 
He just shook his head and counted from ten down to one to keep away the memories of the dream. He got up and went straight to the bathroom. He needs to freshen up.
 
 
When he's through, just in time finishing putting on his jogging attire, he heard a knock from the door. He went for it and has Kaho Mizuki as the first face of the morning.
 
 
“Good morning, Syaoran, I'm glad I didn't wake you up,” she greeted with a smile.
 
 
Syaoran just managed a nod and a small smile. “Coffee?”
 
 
“Nah. I still have lots to do early this morning. And I can see that you are, too. Maybe some other time,” she politely declined. “Just came here to say that the new occupant of the unit next to yours is arriving today.
 
 
“Okay,” he said slowly. He watched the owner of the five-storey apartment building leave. Then he prepared to leave, too.
 
 
It was still early, probably only six in the morning and he's already up for his jogging routine. He always does this to erase the image of the emerald-eyed beauty from his dreams.
 
 
I'm here without you, baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you, baby
And I dream about you all the time
 
 
“Who are you?” he asked. And like the other times, he still got no answer. He can't find any reason why he would dream about her. Could she be connected with his American Beauty?
 
 
He mentally shook his head. He must be still dreaming. Then his mind wandered to Kaho's words.
 
 
I'm here without you, baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
 
 
`New neighbor, eh?”
 
 
And tonight it's only you and me
 
 
 
------OoO-----
 
 
Waaah, so how was it? Like it? Hate it? Just send me what you guys think and I'll try my best to take in either positive or negative comments…
 
 
By the way, this will be a three-part fic (I guess) so please be kind enough to tell me what you think this story will go `coz honestly, I just wrote what popped in my head last night! No planned chapters, no plot, as in this is an unexpected story! ehehe..
 
 
^____^ Shajira
 
Take care, guyz, and God bless…