Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ american beauty ❯ is that you? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Welllllllllll, I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ehehehe, so sorry if I wasn't able to update soon, my exams were in the way…and I joined the theater, nyehehehe, didn't know I could do that….
Hope you'll like this chappie!!!!
-----OoO----
Chapter IV:Is That You?
-----OoO----
Lub. Dub.
Lub. Dub.
Lub. Dub.
`What???!!!!!???' Syaoran's mind roared. His heart, on the other hand, is beating madly; any moment it could explode.
That song…
He ran to the other side of the balcony, the part where he could peek on what's happening to his neighbor in the unit next door.
But the only thing he could make out is the song still playing…coming from within…the voices are clearly HIS and Cherry Blossom's, the girl in his dreams…
Was he a singer?
`No. Never,' he answered to himself.
Perhaps, Cherry Blossom?
`Could be. She has an amazing voice…'
But why is he hearing CRYING? The song is not that mellow to the point that it could melt anyone's heart and make anybody cry like a river. But this woman…she's like mourning a death…a death of a loved one…or perhaps, a love for someone?
`I don't know…but I feel like I could relate to her…even though I don't know if I love Cherry Blossom.'
Syaoran, why did you go??!!” the woman cried out when the song ended.
Now, that's what you call a shocker. And Syaoran is shocked beyond shock.
---
Sakura didn't bother wiping her tears. It doesn't really matter. She had told herself countless times that she won't cry anymore but by just hearing that song…she has no control over her emotions. In a way, that song serves as the connection between her and him…between Sakura and Syaoran.
“Oh, God, why can't I forget about him?” she muttered to herself when she felt her eyes burn with tears again. “Syaoran will never come back.”
And that's when the phone chose to ring. Sakura hurriedly composed herself although the person on the other line wouldn't care if she looks presentable or not coz he couldn't see her. It's just a habit. A woman's habit.
“H-hello?”
“Sakura…”
Sakura gasped when she heard that manly voice. It couldn't be…him.
---
Eriol Hiiragizawa, a man twenty-four years of age, sighed exasperatedly. He doesn't need his gentleman nature at present. He really needs to let it out. “Tomoyo, dear…”
No response.
“Listen to me, stop worrying.”
But, still, no one responded.
Eriol, for the umpteenth time, sighed loudly. “Tomoyo!!!”
Tomoyo immediately stopped pacing back and forth and stared innocently at her husband. “Yes?”
Eriol, just in a few strides, made it in front of her and hugged his wife to him. “Do not worry yourself too much. Everything's going to be fine.”
“My God, Eri, That's exactly what Sakura told me. And YOU'VE been saying that for the past five years!”
“Four and seven months actually,” he pointed out.
Tomoyo raised her face and glared at him. “It's just the same.”
“No, it's not. It's still in the four-year bracket. It lacks four more months---no, no, no. I remember now. It's been four years, seven months, two weeks, and three days. So, that means, it lacks---“
“Eriol, darling,” Tomoyo said through gritted teeth. “You have the right to remain silent. So, please, shut up. It's not funny.”
“I AM not funny, alright. But I just want to cool you down. Sooner or later, Syaoran and Sakura would meet again. There'll be a continuation of the love story we've all been waiting for.”
“But the guy lost his memory!”
“If he loves her, he'll remember her. Give them time, Moyo.”
Tomoyo just rested her head on his chest. Hearing his heart beat is enough to reassure her.
`Sakura, Syaoran…don't give up. Be strong. Fate is just testing you.'
---
Syaoran didn't know what possessed him but here hew is, standing in front of his neighbor's door. It's late in the evening but he couldn't control the urge of asking his neighbor about the song…why she's crying…and if they have any connection with each other…
Wait, what connection? And where the heck did that idea come from?
But back to the present issue, would he knock or not?
`Come on. The girl won't eat you!' his smarty Hearty said.
`But isn't it rude knocking on a woman's door so late at night?' emotional Brainy countered.
`He just wants to talk to her.'
`What if she's already sleeping?'
`That's impossible!'
`And how can that be?'
`She's wide awake a few minutes ago.'
`Anyone could fall asleep right after crying.'
`She was wailing.'
`What?! Hearty, when did you become like that? You're supposed to be softer than me.'
`You influenced me.'
`I did not.'
`You did too.'
`Did not.'
`Did too.'
`Did not.'
`Did too.'
`Did not.'
`Did too.'
`Did not.'
`Did too.
`Did not.'
`Did too.'
`Did not.'
`Did too.'
`Did not!.”
`Did---`
“Shut up,” Syaoran hissed. And thankfully, the battle of Hearty and brainy ended. What's happening in the world today? People are becoming weirder and weirder and now even the heart and brain are included in the list.
He raised his face and stared at the number before him. 09. Bold and gold. It's as if it's inviting him to knock. Would he? Would he not?
“Fine,” he grumbled. He knocked once.
Twice.
Thrice.
Four times.
But no response.
---
“Xa…Xander?” Sakura breathed into the phone.
“Glad to know you haven't forgotten about me.”
“How'd you---“
“I heard you're in town again. I know how to find you. Trust me, darling, you can't hide from me,” he coldly stated that sent shivers to Sakura.
Sakura used her free hand to rub her temples. Man, this really a long night. “I am not hiding from you.”
“Oh, yeah? Then what did you do for the past four years?”
“I was away for my studies!”
“You can't fool me. You were looking for that Li bastard, weren't you?”
“Leave Syaoran out of this.”
“Then meet me. I'm outside.” The next thing Sakura knew, he hung up. He stared at the phone for a few moment before she got up and look for a coat. How dare he show up??!!!!! But she's still gonna meet him. Xander's right. She can't hide from him.
She opened the door and she swore she heard another oneclosed. Beside hers. But she doesn't have time to contemplate about that. She has to meet Xander. Once and for all.
---
Syaoran threw himself on his bed. He just wasted his time. His neighbor must have already been asleep when he knocked. He was a little hopeful that they would meet…but there's still tomorrow, right? And the day after? And the day after the day after tomorrow? And the day----
He shook his head. What was he thinking? Just because he's desperate to know who Cherry Blossom is doesn't mean he can control the urge to involve his neighbor who happens to know Syaoran.
Syaoran stared at the ceiling above. That's the only thing he could do right now. And to add to the boredom effect, he spread his arms--- Syaoran raised a brow. He felt something his left hand touched.
He grabbed that thing and held close for him to see. He came in contact with a pink, cherry blossomed-scented notebook. A journal. A woman's journal.
He sat up with his back resting on the bed rest. He totally forgot about this thing which he found in the park. But now that it got his full attention…
He opened it and he was automatically taken aback by the sight that greeted him. On the title/name page was a picture framed in a blood red rose petal.
The picture was taken during in a some sort of competition. A singing competition. The figure in the left was a girl with long flowing auburn hair, laughing emerald eyes, and pink luscious lips. She wore pink full-sleeved off-shouldered shirt and white skirt with pink linings. The picture was only half-bodied style yet it showed how gorgeous and sexy she is.
And he knows her. She's been haunting his dreams…
It was Cherry Blossom.
And beside her was him, Syaoran himself, looking dashing as ever in a dark green polo shirt. His left arm was wrapped around her waist and in turn her right palm was on his chest while his free hand was holding a trophy. And best of all, he's smiling.
They obviously won.
“Is this…for real? Me and…her? Is that really YOU, cherry Blossom?”
And that was when he heard somebody screamed. His balcony door was still open therefore he could hear what's going on outside.
“Go to Hell, Xander!!!”
-----OoO-----
Well? Is that enough to make up for my veeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy late update? I just hope so!!! Tell me what you think guys!!!!
And if you have time, please check out my fic, Midnight Wolf… by the way, the song I used was entitled YOU ARE THE ONE by Serenity…
Mwahugzzzzz,
Shaji