Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Black Wings ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Black Wings
By: Aisaki Sumi
 
Thank you guys soooo muchie for the lovely reviews!! Gosh I feel so loved now lolz! Keep them coming!! More reviews means more updates!! Hehe!
 
-----------------------
 
Chapter Three
 
----------------------
 
The sun's brilliant rays burned the material of his black jacket as he lowered his upper body to reduce resistance and increase the speed of his motorcycle. The violent wind, although tepid, was carrying the moisture and minty scent of summer. It rustled through his messy chestnut locks, causing the strands to flutter messily with each caress.
 
He had a delicately shaped visage, slightly sun-kissed, due to his long term exposure in the merciless sun. The shorter strands of his chestnut hair were flirting with the wind, waving about in the most haphazard manner. The blinding light permeated the locks of chestnut hair, causing the tips of it to glow like woven golden threads.
 
His eyes were set upon the road ahead of him, a pair of ardent, golden amber orbs, burning ever so brightly with such vehement passion. Dark hazel pigments with flecks of red encircled the pools of amber, outlining their delicate shape. Just one single glimpse of those eyes could melt an admirer's heart into a puddle of water.
 
The swift wind slid pass him, humming a harmonious melody and whispering words that only a few could understand. He sank into the pleasantness of the delightful music, a small grin forming on his lips as the corners lifted upward.
 
But it was quickly disturbed as the ring tone of his cell phone announced the presence of a new call. Furrowing his brows slightly in displeasure, he freed one of his hands from the controller that both monitored the speed of the motorcycle and operated the braking mechanism.
 
He flipped it open and muttered an annoyed greeting, “What is it this time Eriol?”
 
A soft chuckle came from the other line, and he felt the urge to roll his eyes. “How did you know it was me? Eriol asked, and Syaoran could hear the faint amusement lacing his deep, yet smooth voice.
 
“There is this thing called caller ID, you know?” Syaoran remarked sarcastically, earning himself another quiet laugh from Eriol. Pressing his lips into a thin line, Syaoran silently started his countdown to hanging up on his friend. Ichi… ni... (one…two…)
 
“Saa,” Syaoran's grip on his cell phone tightened, his finger nails digging into the plastic material of the phone, feeling its firmness against his finger tips. The `saa' came out eerie, as if foreshadowing some unpleasant events that were yet to happen.
 
“I'm gonna hang up on you if you've got nothing important to say,” he gently threatened, patience waning with the passing seconds. “Just say what you wanna say,” he said flatly, frowning with great annoyance.
 
“Alright, alright. Hiro and I got you a present for your birthday, and you're gonna love it!” The emphasis on the `love it' part made Syaoran snort slightly.
 
“Well you'd better appreciate this gift, cause Hiro and I scoured the entire town of Tomoeda for three days without stopping to find the perfect present for you.”
 
“And did I ask you do get me a present?” Syaoran questioned, leaving the answer rather obvious.
 
“It's not every day that the leader of the Black Wings turns eighteen, you know. You should start celebrating your birthdays before you start hating them,” Eriol gently chided, and Syaoran did not need to be there to see Eriol shaking his head disapprovingly, mimicking his mother's displeased expression.
 
“Birthday parties are pointless anyway. There's nothing special about that day,” he grumbled. To him, his birthday was just another ordinary day, another declaration of his maturation. The last thing he would need was to celebrate a dreadful day such as that.
 
He was just another step closer to a fate that he'd rather avoid. Yelan and the elders had already informed him of his duties and responsibilities as the future leader of the powerful Li Clan.
 
They had struck a deal with him a long time ago, way before he could even understand most of his responsibilities. He was to take on the family's business, the Li Enterprise, and become the eminent leader he was destined to be.
 
“Well at least come and take a look at our gift,” Eriol insisted, refusing to take no for an answer.
 
“You just don't take no for an answer, eh?”
 
“Nope.” The overly sweet tone of his cheerful reply was too eerie for Syaoran's liking. It caused him to shudder slightly.
 
Sighing, Syaoran gave in, “Alright I'll come.” It was energy draining to argue with Eriol.
 
“Great! Come to the base and take a look at your present. You're gonna love it!” Eriol exclaimed excitedly, but Syaoran could only groan in reply.
 
Eriol was known for his sadistic tactics and strange sense of humor. Sometimes Syaoran wondered what was behind that ever-present smile, but for the sake of his own sanity and fragile mind, he never really went so far as removing the mask from his friend's face and taking a look at the face hidden behind it.
 
He flipped the phone close, stuffing it carelessly into his pocket. His attention returned to the road while his mind pondered the kind of present they had gotten for him.
 
He really wasn't looking forward to it.
 
……
 
The unfamiliarity of the room made her shiver with growing fear. Her eyes were covered by the blindfold, exposing her vulnerability to the world. Her heart was thumping with an all too familiar fear that twisted her guts and cut through her stomach.
 
The smell of fear and danger charged the air, adding to its stiffness, making it thick and heavy. Even the simplest task, such as breathing, had become increasingly hard. The intense, deafening silence surrounded her and threatened to devour her entirely. It whispered a nameless fear that haunted her frail sanity.
 
She could hear her own heart beats, the frantic ba-bump, ba-bump declared her defenselessness. She was like a child, lost in a world that was all too foreign to her.
 
Her senses were sharpened with the loss of her sight, and she could feel danger lurking in the darkness that encompassed her.
 
The pain from her bound wrists reminded her that she was tied up and guarded as if she was a prisoner. She could feel a pair of watchful eyes on her, observing her every moment. It irked her that he was able to see her while she could only guess his whereabouts.
 
“You really should stop trying to escape. It's not going to work. Your hands are tied to your back, and your legs are bound together,” the taunting voice sneered. Sakura whipped her head in the direction of the voice and gnawed the corners of her mouth.
 
“Besides, you should consider yourself a very lucky girl to be here,” he went on. Suddenly, his words were interrupted by the screeching sound of an object being dragged across the room, which she assumed to be a chair.
 
“Not a lot of girls get to become the girlfriend of the leader of the Black Wings. Just ask any girl in Tomoeda and they would be more than happy to switch places with you.”
 
Black Wings… Sakura frowned in contemplation as her mind tried to figure out what it was. The first thing that came to her mind was a fierce gang, and this realization made her blood run cold.
 
Suddenly she heard a click. It sounded like someone was unlocking the door. Gulping, she waited silently for what fate had prepared for her.
 
“Syaoran, this is your present.”
 
Following the statement, the blindfold that blocked her vision a moment ago was taken off.
 
Sakura blinked, and her eyes widened as she looked up.
 
A pair of amber… eyes…
-
 
-
 
-
 
-
 
A/N: There's the meeting! Hehe :P. Sakura finally meets Syaoran for the first time ever! Wanna know what happens next? REVIEW!! And you can write, I lub this story so far, please continue! (Lolz in my dreams eh? XD) It's okie, just a word or two would be enough :P. Let me know if you like or hate this so far!
 
REVIEW REMEMBER!! I heart reviews!! :P