Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Sakura - Altered World ❯ Sakura's Rival Appears ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Card Captor Sakura - Altered World
Card Captor Sakura - Altered World

Notes: This fanfic will be S+S, and will deal with more mature concepts later on. Read at your own risk. I'm poor; don't sue. I don't own CCS at all.

Chapter 3: Sakura's Rival Appears
"This dream... I've seen it before."
It was night, and the moon was full. Sakura was on top of a building in a weird costume. Cerberus was hovering beside her. She was facing the Tokyo Tower and Clow Cards fluttered in the air in front of her. She looked down to see a figure in a green Chinese outfit holding a sword. He seemed somewhat familiar. He appeared to be saying something and then he jumped off the building.
"Who is he?"

"Sakura! Oi, Sakura, wake up."
"AH!!!"
She woke up to Cerberus' face right up next to hers and tried to push him away. She still wasn't used to having Cerberus wake her up.
"You seemed to be having a bad dream. I was worried"
"I've had this dream before. I was in front of the Tokyo Tower at and night... except this time there was this... man in a... Chinese costume?"
"Chinese costume? Must be a prophetic dream. Probably you'll meet this man in a Chinese costume. Well, we'll talk about it later. Hurry and get up or you'll be late for school again."

Sakura skidded in front of her classroom's door. She quickly slid the door open and ran in, glancing at the clock hung above the door. She still had a minute to go; she gave a relieved sigh. She definitely didn't want to hold buckets of water outside for fifteen minutes again. She made her way to her desk hastily and greeted Tomoyo. The boy that sat behind her was glaring at her, inward she flinched but she voiced a greeting anyway.
"Ohayoo Li-kun."
He deepened his glare further making her wince as soon she sat down on her seat. As usually, he didn't greet her back. He seemed a bit more aggressive this morning. She felt the intensity of his eyes on her back and briefly wondered why she had this treatment ever since he had arrived...

"Today I'm introducing a transfer student. Come on in," said her home form teacher.
"It is unusual to have a transfer student at this time of year," whispered Tomoyo from beside her.
A young Chinese man walked into the classroom. He had unruly brown hair and very intense amber eyes. He was quite handsome considering the amount whispers through the female students and the glaring of the male students. Undisturbed by the glares he was receiving, he glared back, replacing his neutral expression from before. He definitely won the glaring contest; few could glare like that.
"Isn't he looking at you, Sakura?"
Sakura noticed that his eyes were focused on her and his previous expression had remained unchanged; still glaring.
"H-hoe," she said, as his glare seemed to pierce further.
"Li Syaoran, from Hong Kong. I hope everyone gets along with him. Then, your seat... Okay. The seat behind Kinomoto is empty," said her teacher, not noticing the new student's frown deepen as he was seated behind Sakura.
He walked towards his assigned seat and stopped in front of Sakura to glare at her directly. If it weren't for some interference with Tomoyo, he would have glare at her a lot longer. He hmphed and raised his head arrogantly. He finally made his way over to his seat.

Syaoran was glaring all right; he had a good reason too. Well at least to him. He couldn't believe how much that girl fumbled with Silence. He was definitely at the end of his patience with her. It had been two month's since the cards had been scattered and he was not pleased at all. She seemed to only have gathered a few cards and at this rate he was not returning home for a few years. Previously he thought of grabbing the cards from her when she was finished. Not anymore. He threw a note onto her desk.

Sakura was nervous. She wrung her hands together unconsciously. Why had Li-kun asked her to meet him here? Especially since he appeared to want nothing to do with her.
"Hey, you," said Syaoran's voice roughly from behind her.
"Umm, hi Li-kun," Sakura stuttered, unwilling to turn around to meet his gaze or in her case, glare.
"I know you have them, hand them over."
Does he know? It isn't possible right?
"W-what are you t-talking about? I don't u-understand," Sakura said fearfully.
"Don't play games with me, just hand over the cards and walk away. I won't have to harm you then," said Syaoran, grabbing her by the shoulders and turning her around. The glare was present on his face. Sakura shrank back a bit.
"Bu... but I promised Kero-chan that I'd gather them all."
"Kero-chan? Are you talking about Cerberus?"
"You know about him?!"
"I don't understand why would Cerberus pick a pathetic girl like you to be the Card Captor. Now are you going to give me the cards or not? You can just give up card capturing and just let me handle it."
Sakura was slightly tempted; no more cards meant being a normal teenager. Card capturing took a lot of her energy and time. Hadn't Cerberus told her that cards could cause disaster though? Could she just let another person handle the cards, not knowing what type of person he was or was he able to?
"I... I can't!" Sakura screamed. She tore from his grip and backed away.

Well, that was certainly unexpected, a part of him told his shocked mind venomously.You thought that she would hand them over easily after all that whining she did before about not wanting to be the Card Captor. Well, what are you doing you idiot? Grab the cards.
And so he did. Or at least attempted to. He extended his right hand, and moved towards her. He stumbled on a rock a few steps away from her and landed on top her. His right hand gripped something soft, warm, and round. He looked down between their bodies and turned various interesting shades of red.
Ow. Her head and back hurt. There was a weight on top of her. She opened one eye. Pressure was concentrated somewhere on her body. She opened her other eye. She looked at where she felt the most uncomfortable, turned red, and shrieked. His eyes looked up, and their eyes made contact; both of their faces still flushed.
Hello? Are you still listening to me? You're hand is still on her chest...
His hand flew off her chest and he rolled off of her. He used his arms to spring himself up and ran for his life.

"Waaaah!!! My Sakura-chan has been molested!"
"Keep it down, Tomoyo!" shouted Sakura, wincing and pulling the phone away from her ear.
"Bu... But Sakura-chan! Your innocence!"
"Calm down, Tomoyo-chan. I'm sure it was an accident."
"You're too trusting Sakura-chan! He's a 16-year-old boy! Not to mention very, very athletic and graceful. I've seen him practise martial arts outside. He must be a least a black belt. Do you really think he can 'trip'?"
"Tomoyo-chan, it has to be a misunderstanding... I mean he was after the cards. He didn't even both to try to take them after our... accident."
From the other side of the line, Tomoyo didn't answer. Her eyes gleamed. She and Li-kun were going to have a little talk.

Sakura pressed a button and shut off the cell phone that Tomoyo gave her. Tomoyo finally believed it was an accident. She plopped onto her bed and gave a relieved sigh.
"What's wrong Sakura?" asked Cerberus, finally waking up from his nap.
Sakura told Cerberus the events of the day, carefully leaving out the... interesting bits.
"Li Syaoran? He could be from the Li's. The Li's were the family of my master Clow Reed's mother. They are a family well renowned for their line of Taoist priests in China. I heard they moved to Hong Kong some time ago."
"Do you think it's better to hand over the cards to him?"
"No, Sakura. You were able to open the book and wake me up. The seal can't be removed by a person with little magical power; you are qualified to be a Card Captor. Haven't you been able to catch several cards already?"
"Bu..."
Ring!
"Moshi, Moshi? Ah Tomoyo-chan, why are you calling again? The sky?"
Sakura got up from her window to look at the sky. Outside it was dark. The sky was covered with dark clouds and seemed like a thunderstorm. But there was no rain, not a single drop.
"Meet me near it, I'll be there right away."

"Since we are dealing with Thunder, I made a suit completely out of rubber. It's completely resistant."
"How about the bell?"
"It's resistant also."
"Then why a cat?"
"Because it's cute."
Sakura and Cerberus both sweatdropped.
A lighting bolt began to jump from building to building and finally seemed to just fly around, lighting crackled around him randomly.
"Fly!"
Sakura ran and took off with her staff with Cerberus behind her.
"Sakura, did the guy have a compass? Clow left his Clow Card detecting compass with his parents."
"I don't know, he just seemed to know I was the Card Captor."
"Well, no matter. We have to catch the card before he does. First thing we have to do is turn the card back to its original shape."
Thunder headed towards them, and Sakura dodged quickly to her right. Thunder looped behind her like a boomerang and swooped towards her again making her elevate to dodge. She quickly landed on a rooftop.
"Original shape?"
"It's coming!"
"Jump!" Sakura shouted and narrowly avoided Thunder's attack, and began jumping from building to building until she landed on a tower.
"But what is the original shape of Thunder?"
"It is..."
"You don't even know this? But then again, I don't expect much from you," said Syaoran from below her, on the rooftop of the tower she was standing on. His eyes carefully avoided her, and seemed to be concentrated on Thunder.

"Li-kun!"
She looked him over and saw that he was wearing a very familiar green Chinese outfit. Didn't I see it in the dream? But I think I've seen it before. Where?
"God of Thunder! I demand thee!" said Syaoran as drew up his sword and then energy crackled around him. Lightning struck thunder from the sword and Thunder fell to the ground and screeched. Syaoran jumped to the rooftop below them, after the card.
"Just like the dream..." said Sakura remembering the dream she had in the morning, she followed him.
After twitching on the roof below them, it transformed into the form of a large wolf.
"You have to turn Thunder into the thunder beast first. You don't even know that," said Syaoran, his eyes still avoiding her.
"I was just about to explain that!" said Cerberus, getting a bit annoyed.
Sakura raised a card and Syaoran interrupted her, "Baka, you can't challenge Thunder with Windy."
"But I used Windy to capture almost all my cards..."
Cerberus twitched, and muttered, "I've been in Kansai for so long it's okay to call me aho, but not baka..."
The beast began to slowly walk towards them and Sakura hid behind Syaoran for protection. Syaoran raised his sword and paused, "Use Shadow when I tell you to. God of Thunder, I demand thee!"
Thunder fell backwards from the attack. "Now!"
"Shadow!"
Shadow formed and fell under Thunder. Strands of it began to surround the card, and Thunder had nowhere to run. The strands plunged down around it and encased it.
"Return to thy true form. Clow Card!"
Sakura bent down and picked up the remnants of Thunder and Shadow.

"You can use the Staff of Capture, but you really don't have an idea of what you are doing, do you?"
Sakura eyes turned to the ground, her face in distress.
"Hey kid, she hasn't been capturing cards for long, okay? Don't ask for the impossible."
"What is that?"
"It's Kero-chan."
"W...What?! Then, this is the Beast of the Seal, Kerberos? The most powerful guardian beast with golden eyes? This stuffed doll..." Syaoran exclaimed, extending a finger.
Cerberus twitched uncontrollably and bit the man. Syaoran cried out and flung the creature off his finger.
"Kero-chan!"
"Anyway, there is no way you can gather all the cards. I should have realised it sooner."
He turned his head to glare at her, forgetting that he was supposed to avoid looking at her. His mind promply turned blank. She was in a somewhat tight fitting outfit with a short skirt. Too bad she has pants under it. He let his gaze roll over her curves. Yeouch! I don't mind petting that kitty cat any time. Wait a sec... What the HELL was that!? Tomoyo ran over, catching the whole scene. She gave him a death glare. He visibly stiffened. He turned his face to the side and glowed red like Christmas lights.
"Are you okay Sakura-chan?"
Sakura looked away, completely despaired.
Syaoran began to stiffly walk away.
"Wait a second, Li-kun. I have to talk to you for a bit," said Tomoyo in a very determined voice.
Sakura blinked, what was going on? Tomoyo dragged Syaoran to a distance and began asking questions. Syaoran was turning redder by the minute and answering in return. Near the end of the conversation, Syaoran was reduced to vigorous nodding.
Finally Tomoyo seemed to be satisfied and let him go with a push. He ran like if a truck was chasing him. Hmm, his running is somewhat familiar...
"That's right! He was the one try to take the Clow Card book that night!"
"Huh, Sakura?"
"Before I unsealed the book, there was this burglar trying to steal it. With all the excitement of that night, I completely forgot! Wait a minute, wouldn't he try to steal it again?"
"It is possible, he did try to take them from you this afternoon... But there is no way we can stay up all night guarding them," Cerberus said thoughtfully.
Tomoyo walked over to them and smiled, "Don't worry at all."


Syaoran pushed up the window. How stupid is she to repeat the same mistake twice? He crawled in and glanced to check if the girl was awake. The glance turned into a stare and his jaw dropped. He felt a funny surge in his forehead and pinched his nose. Backing away carefully, he crawled back out of the window. He hyperventilated outside, with one hand gripped on the window frame; stabilizing him. He was definitely never going to try stealing the cards again.


Ohayoo: Good Morning
Moshi moshi: Telephone greeting.
Baka: Idiot
Aho: Idiot in Osaka dialect


More Blabbing:
Empress Sarah-sama: Syaoran doesn't have a crush on Sakura... yet. He's just a bit... confused about girls.
Poor, poor Syaoran. Having fun at his expense is VERY fun. I tend to pick on his type of characters. Don't kill me.
I know, the trip scene has been done so many times. But it was the part of this chapter that I had the most fun writing.
Sorry, but I can't write fights very well. I have to watch the episodes to spice up the fight.
Since my March Break has ended, chapters are going to come out at a slower rate. I'm getting a bit exhausted with it though.
To you who have reviewed; GLOOMP! (Okay, maybe I'm scaring away my reviewers...) But you guys are part of my inspiration, you know...
Oh well, this is my most inspired chapter so far. I love this chapter a lot. In fact this is my most inspired story. I don't think I've ever pushed so many chapters out in a few days or written that much for that matter.
Did a doodle of Sakura to help inspire my writing. ^^
March 18, 2001, Christine Chan aka Kinomoto Sakura of Ffnet