Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of My Dreams ❯ Meetings ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angel of My Dreams
 
By EmyBlossom
 
Rated T for violence and sexual themes
 
Summary: He was always missing something in his life. But he didn't know that something came with a halo and wings. S/S
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Sakura or Syaoran, they are owned by the lovely ladies of CLAMP. But this story is concept is mine and so is Doe Nintoda (unfortunately, she would annoy me in real life!).
 
A/N: I got this idea after reading CLAMP's WISH and it developed into this. I almost made it a songfic to "Everywhere" by Michelle Branch but I thought it would kill the mood of the story. Sakura might be a little out of character when she gets made at Doe but I needed this reaction and Syaoran might just be plain out-of-character period. I'm so sorry. Plus this turned out a little darker than I originally planned. Please read and review!
 
Update 1.0: Fixed the ending in parts where I wasn't satisfied. I guess my clouded brain took a hit on my judgement, but the main story remains in tact. Plus, I have decided to continue the story, with chapter two being titled Getting To Know You. More fluff coming up!
 
*****
 
"Syaoran-kun! Stop it! I…said…I…give…up!!!" Sakura managed to say through peals of laughter. Syaoran and her were sitting on a bench in an empty King Penguin Park where, after being provoked, he started tickling her. It was a bit unfair, but he knew it was one of her weaknesses and she looked so cute when she was tickled.
 
But now was his chance, and he wasn't about to miss it.
 
"Only if you say I am the most handsome and charming guy you ever kissed."
 
"Wait, what?" Syaoran had stopped tickling her, so she could speak normally. Her features showed confusion and just maybe, a hint of curiosity in her eyes. "I have never kissed you."
 
"Oh, yeah," he closed the distance between them with the lightest, most sensual kiss. His lips worked wonders over hers until she wasn't stunned and she began to kiss him back. Tingles reverberated through Syaoran's whole being. This is what he had wanted, ever since he laid his eyes on her, years ago.
 
When they finally parted, her jade eyes were shining with a light there hadn't been before, or was that just his imagination? "Okay," was all she said.
 
But he was too shocked over the past few events that occurred to realize what she was talking about, "Huh?"
 
She came closer to his face till her mouth was next to her ear. Just her hot breath on his ear was enough sensation to send him reeling, "You are the most handsome and charming guy I ever kissed," she whispered. "But now it's your turn."
 
She backed away from his ear and her face hovered near his. He was pulling in closer to begin Round 2 when she attacked his sides with her hands. "Now it is your turn to submit to me and say, 'Sakura is the most beautiful woman you ever made-out with."
 
"That…(laughter)…wasn't...(more laughter)…making-out…(peels more laughter)…"
 
"Oh, yeah," she mimicked and closed the gap between them once again. Syaoran felt tingles once again, but this time more intense, more passionate. This was even more than what he had imagined it would be like. He never imagined she would want him too.
 
They finally came up for air once they couldn't go on any longer.
 
He framed her face with his hands as she gazed up at him expectantly, a smile playing on her lips. She was in every aspect of the word, perfect. From her honey-colored hair to her jade-green eyes, she was the epitome of lovely. The way her hair framed her face when she turned to greet him, the way she said his name, even the way she glared at a math problem when she can't figure out the answer drove him crazy. All he ever wanted was her. And now she was his. "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever made-out with, Sakura…," he whispered.
 
Syaoran sat up in bed, sweat covering his body. "It's that dream again," he muttered holding his head in his hands.
 
He had been having the same kind of dreams for the past few weeks. Each one was different, but they all involved her. It was like an intoxicating spell had been cast over him by her, but he'd never met her before. It was like she was the only answer to the thing missing in his life. The only answer.
 
Syaoran looked out the glass door to his balcony. He had to do something, or he'd be driven insane by these dreams. The problem was, that he didn't know how to find her.
 
Li Syaoran is a college student choosing to attend a lesser-known college just for the sake of it. He never wanted the fame his family inherited. He always had money at his disposal, hence the suite, and could get whatever he wanted. But there was always something missing in his life. Sorta like a pothole in his road that was his heart that couldn't be filled. And it seemed like she was the only answer.
 
But where to start searching for her? He could hire an artist to attempt to capture her beauty, but what good would posters be in a country this huge? Sure, "If you are this girl (arrow pointing at the painting) call this number." Who would respond to something crazy like that? If she did see it, then why would she call a crazy person?!
 
Well, if it was in his stars to meet her, then God would put it that way, right?
 
Syaoran laid back to rest, trying to reassure himself that this was the case.
 
*****
 
"He should be getting up annnnyyyy second now," the girl perched in a tree commented to the song birds. Wait, I shouldn't say girl, rather I should say angel.
 
Yes, Kinomoto Sakura was just another one of the hundreds of angels floating about the world. Her petite figure radiated with a golden light, as she sat waiting for her charge. She currently had her wings hidden, so as not to disturb her winged friends.
 
She was one of God's favorites, as she was one of the most innocent of angels. Her jade eyes sparkled, her auburn her shined in the light of the sun, and she had a singing voice that rivaled that of the nightingale, but she wasn't one to brag.
 
"Oh, there he is, right on schedule," she muttered as he exited the building. She glided down with invisible wings with her white sundress billowing around her until she was hovering next to him. Too bad he didn't know she was there.
 
'He looks rather pale today,' she thought. 'Maybe he didn't get well rested.'
 
But she wouldn't know what sleep was like, since angels don't sleep. They only need to be in the sun for a few hours and they are all ready for the day ahead. Usually while her charge slept, she watched him, but last night she had been entertaining a litter of kittens that lived in a box in a nearby alley that she hoped to find homes for soon. Though, she did enjoy watching him sleep.
 
'It's funny though,' Sakura thought. 'How animals are so open to the things around them that they can see us angels, but most humans can't. Only young ones that haven't had their minds changed by modern society can see us. Unless if we choose to have us seen.'
 
But that is only done in the most dire circumstances, and I wasn't a risk-taker, or at least, I didn't think I was.
 
'Oh, there's a child now!'
 
I could tell he saw me by the way he was staring. After all, it isn't any day that you see a person floating. For his benefit, I allowed my wings to show for a moment as I waved back at him. In return, he waved back.
 
"Who are you waving to?" his mother asked.
 
"The girl next to him, okaa-san." He pointed at me.
 
"What girl, honey?"
 
But I was used to this by now. I had only been watching over my charge, called 'Syaoran' by his peers, for two weeks now and I was still new to earth. But it doesn't take long to feel alone when hardly anyone can see you. But at least the kittens keep me company.
 
I still didn't know why God chose him as my charge though. He never seemed to be in any danger and for a human, he seemed to "have it all" as they would say. Money, an education, and looks seemed to be the most important things to people now and he possessed all these qualities. But he was her job, her first job as a new fledgling angel.
 
They had finally reached his university, where for the next few hours, he would be sitting in a classroom learning. Her charge took his seat and waited for the professor to arrive while other students filled in. This class seemed the most "boring", a word she learned in her stay on earth. Many students dozed off as the professor lectured on the importance of discovering alternative fuels and usually Syaoran was very attentive, but even his eyes drooped.
 
I knelt before his desk and watched his eyes to make sure he stayed awake. After a good twenty minutes, when they didn't reopen, I took my chance to make a part of me visible.
 
Angels can do things like this; make a piece of them visible for moments like this, when it is in the best interest of their human. I thought that this might be important, but I still wasn't a very great judge of things such as this, so I made my top half visible. It was a good thing he always sat near the back, so no one might notice my activities.
 
I bent down near his ear and cupped my mouth so that he may hear me, and said, "Syaoran-kun, wake up…"
 
I didn't know my method would be so effective, because in the next moment his head shot up and looked in the direction of my voice. I was so surprised that he must have saw me for a second, after all, I was still visible, but he must have thought I was merely an illusion because in the next moment he rubbed his eyes and looked back to where I had been, but I was already gone.
 
I fled that room the moment he rubbed his eyes, I was so unnerved. He could have seen me!
 
I roamed the halls for a little while and something caught my eyes as I wandered by a door. Through the glass window in the door, I could see two people "kissing" in an empty classroom. Kissing was another word I had learned in my time on earth. Supposedly, when two humans love each other enough, they will get the feeling they want to do this and it is a form of showing the other how they feel.
 
'I wonder what it would be like to kiss someone…' I could not help thinking. I scolded myself a moment later, 'No, I must not think that way, but keep my mind on a way to help Syaoran in his time of need. However, now that I think of it, Syaoran doesn't have anyone he gets the feeling to kiss. Maybe that is how I am supposed to help him, find someone to love him. He does seem lonely…'
 
A bell interrupted my thoughts as students quickly filled the halls.
 
'Oh no! I have to get back to Syaoran! Who knows what he could be up to!'
 
I sprouted my wings and flew above the crowd, dodging the rather tall humans and various projectiles thrown. I found my way to the courtyard where Syaoran usually takes a break and found him sitting under a tree with a "book" open in his lap (Another word I learned. It is another tool humans communicate and learn. I also see some people read these for fun, so they could also be a means of enjoyment).
 
I hid my wings, walked over to where he was, and sat next to him. My spiritual connection always seems to attract animals, so the moment I sat down, birds landed around me and resumed their chatting. Syaoran doesn't seem surprised by this anymore as in the two weeks I've been with him they always flock here. In fact, he took out a bag from his backpack and spread some crumbly substance down on the ground for the birds to eat and whatever he did spread sure looked pretty good to eat. The birds seemed to agree too.
 
I got an idea then. I liked talking to animals and they seemed to like to listen, but I had never done it in front of a human before. Since none of them really can see me, let alone hear me, wouldn't it be okay?
 
So I did talk to the birds, "My wind spirit friends (they like it when I give them a classy title like that), this is my charge, he is called Syaoran."
 
The birds looked up from their pecking to listen, "I was assigned to him by our creator to help him in his time of need, but he doesn't seem to be 'needing' anything. Do you have any ideas, my friend?"
 
A female looked up, "Does he have enough seed to eat?"
 
I remembered that birds would answer with things that associate to what they know, in the case of food, seeds, "Yes, he does not have trouble getting an adequate amount of seeds."
 
A younger looking robin asked, "Does he have a suitable nest?"
 
"Yes, his nest is made of very nice materials and is situated in a very large tree."
 
A handsome male robin asked, "Does he have a mate?"
 
"A mate…" I thought about this. A mate would mean a "girlfriend" and "girlfriends" like to kiss, right? I had never seen him kiss anyone, so that would mean he does not have a mate, right? So he was missing a mate. I hoped I was adding this up correctly.
 
Syaoran got up, slung his backpack on his shoulder, and headed off to his next class.
 
"Well, that is my cue to leave. Thank you for your help!"
 
The younger robin bobbed up and down, "Could you do some magic as thanks for us?"
 
He seemed so excited, how could I refuse, "I would be glad to."
 
I looked heavenward and lifted my hand above my head. The grey clouds parted above the school leaving only the sunny sky. "Was that good?" I was nervous, it was my first time using my magic on earth.
 
The robin only hopped up and down faster, "That was great! Thanks!"
 
I left, sprouting my wings again and went to find Syaoran. I knew where this class was after all the times I had gone there.
 
Syaoran was sitting in his seat, again in the back, and had finished getting his books out. I floated over to him and sat in the empty seat next to him, my usual spot. The teacher entered and was just starting his lesson when the door opened again and a student entered, a female student introduced as Doe Nintoda.
 
Her blond hair was pulled back in a sassy ponytail and her blue eyes sparkled in the fluorescent lighting. The professor pointed to her seat and she made her way to the desk, the one I was occupying. She winked at Syaoran as she passed and rudely sat on me.
 
I know that my being was only spiritual at the moment, but that was uncalled for, along with the flirtatious winking at Syaoran. I, for some reason unknown to me, was so furious I floated out of the classroom and waited until it was over.
 
When an eternity seemed to pass (since when did I become impatient anyway?), Syaoran left and I followed, still a little ticked at what happened. We were just leaving the building when she came running up to him.
 
"Hey, it's Syaoran, right? I'm Doe." She stuck out her hand for her to shake it.
 
"Yeah, it is."
 
I realized something as I took a look at her, did she purposely take off a shirt, leaving her in a tank top, just to get his attention? This, I had also learned, was another thing girls did around guys when they like to kiss them.
 
"Listen, I'm going to be blunt, I like you. A lot. So I was wondering if I could give you my number, you know so we could try it out. A relationship."
 
I really annoyed me how she would add another sentence to her first sentence and then emphasize it. Something about this girl just gave me bad vibes, and an angel's vibes should always be trusted.
 
"Um, sure," Syaoran answered, kind of uncertain if you ask me.
 
"Okay, so…" she pulled out a piece of paper from her bra and a pen from her back pocket and jotted down her number. She so totally planned this. "Here's my number and if you could give me a call, I know this amazing place we could go. Amazing. Okay?"
 
"Sure."
 
"Okay, bye. Don't forget to call me!" She trotted off, stopping only to blow him a kiss.
 
I was completely blown away. And MAD!
 
The whole way she carried herself just ticked me off! Maybe it was the fact that she was flirting with my charge, my Syaoran, but she just pushed my buttons!
 
"Well let's go!" I huffed, completely forgetting that he couldn't see me, much less here me. I stomped off and then stopped when I noticed he wasn't following.
 
And what was he doing? Dreaming off (no doubt about her!), and running a hand through his messy chocolate locks. Hair I just noticed, that I found totally "hot" (another word I learned by hearing it on the television in Syaoran's room. Some dumb blond lady had used it, but I think it fit this situation. And not in the temperature hot sense.).
 
'What is wrong with me! I can't find him hot! I'm an angel!'
 
Syaoran began walking off as I was mentally slapping myself. I snapped out of it and followed him back to his suite.
 
He mostly did homework as I watched and tried to follow along. That math is hard! After he was finished, he took a shower (I stay outside while he does this), and pulled something out of his jeans pocket (I also happened to notice he came out topless, a sight that is nice to the eyes). It was that girl's phone number! I had totally thought he would put it in the trash right then, but no he picked up the phone and called her!
 
"SYAORAN-KUN, NO!"
 
But he didn't hear me, so I decided to listen in.
 
"Hello?" the girl answered.
 
"Yeah, it's Li."
 
"Syaoran-kun! I'm sooooooooo happy you called. Really happy. Did you want to set up that date?"
 
"Uh, yeah…" he was staring at the slip of paper in his hand.
 
"That's great! Really great. Would it be okay if we went with a bunch of my friends? We could go to this awesome place and have a couple drinks. It's really awesome."
 
"Sure…"
 
"Okay, would tomorrow night be okay at seven? That's a Saturday."
 
"Yeah, sounds good."
 
"Great! Really great! We can meet at the Dancing Dove on seventh, okay? That's on Seventh. I'll see you then, Syaoran-kun…" she said seductively, or at least tried to. And where does she even get permission to refer to him by his name, huh?!
 
"Yeah, bye."
 
Syaoran hung up but I was already stomping around the apartment. 'How could he do this? Did he not feel my angelic waves or something emitting "NO"! GAAAAHHHHH!'
 
I flew out the window and someplace far away, this beach cliffs to vent out my frustration. Something was just not right about Doe Nintoda. Every one of my senses just oozed of bad vibes from her. As much as it grieved me to do so, I would have to follow Syaoran on his date and watch over him.
 
It was just so frustrating!
 
*****
 
Syaoran lay in his bed thinking over today's events and what was to come.
 
The thing that stuck out the most was waking up in his Applied Modern Science class. He wasn't even dreaming and he was sure it was her voice. And people in dreams don't generally say "wake up," or at least in the dreams he's had they don't.
 
And, he was sure he saw her next to him, but when he rubbed his eyes she was gone.
 
'Maybe, I really am just being driven crazy.'
 
The word "crazy" also reminded him of the date he set up. 'What was I thinking anyway? When was I ever into blonds?' He suddenly remembered why he did it in the first place. In the the friends she brought, maybe she would be one of them.
 
Now he it was like he was trying to whack the piñata with a bat, but he was facing the wrong way and walking away. He was getting desperate just to find her. But to make life even normal again, to fill that hole.
 
Syaoran closed his eyes with only thoughts of her left in his mind.
 
 
*****
 
I snuck up on the figure sitting on the swing and covered their eyes with my hands. "Guess who?" I whispered in their ear.
 
"I know it's you Syaoran-kun," she smiled as I came to face her. She let go of the chains and placed one behind my neck and the other on my cheek as she guided my face to hers. We shared a quick, sweet kiss before she stopped.
 
"After all, it was you who called me here."
 
"So I did," I answered and walked behind her. She squealed as I began to push her.
 
"Not too high!"
 
I caught her, "Never," I whispered in her ear. I could feel the shivers of excitement run through her nerves.
 
I pushed her for a few moments, soaking in her joyful expression and the smiles she would sneak me before I stopped.
 
She took this as her time to stop. She turned toward me, a worried look on her face, "Syaoran-kun?"
 
The wind tugging on her sundress and hair, the sunset in the background, and her beautiful jade eyes all tug on my heartstrings. The moment was just too perfect. I hugged her, my chin resting on the top of her head and hers resting on my chest, each enjoying the feeling of being near one another.
 
I gathered up my courage and finally whispered in her ear, "Sakura, I think that it is time that we take this relationship to the next level."
 
She stiffened and looked up at me, a blush on her face, "Syaoran-kun, you know how I feel about that. I want to wait till my wedding night."
 
"I know, that, I meant in a different way…You know that I love you right?"
 
She sat back down on the swing, not even thinking about what she was going to say and she gave me that look, "I know, and I love you too." That's the look. The one when she says she loves me. Her eyes get gentle and she smiles so sweetly up at me that it makes me melt. And I want to be the only one to ever get that look.
 
"That's why I'm going to do this," I pulled a blue velvet box from my pocket. I have had it with me always, waiting for the perfect moment to present it to her. And this was it.
 
She gasped as I got down on one knee in front of her and presented her the ring I had saved up for months to buy. It was five small diamonds cut and shaped like a cherry blossom on a gold band with the words "My Little Cherry Blossom" engraved inside.
 
Tears welled up in her eyes as I asked, "Sakura, will you marry me?"
 
She nodded before the tears would fall, "Yes, yes I will marry you Syaoran!"
 
I slipped on the ring and we embraced in a hug.
 
"I love you, Sakura,"
 
"I love you, Syaoran…"
 
 
*****
 
"He's been asleep for a while," Whisper the dove commented.
 
"He was pretty restless last night." Was all I said in response. I love my doves, but I was still a little unhappy over last night's events. That would make anyone short in the morning.
 
"What if I pecked at the window?" the handsome Lightning suggested. His eyes glittered dangerously as he though over this idea.
 
"That's okay," I said thoughtfully. "I'm going to try something else."
 
Lightning groaned but was interested. All the doves watched intently as she commanded the wind to blow into his room. Then she cued her doves to sing as the wind carried it in.
 
It took a few minutes, but he was up, making coffee. Gentle isn't always time efficient but it sure is appreciated.
 
Sakura thanked them before joining Syaoran at the table. She watched him sip his coffee as he watched the news on the television. Suddenly a headline caught his attention:
 
"Another death occurred last night when the victim, Hoiyo Tatsumi, fell off the sea cliffs here at Tokyo Bay. Police suspect it was another suicide seeing as they have no evidence that points to murder. Not even one witness could be called on to help with this decision. The mayor has now decided to erect a guard gate to be place along the edge of the cliff for safety. Construction should be complete within these following weeks."
 
"That's not too far from here," Syaoran muttered to no one in particular.
 
Syaoran finished his breakfast and grabbed his wallet as he headed out the door. I followed him, hot on his tail as he took the cable car to the Tokyo Library, the largest library within an 80 square mile radius. I had never been here before, but from what it looked like, it was full of those "books".
 
Syaoran headed up to research and I left him there, wanting to explore myself. Floor after floor was filled with books and more, like "cds" and "videos". It was too much to just float around and watch others enjoy it all. I had to explore.
 
I initiated my plan in the woman's restroom by entering an empty stall and came out looking like any normal human. I wasn't even floating, which was different for me. Dressed in my white sundress, flip-flops, and sunglasses, my hair in pigtails, I thought I looked like a fashionable human.
 
I started in the music section, which was nearest to the restrooms, and tried on one of the headphones. I hummed along to Michelle Branch's "Everywhere" and then to "You Set Me Free" before I got the urge to move on.
 
Next was the video section. I had never seen a "movie" before and they weren't giving out free demos like in the music section but browsing through the titles made me realize how amazing the human genius was. Who knew there could be so many genres of anything? Plus, it kinda made me wish I could be a human, then I could watch all of these videos. And I could be with Syaoran instead of Doe. But, I was too amazed right now to smack myself for such thoughts.
 
Last was the books section. The library was composed mostly of these, so I saved the best for last. I browsed through many of the sections and even read a pamphlet on the different kinds of books and the genres of them! There were soooooooo many! But, you know what one appealed to me the most? Romance.
 
I guess there is something about mortal love that appeals to me, and soon, I found myself in the romance section. Oh, the possibilities! I'll just browse through a few of them and relocate Syaoran…
 
 
*****
 
Syaoran was getting tired of reading about alternative fuels. After an hour, it just gets annoying. Even if it was homework to research a bit on the topic so they could hold a debate in his Applied Modern Science class, he was sure he studied it enough to even give the American EPA a run for their money.
 
Syaoran was just putting his stack of books back when something caught his eye. A pair of jade eyes in the other side of the bookshelf was scanning the bindings for a catchy title. But it wasn't just the eyes that caught his attention, it was also the honey-colored hair, the sundress, and that melodic voice that made him sure. So sure that it had to be her.
 
He dumped the remaining books he carried on a table and followed her as she continued on her way. She went through section after section, picking up books, replacing them, and humming the entire time until she finally settled on the romance section. He kept on watching her, waiting for the opportune moment to approach her.
 
At one point, she stopped reading the first few pages of a novel and looked around. 'Maybe she knows that I'm watching her,' Syaoran thought.
 
She had a peculiar look on her face until she finally saw him. She instantly paled and shoved the book on the shelf as she hustled out of there.
 
'No, I can't let her get away!'
 
He chased after her and found he was faster, in no time he would catch her. She rounded a corner and he followed her, always keeping her in sight. They were near the entrance now. She barreled through the doors and he trailed her.
 
 
*****
 
I had known I was being watched, but I was having too much fun to care. That is, until I saw who was watching. Panic bubbled up inside me as I ran to find a place to turn invisible. I'd have to have a clear mind to do it, and I couldn't concentrate while I was running away! Besides, he was gaining on me faster than I would have thought possible.
 
'Ah, there it's the entrance!'
 
This was my chance! I blew the doors open by calling the wind for aid and I sharply turned, hiding behind a column shrouded in shadow. He must have seen me turn and did too, but did not see me behind the column.
 
My mind was finally clear enough and I returned to my normal, hidden self. I caught my breath and finally ventured a peak. The first thing I saw was a fist colliding with the marble column in frustration.
 
"Dammit!" Syaoran cursed. "How could I let her get away?!"
 
He calmed down and sat on the steps, his head between his legs. I knelt down next to him, concerned for his well-being.
 
I remembered a technique I had learned in school in Heaven. If you let your spiritual-self hug a human, they will be relaxed and calm down. It was something I had never tried before, but it was worth a shot.
 
I wrapped my arms around his torso and let my aura calm him. "Don't worry; everything will be all right, Syaoran-kun because I'm here. I'll find what's missing in your life."
 
Syaoran relaxed and straightened, feeling as if a great weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He got up and headed toward the road.
 
'Where is he going now?'
 
I followed as he took a maze of streets through the city. I had not really been here before; it was all so new to me! Signs lit up and moved, a lot like Syaoran's "television", lit up many stores. Some stores had glass windows presenting their wares like clothes, more books (none of them romance I noticed), and digital goods. But Syaoran didn't stop at any stores I noticed, to my dismay.
 
Instead, he stopped in front of the largest structure in all of Tokyo, the Tokyo Tower, or so the sign in front of it said. He entered the double doors and went into this box with doors that opened and closed by themselves. Inside, he pressed a button that said "O.D." and the doors closed and we went up.
 
"This thing is amazing!" I exclaimed. I noted that it said "Olsen" above all the buttons. 'Maybe this thing is called an "Olsen".'
 
In a moment, the doors opened again but it was a different room than the one we had just left. All the walls were made of windows and in the center of the room was a small café.
 
I ran up to a window, "WOW!!! Look, I can't even see the people and all the "cars" (a mode of transportation, though in my time with Syaoran, I had never been in one, but it seems like people also use them for recreational means) look like ants!"
 
I saw Syaoran head up to the café and I followed. Manning it was a tall guy (a little taller than Syaoran even) with black hair and dark eyes.
 
He was wiping a cup so clean that I'm sure, if I was visible, I could have seen my reflection in it. His eyes flicked from Syaoran to, possibly, me. "What can I get for you?"
 
Syaoran looked over the menu, "I guess I'll have a bubble tea."
 
The guy looked back to me, "Nothing for the lady?"
 
He must not have noticed my panicked expression and me using the "cut it out" motion.
 
Syaoran cocked his head quizzically, "Lady?"
 
The man caught himself, "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you had girlfriend with you, but it must have been the glare from all the windows."
 
But of course, there wasn't any glare from the windows because there was an shade over all the windows outside, but I still sighed in relief. I mouthed the words "Thank you" to him when he returned with Syaoran's tea.
 
But Syaoran wasn't giving up so easily, "What do you think she looked like? The lady you thought was with me."
 
The man hesitated, but answered, "I would say she had short, auburn hair, green eyes, wearing a white dress, and," he added, "I would say she is one to smile easily." He winked at me. I was a little worried though!
 
Syaoran thanked the man and sipped on his bubble tea as he looked out over the city of Tokyo. My excitement had died down over the view though so I just watched Syaoran.
 
'Does he know? I am sure that man saw me, after all he looked right at me and described me. Risky business. This is why only children and animals should see us; otherwise we will be given away like what just happened.'
 
I looked back at the man and he waved. I turned away and looked back at Syaoran. He finished his tea, thanked the man, and headed back into the Olsen. I turned and waved back at the man before I quickly joined Syaoran in the Olsen, just in a nick of time I might add.
 
We returned to his suite and he got ready for his "date". I tried not showing how ticked I was but I could not help it.
 
'Stupid Doe! Stupid, stupid, STUPID DOE!' I kept cursing over and over until Syaoran returned from his shower.
 
My breath caught in my throat, as I looked him over. A green polo and black pants was all it was, but it was enough to make my knees weak.
 
'How does he have this power over me? No one has ever affected me like this, not even the guy angels I went to school with in Heaven. Could it be I'm…?'
 
But I didn't get to finish that thought as Syaoran closed the door behind him. I scrambled to catch up but did and followed him as he went to the Dancing Dove.
 
He went in and quickly found her and sat next to her. She said she would bring some friends, but she didn't mention that many of them would be other guys, not to mention that they were hanging off of her. Sure, the guys had girlfriends, but it was obvious that they all wanted Doe. What bad taste.
 
Doe ordered the first round and I was surprised that they actually thought she was old enough to drink. I had seen on a television show that humans had to be a certain age to drink and the fact that they took her old enough for granted was suprising. Coulda fooled me!
 
The drinks arrived and everyone waited for Doe to make the toast. She gave a smile that could have fooled me, "To our youth and our health." She looked to Syaoran as she took the first sip and I got chills. Something was just not right here.
 
"Syaoran-kun, we should get out of here. Really, this is just sending all of my angel vibes all out of whack, let's go." I tugged on his sleave, or at least tried to, until I saw my hand go through him.
 
'Of course, I'm an angel. He can't see or hear me.'
 
I was powerless, I drained much of my powers from earlier and my will just wasn't strong enough to become visible. There was nothing I could do. I was defeated.
 
Syaoran finished off his first beer later than everyone else, it seemed that they were regulars here, and he grabbed his second.
 
"Syaoran-kun, come on, we have to go," I said in a desperate whisper. Tears were welling up in my eyes. What good was being an angel when I was powerless in his time of need. I was foolish letting myself use my powers when it wasn't required and this is my punishment. I had to watch Syaoran drink with the most vile people I had ever met.
 
They constantly made perverted jokes, belched, and Doe was the worst of them all. She even forgot mostly about Syaoran, who was just watching from the side, thank goodness, but this would not last for long.
 
Doe called for Round 3 when everyone, including Syaoran, had finished their second. I noticed that his eyes were getting a glassy look in them and he was even beginning to laugh at their jokes. Soon, he was even joining them.
 
It was all too much for me. I broke down crying. I must be the most pathetic angel that ever existed. If I couldn't even figure out what Syaoran was missing on my own, how could I stop this situation before it got worse?
 
"Everyone, I think it's time we went out for a drive. Let's go to our favorite place." Doe announced to the group.
 
The group cheered and headed out, Syaoran included. His judgment was too blurry for him to even realize what he was doing.
 
"Wait, no Syaoran-kun! Don't!" I flew behind him as they wobbled their way to their cars.
 
Doe turned to Syaoran, my Syaoran, when she saw he was following her and asked, "What? Don't you have a car?"
 
Syaoran shook his head, "No, I use the cable car if I need to get somewhere not in walking distance." He laughed. Oh. My. Gosh.
 
Doe snorted and started laughing too, "You are soooooooooo pathetic!" She pointed at him and continued to laugh. "Screw that, come in my guy's car with me."
 
My guy. My GUY! MY GUY!!! So she has a mate, yet she still invited Syaoran out on a date. She was even hanging off "her guy", who was quite muscular, in fact, if you ask me, only muscle. No brains in that shell, only muscle.
 
Syaoran nodded and hopped in the back as the others filled their own cars. I slid in next to him. Normally I would have been giddy to get a ride in a car, since it was my first time, but the circumstances were too dire now.
 
I made only my voice physical. It only took a small amount of my powers, but I was getting tired. "Syaoran-kun, listen to my voice of reason, get out of this car, NOW! Do you know how many people arrive in Heaven every year because they were driving drunk? Too many. And I know for a fact that "my guy" is drunk or at least his judgment is clouded. You have to get out of the car now!"
 
Syaoran was so drunk that he couldn't even quite process all of what I said. He looked over to where I was sitting (of course he couldn't see me though) but seemed to be running at 20% normal function speed. In fact, it appeared as though he hardly even registered that some ghostly voice was talking to him.
 
Doe turned around, "You say something, Syaoran?"
 
Syaoran. She called him by his name without even "kun" at them end.
 
"No…" For once he didn't even giggle at his own folly in his drunken state. He actually seemed serious. At least some gears were turning in that brain of his right now.
 
"My guy" put the car into drive and sped off spinning his tires. I don't really even have a life, like Syaoran does and I was fearful for myself! But most of all, I feared for Syaoran's.
 
Driving past the legal limit, our train of cars (three to be exact) sped along and finally came to a halt near the beach. Doe and company got out, suddenly becoming serious. Syaoran followed their lead as they walked a few feet to the cliff's edge, the same cliff I saw on the television this morning.
 
"Syaoran-kun, don't you recognize this place? You just saw this place on the news this morning!"
 
Syaoran looked in my direction, maybe starting to become aware of my presence, but I didn't care at the moment. Something just wasn't right about this situation!
 
The group walked to the edge of the cliff, somberly looking down. Syaoran took his place to the left of Doe, and I to the right of him. I wasn't about to let him get out of my sight.
 
"This is where that kid died last night," Doe commented. "What was his name?"
 
"Hoiyo Tatsumi." My Guy commented.
 
"Oh, that's right," Doe looked at Syaoran. "See Syaoran, we were the one that iced Hoiyo. He got in the way of our plans for robbing Komo Jewelry, so we just had Miki," she pointed at My Guy, "and Stouyo," she pointed to the other big man standing next to Miki, "toss him over the ledge."
 
My blood ran cold. They were murderers. And all for some stupid of rocks. Maybe this is what I was sent for. To stop some murderers.
 
She turned straight to Syaoran and everyone else watched him, "Syaoran, when I saw you in school yesterday, I saw some qualities that would make you a perfect addition to our ranks. You keep quiet, do good work, and you have no one. That is someone is the kind of person we need. I need. Now, will you join us, or not?" She held out her hand, "I personally would recommend joining. Now that we told you all about us, you could be dangerous alive. So, what is your decision?"
 
Syaoran looked from his hand to hers. Even if he had too much to drink, I could tell that even he understand the circumstances of his actions. Live to be a con artist, or die chivalrous.
 
I held my breath, waiting for his answer. Either way, I had to do something. Otherwise, I could never face God again out of shame. We both were caught in a trap, and both rapidly losing ourselves to it.
 
Syaoran looked Doe in the eye, "I could never live with myself if I agreed to such an offer, because you are wrong on something about me."
 
Doe frowned, "Oh? And what is that?"
 
"I do have someone," I held my breath as I listened to his words. Why did I feel like I was happy when the situation was so dire?
 
Syaoran continued, "And even though I have never met her, I would rather die never knowing her than meeting her only to be rejected because I am not even a decent human being anymore. I refuse your offer, even if it is the death of me!"
 
Doe's pretty face turned into a snarl, "Fine! Die then! Miki, Stouyo, throw him off the cliff when I leave. Murder is such messy business." She turned on her heals, her cronies following.
 
'What can I do?' I thought. 'If Syaoran cannot even fight off these giants, what chance do I have? But I have to do something! I care about Syaoran too much to see him die like this!!!
 
Miki and Stouyo advanced on him, but Syaoran wasn't about to give up without a fight. Even if it was be fruitless, Syaoran kicked and punched his pursuers. But their combined girth was overpowering. They both lifted the struggling Syaoran just enough to push him over the edge.
 
"SYAORAN!!!"
 
I flew after him, going faster than I had ever in my entire life. Tears blurred my eyes from the wind, but none of that mattered as long as Syaoran was in danger.
 
I don't know how to explain what happened next but all of a sudden, I felt like a hidden power exploded inside of me, shrouding me with enough strength to become fully visible and catch Syaoran by the hand.
 
He looked up at me, so surprised, with those amazing amber eyes that it just makes your heart melt, "It's you…the angel of my dreams."
 
"I guess so," was all I could say because I was an angel, I mean that was as plain as day, but the whole dreams part was beyond me.
 
Thankfully, since I fly 95% of the time, I was strong enough to get us back up top. When we came up there, the goonies were long gone, I was glad for that too.
 
I set Syaoran down first because I was still holding on to him by the hand and then I landed myself. The whole time, he wouldn't take his eyes off me, and I knew that his drunken state had ended when the whole proposal thing came up with Doe, so it wasn't because of that. I hid my wings because I thought they might be just a little intimidating, not that two huge guys aren't but I thought he probably had enough drama for one night, maybe even a whole week.
 
"Who are you?"
 
I smiled, "I'm Sakura, I am what you would call an angel. I was assigned by Our Lord to watch over you two weeks ago."
 
"You mean you have seen everything I have done for the past two weeks?"
 
I blushed, "Well, not EVERYTHING, I do have the decency to give you your privacy, but your classes and everywhere else you went I would follow you."
 
"Oh," he too was blushing from when I emphasized 'everything', "But you didn't do anything while I was sleeping, like go into my mind?"
 
I laughed. Well, more like "cracked up" (means hysterical laughter) because of what he was insinuating. "No, I can't go into your mind, nor control your actions; otherwise I would have just put Doe right in her place from the start!"
 
"I'm sorry about what happened tonight."
 
"Huh?"
 
"Well, it must have been frustrating. I must have done everything wrong I possibly could have gotten wrong and you would suffer the consequences, most likely anyway."
 
It felt made me smile that he cared. "You didn't do everything wrong, Syaoran-kun. You turned down their offer…and I'm not to sad about the results either." I added sheepishly. I was happy that he finally met me, and not in a weird situation either, like at the library.
 
"But could I ask one more favor of you?" Syaoran asked.
 
"What?"
 
"Could I kiss you?"
 
I gasped. He wanted to do the exact thing I had been thinking about only yesterday. My cheeks probably could not have turned any redder.
 
"Yes," I whispered with my head hanging down.
 
I heard some shuffling and then felt his hands on my shoulders.
 
"Sakura," I looked up into his amazing eyes, the ones that make my knees weak, and his face closed the remaining gap.
 
I found out then that I loved this "kissing" thing. So much that I kissed him back and put one hand behind his neck and the other tangled in his hair. It was a good thing that he was holding onto me too, otherwise I would have been the one falling off the cliff!
 
When we finished, he was the one that looked sheepish, "Thank you." His cheeks must have been as red as mine.
 
When we finally came to, I realized how stranded we were.
 
"I could go find a cab for us," I volunteered.
 
"No," he held onto my arm, "Now that I've found you, I don't want you leaving my sight."
 
Needless to say, this made me feel golden inside. So instead, we flew home, using my wings of course. He held onto my hand the whole time and at first, he was scared (but he wouldn't admit that) but once he got used to it, it looked like he thoroughly enjoyed it.
 
We made it back to his suite and he said he was "dog tired". So I let him go to bed, but not before he invited me to sleep in the bed while he took the couch. He is so chivalrous!!! But I had to explain to him that angels don't sleep.
 
I assured him that I could find something else to occupy myself with until he got up. And I told him that he might not be able to see me in the morning but not to worry because I will be with him, just invisible (I also explained that it takes energy to stay like this and he understood).
 
 
*****
 
 
Syaoran approached the figure standing there, watching the view on the cliffside, "Sakura?"
 
The person turned with a smile on her face as the wind tousled her hair and dress. The sunset splaying in the distance gave her a golden radiance. She ran up to him and embraced him in a hug.
 
Syaoran closed his eyes, "I've finally found you, my angel."
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
 
Well, watcha think? If you like it, you MUST review. If you want more, you MUST review. I spent most of my weekend trying to get well from a cold and therefore spent it entirely on my laptop. My parents were even starting to get worried when I wouldn't even come out of my room to eat dinner because I was finishing up the ending! I can't remember what else I was going to write here so I'll end it before I get carried away. Here's some stats:
 
# of pages on Word: 22
Hours spent typing: too many
Hoped amount of reviews: at least 15
 
Love,
EmyBlossom