Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ american beauty ❯ remember ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Weep! Ehehe, hi guyzzz! So sowe for the late update, I've just been really busy for the past weeks and hopefully after this week, I'll be back to my weekly upadate sked…
Hope you enjoy this chappie!
-----OoO-----
Chapter III: Remember
-----OoO-----
“Sakura, are you sure it's okay to leave you?” Tomoyo asked her auburn-haired best friend for the hundredth time.
“Tomoyo, I was just away for four years. I don't think Tomoeda changed dramatically in such a short time.”
Tomoyo sighed. “I know. I'm just worried.”
“Which should stop. I'm fine, Moyo-chan. I'll take good care of myself,” Sakura said. When she saw her reaction, she added, “For you.”
Tomoyo sighed again. A little more audible this time. “what can I do? You're too stubborn. I'll be back tomorrow, okay? There are still plenty of things to move around here.”
Sakura watched her best friend leave. Since that morning, all they did was fix her place. And it was now night time and there are still plenty of things to do. Thank goodness they had finished the dining are and were able to prepare a simple dinner.
Sakura glanced at the clock above. It says 9:00.
`That late already?'
-----OoO------
Syaoran threw his jacket away once he reached his place. He didn't even pay much attention to the unit next door. He totally forgot about the whole new occupant thing.
All day, his mother was on his case again. As expected, she wanted him to come back to Hong Kong, find a wife, take over the clan and the companies, and produce an heir.
“As if that's easy for me to do,” he muttered to himself as he rummaged the fridge to look for something to drink. He grabbed himself a canned beer and opened it. He isn't really into drinking but sometimes he needs some shots to calm his nerves and ease his mind.
As he took a swig of his beer, he proceeded to the balcony of his apartment and rested his body on the doorframe. He watched as star after star twinkle in the vast night sky. The moon, too, seemed to sympathize in the gloomy situation he's in---- his pathetic life.
He took another gulped and momentarily closed his eyes. For the past three years, after the biggest incident in his entire existence happened he's been living an unknown and pathless life. It'd like he doesn't know his own self anymore.
That's why he left the place his family calls home three months ago. He wanted to find out for himself the paradise his heart calls home.
And it lead him here…in the small town of Tomoeda, Japan…
Flashback
“Master Xiao Lang!” the old butler exclaimed when he came in view. “You are not supposed to walk on you own. You must be in your bed, resting.”
“Wei, I am not paralytic. I can do things on my own,” Syaoran said, a little irritated. He doesn't like the way his family and the whole clan treat him. For the past months, they are always by his side, assisting. They always make him rest like a weak man in his sick death bed.
“But you just came out from your coma,” Wei softly said.
Syaoran just showed no emotion. “Where's Mother? My Sisters?”
“The Mistress just left for a clan meeting while your sisters are out shopping. Do you want your snacks to be prepared?”
“I'll just…take a walk.”
He immediately left the dining area and decided to roam the WHOLE mansion. That would be a good idea to ease his boredom and become familiar with things again.
According to his family, he met an accident that almost cost him his life. He remained in a comatose state for a year. And after 5 months of recovery, Syaoran recovered physically. His mental state is still a puzzle.
He couldn't remember a certain part of his life. The accident made him forget recent events in his life. According to the limited info he got from his family he was away for four months to some place UNKNOWN before he mat the accident. Obviously, the clan thought that whatever happened in those 4 months was the reason why he drove madly and got himself drunk, and it would be best not to remind him about that part of his life.
`I want to know what they're hiding from me,' he said to himself as he walked along the corridors leading to the gardens. He looked outside and one could see clearly that most of the flowers are now in bloom.
Unconsciously, a certain part of the garden made him smile. He walked through the gardens and on to the left side. He ended up with a vine and bust covered wall.
With expertise, he moved some leaves to reveal a part of the wall. Not surprising to him, Syaoran turned the knob and the secret door opened.
He walked in and a rush of memories filled him. He used to play in this secret part of the garden and even made this a hiding place from his sisters. This was his grandmother's secret garden.
He roamed his eyes around the old greenhouse. It has been years since he'd been here but the place still holds its natural beauty. Flowers, particularly American Beauties, are in their full bloom and Syaoran owes it to the tool his father provided where every time the maids water the plants, the water tank inside will also be filled and sprinkle water on the plants.
At his right was a not so old loveseat and table. On the table was a box with words “Tomoeda, Japan” written on the side facing him. Syaoran narrowed his eyes. He couldn't remember ever coming to that town in Japan.
He walked towards it and traced his fingers on the opening. What could be inside it? With curiosity winning over, he opened the lid of the box.
He was surprised to find a delicately carved wooden box a little smaller than a shoe box. He took it out and saw that the designs were of a flower…a rose.
Syaoran didn't know why but as hew held on to that box his heart was beating faster as if in a marathon. With trembling hands he tried to open it and it did. On the inside lid cover was the engraved words “Little Wolf & Cherry Blossom” in plain silver. One could see that it was…is still new.
And inside? A beautifully framed American Beauty…just like those precious flowers his grandmother used to grow in this secret place. Although it has already withered, it still has its regal form. On the lower left of the fame just below the rose petals were the words “Wo Ai Ni, My Precious Cherry Blossom”.
`A cherry Blossom and an American Beauty?'
Syaoran knew that he IS Little Wolf…but who could be this Cherry Blossom…that he loved?
As if to answer his question he took the cassette recorder out from the box. It was pink and smelled like Cherry Blossoms.
Should I?
Yes, you should.
He pushed the play button and was greeted by a female's melodic voice.
Come on, Syao-kun. Just this one?”
Iie, Cherry Blossom. I can't.”
Please, please, please? Don't you want me to be happy?”
Syaoran heard himself sighed. Who wouldn't if the girl's voice is about to cry? “You know I can't sing.”
Syaoran…”
Fine. But just this one.”
Waiiiii! Thank you! Thank you!”
Syaoran raised a brow. Are that really sounds of kisses he could hear in the background? But the next thing he heard made his eyes widened. Is HE really singing?
Another day passes by
I'm dreamin' of you
And though I know
It might be just a dream
Dreams come true
Syaoran held his breath. The next voice he heard is simply captivating.
Somewhere, somehow
I'll find you even though
It takes all of my life (All of my life, oh)
And when I finally do (And when I finally do)
I know inside my heart (I know inside my heart)
That there could be no doubt
I knew it from the start
----
Syaoran was brought back to reality when he heard a rash. His gaze immediately flew to the room next doors. What's happening? And the next thing he knew, a woman was crying…
“What the---?”
But he immediately came to a halt with the thing he heard next.
Another day passes by
I'm dreamin' of you…
----OoO----
What happened to Sakura--- I mean, Syao-kun's neighbor?
Oohhh, am I bad or what? Ahehehe, hope you guys liked this one and made up for my late update…
And if you guys wanna hear the songs I'm using, just go to my homepage and look for the link, okie dokie?
I'm sure some of the questions you have were finally answered in this chappie, right? And if you have some more, just ask me! So go on and review, ehehe
Shajira