Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ american beauty ❯ how ironic ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-------OoO-------
Chapter II: How Ironic
-------OoO-------
Sakura let the cool morning breeze embrace her whole being.
It had been years since the last time she felt at peace. And that was before the story of leaving happened. Since the day he said goodbye, nightmares never leave her. Even during the day, he's still haunting her.
She stopped dead in her tracks when she hit her destination. Penguin Park. She heaved a deep sigh trying to block away the memories. She found a bench and sat there. As her emerald eyes roamed around the too familiar place, she couldn't help but to give a bitter smile.
It's funny how fate could play tricks on you. It could give you someone who'll save you from your miseries yet it could also take away that very someone who has become your happiness. Fate will only give you a taste of that someone's caring touch and loving heart. But when that someone have found a place in your heart, that's when fate will take your savior away from you.
It's really funny, you know. The great irony of life. How the one who took you away from your nightmares could be the reason of new set of tears. When he left, that's when she felt that her whole world was falling apart. And indeed, it fell.
Sakura tried to control her emotions. She won't cry. She had promised herself she won't cry anymore. But still, a single tear found its way down her cheek. Until it soaked the cover of the notebook she'd been carrying.
She hastily wiped the hot liquid that soaked her pink journal but by doing so, the fallen tear just smeared and soaked it more. She gave out a helpless sigh and just stared at her journal with cherry blossom and star designs.
Since the day he left, the Penguin Park had always been a bitter reminder of him. So she left Tomoeda and went to Tokyo to study. She said to herself that she would only return to her hometown once she finally moved on.
But she was mistaken. Greatly. Yeah, she's back. But she's still crying a river over him.
And this journal in her hands is her companion. It may be pink but for Sakura, it is colored black…grief and sorrow. This is where she writes down all the pent-up emotions…the pains...the confusions…the regrets…everything.
She opened it and found a piece of paper that was obviously a letter inserted in the journal. Along with it is a dried withered rose, an American beauty. She took the folded paper and decided to read its contents…
How I wish you and I will be together. How I wish you'll leave me never. How I wish my arms are around your shoulders. How I wish you and I will last forever…
But I know that I should stop wishing things that are impossible coz I've come to realize that destiny can hurt a person as much as it can bless, and I find myself wondering why of all people in the world I'd fall for someone who can never be mine…
Before she could even finish reading the letter, she hastily folded it again and slammed the folder shut along with it. She raised her face towards the sky and tightly closed her eyes hoping it would atop the tears from falling.
Some memories are so ironic.
------OoO------
Syaoran sipped his coffee absentmindedly. The enchantress still lives in his mind…enchanting him. Why won't she go away? Why does it feel like she's a missing link in his life? And why, oh, why does he keep on having dreams about her?
It's so damn confusing.
He only stopped his train of thoughts when his cup was all drained. It seemed like he still needs another round of jogging. He mentally shook his head. He left a few bills on his table and prepared to leave the coffee shop.
------OoO------
Sakura snapped open her eyes when she heard her phone ringing. She placed the journal beside her and hurriedly fished out her phone from her shoulder bag.
“Hello?
“Sakura, where are you?” came the caller's greeting. “I've been waiting for you.”
Sakura looked at her watch and indeed she is late. “I'm sorry, Tomoyo, I'm coming.”
“Alright. I'm here at Rika's coffee shop. Hurry up, we still need to fix nyou place.”
“Ja, Tomoyo.”
With that's aid, she hung up. She quickly slid back her phone in her bag and made a jog-walk to the said coffee shop since it's juts located near the Penguin Park failing to notice she left something valuable.
When she saw the sign “Heavenly”, she sped up and ran towards the shop. Because of her eagerness to be with Tomoyo ASAP she bumped into a hooded man. “I'm sorry,” she quickly apologized and went inside.
-----OoO-----
Syaoran looked over his shoulder to where the auburn-haired girl who bumped into him is. But his search is going nowhere because he didn't see her face. He just heard a muffled “I'm sorry” from a voice that seemed oddly familiar.
But he quickly dismissed the thought as he shook his head. He jogged around Penguin Park thrice and when he felt that didn't help his troubled mind, he just chose to sit on one of the benches in the park.
“Oh, enchanting Cherry Blossom, who could you be?” he asked helplessly. He buried his face on his palms and then massaged his temples. He's really confused.
Then after a while, thinking he should do something or he might go crazy, found his surroundings quite amusing. He needed something to occupy his mind so here it is! Syaoran roamed his amber eyes; looking for something he couldn't put a name to. He just looked left and right, up and down, until he found something that finally caught his attention. It was a pink notebook, obviously a diary or…a journal.
He picked it up and it smelt like, “Cherry blossoms.”
-----OoO-----
What do you think? Please tell me! I really need some reviews right now to make me continue this...uh, tragic story of SS...
 
Mwahugzzz,
 
SHAJIRA