Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Because of You ❯ Mr. Not-just-cute-but-also-hot Guy ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter III : Mr. Not-just-cute-but-hot Guy
 
 
“Ying Fa…”
 
Sakura jerked her head up; with her blurry and teary eyes, it was hard to recognize that deep baritone voice.
 
“Are you okay?” asked the voice worriedly.
 
Sakura quickly wiped her tears away. She doesn't want anyone to see her crying. And it was not good that it was a he who saw her in her depressing moment. She gets up but suddenly she felt her knees become wobbly. She has anticipated to fall but instead she felt strong arms caught her.
 
“I guess that answers my question. You're no at all right and I suggest you sit down.”
 
Syaoran watched her as she obediently sits and gets some support from him. Man, it felt right taking care of her. He couldn't help himself to put his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. She hesitated first but later on obliged. He stroked her back and in a matter of seconds she started to cry again.
 
Why do I care so much?
 
Just a few minutes ago, he was one of the many who cheered for her but of course, in his own secret way. When some of the men started to gather outside her private room to give flowers and compliments for a wonderful night, it took him too much self control not to join them. It's not because he wanted to keep his cool reputation, hell he didn't even think what others would say. He just can't go there because he doesn't have anything to give her.
 
But with his lucky star shining on him, he saw her in the dark spot of the parking lot. He was looking for Eriol when he caught a glimpse of her sitting alone, her shoulders shaking. In some other instances…and other girls, he would have just left and ignore other's own business. But Ying Fa is different.
 
As he quietly watched her silent crying, his heart unconsciously went to her. He wanted to comfort her…to hug and hold her close…he wanted to wipe all those tears away and promise her no more pains…
 
Whoever hurt her should pay. He is so heartless, he mentally exclaimed.
 
He couldn't refrain himself anymore. He just couldn't stand there and watched her suffer. Without thinking twice, he came near her and offered his arms.
 
And now, here he is; cuddling the girl he so wanted to protect. “Sshh…Ying Fa, it's okay…I'm here…”
 
After what seemed like eternity in the stranger's arms, Sakura slowly looked up to him. There are still traces of tears on her face and he gently wiped those away.
 
Sakura doesn't know how to react. That simple contact sent shivers down her spine and an unfamiliar warmth in her heart. Being with him, it felt like nothing would go wrong. She felt comfortable with him…and safe and protected…
 
“Uhm…I wet your shirt…” she shyly mumbled, hands still on his chest.
 
The stranger chuckled softly and Sakura managed to smile. She looked at him and emerald locked with amber. They just sat there, gazing and embracing.
 
The man comforting her is very familiar. Sakura could vividly remember those captivating amber eyes, chocolate brown hair, lean body even though she only saw it from afar, and oh my, that soo handsome mysterious face. He's soo damn good looking.
 
Syaoran also stared at the beauty before him. He had been dying to look at her in close distance. And now, he finally had the chance to wander freely his eyes on her soft smooth skin, angelic face, enchanting emerald…he stroked her beautiful silky auburn hair…In spite of her crying a while ago, she still looks gorgeous and the loveliest being he had ever seen.
 
It felt like time has stop for them.
 
“Uhm…” she mumbled, breaking the magical moment.
 
“Yes?”
 
“What - who…uhm…y-your name…”
 
Sakura's heart melted when he smiled. I could die now, she thought to her self.
 
“It's Li Syaoran, my dear Ying Fa.”
 
“You know me?...Oh, it's so embarrassing!”
 
Then it struck her. She now remembered him! He is the guy she kept a close eye at…uhm, her whole attention…And remembering what Tomoyo said, “Hot Li Syaoran.”
 
“Don't worry, I'm not a tell tale. I won't tell anyone you cry like water falls and sniff so loudly…”
 
She smiled despite herself. Yeah, he's hot.
 
“Feeling better now?” he asked, full of concern while helping her to get up.
 
“Much better. Thank you.”
 
“You're always welcome.”
 
Silence engulfed them. No one knew what to say or how to react.
 
“Err…Friends?”
 
Sakura looked at his hand, then to his face. Uncertainty is written all over his face. And he looks soo cute. She took his hand put her sweetest smile. “Friends.”
 
Oh, please. I take it back. I don't wanna die now…there are still more cute things I haven't seen about him…
 
 
 
 
The next day, Sakura woke up with a sweet smile playing on her lips. Last night was totally great!
 
***last night***
 
After that crying moment, Syaoran offered her to have a walk. They ended up in the park where they found a great place to star gaze. He knew so much about many things and she was impressed. They talked about trivial things; from serious ones down to senseless talks. He was so much fun to be with.
 
“What?! It's nearing midnight already?!”
 
Sakura laughed at the expression on Syaoran's face. She got up from her squatting position and called on him. “Get up, lazy head. You need to take me back to the café.”
 
“Why not at your house?” Syaoran asked as they started their way back to the café.
 
“Tomoyo's waiting for me. And she must be worried now. And besides, my brother will eat you alive.”
 
“So, the lady's concern, eh?” he teased her. His eyes are glinting with happiness.
 
Sakura pouted. “I just don't want Touya to have something he couldn't digest. A stomachache could really make him meaner.”
 
“Why you---“he said, trying to grab her but Sakura is fast enough to dodge his attack.
 
“Catch me to the café, Syaoran!” she yelled as she jogged laughing.
 
***present***
 
They were like kids last night. Especially when he caught her just beside his car and tickled her all the way.
 
“Oh, Syaoran…” Sakura dreamily sighed. Then she looked at her clock—“Oh no! I'm gonna be late!”
 
She quickly put on her baggy clothes and fixed her hair in a bun. She reached for her thick eyeglasses and checked herself in the mirror. Perfect pretension.
 
 
 
 
“Hey, Sakura, who was that guy Tomoyo has been telling us?” Chiharu asked teasingly. They are currently in the cafeteria for their lunch break.
 
She looked at her friends. Chiharu, Naoko, Rika, Meiling and Tomoyo: all but her are beautiful and popular. They never left her side despite negative comments coming from the student population. They never felt ashamed of her being their friend. They didn't care about how she looks. Of course, they knew about her secret heartache but she knew that even if she's really a geek they'd still end up being friends.
 
“What guy?” she shot back, faking innocence.
 
Meiling rolled her eyes. “I knew we would be sorry for not showing up last night! But hey, we still want to hear something about cute guys!”
 
“He's not just cute, he's hot!” Naoko exclaimed. Everybody looked at her. “That was what Tomoyo said,” she added shyly.
 
“So, is he really cute and HOT?” Rika asked.
 
“He's…he's…” Sakura sighed. It was so hard to describe such a handsome and wonderful man.
 
“Come on, Saku, drop the bomb!” Tomoyo encouraged excitedly.
 
“Can't you just show them the VIDEO?”
 
“What?! You video taped him?!” Meiling roared.
 
“Oops, yeah…how can I forget that?”
 
Sakura just shook her head as her friends plunge at Tomoyo's video cam. Obviously, they wanted to know and have a look at this HOT guy who caught her attention. Well, she doubts it if it's only her attention the hot wolf stole.
 
And speaking of the devil, her mind wanders off last night's event…
 
 
“Ying Fa, wait…”
 
Once again, Sakura found herself close face to face with Syaoran. They were outside his car, his hands on the door handle.
 
“Yes?”
 
“After your performance, many of the men gave you flowers. While me, I didn't had the chance to give you even a single one. And I feel so ashamed---“
 
“Hey, hey, hey! You don't have to give me flowers. And besides, I've had enough for my flower shop.”
 
“You owned a flower shop?”
 
Sakura laughed good naturedly at his expression. “Silly, I was just kidding. Honestly, you don't really have to. You've already made my night special and that was more than enough.”
 
He then flashed her a grin. “But I want to. Expect on that. And don't dare try protesting or else I'll kiss you.”
 
Knowing he's not serious, Sakura still blushed. Syaoran has something that makes her feel comfortable then conscious. Yet she doesn't want to name the reason of her heart beating overtime. She's scared.
 
“Thank you, Syaoran. I'll never forget this night.”
 
“Me, too, Ying Fa. Me, too.” He said. Then he planted a kiss on her cheek that made her blush more. “I'll never forget this night.”
 
Then the reaction from Meiling cut the stream of thought.
 
“What?! He is Mr. Not-just-cute-but-hot guy?!”