Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Because of You ❯ The Party ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Because of You
By: Shajira
 
 
***Author's Note: This is my first ever fic and I'd appreciate it if someone would bother reading and reviewing it. Please send me any of your thoughts, comments and everything…^__^
 
***Disclaimers: I do not own CCS nor the songs I used and going to use.
 
 
 
Summary:
With a simple song, she managed to capture the heart of the campus heartthrob. With a simple song, the nerdy geek finally admitted she is in love…
But can a simple song help Sakura and Syaoran to exchange “my life has changed” and “I feel no shame”? Well, they have to start first with “because of you”…
 
Characters:
Sakura Kinomoto, 19
Li Syaoran, 19
Tomoyo Daidouji
Eriol Hirigazawa
 
 
Chapter I: The Party; Beginning of everything
 
 
“Oh, Sakura! You're sooo beautiful!”
 
Sakura Kinomoto managed a lop-sided smile as she looked at the full-length mirror when she swung around. Her emerald eyes couldn't believe that it was her, really her, looking at her own reflection.
 
Her mid back -length auburn hair was held in a loose French twist with some strands on the loose adding more beautiful effect on her look. She was wearing a white flowing gown with haltered neckline and pink lace ribbon. There were embroidered cherry blossoms at the hemline of the dress matched with strappy sandals. The dress fitted her body perfectly and showed how attractive and sexy she really is. The pair of wings at her back is just an added bonus to her alluring looks.
 
Classy. Elegant. Simple.
 
“Is…is this really me?”
 
Tomoyo chuckled while holding her ever reliable video cam. “Silly, it's as if you haven't dressed anything like a normal and beautiful girl before.”
 
“Well, that's quite right. You can't consider my attire while at the café a normal worn by girls…I haven't dressed like this for the past years.”
 
Tomoyo sighed. She put her video cam down and took Sakura's hand letting her best friend face her. “How many times do I have to tell you how beautiful my best friend is? Look, Saku, tonight, I want you to show those people who you really are. I want you to show them what a wonderful person you are. Please, be yourself. And I mean it, your true self.”
 
“But Tomoyo…what if…what if Syaoran won't talk to me anymore once he knew that the cool and sensational singing princess he listens to at night is the nerdy resident geek of the campus? I couldn't bear to see disgust in his eyes…”
 
“If Syaoran truly likes you, or maybe loves you, he wouldn't care a single thing about your reputation at school. He would be proud to walk beside Sakura Kinomoto, the high school-princess-turned-geek-now-backed-to-cool-and-beautiful-campus-sensati on.”
 
“…”
 
Tomoyo gently hugged Sakura, careful not to damage anything. “Sakura, nothing is permanent in this world. It has been years…you should have forgotten the past and live the real you. You don't have to hide yourself and be someone you've always been only at night. There's nothing to be ashamed of. Pain and hardships are part of a person's life. Everyone experiences to get hurt, remember that. You are not alone.”
 
Sakura just looked at her best friend. Tomoyo has always been with her, never leaving her side. She was right. It's been five years when that happened. And by this time, she should have forgotten about Yukito. She is more mature now. She is no longer the super sensitive fourteen-year-old girl she was. For goodness' sake, she's already 19!
 
Then she looked at her ring finger. There's a white-gold band with a single emerald stone at the middle. It was given to her by Syaoran as a Christmas gift. There was an engraved 4ever under it. Until now, she hasn't figured out why he put such word in that ring. But one thing's for sure, it stands for a reason. A strong emotion…
 
She is now prepared to face another chapter of her love life. That was when Sakura finally smiled, a true Sakura smile. “Thanks, Tomoyo. You're right. This is me.”
 
Tomoyo returned her smile. “That's the spirit.”
 
“You look lovely in your dress. Are you sure you're not trying to impress someone…uhm…special?” she teased.
 
Now it's a grin spreading on Tomoyo's face despite the obvious blush. Her best friend definitely looks good as the modern-day Snow White. Tomoyo made a great change to the Disney Princess' dress making it a sleeveless with ruffles and cute ribbon on the chest line. She let down her violet hair in braids with ribbons on ends.
 
Cute, Sakura thought.
 
“Now, my dear Juliet, it's time for us to chase Romeo and my Prince Charming.”
 
Sakura obliged and together, the best friends left the room smiling.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Now, come on, you two. Off the car!” a dark haired Chinese girl dressed in ancient Chinese dress ordered as she stands outside the vehicle in the parking lot, hands on hips.
 
“Meiling, do we really need to—“
 
“Of course!” Meiling cut-off before a dark-blue haired boy could finish his question. “I would never lose a dare without a fight. And it will be the two of yours fault if I lose.”
 
“But that is not fair!” Syaoran exclaimed as he stepped out of the car.
 
Meiling raised a brow at her chocolate-haired cousin. “It's fair for me. And that is final.” Then she turned at the other boy, Eriol. “Any more question?”
 
Before Syaoran could raise his protest, Eriol patted his shoulder.”Syao, we would never win against that cousin of yours. Just let her,” he said matter-of- factly.
 
“Man, why did I ever agreed to this crazy idea!” Syoaran said hotly. But he knew Eriol's right. No one is in his right mind to contradict the mighty Meiling. “This night is going to be a total bore.”
 
“Stop complaining, you two,” called Meiling a few meters away from the two. She is leading the way toward the entrance of the hall. “The party is about to start. You'd better not dare escape.”
 
Eriol and Syaoran looked at each other, both wearing the same expression that can't be painted even by the greatest painter of all time. They just sighed in resignation.
 
 
 
 
“Here comes Meiling!”
 
“Where's Prince Charming?”
 
“Hi, guys,” Meiling greeted lazily. She was being surrounded by three fairies playing as cupids namely Chiharu, Naoko, and Rika as soon as she reached their table. The pre-Valentine party hasn't started yet.
 
“What happened to you?” asked Rika. “You look harassed.”
 
“Harassed? Is that all you could say?!”
 
The three girls backed away a little, sweat dropping. They weren't prepared by Meiling's outburst. Now, they weren't sure if she really meant to be Mulan for the night. She seemed more like a banshee.
 
“You don't know what troubles I went through just to drag Syaoran here. I even resulted to threatening him!”
 
Rika laughed. ”Chill, Meiling. Your effort will soon pay off.”
 
“So, is the main star already here?”
 
Chiharu rolled her eyes in reaction. “Knowing Tomoyo, I'm sure she's on for a night full of surprises. I bet she wants a grand entrance.”
 
“Hey, kindly give your attention to me for a moment! Where's Prince Charming?!” Naoko asked impatiently.
 
As if answering her question, a commotion over the entrance of the hall caught everybody's attention. Many are whispering and exclaiming admirations. Girls are starting to drool.
 
“Is that Eriol Hirigazawa?”
 
“Why is he wearing a prince's costume?”
 
True to Rika and Chiharu's words, Eriol Hirigizawa looks really charming as Prince Charming. His dark-blue hair complimented well with his white and red prince attire. He is one of the most popular guys in the campus. And right now, his fan girls surely increased thrice.
 
“I thought it's Syaoran who's gonna be the prince!” Naoko exclaimed. “What happened to the plan?”
 
 
Meiling just shrugged her shoulders. “I needed Eyeglass to persuade my cousin. And speaking of the little wolf, his character for tonight suits him well. Isn't he cute?”
 
“Woah! He looks just perfect!” Rika exclaimed again.
 
Li Syaoran handsomely stood beside his best friend. He is Mr. Knight in
Shining Armor who looks ready to engage in a catwalk. He is so dashingly gorgeous with his unruly chocolate brown hair and amber eyes. Any female specie would surely want him in her fantasies.
 
“Who is he portraying?” Chiharu asked to no one in particular.
 
Naoko answered the question. “He is the living Romeo Montague of William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. He sure did justice to the handsome girl fantasy. I wonder who would be his Juliet.”
 
“Must you still need to ask? Of course there's only one woman who has every right to be Juliet,” Chiharu said matter-of-factly.
 
“But look at all those swooning girls!” Naoko even pointed to them a group of girls led by Kikyo, the cheerleading captain. She was wearing an ultra sexy cheerleading costume along with her cronies. Kikyo is known to have an obsession with Syaoran. And knowing her, she might result to something nasty tonight.
 
“Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!! My Syaoran! He's here! Finally….”
 
“This is your chance Kikyo,” voiced one of her cronies. “Are you going to dance with him?”
 
“Of course! And I'm the only he's going to dance with. No one will have the chance to tear his attention away from me, understand? We'll dance the whole night!” After saying this, Kikyo produced an irritating laugh.
 
The girls sweatdropped. They never like Kikyo and her group.
 
“Chill, girls. We would never let those girls come near my cousin, right? Especially that Kikyo.”
 
“You bet!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I'm bored,” Eriol complained. He sipped his drink then looked at the night sky.
 
Syaoran did the same. He and Eriol are currently in the terrace balcony. They are both not used to party ambiances. And besides, it was really hard to avoid those girls who wanted to get their attention.
 
As he gazed at the magnificent night sky filled with glimmering stars and constellations, Syaoran's thoughts shifted to certain auburn haired girl. He would never forget how that girl's enticing emerald eyes mesmerized him…
 
 
~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~*** ~~~***~~
 
 
 
A/N:
 
Hope you guys enjoyed it! Please review!!!! I would love it if you guys appreciated my first fan fic….
 
Shajira ^__^