Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ american beauty ❯ reminiscing the past ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm sooooooooooooooo sowe for the very very late update. I'm now in my 3rd year in high school and seriously school has been a pain in the neck. I have to study hard and excel in extra curricular activities if I don't want to be kicked out from the class I'm in and end up in the lower sections.
 
 
I hope this chappie will make up for my late update :p
 
 
-----oOo-----
 
Chapter V: Reminiscing the Past
 
-----oOo-----
 
 
“Xander, go to hell!”
 
 
Syaoran didn't know what he's doing. But the moment he heard a scream coming just outside the building, he just found himself flying down the stairs.
 
 
 
 
Sakura tried to break free from Xander's grip. It's no use. He's much too stronger. “Will you let go of me?” She glared at him.
 
 
The man before her just smirked dangerously. His dark hair was even darker in the night. And his eyes…with just the slight beams from the moon, flashed in predatory manner in its darkest blue. “What do you think, darling? You were gone for more than four years…”
 
 
She tried to break fight for her freedom. Sakura mentally cursed herself. She went here hoping she could talk to Xander in a civil way. She wanted to formally end her relationship with him. But instead of letting go, he grabbed her and turned to obsessive mode.
 
 
“And do you really think I would let go easily? You're wrong.” He tightened his grip on her. she winced but didn't show it. “You're mine, Sakura.”
 
 
“Like hell!” she spat. Then she kicked his shin.
 
 
“You, bitch, what did you do that for?” He slapped her so fiercely she's sure his palm would leave a mark. He tried to attack again.
 
 
Really tried.
 
 
But somebody grabbed his wrist and twisted it. A voice from behind hissed dangerously. “Touch her and regret in hell.”
 
 
 
Sakura gulped. She couldn't see her savior's face but he looks like a wolf toying with his prey.
 
 
Xander gritted his teeth and used his free hand to punch whoever the intruder is. But he moved too slowly. Mr. Savior just caught it and now his two hands are trapped and the pain from the twisted wrists is getting too unbearable for him.
 
 
“You have no business here, you bastard! Leave me and my fiancée alone!”
 
 
“Fiancée?” Mr. Savior repeated in a deadly whisper.
 
 
Sakura trembled and wondered on how on earth Xander could still smirk at a time like this. “Oh yes and you are intruding our little private moment---.”
 
 
“Liar!” Sakura growled in spite of the situation she's in. How dare he say such things?
 
 
“That's all I need to know,” the man said and twisted again Xanders' wrist---no, arm. A disgusting shriek of pain broke the peacefulness of the night.
 
 
“You should learn your lesson.” And with that he kicked Xander's ass. Literally.
 
 
He was thrown beside Sakura and his face met the cold pavement. Sakura could have laugh if Xander hadn't reach for her leg and pulled her to him.
 
 
“No! Let me go!”
 
 
“Shut up! And stop kicking!” Xander told her menacingly. He glared at the man who just cursed under his breath for stupidly letting Xander have her. “She's mine!”
 
 
“Never!” Sakura bravely declared and kicked his -ehem—balls.
 
 
“OWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
 
As soon as Sakura escaped from Xander, the man acted and punched him square in the face.
 
 
“Respect women!”
 
 
As the man beat the daylights out of Xander Sakura didn't notice the wet ground. She slipped and her head hit the ground. The last thing she heard was Xander's cry of pain.
 
 
She blacked out.
 
 
 
 
It had been an hour and the figure on his bed hasn't shown any sign of waking up. He just acted on impulse and did what he think is right. SAVE THE GIRL. After making sure he knocked out the bastard he brought the girl to his apartment and laid her on his bed.
 
 
And now, the only thing he could do is gaze at her face.
 
 
“`So beautiful…” Syaoran whispered with an unknown longing in his eyes. “…and so familiar…”
 
 
She's sleeping peacefully. And despite what happened a small smile made it to her lips. It's as if she knew she's safe…
 
 
Temptation got the best of Syaoran. He wanted to make sure this angel is real. He was about to caress her face when she stirred. Syaoran held his breath and didn't bother to move his hand mere inches from her when her sleepy eyes fluttered open a little.
 
 
She has the most tantalizing pair of green eyes…like emerald gems.
 
 
“Syaoran…”
 
 
Now he literally forgot how to breathe. What did she say?
 
 
She smiled sweetly…then returned to sleeping peacefully again.
 
 
His breathing is about to return to normal when she mumbled, “Why did you have to go? I need you back…I -yawn—lauhm uhmm…” and the next thing she said were unrecognizable murmurs.
 
 
Is it safe to breathe now?
 
 
 
 
Syaoran is in deep slumber with his head resting next to the girl's…
 
 
“Sakura…” he mumbled subconsciously…
 
---oOo---
 
 
 
My life is brilliant
An 18-year old Syaoran Li is in a hurry. He's late for class and the fastest way he could get to school is through a train. He's just halfway through the subway when he saw her.
 
 
She's sitting on one of the benches, probably waiting for the next ride. And all Syaoran could do is stare at her. God, she's so beautiful…but why is she crying?
 
 
My life is brilliant
 
 
 
“A weeping angel,” he muttered. He didn't know what possessed him but he started coming near her and sat beside her, forgetting he's late.
 
 
“I'm so stupid,” the girl whispered to herself as she tried to wipe away the tears that are freely falling from her eyes.
 
 
“Here.”
 
 
My love is pure
 
 
 
The girl stared at the handkerchief in front of her face. She looked at its owner and Syaoran's breath got caught in his throat. He's right. She's as beautiful as an angel.
 
 
Syaoran smiled at her. “Take it. I'm sure you wouldn't want others to see you crying.”
 
 
The girl, though reluctant, took the hanky from him and just stared at it.
 
 
Syaoran felt his heart wrench by just looking at her. She looks so lost. “Let me.” If the girl is surprise by the sudden action, so is he. Syaoran Li, future leader of the powerful Li Clan, never imagined himself wiping a girl's tears away gently. “There. Just please stop crying. You're too beautiful to cry.”
 
 
I saw an angel
Of that I'm sure
 
 
 
“Uhhh…can…can I…”
 
 
“Can you what? Blow your nose?” Syaoran lightly asked in a comical way.
 
 
The girl's face flushed even more.
 
 
Syaoran's about to laugh when his eyes widened. “Oh, no.”
 
 
“No?” she squeaked.
 
 
“I'm gonna be late!” he gave her back the hanky and winked. “Cry no more!”
 
 
“Wa---wait!”
 
 
Syaoran looked back and jogged in place. He looks like an idiot doing that but he cares not.
 
 
“Thank you.” Then she smiled.
 
 
She smiled at me on the subway
 
 
He, too, smiled. “Anytime.”
 
 
---
 
 
Inside the train, Syaoran couldn't keep smiling to himself. She smiled! She actually smiled though she's not in the mood. He looked back again through the glass window and automatically frowned.
 
 
She was with another man
 
 
A man just walked by and kissed her on the cheek; told her something and…got even happier.
 
 
Syaoran just felt his world down.
 
 
---oOo---
 
 
But I won't lose nor sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan
 
 
“Class, we have an exchange student from Hong Kong, China. He'll be staying with us for 7 months. Please welcome, Mr. Syaoran Li.”
 
 
Syaoran stepped in. He bowed to his new class and when he raised his face he was greeted by a pair of wide emerald eyes.
 
 
You're beautiful. You're beautiful
You're beautiful, it's true
 
 
“You may take your seat beside Sakura Kinomoto. Miss Kinomoto?”
 
 
“Ha-hai.” The emerald-eyed angel raised her hand.
 
 
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
Cause I'll never be with you.
 
 
`Sakura,' he thought. `Cherry Blossom…'
 
 
---oOo---
 
 
The amber-eyed man walked through the streets of Tomoeda. He wants to be familiar with the place he's gonna stay at for the rest of the year.
 
 
Yeah, she caught my eye,
As I walked on by
 
 
He just got from the flower shop and he's about to enter a certain café when his eyes narrowed. Ain't that man familiar? The said black-haired man is acting all lovey-dovey with a blonde who's definitely not Sakura. He learned from earlier that he's name is Xander and is her boyfriend.
 
 
He left the place and went to the nearby park, the King Penguin. As he nears the slide he heard someone crying. Syaoran has this odd feeling that he knew who's crying her heart out.
 
 
She could see from my face that I was,
Flying high,
 
 
“Why does he have to be so insensitive?”
 
 
“Probably because he's dumb for letting you cry again.”
 
 
Sakura looked up and she met his blazing amber eyes. “Li…”
 
 
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.
 
 
“Syaoran. Call me Syaoran. And didn't I tell you not to cry anymore…over your boyfriend.”
 
 
She smiled faintly. “I take it you already know why I'm crying…” She sighed.
 
 
Syaoran has this sympathetic look in his eyes. “Don't shed tears for someone who hurts you. Don't feel sorry if you fail when you try your best for him. You should not be stupid to fall for someone who is stupid enough not to settle for someone as special as you.”
 
 
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true
 
 
She just stared at him for a long time. “Maybe you're right. I'm stupid.” When he tried to say something, she beat him to it smiling. “Don't say sorry. Don't pity me. I've had enough of that.”
 
 
“Who says I pity you?”
 
 
I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you
 
 
Sakura raised a brow at him.
 
 
Syaoran chuckled. Then took a flower from the bag he's carrying. “Friends?” He gave it to her. It was an American Beauty.
 
 
Lalala lalala lalala lalala laaaaaa
 
 
 
“It's beautiful,” she exclaimed. Finally, Syaoran again saw that angelic smile of hers. “Thank you. And yes, friends.”
 
 
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
 
 
“Know what? If I were your lover, I promise I would not hurt you. If I were your honey, I promise I would not leave you.”
 
 
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you
 
 
“Really?”
 
 
Syaoran just nodded. `But I'm just your friend and I can't promise I would not fall for you…'
 
 
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you
 
 
 
 
Syaoran awoke from his dream. He's panting heavily. He look at the girl in his bed.
 
 
“Sakura…”
 
 
He now remembers everything…
 
 
-----OoO-----
 
 
Well, is that enough? Ehehe, I soooo totally love that song You're Beautiful by James Blunt ---sigh--- well, did you like my chappie? Review!!!!
 
 
Wehehehe, one more thing to celebrate, Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao won against Erik Morales in the third chapter of their boxing match, ehehe, mga kababayan ko, narinig niyo ba yung kanta niya? His victory is once again a pride to the Philippines.
 
And ,oh, please check out my newest fic, Prayer of the Romantically Desperate Delusional or Merely Hopeful
 
 
 
Mwahuggzz,
 
 
Shajira :p
 
 
“In love, you don't ask a person to love you as much as you do but you love a person as far more than you could.”