Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Sakura - Altered World ❯ Interlude: Li Syaoran's Dilemma ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Card Captor Sakura - Altered World
Card Captor Sakura - Altered World

Notes: This fanfic will be S+S, and will deal with more mature concepts later on. Read at your own risk. I'm poor; don't sue. I don't own CCS at all.

Apology:
Okay, I'm sorry if disgusted you last chapter but I got carried away a bit. Well it is PG-13 for a reason, you know... Not to mention CCS has teacher/student relationships, homosexuality, etc... So I assumed you'd be able to handle a bit of innuendo.
I might have to change it to R later, not because of the innuendo, because I may go into some pretty serious stuff (sorry don't want to spoil anything for you people). However, I would have put this story on a restriction of 15 year-olds and over, without what I was planning.
Made a small correction on Syaoran's sword. Domo Arigatou to ClareBear and Inuchan!

Interlude: Li Syaoran's Dilemma

Syaoran hated the girl who sat in front of him. Hated the way she first denied him of getting the Clow Card book. Hated the way she became the Card Captor when she was clearly his inferior. Hated how she denied him the cards. Hated how she suddenly made him uncomfortable when he saw her body. Hated how she reduced him, Li Syaoran into those fools who drooled after her. He did not understand why he would react that way. He never did before her. Once accidental touch and his world was simply demolished. He glared at her head, and wanted to hit her. Like if he could. He probably would accidentally hit something that would send him into becoming a babbling moron. He was suddenly hit in the face by a crumpled piece of paper. He realised his gaze was slipping down the damned girl's back. He looked up. Daidouji. She was waving her index finger from left to right, in a no-no fashion.

Tomoyo turned away from the red-faced Li-kun and stifled a giggle. Poor, poor boy. No prior experience to the opposite sex before Sakura. He told her that he never thought of girls, spending all his time concentration bringing back the Clow Cards to his family. He probably had not meant to let that slip. Of course, when she accused him of being a pervert and molesting her dear Sakura-chan, he began to babble uncontrollably. For slight revenge on him for making Sakura depressed, she made her questions more heated. She definitely enjoyed watching his mind overload and briefly wondered how many shades of red he turned. She would have liked to tape him when he went to steal the cards too. She bit back a grin, but if she taped Sakura in that thing, Sakura would probably never forgive her. Sakura really didn't understand why she had to wear it. Ah, she was so innocent. She glanced over the still flustered Li-kun. Very unfortunate way to step into the world of a teenage boy and by her beautiful Sakura-chan, no less.

Sakura had gotten rid of the thing as fast as she could. She headed to Tomoyo's house this morning and returned it to her, very red faced. She had no idea why would Tomoyo have that kind of thing. She also didn't understand why she had to wear it to when she went to sleep. Tomoyo insisted though, and despite how many times she protested, she gave in. Tomoyo had only wanted her to wear it for that one night. If 'Nii-chan or Otou-san saw that thing, she would be one dead girl. Well it wasn't so bad, a bit cold though. Kero-chan was antsy, guarding her like crazy before she went to sleep. Something about not trusting the kid to be decent. Funny, Li-kun didn't try to steal the cards as she thought he would. Maybe she had misjudged him.

That effect again! Syaoran resisted the urge to rip out his hair and bang his head on the desk repeatedly. He thanked the heavens that the talk with Tomoyo made his brain overload and forget most of the conversation. He definitely would go crazy if he remembered the suggestive, well he was pretty sure it was, material she threw at him. At least it wasn't Yamazaki that explained to him the basics, Syaoran knew that Yamazaki liked to lie a little bit and he really didn't want to know what he could conjure up. He also made a careful mental note to avoid the area where cheerleading practice was held. He hated this. Yesterday had to be the worst day of his life.

Crap. What was that? Syaoran ran like he never did before. He never ran from any fight, but this one he definitely had to. His hand still tingled where he had... He rubbed his hand subconsciously. He looked down it and remembered how it felt to be pressed up against her. His brain went haywire, face went tomato red, and speed was doubled. Snapping out of it, he ran his hands repeated on his scalp, turning his hair into a mess. He really didn't want anyone to see him like this. He stuffed his hand deep into his pockets and walked hurriedly around the corner. Not paying attention to where he was going he bumped into a man in his early 30's. He took one glance at his flustered face and ruffled hair, and gave him a knowing grin. Syaoran glared at the man and quickly passed him.

Bastard. How dare he assume that he, Li Syaoran, would stoop to such levels. Like if he would actually would... would... would what? He knew about the forbidden body parts of the female body, but wasn't sure what they were actually supposed to do. He didn't know what "doing the deed" actually was. All he knew was a girl and a guy slept in the same bed. He blamed it on Mother.

Mother had taken care that he wouldn't be distracted from his duties and practice. Mother had wanted him to have a secure position as the head of the Li clan. It definitely didn't help that his father had died shortly before he was born. Mother said it was from a poltergeist hunt, he didn't believe her. She had sent him to an all boys' school when he was six. Meiling was nothing to worry about; Mother knew he had no interest in her. Boys' school was weird. Half the time he went to the bathroom, he had to check if one of those guys was turning out funny. Sometimes he could hear some conversations in the back of the classrooms by the crazy perverts in the class. He had learned to tune out some of the garbage they spewed; he never really understood the stuff anyway. Sometimes the guys would go and check out girls after school, Mother had made him go home immediately though. By the time he went abroad, he had no interest in girls absolutely, it was purely training and searching for the Clow Cards.

Taking his keys out of his pocket, he opened the door to his apartment. It was empty. Only he lived in it. He kept it efficiently tidy and organised. He could cook for himself; completely independant of others. His four sisters made sure of that. They dragged him to the kitchen numerous times and always made sure his room was squeaky clean. They did it for his own good though. They somehow knew that his fate was to be sent off alone to search for the cards. Despite their frivolousness, they really cared about him. One would think his sisters would have told him about the opposite sex but he had left Hong Kong on his thirteenth birthday.

He took of his shoes and neatly put his jacket in the closet. He dropped his schoolbag to the side of his recliner with a thud, and simply collapsed onto the cushioned chair. He closed his eyes and simply lay there for ten minutes, his breathing controlled. Sword exercises, they would restore his concentration. He focused his will on a jade charm that he pulled out of his pocket. His sword formed in his hand as it always did since he first tried it when he was eight. He walked to his room, confidently striding. The sword in seemed to comfort him, perhaps because he felt sure of himself when he had it. The sword amplified his magic, never failing him.

One foot back, one foot forward. Sword unsheathed. Step. Put weight forward, thrust. Regain balance. Step backwards, slash in a half-moon arc. Jump sideways, defend. Jump up, slash downwards. Land. Hands, feet together. Spread feet, hand out, slash diagonally in continuous motions, forming loops. And so he practised.

He was towelling his hair when he looked outside. There was lightning but no rain. He summoned the Rashinban and began to chant, " O Imperial King of Gods, thy divinity watches all four corners. Metal, Wood, Water, Wind, Earth, O Imperial Thunder and Lightning. Revolve thy flashing bolt of lightning. I demand thee!!"
A dot of light revolved on the compass, wavering until it finally settled. A greenish light shot out of the balcony.

He couldn't sleep. He already felt shamed for his reaction when he saw her earlier this night. Now he couldn't get rid of the image of what he saw later into the night. He pulled his pillow from under him and tried to suffocate himself. Didn't work. Self-preservation kicked in. He heaved and then proceeded to stare at the ceiling. He didn't sleep at all that night.


Rashinban- Clow Card detecting compass, similar to the ones used for Fung Shui.


Authors Notes:
Notice how I kept Mother capitalized, I'm making it a title. I'm trying to emphasise the respect Syaoran has for her. He seems to be from an old-fashioned family. Utter respect and obedience for your elders is an absolute must. (You could see from CCS Movie 1.)
From my knowledge, Chinese human magic is used spiritually mainly; ghost tracking and demon banishing. Sometimes there are fighting techniques that use magic. I don't recall it being used for personal use other than fortune telling. Of course, Chinese movies and novels don't count much for knowledge.
Apology for making Sakura very clueless in this chapter, well she is kind of. Remember how many times Syaoran had to try to confess to her? Most people would have understood by then...
Hopefully this would redeem myself to those who didn't like the last chapter.
I might change the category of the story to general. I want to be able to make a mixture of elements in this story.

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a feedback hungry monster. Seeing my poor story receive so little reviews while I kill myself from writing is making me sad. I've been planning to finish my story at most by the end of this summer but little inspiration means slower output. Never mind, just enjoy the story. Sorry for bugging you with my problems. Sigh, self-pity in session.

Okay, I really am going to take a small break from this story now. (Probably won't be true.)

March 19 2001, Christine Chan aka Kinomoto Sakura of Ffnet