Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Because of You ❯ Wolf Meets Blossom ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter II : Wolf Meets Blossom
 
*** 3 months earlier ***
 
“What are we doing here?” Syaoran asked his friend, Eriol. It was a boring mid November night and he wasn't in a mood to locked himself up in his room and just stay at home. He called Eriol up and agreed to have a night out. And here they are, in front of a music warehouse.
 
“You're bored, right? Here's the answer, the Magical Haven.”
 
Syaoran looked up to the advertisement sign. It read:
 
Magical Haven Café
Experience a Magical Night of Music
 
“Music? Café?” he muttered. “It would only increase my boredom!”
 
“Come on, Syao. Let's just try this place. Besides, I need some peace of mind.”
 
That made Syaoran really looked at his friend. Eriol is not his usual enthusiastic and full of life self. He seems problematic.
 
“Any problem, man?” he asked Eriol concernedly as they enter the Magical Haven. They found a table at the far left side of the place.
 
“Don't mind me. I just want to think things over,” he replied simply.
 
“Things? What things?” Syaoran asked again; this time with a raise brow. Eriol seldom wear this kind of mood. He is not used to his friend being like this. And it's worrying him.
 
He hesitated first but then, he said,” Girls.”
 
It takes a while before Syaoran could digest his answer. He opened his mouth as if to speak but closed it on the last moment. He doesn't know how to react on this matter. He knew Eriol Who enjoys the company of women. But never in their entire years of friendship had Syaoran heard Eriol talk about problems on girls. Eriol just doesn't seem to fit the character.
 
“You're torturing yourself, Syao,” he heard Eriol saying. “I told you, don't mind me. If you want to help, just enjoy the night. I don't want to think of you being bored to death. That'll just add to the many things I'm thinking right now.”
 
With that bored look Eriol gave him, Syaoran knew that he shouldn't interfere. Eriol must solve and face his own problem. That is included in a boy's personal rule.
 
Syaoran shrugged his shoulders and faced a waiter. He placed their order and Syaoran patiently waited for the drinks to come. He roamed his eyes over the place and that was just then he realized that it wasn't that bad at all. The café is cozy, the ambiance is soothing. Each table held a fair distance from one another for the customer's privacy. That was good enough for him and Eriol.
And he thinks it's good enough for other people too. Especially to couples. Syaoran could tell, by the looks of many who are surrounding them, they are enjoying it. They seem to be in their own world. But for someone like him who doesn't have anyone to share the moment of privacy with, he feels so out of place.
Eriol is busy with his problem, couples are busy with each other, and he, Syaoran Li, is so affected and suffocated. True, he doesn't feel bored at all, but he was tensed! He doesn't know how to react with this kind of environment. And just then, he saw a couple kissing and some are so sweet. He felt his face went hot and when he turned to Eriol to keep his mind away from those sweet, mild sweet, and super sweet couples, he immediately backed away. Eriol seemed to…err… swallowed in his own misery. He has nothing to turn to. It's either face the envying and consciousness-causing sight or feel the dark and sickening aura of his friend.
 
He sighed. Now what?
Just then, he heard a sweet voice. It was coming from a violet-haired girl with microphone up on the make-shift stage. Syaoran knows her. Everyone knows her. Tomoyo Daidouji, heir to the Daidouji fortune and a brilliant designer and singer.
 
He saw Eriol jerked his head up. “So, she's here,” he heard him muttered. He then saw his friend smiled for the first time since they met a few hours ago. What is going on? “Is she going to sing?”
 
Syaoran couldn't answer him. He just stared at Eriol. Think things—girls in particular—over, eh?
 
“Good evening ladies and gents. Everyone enjoying the night?” Tomoyo asked in a cheerful voice. “Well, I hope so. And we are about to make it more special. Please welcome, our star of the night…Ying Fa!”
 
Syaoran noticed that this Ying Fa must be really popular…and good. Just the name made the couples came back to reality and broke way from the heating conversation. Everyone in the café is turning their attention in the stage with a round of applause.
 
Syaoran too looked at the stage. An auburn haired girl stepped in and my oh my, she is beautiful. She looked at the audience with her laughing emerald eyes. She looks sexy with her hot pink skirt and body hugging shirt.
 
Syaoran doesn't know beauty until now. So beautiful…
 
Ying Fa sat in a stool in the middle of the stage. She gave a beautiful smile as the music play on.
 
Watchin' every motion
In my foolish lover's game
On this endless ocean
Finally lovers know no shame
 
Syaoran didn't expect that she's this good—no, she is great! The way she sings reminds Syaoran of angels' melodic voice.
 
Turning and returning
To some secret place inside
Watchin' in slow motion
As you run around and say…
 
(My love) Take my breath away
(My love) Take my breath away….
 
Syaoran held his breath. Yes, she's taking my breath away… She touched his heart the way anyone never did. She has this magnetic force that made him want to be near her; to hug her as if someone would take her away; to kiss her to made her feel how sincere he is…and to tell her every comforting and sweet word he knew as if there's no tomorrow ….
 
Then, their eyes locked. Emerald meets amber.
 
Ying Fa tried to focus her attention to what she was doing. But it's sooo hard to keep her eyes away from that breathtakingly handsome chocolate brown haired guy. He's looking at her intently and she swore a color crept her face. She was used to all this staring and by this time of her career she doesn't blush anymore. But why oh why is she blushing madly?
 
(My love) Take my breath away
(My love) Take my breath away…
 
 
 
“Hey, I saw that,” said Tomoyo with a little giggle.
 
“Saw what?” Sakura shot back. They are now in the dressing room and Tomoyo is giggling like mad. It's as if something really great happened to her.
 
“Oh, c'mon, Saku. Back there, I saw you blushed like crazy when you and that hot Li Syaoran gazed at each other. You couldn't tear your eyes away from him, as was he. It's like you were taking each other's breath away,” she said dreamily, clutching her video cam to her chest. “Oh, I loved that scene! And the music suited it perfectly.”
 
“Tomoyo, you don't mean you…you…”
 
“What, Sakura?” she asked innocently. But Sakura couldn't be fooled. Her twinkling eyes said it all.
 
“You video taped it,” she managed to say, sweat dropping.
 
Tomoyo was about to say something when a PA entered with bunch of bouquets of flowers. Obviously, those are all for Sakura. She's a celebrity in her own right.
 
“Know what, Ying Fa? You could make a flower shop out of all these gifts from your admirers,” Tomoyo commented.
 
“Miss Tomoyo, this is for you,” the PA said as he gave a bouquet of Lilies to Tomoyo.
 
She received it with awe. Who would give flowers to her? “For me? Not for Ying Fa? Are you sure?”
 
The PA nodded. “I think there is a card. The deep blue haired guy just handed them to me and told me it was for you.” With that, he left the two, confused.
 
Sakura burst into laughter. “Wow, Tomoyo, you still have an admirer even if you're not in school.”
 
Tomoyo looked for the card and read it.
 
From England, with love.
 
Sakura read it too. But she just ended more puzzled. She was expecting to see confusion in Tomoyo, but no. She was smiling like crazy. If possible, her eyes are twinkling more than usual. “He's here,” she softly muttered to her self.
 
“Tomoyo…?” Sakura called.
 
“He's here!” she shrieked excitedly. With that, Tomoyo left her best friend clueless. What was that all about? Sakura made a quick glance at the flowers, and then as she heads for the exit, the door burst opened. Her eyes grew wide when she realized who it was. “Y-yukito…”
 
“Sakura! I'm glad you haven't left yet,” the silver haired guy said. He handed her some flowers and gave her a brotherly hug. This was Yukito Tsukishiro, the guy she loved almost five years ago…and the guy who left and hurt her. “I'm not expecting to see you in this kind of place.”
 
“Me too. What are you doing here?” she asked casually although deep inside she was trembling. She looked at Yukito. God, he really is real. Standing before her is her brother's best friend and her first love.
 
“Just taking Nakuru to some romantic place. By the way, I loved that song, Especially for You, I guess the title is. It helped me win a quick yes out of Nakuru for my proposal,” he said beaming. Contentment and happiness radiating from him.
 
“Nakuru?”
“Yeah, my girlfriend. You should meet her.”
 
Ouch.
 
“And tonight she agreed to marry me.”
 
Double ouch.
 
“And it was all because of you. Thank you, Sakura. You just made me a happy man.”
 
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. OUCH!
 
“I'm glad. C-congratulations,” she managed to say with a smile.
 
He smiled even more. “Thank you…I see, you haven't changed. You still love to wear those kinds of dress.”
 
As she heard him say that, the past came rushing to her.
 
 
“Know what, Yukito?” a fourteen-year old Sakura asked as she clung to Yukito's arm. He is her brother Touya's best friend. And since she met him, she has this stupid crush on him and considered him as her first love when she reached the age of thirteen. Since people, boys in particular, noticed her beauty and alluring looks, she began to have suitors. But she never entertained them because for her there is only one man for her. And now that she's fourteen, she finally found the courage to tell him that. She was dressed in her favorite pink tube sundress. “I want to have a boyfriend. And I want you—“
 
“What?! But Sakura, you're still too young. Touya thinks so, too.”
 
She smiled at him. He is concern! But she must continue. “Yeah, but I'm sure Touya will understand if you will—“
 
“No.”
 
“No?”
 
“No. I won't cover up for anyone. If someone's going to be your boyfriend, I'm sure he doesn't really love you. With just one look at your suitors, I know they only like you because of your looks.”
 
“But no one in my suitors—“
 
“Same as with other guys I haven't met yet. Sakura, you are beautiful. You are sexy. And I advise you not to flaunt it too much.”
 
“What?!”
 
He took a deep breath before continuing. “It is not advisable for someone as young as you to dress like a grown up and sexily. It's not a good sight. To tell you frankly, as I observe much, men won't love you for what you are but for what you look like. And I kinda believed on that. Because I don't like my woman to be so…so daring.”
 
 
Sakura was hurt almost five years ago when Yukito said that. And she found that insulting even if he doesn't mean to offend. It's crystal clear that he wouldn't like someone like her, what more to love?
 
So after a few weeks of thinking, she exchanged her skirts and body-hugging tops for baggy jeans and out-of-fashioned shirts. She also tried to wear thick eyeglasses to hide her beautiful emerald eyes. And that was how she became a geek. Everybody at school hated her for being anti social and obvious irritation to good-looking and popular jackasses.
 
But after a few years, she kinda missed her skirts and tops. With the help of her friends who stayed loyal to her, she managed to transform her self to the way she used to be. But she only permitted her fantasy of returning back during at night. She wouldn't stand the shame. Everybody knows she was a geek, a nerd, an outcast. What would those jackasses say? That she wants to flirt with them? And how about those annoying girls who look at her as if she was a shame to the female race? They would laugh at her for being trying hard and ambitious!
 
And who knows, her secret heart ache might link. That would be a talk of the town.
 
“So, Sakura, I must be going now. Nakuru's waiting for me.”
 
“Oh, yeah. Congratulations again.”
 
He gave her his final smile. “You earned two more fans, Ying Fa.”
 
After Yukito left, she found her self in the parking lot; tears flowing down her cheeks. She's already done with crying. She thought all of her tears were drained after all those years of suffering. But her she is, crying once again.
 
“Ying Fa…”
 
~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~*** ~~~***~~
 
A/N:
(sigh…) I wasn't really good. I just hope someone would like to continue reading this---If someone has already ready this.
Ha ha. What am I thinking? It's as if it's the end of Sakura and Syaoran's relationship! For those guys who are reading, I want to say sorry if there were any mistakes. You see, I'm just an avid Filipino fan…
Yay! Here I go again. Basta, all I have to say is thank you in advance (for reading it) and I'll try improving my writing…
 
Shajira ^__^