Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Black Wings ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Black Wings
By: Aisaki Sumi
A BIG THANKS GOES OUT TO THE PEOPLE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO REVIEW THIS STORY! I LOVE YOU GUYS:P hehe Here's the requested chapter :P Hope you guys'll like it!

Chapter Two
Fly me away, to a far away land…where there arejust you and me…and a pair of black wings…
-- Aisaki Sumi

The soft sigh was left reverberating through the air as Eriol approached the auburn haired girl. His hands were shoved into his jean pockets carelessly as he resumed his casual, slightly nonchalant expression.
He walked past her like a swift wind and plopped himself down in the empty spot beside her. His sharp, piercing sapphire eyes were trained on her, and he grinned to himself as he saw her reaction to his presence.
The grip around her sketching pencil tightened, but her facial expression remained the same. The shorter strands of auburn hair framed her face, and the longer ends lining her neckline were slightly curly, spiraling outward.
Eriol couldn't help but scrutinize her in fascination. The soft golden glow on her exposed porcelain neck caused his eyes to squint slightly as a natural response to the bright light. The blinding rays pierced the thickened layers of leaves that acted as a protective shield and landed haphazardly on her white dress. They lay like small, sparkling diamond chips studded across the white silk, giving her a heavenly appearance.
The way her hair flirted with the brisk late-summer breeze and dangled along the sides of her cheeks enthralled him. She looked like an ancient Greek goddess to him, so exotic and divine.
There was that comforting, soothing aura around her that made her presences so amiable. If his heart was not already with someone, he would've gone for her.
The thought of Syaoran being captivated by her innocent beauty made him grin. It would definitely be an enjoyable sight to see.
“Hey, nice drawing,” he commented, eyes glancing briefly at the sketch in the making. Yet she did not reply, continuing her previous movement as if she were immersed in another world-- a world far away from this filthy reality, where she could not be tainted by the polluted air.
She lowered her head, hoping he would go away. But no such luck.
“What are you drawing anyway?” He tried again to start a conversation, knowing that it would probably end up one-sided, dominated by him. He saw her gripping the pencil as if it was the last thread of her life. The knuckles of her hand turned white and pale as she tightened her grasp. “Well…whatever you're drawing, it looks nice,” he mumbled, tilting his head as he leaned forward, narrowing his eyes in an attempt to get a better look at her sketch book. But she merely tipped further away from him, trying to keep the distance between them.
He could tell she was uncomfortable, but the sight of it only made him even more intrigued. “Have you ever had a boyfriend before?” he pressed. The girl froze as the pencil held tightly between her forefinger and thumb slipped from her clutched hand and clattered onto the pavement.
Her auburn hair was shadowing her face, making her expression unreadable, but he knew she was shocked. Beaming as if the world couldn't get any better than this, he enlarged his blithe smile.
There was a triumphant glint glimmering in his eyes as he continued to observe her, glad that he had finally grabbed her undivided attention.
“I was just wondering…” he began carefully, keeping a close eye on her, not wanting to go too far and give her a heart attack. The last thing he wanted was a dead or unconscious girl lying on the sidewalk.
There was no way he would go through all this trouble again to find Syaoran another such suitable present. Absolutely no way! And he was quite resolute about that.
Um… would you be interested in dating my best friend?” The long waited question finally arrived, echoing through the moist, faintly scented air. Eriol peered at her, listening carefully, afraid to miss even the tiniest sound.
Nothing came out however, much to his disappointment. She had not spoken a word since he had approached her, and Eriol was beginning to doubt the girl's ability to produce normal speech. Maybe she was mute or something...?
She stood abruptly, smoothing out the fabric of her dress. The sudden movement left the ends of her long white dress fluttering restlessly. Eriol's eyes widened in surprise, but quickly recovered as he looked up at her.
Her hands were clutched tightly onto the sketchbook as if she was holding on for dear life. The atmosphere between them was intense, and Eriol could feel the advancing waves of `leave me alone' vibrations proceeding toward him.
“Is that a yes?” he asked, quirking an eyebrow as he gaze at her expectantly. She swooped down suddenly to pick up the pencil that she had dropped a moment ago. She placed it in her pencil case along with her eraser and swerved in the opposite direction, starting to speed away from him as quickly as possible.
“Hey! Wait up!” Eriol called out, jumping off the bench. He reached out a hand to haul her to a stop, but she was already out of his reach.
She kept her head down, sketchbook close to her heart as she strode away, but she was soon stopped as Hiro appeared before her. She drew a sharp breath, a frightened gasp, glaring at the unwelcoming obstacle before her.
Hiro's lips curved into a grin as he wrapped his arm around her waist, hands grabbing hers and pulling them behind her back. The prepared rope bound her small wrists together harshly, leaving red marks behind on her creamy white skin.
Her grasp on the sketchbook loosened. It slipped from her hands and dropped onto the ground, creating a loud thump as it hit the hard concrete pavement.
Before the girl could even call out for help, he expeditiously pulled out a roll of rectangular shaped masking tape and sealed her lips with it, preventing any sound from reaching further than the radius of a meter. Horror and impotence flashed in her emerald green eyes, but Hiro could not have cared less.
He wrapped his arms around her, as if carrying a princess - or that was what most would assume - and placed her forcefully onto the front seat of his motorcycle. His arms were secured around her, making sure she would not fall as he sped away.
The loud roaring of the engine carried for miles on the wind that whirled by. It was a careless wind that lifted up a few of the abandoned cherry blossom petals, giving them the momentum to spiral and drift down in a lazy, weightless manner.
Eriol shook his head and heaved an aggravated sigh. Hiro would always be Hiro, using force on such fragile girl… but oh well. He dismissed the thoughts as he heaved himself off the wooden bench, strolling lazily as he headed toward the location of the fallen sketchbook.
He bent down and picked it up with ease. Dusting off the dirt that clung to the black cover of the sketchbook, he flipped through it, eyes widening at the sights of her drawings. To say that he was deeply impressed by her artistic talents would be a great understatement.
Intrigued, he gently closed the book. The amused grin returned to his lips as his eyes spotted the neat writing on the cover of the sketchbook, labeling it as the property of its owner.
“Kinomoto Sakura…ka…” he tried on his tongue, finding the name quite pleasant.
“Sakura…” Sounding it out once more, a mischievous glint shimmered in his dark, enigmatic eyes. “Syaoran's favorite flower is cherry blossom… and this girl's name is cherry blossom as well… hmm…” he mused, looking down at the black hard cover of the sketchbook again.
Interesting…
He smiled in full anticipation as he tilted his head upward to gaze at the vast expanse of hazy blueness. He could not wait to see the leader of the Black Wings' reaction when he received his present.
“Saa… omoshiroii ne? (Interesting)”
-
-
-
-
A/N: Another chapter! Syaoran comes into the picture in the next chapter! Hmmm I wonder what he's gonna say when he sees Sakura buwahaha XD. And to those who were wondering how they would get her to go out with him, well there's your answer lolz :P by force of course hehe XD.
Sorry about the shortness of it all! Drop me a review, and let me know if you liked the story or hated it!
Wanna find out what's gonna happen next? REVIEW :P