Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Because of You ❯ Constantly ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter IV : Constanly
 
 
“What?! He's Mr. Not-just-cute-but-also-hot Guy?!”
 
“Why, Meiling? What's the matter? Girls?”
 
“You sure have great taste,” said Naoko, “but…”
 
“Uh-huh?”
 
“Saku, that's Li Syaoran we're talking about. He's the campus heartthrob, have you forgotten about that?”
 
Sakura just stared at Rika. She was having a hard time digesting her words. Her other friends are also staring at her. They knew she keeps her distance away from pops. They also knew she hated jackasses but…Syaoran is not a jackass…isn't he?
 
 
 
 
“Come on, man. Hurry up!”
 
“Syao, slow down. You're more excited than me,” Eriol commented, suppressing a laugh. But a smile still found its way. He was happy that his best friend, Li Syaoran, is happy. But tonight, man, he sure looked like a kid overexcited with a toy.
 
“Oh, come on. Her set must have started minutes ago!”
 
“Syaoran, if I remember it right, we are just five minutes late -“ Eriol sighed. There he goes. Look at what love at first sight could do to his friend. Eriol just shook his friend and followed Syaoran.
 
Man, where is she?
 
Syaoran impatiently roamed his eyes throughout the place. There's not a single trace of her. Even up the stage, a different performer is performing.
 
“Hey, Syao, just chill.”
 
“Man, I couldn't find her! Do you think something happened to her?” he asked softly. Oh, God. I hope not.
 
When their drinks arrived, Eriol turned to the waiter. “Excuse me, but where is Ying Fa? Isn't she going to sing tonight?”
 
“We're very sorry for the inconvenience, sir. Ying Fa's schedule is only every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday evenings.”
 
Eriol smirked at Syaoran as soon as the waiter left. His friend, on the other hand, scowled at him. “What?”
 
Eriol just laughed. “You're too worried about her. Come on, Syao. It's not like she's been kidnapped—“
 
“I'm leaving.”
 
“Hey! But I thought we're going to stay here and listened to your Ying Fa?” Eriol teased in a sing song voice.
 
“Shut up! Tomoyo's here, so you stay. Find your own way Hirigazawa!”
 
Syaoran still has that brooding mood when he stepped out of the café. The Friday night sky is beautiful and very ideal for a walk…just like last night.
 
“I wish Ying Fa's here.”
 
“Sure! Your wish is my command.”
 
Syaoran jumped from shock, his face pink from blushing. In front of him is his dream, a smiling Ying Fa.
 
“Hi, Syao! What's up?” she said, grinning. Sakura is so happy that Syaoran is also thinking about her. She doesn't care about the fact that he's the campus heartthrob. So what? She's still Ying Fa for him, not geeky Sakura Kinomoto.
 
“Uhm…ah…”
 
Sakura let out a giggle and playfully slap his arm. “Oh, Syaoran, you're sooo cute!”
 
Syaoran was thankful that they are outside and the light from the lamp posts couldn't reach them. He was able to hide from her the visible blush. Great, now I'm red as a tomato!
 
“So, would you like to step inside? Yue is singing and he's great.
 
“Uhm, Ying Fa…would you like to go out with me tonight?” Syaoran quickly muttered.
 
“Huh?” He's asking me out? Am I dreaming?! Sakura just stared at him, half-expectant.
 
“I was just wondering…well, since you're not singing…if you want to spend the night with me some---“
 
“Oh, I'd love to!”
 
Oh my god! He really asked me out!
 
 
 
 
 
 
The two ended up in an amusement park. They ate, rode, and laughed. It was so much fun. They enjoyed riding many rides and watching spectacular mini shows.
 
After riding the Ferris wheel, they made a stop in front of a booth. There were many stuff toys to be won. Syaoran glanced at Ying Fa and he saw that her eyes were glued to a particular stuff animal.
 
“Come on.”
 
“Where?”
 
He held her hand and took her to the booth. There were a few trying the game.
 
“Would you like to try and have something for your girlfriend?”
 
“But I'm not—“
 
“Sure,” Syaoran quickly answered and took five balls from the smiling man. Three out of the five balls must be successfully placed in the holes.
 
“Cheer for me?” he said, smirking.
 
Sakura returned it with a grin. “Go, Syaoran!”
 
Syaoran made it. Four out of five. He was even trying to score the fifth one if he didn't see that Ying Fa suddenly quieted. The only stuff animal that got her attention was taken away by a little girl.
 
“Here,” he said comfortingly as he handed her a large dark teddy bear. He gave her a small smile.
 
“Thanks, Syao. You're the best!” Sakura told him as she hugged the stuff toy. At least, with that, Syaoran managed to make her smile but he knew that she would be happier if she had the one she really liked.
 
“Hey, just stay here, okay? I'll go get some drinks.”
 
`Okay, Syao.”
 
A few minutes past and Syaoran returned with two cans of softdrinks and a paper bag. “Shall we go, now?”
 
“We'd better to or else Tomoyo would be worried. I didn't tell her I'm with you,” she said with a giggle as they found their way into his car.
 
“And you are glad you didn't tell her?” he asked, an amused smile playing on his lips.
 
Sakura rolled her eyes. “I'm sure she wanted some privacy with her summer romance.”
 
“Summer romance, huh?”
 
“Last summer break, Tomoyo went to England and she met this guy. She's been talking about him non-stop and now entered a mysterious bouquet of flowers. I'm so sure that came from him but Miss Daidouji won't tell me his identity!”
 
Syaoran laughed and kept his attention to the road. He just loved her every time she pouts. A few minutes of driving and they're back at the parking lot.
 
“Syao, thanks again. It was fun. And I looove this teddy!”
 
He chuckled. “Anytime.”
 
“Will you come again tomorrow?”
 
Syaoran turned serious. He seemed to think about this. “I'm kinda busy. We'll see—“
 
“Oh, please, please, please! I assure you, Saturday night would be great…Pleassse?!”
 
Syaoran playfully pinched the tip of her nose as chuckles. “Of course. Anything for my dear Ying Fa.”
 
She smiled.
 
He smiled.
 
 
 
 
“Hey! That's cute. It looks great on you, Saku,” rika complimented when she saw Sakura on her new dress.
 
Sakura looked at herself in the dresser mirror. She's wearing a pink off-shouldered top that reached just above her belly matched with white three-fourths pants and pink sandals. Her hair was let out loosely and curled at the end. Tiny flowers also adorned it. Of course, it was courtesy of Tomoyo Daidouji.
 
“Oh, oh, oh Sakura! That's my latest of the Pink Collection and I knew it would looked great on you,” exclaimed starry-eyed Tomoyo as she held her video cam. “I can't wait to make a new one for you to model!”
 
The rest of the girls in the dressing room sweat dropped. The first one to recover was Chiharu. She caught every one's attention when she squealed “CUTE!”
 
“Oh, look at the teddy,” Naoko seconded as she dashed to the couch. “I want to cuddle it.”
 
“Hey, who was it from?” Chiharu asked teasingly as she pinched the teddy's body.
 
“Girls, you're lucky Wolf is not complaining at your pinches! “ Sakura said with a giggle. She took the teddy from them and cuddle it her self.
 
“Wolf?” Rika asked, raising a brow. “Its name is Wolf?
 
“Sakura, it's a bear, not a wolf, “Naoko stated matter-of-factly.
 
Before anyone could react, Meiling cut in as she stepped inside from the door and dashed through the room. She was panting.
 
“what happened, Meiling?” Tomoyo asked.
“My cousin is here! Syaoran is looking for you, Sakura!”
 
Every body fell silent.
 
“We thought you'd stop seeing him again?”
 
“Well, Chi…”
 
“Well?”
 
Sakura took a deep breath. “I can't stop thinking about him. He's constantly on my mind. And I…I think I'm falling for him.”
 
“You what?!”
 
 
 
 
 
And now were back together, together
I wanna show you my heart is oh so true
And all the love I have is
Especially for you…
 
 
Sakur happily bowed and thanked the audience as they clap for her. She left the make-shift stage for her five-minute break. Instead of going to her expectant friends, she made her way to Syaoran's table.
 
“You came! You actually came!”
 
Syaoran chuckled as he handed her a bouquet of flowers. “Of course. How could I miss your performance.”
 
She was touched. “Oh, you're really the best. And now you gave me your promised flowers, but really, Syao, you don't have to. But anyways, thanks.”
 
“Who said that's what I'm talking about the other night?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
Instead of answering, Syaoran just put a paper bag, one identical to that he was carrying last night, on the table and pushed it towards her. “What's this?”
 
“You wouldn't know if you're not gonna take that.”
 
“I'm not gonna take this if you're not gonna tell me what this is.”
 
“I don't know but I know you're gonna love me for that.” He opened the bag for her and brought that thing near her face. He was grinning from ear to ear.
 
“Oh my God!” she shrieked as she quickly grabbed his gift for her. It was the yellow stuff animal that got her attention last night. She was so fascinated with its cute wings and ears. But unfortunately, a kid got it before she ever had the opportunity. She has this feeling that Syaoran followed the kid when he was supposed to buy their drinks and maybe persuaded the child to give to him for her. She was really touched. “I do love you!”
 
Because of so much happiness, she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek but the kiss landed on the corner of his lips. He stared at her like he was seeing her for the first time. She winked at him before standing up. Her time is up.
 
“Good evening every one. Here I am again, singing songs of love for you. But this particular song is heartly dedicated for someone special…who gave me this cute stuff animal,” Sakura said as she showed every one the one Syaoran gave her. “Thank you, Syao. I'll take good care of Kero.”
 
From the table he was in, Syaoran smiled at Ying Fa.
 
 
 
I knew it was there
Though I tried to hide it
But the feeling just kept on shining through
Haven't known you that long
So I try to deny it
But the feeling was much too
Much too strong
 
Could this be love
Deep down inside
Tearing me apart
I feel it in my heart
 
CHORUS
Constantly, you're on my mind
Thinking about you all the time
I can't sleep no matter what I do
I just keep on thinking `bout you
 
 
 
Why do I feel this way
When I know you have someone
That you're seeing each and everyday
Should I play this game
Of just being your friend
When I know it's not where
I want it to end
 
How could this be wrong
When the feeling's so strong
Tearing me apart
I feel it in my heart
 
 
Constantly, you're on my mind
Thinking about you all the time
I can't sleep no matter what what I do
I just keep on thinking `bout you
 
 
You're on my mind
Keep on thinking about your love
I can't sleep
I just keep on thinking `bout you
 
 
Constantly, you're on my mind
Thinking about you all the time
I can't sleep no matter what what I do
I just keep on thinking `bout you…