Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of My Dreams ❯ Getting to Know You ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angel of My Dreams
 
By EmyBlossom
 
Rated T for violence and sexual themes
 
Summary: He was always missing something in his life. But he didn't know that something came with a halo and wings. S/S
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Sakura or Syaoran, they are owned by the lovely ladies of CLAMP. But this story concept is mine and so is Doe Nintoda (unfortunately, she would annoy me in real life!).
 
A/N: I loved the support I received from my one-shot that I decided to continue the story. I also noticed this. One-shots do not get much respect. While I got quite a bit of support for the story's continuation, I did not get very many readers. I hope to see this change for the better now that this is continued. Thanks for those who gave this story (and this writer) a chance.
 
Chapter 2: Getting To Know You
 
"Her angel's face,/ As the great eye of heaven shined bright,/ And made a sunshine in the shady place."
 
-Edmund Spenser
 
 
I smiled at him, "You really want to?"
 
He nodded, "I do."
 
I bounced up and down from excitement. I actually had become quite used to walking, since Syaoran preferred it, especially since I have been accompanying him to places actually visible.
 
"Let me just get changed real quick!" I ran into the bathroom and closed the door. Twirling around, my attire completely changed. I checked my hair underneath my "hat" (I found out these are a fashion statement, so today I thought I would try one out) and ran back out.
 
Syaoran looked surprised as I twirled in front of him. "Wow," he commented. He came up to me and tapped my new fashion statement. "I like your hat." He looked down at me with those amazing eyes, penetrating me to my very soul, or at least it felt that way. I blushed a light pink.
 
He hadn't kissed me since that first night he found out about me, just a week ago. Maybe he just didn't want to pressure me, especially since I still wasn't even sure about relationships between angels and humans, but we still acted like good friends, not that anybody else knew about me except him.
 
I don't know why he didn't introduce me to meet his friends though. Maybe it would be a little awkward, "Hey, here's my guardian angel, Sakura. Be nice to her guys," he would say. I guess that is somewhat strange.
 
Even so, I still can't sometimes shake the feeling that he is still hiding something from me, and I'm his angel, so I should know these things. But, who am I to complain? He planned something today for us to do special since it was his day off, something secret. I just hope he has fun too.
 
I looked unsure, "You like it? All of it?" I looked down at my dress. I didn't look like those girls on the picture box commercials, usually in something that I would call scandalous, and my dresses weren't exactly "sexy" (I think this word is connected to mate and hot, that word I learned from that brainless girl on the picture box). Still, I did want him to like it, after all he would be with me, and I didn't want him to be embarrassed.
 
He tipped my chin up and looked at me again with those eyes, the ones that make my knees weak, "I love it."
 
I smiled. It was nice to be reassured, especially since I thought up this outfit for this special day. My hat was close fitting to my head (I hear these were popular in the twenties) and was white with a pink and yellow flower adorning it. My dress was another white sundress except this one had some pink and yellow decorative stitching around the hems. My sandals were white and high heeled, but I knew I would be feeling that later. I was even carrying a purse, another new fashion statement that I had tried out once before to see if Syaoran liked it and he assured me he did.
 
"Are you ready?" he jingled his keys.
 
"Yes!"
 
We left and headed for the cable car.
 
"Where are we going?"
 
He smiled, a smile I had never seen before. Maybe it was because of that glimmer in his eyes. "You'll see, it's a secret."
 
I put my hands on my hips and huffed. I knew he liked it when I gave him this look. He told me yesterday that it made me look like a little kid that couldn't have their candy. I told him that I had never had candy before though, so I didn't know what he meant exactly. Perhaps this had something to do with the day he planned for us.
 
He smiled, and perhaps, even giggled. It was muffled so I couldn't exactly tell though.
 
I looked out the window and saw us passing by the Tokyo Tower. Syaoran noticed what I was looking at and explained, "That's Tokyo Tower. It is 333 meters high, was built over thirty years ago, and attracts more than 330,000 tourists every year. Were you with me when I went up in there?"
 
I met his gaze, "Yes, the man in the café saw me."
 
Syaoran seemed to think about this and was quiet the rest of the way. The cable car suddenly came to a halt and Syaoran announced this as our stop. The magic doors opened and we stepped out onto the platform.
 
"Syaoran-kun, haven't we been here before?"
 
He turned to me, "Have we? I didn't notice." I said it in a way that almost made me completely believe him. But the fact that he just seemed to blow it off so easily made me a little suspicious, but just a little. He was acting just a little too cool.
 
"Hoe?" He continued on down the platform so I had to run to catch up to him. Unfortunately, I forgot I was such a klutz.
 
"Aaaaiiieeee!" I collided with something soft, not the hard concrete I expected. "Huh?" I opened my eyes. Syaoran was looking down on me with a worried frown on his face. He had caught me with his arm.
 
"Are you okay?"
 
I nodded with a reassuring smile. So maybe he acted cool, but he still cared.
 
He helped me to my feet and I brushed myself off, not that I really had gotten dirty. "I'm sorry, Syaoran-kun," I apologized, "I guess I still need to get used to walking."
 
He held onto my hand, "Don't worry, I'll be there to help you."
 
I smiled. Syaoran was just so nice!
 
"Shall we go?"
 
"Yes, lets!"
 
We continued on down until we stopped in front of a place I definitely knew I recognized, the library. A smile lit up my face. The last time I had been here, Syaoran still hadn't been sure I existed, so I ended up being chased out by him as he tried to catch me (though he claims he was just taking it easy on me!).
 
He looked kind of sheepish, "I thought since last time your visit was interrupted," he gave a meaningful cough, "that I could make it up to you."
 
I gave him a hug, wrapping my arms around his neck since he had a good five inches on me. He seemed kind of surprised, but hugged me back in the end. I looked up at him (my face had been pressed against his chest before), "Thank you so much Syaoran-kun!"
 
He looked sheepish again, "It's no problem."
 
Nearby a flash went off, "Oh, look! Young love!" An old lady exclaimed to her friend, another old woman who nodded along.
 
I let go right then, all embarrassed, "Oh, we're not…Uh…That is…Um…" I looked up to Syaoran for back up.
 
He looked at the old women and said, "We're just friends."
 
They seemed disappointed and they walked past us, but as the one that had exclaimed earlier passed me, she whispered, "You get him, girl!" And she gave me a wink.
 
"Hoe?" I stared back at the old woman as she faded into the distance.
 
"Ready?"
 
"Yes!"
 
We headed up the all-too-familiar stairs and in through the double doors. It's grandeur still astounded me.
 
"Sakura,"
 
"Huh," I brought my attention to Syaoran. "What is it?"
 
I need to get a little research done, so is it all right that I leave you to explore this place alone?"
 
"Yes, I'll be fine."
 
He pointed up to the third floor, "I'll be up there if you need me, okay?"
 
I nodded with a smile, "Got it."
 
He started walking away when he turned back around, "Are you sure you'll be fine?"
 
"Yes, yes! You don't have to worry about me!"
 
He hesitated but continued on, "Okay,"
 
What was he so worried about anyway? It was just the library. Besides, I had been here before.
 
I found my way back to the romance section and browsed through their collection. I had picked up a few books, but was wondering how people were able to read these all in one sitting. It would be better if they could borrow them and could read when they had a spare moment.
 
'Oh, well, best time is to start now!'
 
I found a comfy chair and sat in it as I started reading. I was getting into this book, Princess Nevermore, when I felt a tap on the shoulder. I looked up not to find Syaoran, who I had been expecting, but a different guy, one that I did recognize though.
 
He was in Syaoran's Applied Modern Science class and had worked with him on a few projects, not that they were friends or anything, he just asked Syaoran to be his partner first.
 
He smiled down at me with a wolfish grin, "Hey, what's your name."
 
"S-Sakura." I answered timidly. I did not like talking to him. I got bad waves from him.
 
"Sakura-chan, huh? Cute name for such a cute girl." He laughed at his own joke. "My name's Jinko Mao, but you can call me Jin. So I was wondering, Sakura-chan, if I could get your number."
 
"Uh…" A shadow fell over me. I looked back and saw Syaoran, frowning at Jin. I stood up next to him.
 
"Oh, hey Li-kun. I was just asking Sakura-chan here out…"
 
"She's with me," Syaoran said with a bone-chilling tone. He wrapped an arm around my waist and I looked up at him, but he kept his eyes on the other man.
 
"Oohh. I'm so sorry. I didn't know." He held up his hands defensively. But he did not end it there, he should have if he knew what was good for him. No, he went on, "But, you know, you shouldn't just let her wander alone. You never know what could happen to her…" and with that he ran off.
 
I could tell Syaoran was furious. His other hand was balled into a fist, white-knuckled and his eyes were closed in mad contemplation. He was about to take a step forward, when Jin mentioned that last bit, but stopped when he remembered I was there.
 
"Syaoran-kun?" I stepped from his hold on my waist and stood in front of him, placing a hand on his shoulder. His eyes flew open at my touch.
 
"Are you okay?" I asked him. I didn't want him angry at me. "I didn't do anything wrong, did I?" I still did not know much of the world, I could have done something completely taboo and not have known it.
 
He closed his eyes for a moment, grimacing, then went through a complete transformation and was fine again. "I'm fine, are you okay? He didn't hurt you did he?"
 
I shook my head, "No, but I didn't do anything wrong, right?"
 
"No, that is just something guys do. You did nothing wrong, I should have kept a better eye on you." He looked over at the abandon book I left on the table, "Is that yours?" He picked it up.
 
"Yes, I was trying to finish it before we left, but I'm still a slow reader. I don't know how people finish books before the day is over!"
 
"Huh?"
 
"Well, don't you have to read the books here?" I asked, embarrassed.
 
"No, you can check them out so you can take it home and read it."
 
"Really?! They would let me do that?!"
 
"Yeah," he said. "You can check it out on your own card if you would like."
 
"I don't have a card."
 
"Then we can get you one."
 
He led me to the front desk where a woman with glasses was sitting behind the counter. He asked for a library card form and she handed it to him with a smile.
 
"Alright," he led me to a table and began helping me fill it out. "Name, Sakura…" he paused, "What's your last name?"
 
I blinked for a moment, "Last name? I don't have one!" I said with a laugh.
 
He looked puzzled, "I guess we'll have to give you one." He thought for a moment then brightened. "Your name is Sakura and that is a flower that blooms on trees here on earth. I could give you the name Kinomoto, and with the right kanji, means 'one of wood'."
 
"Wow! That's perfect!" I said with a smile. "You are so smart, Syaoran-kun."
 
He turned away for a moment then faced the paper in front of him again. I wonder what was wrong. "Alright, birthday. What's your birthday?"
 
"Hmm…" I thought a bit. Earth years was a bit different than Heavenly years, so it was a little tricky to find out exactly when I would have been born on earth. "Let's see, I would have been born in 1953."
 
He looked shocked, "19-1953!"
 
"Well time on earth passes three times faster than that in heaven." He was making me feel old.
 
"So that would be, eighteen years in heaven."
 
"Yes!"
 
"Okay, so what about the day?"
 
"Um…There aren't really seasons in heaven, so I don't know what day I was born."
 
He thought for a moment, "Then, I guess I will have to give you one of my favorite days of the year for your birthday."
 
My eyes widened, "What day is that?" I was kind of shocked that he would give me one of his favorite days as my birthday.
 
"April first, it's when the sakura trees are starting to bloom."
 
I thought about this for a moment.
 
"Alright, now about your address and phone number, I'll just put it as mine." He scribbled a few more things down and handed me the paper. "Just bring that back to the same lady who gave it to us and she will give you your card."
 
I did as he instructed and she indeed did give me my very own library card. It almost felt that this was my first step in being a human. I checked out Princess Nevermore and we left.
 
"That was fun, thanks Syaoran-kun!"
 
He nodded, "But the fun isn't over yet."
 
I cocked my head, "It isn't?"
 
"Nope,"
 
He ran ahead holding my hand, leading me to a different part of town. Past shops and buildings, we were heading nonstop to our destination, wherever that was. We finally halted in front of a restaurant with a red awning and gold characters printed on it. He seemed excited as he ushered me inside the dimly lit room.
 
A man behind a podium brought us to a table and Syaoran even pulled out my chair for me. Menus were set on the table and Syaoran picked one up and started browsing at the selections. I removed my hat and then I stared dumbly at the menu, wondering what to do. I had never been in a restaurant before, never even eaten before.
 
I picked up the menu, trying to look natural, but having no clue on what to do. A waiter came to get our orders but I was still looking mindlessly over the selctions. He set a metal teapot down along with two cups.
 
He looked at Syaoran first, who took control right away, "I would like the dim sum please."
 
The waiter jotted down his order then looked to me, "And for you miss?"
 
"Uh, I'm not having anything."
 
"Oh?" the waiter seemed taken aback.
 
Syaoran anwered for me, "She'll have the chow mein."
 
He jotted that down the order, bowed, and left.
 
I whispered, "But Syaoran, I've never eaten before…"
 
"I know, that's exactly why I took you to my favorite restaurant." He shot back with a smirk. I merely blinked like a deer caught in headlights.
 
The server returned with a teapot and two cups. He left with a bow as Syaoran took the duty of pouring himself. The steam curled in the air as it filled the cup to the brim. Syaoran paused before handing her the cup, "Do you want sugar or milk?"
 
I hesitated, "Um, I don't know…"
 
Syaoran decided to just let me try it first and then I could add it later. I took a sip and was surprised. 'So this is what tea tastes like.' I knew that tea was a very popular beverage, so now I had finally found what all the fuss was about. It is wonderful!
 
"So," Syaoran leant forward a little, "Tell me about yourself."
 
I was a little nervous. We had never had a conversation like this before. He had never questioned me before on the subject of me. I knew more about him then he knew about me, mostly because I spent most of my time invisible. The only reason I could handle today was due to the fact that I reserved my powers and I was planning on taking it easy later (I would be exhausted!). The only problem was, I didn't know what the side-effects would be later.
 
But I digress, I also hoped he liked me. What if he didn't like his own guardian angel's personality? He might not even want me anymore if he didn't like me. He would only have to say he didn't want me anymore and I would be sent back to heaven. I would have to go back to Heaven as a rejected and shamed angel, and on my first attempt at that!
 
"Well, I am what you would call a fledgling angel. This means that I am fresh out of school and I am now making my way into the world. Three weeks ago was my first day on earth. All the rest is history from then on." I shrugged for emphasis.
 
But Syaoran wasn't about to give up, "What is heaven like? Do you have any friends there? Did you have a boyfriend back home?"
 
I was a little more than surprised by his last question but I answered them all. "Heaven is the best place ever! Every area of heaven is different, from forests, to oceans, and so on. God made it that way so that everyone could find a place they loved. Personally, my favorite place is in a valley blanketed in flowers of every color. And as for your other questions, yes, I have many friends in heaven. There's my best friend Tomoyo, and Chiharu, Naoko, Yamazaki, and Rika. We all were in the same graduating year. I also have an older brother, but he is…away. As for your last question, no, I didn't have a boyfriend in heaven."
 
The waiter came back right at that moment with steaming plates of food. He placed each one in front of us and asked if there was anything else we wanted. Syaoran and the waiter had a short conversation that I didn't catch because I was staring at the food. Steam swirled above our plates in patterns that seemed like they were dancing (Syaoran's plate of food and mine) with each other.
 
That reminded me, I had never gone dancing before. In heaven, there were no dances held and the opportunity had not arisen yet on earth. 'Well, before I go back to heaven, I will have to go dancing,' I promised myself. A thought provoked my mind as I imagined Syaoran and I dancing together. I felt all warm inside just thinking about it!
I took a better look at my food. Noodles, that's what Syaoran ordered for me. I hoped I would like them, being my first taste of food!
 
I picked up the chopsticks and tried to use them as I had seen Syaoran do many times before, but I was clumsy and dropped the top one. I tried again but my fingers moved stubbornly as I manipulated them to pick up even one noodle. I glared at my stupid, clumsy fingers the whole time.
 
I faintly heard Syaoran chuckle at my antics. This was no laughing matter! I then heard his chair scrape across the carpet and his muffled footsteps reach my chair. He leaned behind me and cupped his hand over mine as he molded them into the right shape, the right shape for a beginner anyway.
 
He explained that this is how children learn to hold chopsticks until they can maintain the right hold. Great, now I am not only looking like a freak, I am also a child.
 
He sat back down and I turned back to my food, but I could tell he was still watching me. I finally grasped a few noodles, twirled them around a few times, and took a bite. Syaoran watched my happy expression as I gushed how delicious they were.
 
He got a thrill at seeing my excitement and shoved his plate forward so I could sample some of his dim sum. This too was delicious, but I told him that I preferred my noodles. He snorted, probably because he thought dim sum was superior to noodles, but I could see that he was satisfied.
 
I was suddenly reminded of something I wanted to ask earlier as I finished polishing off my noodles. I looked up at him and chose the right moment to pipe up, "Hey, Syaoran-kun."
 
"What?" He too looked up.
 
"Since I told you about myself, I think it is only fair that you should share a little bit about yourself." I tried to sound and look casual, but inside I was intent on his answer.
 
"What about? You've spent three weeks with me, what don't you know?" He continued to eat again but he was still listening.
 
"I've only watched your day-to-day activites, but I don't know anything really about your past or what you like. For example, what is your favorite color? When is your birthday? Where did you grow up? How many siblings do you have? What is your favorite flower? What is…" Syaoran had clamped a hand over my mouth before I could continue.
 
"Before I answer those, let's pay for this." He waved the bill in the air.
 
We both got up, payed for the meal, and left the restaurant. He was still silent as we weaved around town, when we finally hopped back on the cable car.
 
Sounding like an impatient child, I asked, "Syaoran, aren't you going to answer me?"
 
"Just wait," was all he said and I waited even longer.
 
And longer…
 
And even longer…
 
And even longer than that…
 
Until he stopped in front of a park.
 
*****
I ended up taking her to Tomoeda Park, also known as King Penguin Park, a place that was a favorite of mine but I had not visited it in a few months. It also happened to be the setting of a few dreams of mine.
 
I sat on a swing and motioned toward the vacant swing next to me. She hurried over and lightly swayed back and forth. I could tell she was still intent on me answering the questions. There was no avoiding it, not that I had anything to hide. I just didn't want her to be disappointed.
 
"Green."
 
"Huh?" She cocked her head to the side. She obviously didn't understand.
 
"My favorite color is green. My birthday is July 12. I grew up in Hong Kong, that's in China. I have four sisters. And my favorite flower is the peony."
 
She grinned, "Syaoran-kun has a good memory!"
 
"Yeah," I smiled at my feet, not at her.
 
I expected to her to say something, but she didn't. I glanced at her and she looked lost in her thoughts, a small smile playing on her lips. She used little nudges from her feet to sway back-and-forth, but otherwise, they did not leave the ground.
 
I stood up, "Hey, do you want me to push you?"
 
"Huh?"
 
"Like this," I stood behind her and gave her a small push.
 
She let out a little squeal but soon caught the hang of it. Gradually I pushed her higher and higher until I had to step back to prevent being hit by her. She continued to ask questions about my childhood and my family. I answered them, thinking too much at first, but relaxing as she shot off more. I told her how pesky my sisters were as kids, how my father died when I was eleven, and anything else that came to mind.
 
The time we spent there went unnoticed until we saw that the sun had long gone and stars were twinkling in the sky with the moon for company. She looked back and asked if she could talk about herself now. Eager to hear her talk, I stopped pushing and sat back down on the swing next to her.
 
She, like a pendulum, slowly came to a halt. She looked up at me with a twinkle in her eyes from the light of the moon and stars, but also something else. Was that fear, or perhaps nervousness?
 
She took a deep breath before beginning. She focused her eyes on the sky above and started talking.
 
"I love the moon…but I love the stars even more," She let out a nervous giggle. "You must think I'm weird to start talking like this, but I do have a point."
 
She trailed her eyes down to mine, "See, the stars have special meaning to angels. When God created the cosmos, there were no stars to speak of. I know it sounds strange, but the stars are made of the remains of angels' deeds when they die." She looked back at the sky, as if remembering something.
 
I let this bit of information sink in. But, I still had no idea what this had to do with anything.
 
"My onii-chan, he's up there," she said softly. She looked back at me and I noticed there were tears in her eyes. I wanted to go and hug her, take all her troubles away, but I knew she needed to finish.
 
"He," her voice cracked and she wiped her eyes then began again. "He was your original guardian angel, but he died protecting you."
 
My heart thundered in my chest. Her brother, died because of me, protecting me? How? When?
 
Then it all hit me like a bolt of lightning. It was a year ago, in Hong Kong. I had been on my way home after partying with some friends when a group of older guys approached me from an alley I was passing. At gunpoint, they asked for my wallet, my keys, everything of value.
 
I handed all they asked over, no fighting, no arguments, nothing. I just wanted to have that gun away from me. I even gave them my girlfriend's class ring that had been in my pocket. I could always buy her a new one anyway.
 
Everything went fine (well, as fine as it could be when you're being mugged), until a good Samaritan intervened. He looked like any normal citizen until he flashed his badge. Then all hell went lose.
 
The man holding the gun (a mugger) held me hostage by pointing the gun into my temple. The policeman tried to calm him down, but he feared prison too much. The policeman kept stepping forward, trying to urge the armed mugger that he was not capable of murder and that he should just give up. Unfortunately, fear of imprisonment was stronger than that of pulling the trigger.
 
Just when I thought I was as good as dead, out of the corner of my eye, a tall man stepped forward and grabbed the mugger's arm that was holding the gun. In a split second, the gun was fired, I was released, and the muggers escaped while the cop asked for backup over his radio.
 
The men who robbed me got away, I survived unscathed, and the man that saved my life's body was never found. It remained a mystery who had come to my rescue that day, if somebody even did. Some police figured the mugger got spooked, but I knew what I saw. After that, I didn't want to live in Hong Kong after I finished high school, so I moved to one of the smallest towns in Japan that had a university nearby.
 
My rescuer…was Sakura's brother? How was this even possible?
 
Sakura continued, "When I found out that I was to be your guardian angel, I was distraught, to say the least. 'How could God do this to me?' I thought at first. I didn't think it was fair or justified, but God's word is the law. I could not change that or my situation, no matter how I wanted to.
 
"So, I got to know you the longer I stayed on earth, and I came to realize why my brother sacrificed himself for you. Syaoran-kun…"
 
She wouldn't look at me, but instead chose to stare at her feet, but even so, I could tell that she was serious.
 
"I would sacrifice myself for you too," she whispered. It was so quiet I had to stain my ears to hear it. I noticed a pale pink tint on her cheeks.
 
"So," she stood up suddenly. "I will try my best to become as valiant and brave as him. I will make him proud."
 
She started to walk away and I stood up from the swing.
 
"Sakura."
 
She stopped walking away, but I could tell she was hesitant. I walked up behind her, gripped her shoulders and turned her toward me, but she still avoided looking at me.
 
In an instant, I pulled my arms around her and held her tight in a hug. She let out a gasp in surprise against my chest, but hugged me back too.
 
"I'm sure you have made him proud already with what you did just a few days ago. I know I am."
 
She was trembling in my hold, why, I don't know. She managed to contain herself after a few seconds and mumbled, "Thank you, Syaoran-kun."
 
I held her for a few more seconds before releasing her. She looked up at me with shining eyes before she took my hand and we walked home. My palm tingled with her touch, but I don't know if it was mutual.
 
Just as we made it in front of my apartment, she collapsed. I caught her, but almost not in time to save her head from hitting the wall. I shook her a few times and called to her, but she was out. I leaned her back against the wall, fumbled for my keys, and let us in.
 
I carried her over to the bed and laid her down. I removed her shoes, hat, and purse. It was then I realized that she needed a change of clothes.
 
I kept myself under control, kept my eyes closed, and changed her into some of my plaid green, cotton pajamas. When I finally was finished, I pulled the covers over her, and turned on the shower to cold water. Who knew seeing a girl in your own pajamas was such a turn-on?
 
The cold water soothed my nerves and calmed my senses. I came out to see she hadn't moved at all from when I had left her. Her chest moved with every deep breath and her hair was splayed on my pillow. For never having slept a night in her life, she sure caught on quick.
 
I flipped off the lights, walked over to the bed and laid my head down on the bed while sitting on the floor. I held her hand and rubbed my thumb across the back of her palm.
 
It's amazing how small her hand is compared to mine. Her palm fit easily into mine, but our fingers were the same length. While my hand was rough, covered in calluses from training in martial arts as a kid, hers were soft and white as if they had never seen a days' labor in their entire life.
 
I thought this as my eyes drooped and slowly I succumbed to the approaching darkness. What an amazing day, yet I was still worried about Sakura. Was this normal?
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Last time I wrote the first chapter to "Angel", I had a cold. Guess what? Same thing this time, except I was in the last stages of it, so all I really had was the occasional cough now and then to break the silence. What I REALLY hope is that this will not become a pattern. That would stink. Anyway, here's the stats:
 
# of pages on Word (chapter only): 15
# of pages on Word total: 37
Hours spent typing: too many
Hoped amount of reviews as a total: 10 (Is that too much to ask for?)
 
Love,
EmyBlossom