Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Because of You ❯ fallin' ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter V: Fallin'
 
***A/N: hello guys, it's me, Shaji, once again!!! There's nothing much to say, just a big big THANKS to those who reviewed this fic…and gomen nasai for the delay. And for the song I used in the last chapter that was CONSTANTLY by MYMP, a Filipino band ( I don't know the original artist)
 
***Disclaimers: *sniff* `just borrowed the CCS characters from CLAMP and the oh so sweet song FALLIN' sung by Janno Gibbs (eep..another Filipino singer, nut hey, it's great!)
 
Enjoy, guys!
 
 
~~~*****~~~
 
 
 
After that night, things went smooth for the two. They became closer to each other's hearts and secret romance has been blooming. Syaoran would always go to Ying Fa's gigs. And every free night, it was either go out or chat over the phone. But there's never a chance Syaoran didn't try asking her about her true identity. Sakura feels bad for always telling him, “An artist has her right of hiding her identity.” And Syaoran is always considerate and understanding which makes her feel guiltier.
 
“So, how was your day?”
 
That would always start a good night for Sakura, a perfect way to end an awful day. Even if she can't have a good day at school, Syaoran would always make her night worth while. He's so sweet, thoughtful and funny every time they start their chit chat.
 
And Sakura couldn't ask for more. Life would be perfect if her geeky reputation is not on the way.
 
“Ahem.”
 
Sakura snapped her eyes at her friends' direction. It was a beautiful early December afternoon. In a few days, Christmas break would start soon. “What?”
 
Meiling let out an exaggerated sigh. “Finally!”
 
“We've been trying to get your attention ever since we walked out of the cafeteria. And when was that? Forty minutes ago!” Chiharu complained.
 
Then Naoko added, “No, hours ago.”
 
“Don't exaggerate, girls,” Rika told the two. “It was just years ago.”
 
Sakura could tell that her five best friends' patience have come to an end. “Uhm…What was that that happened to Takashi?” she asked uncertainly. Takashi Yamazaki is Chiharu's boyfriend and her close male friend.
 
The girls let out their groans extra loud for Sakura to hear.
 
“'Seems like you just got out from your oh la la dreamland,” Tomoyo teased making Sakura blushed.
 
“Takashi is now out of the picture, Saku. And FYI he was yesterday's topic, not today's,” Chi reminded her in a flat tone obviously telling her that she was caught not listening.
 
“Eep..he he,” she laughed nervously. “So…what was that you were talking about?”
 
“Oh, well, it's nothing big. We were just talking about your dreamboy,” Naoko told her with extra emphasis on dreamboy.
 
“D-dreamboy?” Sakura squeaked in a high-pitched voice.
 
“Yeah. My cousin…” Meiling answered slowly. The rest just eyed the blushing like mad Sakura. “Li Syaoran.”
 
“Sakura Kinomoto, don't try telling us you already forgot you were just dreaming about Li Syaoran a while ago,” Tomoyo stated matter-of-factly.
 
Sakura gulped and tried to speak. But before she could say anything, an irritating voice of an equally irritating Queen of the Underworld, Kikyo or known as Kyo, came.
 
“What is it I'm hearing? The klutziest, ugliest and most out of fashion geek is lusting after my baby Syaoran?” Kikyo shrieked with the most horrified face. She always does that everytime she has chance in order to catch everyone's attention and sympathy.
 
Sakura just shrugged and faced the campus muse. Muse?! Queen of Nightmares!! She thought.
 
“Back off, Kyo!” Meiling growled. “Don't show us that disgusting face of yours.”
 
“Why don't you just go away with your cronies and make a fainting act. That always goes with the horrified look ya know,” Naoko suggested disgustingly, “to make it more realistic.”
 
Rika catches on. “But too bad, even if you faint right now and never wake up much to our pleasure, you'll always end up as a trying hard actress.”
 
“Why you—“
 
“Bitches?” Tomoyo added to Kyo's statement with a raised brow. “Yeah, yeah, yeah, we already know that. And you are our queen. No need to remind us every time we meet.”
 
“Watch your mouths , Yanagisawa, Sasaki, Daidouji,” Ayu hissed. She is one of Kyo's cronies who is as ambitious and irritating as The Queen. “You don't know who you're dealing with.”
 
Chiharu smirked. “Don't drag Eriol and Syaoran's names here. We all know you're not really Syao's girlfriend, Kyo. So stop dreaming high if you don't want to fall hard.”
 
Kyo glared at them especially at Sakura who remained calm. “Shame on you, Kinomoto. You and Syaoran belong in two different worlds. Even in dreamland he won't dare coming near you.”
 
“I said back off!” Meiling growled. “Don't ever forget I'm Syaoran's cousin and his two best friends Eriol and Takashi are on our side. And you're right; it's a shame being seen with you.”
 
Luckily, a teacher passed by which ceased the oncoming war between the two groups. But as they backed away they kept on throwing death glares at each other.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Grrr…that bitch never failed to make my blood boil,” Tomoyo exclaimed hotly. It was now after class and they're leaving for home. The rest of the girls have gone to their destinations.
 
“Chill, Moyo. She's been doing that ever since I set foot in this school. Nothing's gonna happen to me,” Sakura said, trying to sooth her best friend and cousin. But deep inside, her anger wanted to explode like volcano.
 
“But Saku—“
 
“Aunt Sonomi's waiting for you. Now, go.”
 
Tomoyo looked at her pleadingly. “Please, come with me. We'll just drop you---“
 
“Moyo, listen to me. I can take care of myself. And besides, Kyo's been threatening us since forever but can't give even a single scratch.”
 
The violet-haired girl just sighed in defeat. “Just take care, ok? If anything happens, don't hesitate to call for help. I'll just see ya tonight.”
 
Sakura watched as Tomoyo rode in her awaiting limo and sped away. She then made her way out of the campus grounds. But two annoying faces came into view.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Come on Syaoran, man. Tell us about your inspiration.”
 
Syaoran just laughed at his soccer teammate Michael. Ever since he met Ying Fa, he's been talking about her non-stop. But no one knows where they met except for Eriol, of course. Even to his close bud Takashi. Call it selfish but Syaoran doesn't want anyone gawking at his cherry blossom.
 
“I agree. Everyone wants to know who's that mysterious girl who melted the Ice King's heart,” Maki, another teammate, added.
 
Syaoran just shook his head, grinning mysteriously. Since that night of her gig, this might sound corny but he felt like he is in another world. Ying Fa brought out the other side of him and changed his scowls to smiles. She is his Angel who brought sunshine to his life.
 
Eriol matched Syaoran's grin. “Why not guess?”
 
“Uhmm…Kyo?”
 
Kenji's guess brought laughter to the group. Each member of the team knows Kyo's obvious obsession on Captain Li Syaoran. She may be hot and popular but the boys know that she's out of the heartthrob captain's league.
 
“Dude, that's the stupidest guess I've ever heard!”
 
“No, guys, seriously…isn't that Kyo?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
“What do you want?” Sakura icily asked Kyo and Ayu as the two blocked her way.
 
“You already know the answer, freak. Keep your and the other bitches' asses out of our way,” Kyo warned, eyes blazing with fire.
“Nobody messes with us. And we're not just gonna let a disgusting nerd like you ruin our reputation,” the ever supportive assistant to the Queen, Ayu, piped.
 
Sakura took a deep breath to control her boiling temper. Man, these two are really pains in the back! “You know what? If you want me out of your way, you should have just ignored me in the first place. But no, you wanted attention. You wanted everyone's attention on you every time you make my life miserable. Seeing me in misery is such a boost to your ego.”
 
“So, get lost bitch. And don't you ever dare want Syaoran for yourself. He belongs to me. There's no way for a geek and a heartthrob even in hell. That's so sickening.”
 
“And if there is something so disgusting and sickening in this picture, it's how you go and brag to everyone that you're Li Syaoran's girl.” At that, Sakura snorted. “As if it isn't a general knowledge that you're the one he wouldn't go near to even in dreamland.”
 
Kyo's eyes burned even more if that's possible. Before Sakura knew what hit her, Kyo's got a deadly grip on her hair and was pulling it hard. Sakura matched her rival's burning fury and pulled her hair too. It was so easy beating the Bitch Queen; Kyo immediately backed off wahen Sakura's nails dugged on her face and caused a bloody scratch. But two on one is pretty hard. Ayu joined in trhe catfight and Sakura's having a tough time getting the two off of her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Hah! Surrender, bitch!!” Kyo's triumphant words greeted Syaoran and his team. She and another crazy girl named Ayu are abusing someone, pulling the other girl's auburn hair hard.
 
“Hey! Stop that!”
 
Kyo and Ayu both froze on the spot. Syaoran was sending his famous death glares at them. “What do you two think you're doing?”
 
Kyo just smirked. “Oh, Syaoran, honey, there's no need to fuss. It's just Kinomoto.”
 
Syaoran's brow nearly made a line at her answer.
 
“Yo, Syaoran, it's just the geeky nerd, Kinomoto freak,” Maki informed Syaoran with an annoying smirk on his face. “We can just leave them. That was already a part of their lives.”
 
Syaoran took a look at this Kinomoto freak. He felt something tugging at his heart when he saw the sight before him. The auburn-haired girl was kneeling on the ground with a pained but determined look. Her hair was messy, glasses were not in place, and baggy clothes were wrinkled. She may look awful but her face tells otherwise. She is still ready to engage in another fight.
 
“Stop that and leave the girl in peace,” he growled at Kyo and Ayu. His attention was still with this…this girl. He couldn't take his eyes from staring at her beautiful green eyes now that those glasses are out of the way. Those emerald gems are so enticing and…familiar. He felt the need to protect her just by looking at her beautiful eyes.
 
Though reluctant, Kyo and Ayu backed away from Kinomoto. They both frowned deeply before leaving a threatening look at the poor girl.
 
“You're lucky Syaoran is here or else…”
 
“Just leave,” Staoran told the two as he approached the damsel in distress. She was now starting to pick up her things and her hair was now in a messy bun.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“`You okay?”
 
Sakura meekly nodded. She doesn't want to meet his eyes. When emerald met amber a while ago, she swore his starting to recognize her. She doesn't want to lose her cover by just meeting eyes with him. She's afraid of Syaoran's would-be reaction once he learned who she really is. “T-thanks for the help…I gotta go…”
 
“Wait…”
 
Syaoran caught her wrist and that made her looked at him. Wrong move, she thought. Now he's staring at her again intensely.
 
Once Syaoran got the eye to eye contact he needed, he forgot to breathe. Those eyes…Those emeralds that express determination, worry and fear. But why? What is she afraid of? And when his eyes roamed her face, he's sure he knew her somewhere. And a moment there he thought about his beloved Ying Fa. But she couldn't be her…right?
 
His amber eyes are so full of emotions Sakura couldn't give name to. And his face…so close to hers. She felt her breath was caught in her throat. What is he thinking? As they held each others gaze, they just stood there as if nothing matters anymore…
 
“YO, Syaoran, why do you care about her?”
 
That made them snapped back to reality. They keep away from each other immediately as if they were burnt from some unexplainable force. Syaoran looked at the inquiring blonde guy, Michael, with confusion written all over his face. And that was Sakura's cue; she took the opportunity to leave. “Thank you again…Goodbye.” And with that, she fled.
 
“Just don't mind her, dude,” Kenji told him as the entire crew started to leave. “She's just a nobody. It's a social suicide in this school to be seen with her. You wouldn't want to be caught dead with a freak like her, Syaoran.”
 
Syaoran absentmindedly nodded. “Kinomoto…what was her name?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
Syaoran never let his sight off of Ying Fa. She just finished her song number and is now smiling at her clapping audience. He couldn't help himself from thinking about that poor Kionomoto girl. The pained yet determined look on her face kept hunting him.
 
He remembered those days when he was such a jerk. He bullies anyone that comes in his way. He looked down at anyone who doesn't belong in his circle. He never smiled at anyone except family. And most of all, it was never his business to help anyone who doesn't have anything to do with him.
 
But in school…he helped that girl. Was it because ever since he met Ying Fa he promised himself to be never a jerk again? Or was it because of the strong urge to protect the girl as if he was connected to her?
 
“Oh, LI SYAORANNNNN….”
 
“Huh? What?”
 
The emerald-eyed angel before him smiled. “I'm glad you finally noticed I'm here.”
 
“Oh,” was all Syaoran could say. He wanted to smack himself for unnoticing Ying Fa. “I'm sorry…It's just that…”
 
To his astonishment, Ying Fa giggled. “No, it's okay. I actually enjoyed your lost expression. You looked like a ghost. Wooooh…”
 
He laughed along with her as she made a ghostly face. “So, what do you want to do now that you finished your gig? I'm sure you don't wanna go, since it's freezing outside.”
 
She nodded enthusiastically. “See that?”
 
Syaoran followed where she's pointing to. At the side of the stage is a couple engaged in a tight embrace while the guy is placing butterfly kisses over the giggling girl's face. “Is that Tomoyo and Eriol?!”
 
“Yeah.”
 
He then turned to Ying Fa, grinning goofily at her. “You wanted to watch them?”
 
With that said she earned a playful slap from her. “Of course not! Moyo is going to sing tonight. You gotta watch her, she's amazing.”
 
As Syaoran looked at her glowing face, swelling with pride for Tomoyo, he couldn't help to smile. “But you'll always be the best for me.”
 
His smile widened more as he watched her face turned red.
 
“Alright everyone,” Tomoyo's captivating voice filled the room, “to all love birds out there, this one's for you!!”
 
 
Our little conversations
Are turning into little sweet sensations
And they're only getting sweeter every time
 
Our friendly get togethers
Are turning into visions of forever
If I say just believe this foolish heart of mine
 
Syaoran couldn't help himself to look at Ying Fa. Funny how the song suited what he exactly feels for her.
 
I can't pretend
That I am just a friend
`Coz I'm thinking maybe we were meant to be
 
Sakura tired her very best to ignore the feeling of Syaoran's eyes on her. She is focusing on Tomoyo's song but is failing miserably. Her heart is screaming her deepest wish that someday…yeah, someday, Li Syaoran might lover someone like her…
 
I think I'm fallin'
Fallin' in love with you
And I don't
I don't know what to do
 
I'm afraid you'd turn away
But I'll say it anyway
I think I'm fallin'
I'm fallin' for you…
 
 
 
 
 
 
December 24, 7 pm
 
“I'm glad you accepted my offer.”
 
Sakura peeped from the Snowman's back. She and Syaoran were in the Penguin Park. He is standing beside the swing facing the ground; gloved hands in his pocket. Just a few days ago, he invited her on Christmas day if she could spend it with him but as much as she wanted to she declined his offer. That special occasion is to be spent with her family. But Syaoran is persistent; he didn't give up so she decided to come with him on Christmas Eve.
 
She spent the whole day with him, laughing and enjoying the moment up to her heart's content. It's not every day you got invited by Li Syaoran to go sight seeing, shopping, have an unforgettable lunch that lasted for more than two hours due to nonstop joking, strolling in the park and make a Snowman. Wow, what a memorable event to write in your diary.
 
 
Whenever we're together
Wishing that goodbyes would turn to never
`Coz with you is where I'll always wanna be
 
“OH, Syao, how could I not come with you? This day was amazing!” Sakura answered with a bright smile. Happiness is radiating from her. “So why are so tense?”
 
“T-tense? Of course not.” Syaoran forced a smile. “Come, sit here.”
 
Sakura narrowed her eyes. Something is not right. But she did what she was told. She sat in the swing beside him at looked up only to be met by intense amber eyes. She felt her heart quickened. For the past weeks being with him, her feelings for him got stronger.
 
Whenever I'm beside you
All I really wanna do is hold you
No one else but you had meant this much to me
 
Syaoran smiled at the beauty before him. “Time for gift giving, don't you think? Tomorrow is Christmas day and I wanna give my gift in advance.”
 
“A gift? For me?” she happily exclaimed.
 
Syaoran chuckled lightly; easing the nervousness in inside him. `Hope she'd like it… Syaoran pulled out from his pocket a small pink box with a ribbon and gave it to Ying Fa. “Open it.”
 
Sakura, with trembling hands, untied the ribbon and opened the box. Her breath was caught in her throat as her gaze landed on a gorgeous ring. It was a white-gold band with a beautiful emerald in that matched her eyes. Sakura was awed by Syaoran's gift.
 
Syaoran held her left hand and took the ring from the box. He slipped in her ring finger. “Perfect,” he whispered.
 
I think I'm fallin'
Fallin' in love with you
And I don't
I don't know what to do
 
“`You like it?” he asked as Sakura just stared at the ring in her finger.
 
She tore her gaze from the ring and looked at Syaoran's hopeful face. “Are you kidding me? I love it!!” much to Syaoran's surprise, she hooked her arms around his neck and hugged him. “Thank you, Syao, you made me so happy.”
 
I'm afraid you'd turn away
But I'll say it anyway
I think I'm fallin'…
 
All his anxieties were washed away. He's more than glad that he made her happy. “We've been close in a bit of time and you've been so wonderful to me in ways no one else has been. I'll always be grateful for all the happiness I might have never known if you hadn't been a part of my life…”
 
Sakura pulled away from the hug and looked at his eyes. “Same here, little wolf.” Time to go. But before that, she placed am kiss on his cheek and took the opportunity to put her gift in his free hand. She ran away from him, waving goodbye. “Thanks for the wonderful time!!”
 
 
 
 
Later that night, Sakura slept soundly, a sweet smile pasted on her lips. The engraved 4ever inside the ring keep on repeating in her dream.
 
 
I'm fallin'…for you…
 
 
 
 
 
~~~*****~~~
 
A/N:
 
I know that my story was long been overdue and I'm so sorry for the delay. (3 months, DIYOS KO DAY!!!) I promised that I would make my writing skills better and I hope this chapter make up for my mistakes.
For the grammar and spelling corrections, please feel free to e-mail me . I won't bite, promise.
And lastly, huuuuu, this was my first English fanfic so please be patient with my writing style.
I hope you enjoyed the last five chapters and please oh please leave a REVIEW =)
That would be most appreciated. Thank you.
 
 
(^_~) Shajira