Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Sakura - Altered World ❯ Sakura's Endless Day ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Card Captor Sakura - Altered World
Card Captor Sakura - Altered World

Notes: This fanfic will be S+S, and will deal with more mature concepts later on. Read at your own risk. I'm poor; don't sue. I don't own CCS at all.

After I wrote this thing I realised this was pretty much filler. Blah, this is what happens when you don't plan things... I wasn't going to post it but I didn't want to waste several hours of work. This one is pretty much boring like Chapter 2, maybe even more so, little character development... you might want to skip this one.

Chapter 4: Sakura's Endless Day

Gong. Gong. Gong. The bell from the clock tower of Sakura's elementary school resonated throughout the town. Sakura immediately woke and sat up in her bed. Her clock read 12:00. She turned her head towards her window, in the direction of where the sound was coming from.
"Why is there a bell ringing so late at night? Where is it coming from?" complained Cerberus blearily as he woke from his position beside Sakura on her bed.
"It's the bell from the school I used to attend when I was younger," Sakura said as she got up from her bed to look out her window, "It's not supposed to go off after 5 pm."
"Aren't you mad?" asked Cerberus as he flew beside her.
"But the bell has never been broken," she said and returned to gazing out the window.
Gong. Gong. Gong.

"I'm late!"
"You couldn't sleep well since you woke up from the bell, right? Well, time to finish my game," said Cerberus between yawns.
"Ah! There's a math test today! I'm leaving," said Sakura as she ran out of her room and slammed the door behind her.
"Study hard," said Cerberus and then turned to the TV screen, "Well then. WOAH! NO SAVES!"

Sakura was staring at her math text, occasionally glancing at the classroom door nervously. Formulas swirled in her head and her eyes contracted to tiny circles.
"Hoooeee..."
"Sakura-chan? How are you doing?"
"Uh, Tomoyo-chan? I don't think I know what I'm doing..."
"It'll be okay because you're Sakura-chan."
"Thank you, Tomoyo-chan."
"Okay, books off. Pencils and calculators out," said the teacher as he entered the classroom. He reached his desk, put down his suitcase and began pulling out test papers.
Sakura uneasily glanced at Tomoyo. Tomoyo mouthed good luck and made a motion telling her to relax. The teacher handed Sakura her test paper and she began to write.

"Sakura-chan, how did you think you did?" said Tomoyo. It was after school and they were sitting on the steps outside the building. A soccer game was taking place in front of them.
"Well... a few of my answers are different from yours, otherwise I think I did well. Thank you Tomoyo-chan for telling me to relax, I think I would have done a lot worse if it weren't for you. I wished I studied more though."
"Oh?"
Syaoran was walking pass the stairs with holding a textbook in front of his facing. He seemed to be totally concentrated in the book.
"I wonder why Li-kun is studying so hard? He's good at a lot of subjects, isn't he?"
"There's a language test tomorrow. It seems that Li-kun is having some problems writing Japanese, being a transfer student. Walking around like that is dangerous though..."
"I wonder if Li-kun came from Hong Kong on his own."
"Come to think of it, he never did mention his family."
"Watch out!"
A soccer ball swerved straight towards Syaoran's face. Syaoran looked up, jumped and kicked it reflexively. It went straight into the goal.
"How splendid," said Tomoyo returning her gaze to Sakura from the soccer net.
"Amazing," agreed Sakura.
The students around the area gave gasps of admiration and started clapping. Syaoran raised his head, being slightly surprised.
"Li-kun, that was an amazing shot," shouted Takashi.
Syaoran smiled.

In Sakura's room there were the sounds of a pencil scratching, pages being turned, grunts from Cerberus, and videogame music playing.
"I did it! I'll make sure that I've saved it today! Save... save..." said Cerberus as he pressed a few buttons on the controller to get to the save menu.
"I did it! I think I understand it now!" exclaimed Sakura from her desk.
"Hey, aren't you done with that math test now?" questioned Cerberus as he watched Sakura happily close her math text.
"Yeah, but Father said it was good for me to go over the parts where I didn't do so well."
"It's just like your Father to give you good advice like that!"
"I'll get Tomoyo to help me study tomorrow too."
"All right! Tomorrow is the last stage!"

Sakura's clock clicked, both of its arms were at twelve. Far away, at Tomoeda Elementary School, the wheels of the clock were grinding against each other. Rapidly, the arms of the clock began to move counter-clockwise.

"No way! No way! I'm sure I saved it! You saw me save it, didn't you?"
"Did I? Today I have... umm... I'm late!!! I'm going"
Sakura ran out her bedroom door and slammed it behind her.
"Why?! Why?! Why?!" cried Cerberus as he wept over his hard work lost.

"Sakura, did you study hard for our math test?" asked Tomoyo from beside her, noticing that Sakura wasn't breaking a sweat.
"Huh?"
"You didn't forget about the test, did you?"
"Didn't we do the test yesterday?" said Sakura in confusion.
"Sakura, are you getting nervous?" asked Tomoyo in concern.
"No, that's not it!" said Sakura burying her head into her arms that were lying on her desk.
"Okay, books off. Pencils and calculators out," said the teacher as he entered the classroom. He reached his desk, put down his suitcase and began pulling out test papers.
Sakura glanced at Tomoyo. Tomoyo mouthed good luck and made a motion telling her to relax. The teacher handed Sakura her test paper and she began to write.

"Déjà vu?"
"Yes, it's like when you go to somewhere for the first time and feel that you've been there before. When you talk to a person and feel like if you already had that conversation," answered Tomoyo.
"I remember everything very well though. Like that boy who just scored a shot! It really is the same!" said Sakura trying to prove the abnormality of the day.
"What do you mean?"
"It's exactly like yesterday! After this a stray soccer ball will be coming towards Li-kun and he'll hit it straight into the goal."
"He really is coming this way."
"Huh? He's not studying?"
Syaoran walked up towards them and asked, "Don't you think it's strange?"
"Huh?" said Sakura.
"There was a math test today when there was one yesterday," explained Syaoran.
Sakura immediately stood from her seat on the stairs and gasped.
"It seems that only you and I realise that we are repeating yesterday. It's the work of a Clow Card."
"What?"
"Can't you feel the presence of the card?" said Syaoran as Sakura became saddened in her failure. Syaoran walked passed her and pointed beyond the school grounds to the clock tower, "The card is over there."
"Watch out!"
Syaoran jumped and deflected the ball; it went straight into the goal.
"It's a bit different from yesterday..." said Sakura.

"It looks very good on you," commented Tomoyo as she filmed Sakura in a new costume.
"What is it?" asked Sakura.
"I had the image of a fairly flying freely in the sky."
Sakura moaned in her misfortune.
"Sakura, I'm impressed that you know where the card is," said Cerberus as he flew in front of Tomoyo's camera that was focused on the tower.
"That was..." said Sakura.
"Okay, camera is ready," interrupted Tomoyo.
"Alright! Let's go!" exclaimed Cerberus.
Sakura flew on her staff, with Cerberus, headed in the direction of the tower. She circled the tower and slowed. Her eyes narrowed in concentration. She began to see the glow that the tower was emitting. I got it. I can sense the Clow Card. She swooped towards the clock. The clock glowed became stronger suddenly as the distance between her and her destination decreased. An aura passed over her and time slowed.
"What is happening?" she asked Cerberus.
"The passing of time has been slowed."
Everything stopped and then events began to flow backwards. Sakura found herself being filmed by Tomoyo again.
"Kero-chan, this is?"
"It's Time."
"Time?"
"It's the card of time. It can control the flow of time freely."
"Okay, camera is ready," said Tomoyo.

"People with no magic can't tell if they are being manipulated by time," said Cerberus, explaining Tomoyo's behaviour as they were flying once again to the tower.
"Time had to play with the biggest clock in town," said Cerberus, feeling a bit annoyed.
"Then he's going to turn back time to yesterday again?"
"The power to reverse a day can be only used once everyday. It can only be done at midnight."
"Midnight..." trailed Sakura as she glanced at the clock. The little hand was at near twelve, and the big hand was at nine.
"If the clock strikes 12 then Time reverses the today..."
"We'll have to do today again then."
"Hoe! Another math test!" cried Sakura, sweating.
"My life and death battle again! Hurry and seal it!"
"But what if it stops time again..."
"We've got to capture it before it does!"
They swerved towards the tower, increasing their speed. The big hand on the clock began to rapidly accelerate.
"What is this?" asked Sakura.
"No good. It's speeding up time!"
"HOE!"
The big hand reached twelve. Gong. Gong. Gong. And time began to flow backwards.

"It looks very good on you."
"You had the image of a fairy, right?" said Sakura, hanging in depression.
"That's right! That's great! I'm so glad you understand."
"It's really awful to repeat the same day three times. When can I get to the final stage?" said an exhausted Cerberus.
"Really?! I had to take the same test three times!" said Sakura, almost collapsing onto the ground.
"What are you doing?" said a male voice.
"Li-kun! Is your face okay?" Sakura inquired about his bandaged nose.
Syaoran looked down in embarrassment and then sweatdropped.
"It hit him when he just turned around..." recalled Tomoyo.
"But it still went in!" said Sakura.
"It was really impressive," commented Tomoyo.
Syaoran's fist clenched and he burst out, pointing at the tower, "Time is merging with the tower! If you destroy the tower with attack magic, the Time will revert into a card."
"You can't do that," said Tomoyo in distress.
"Why not?" asked a peeved Syaoran.
"Everyone in town relies on this clock. We can't just destroy it," answered Sakura.
Syaoran walked in front of her and said, "So is it okay to leave the card like that?"
"No, but we can't destroy the clock..."
Syaoran brought his hand to his chin and pondered, "If you're not willing to destroy it then we have to get close to the clock without it noticing us. It's in the clock tower. If you use magic to fly there, it'll be able to sense you."

Glass shattered as Syaoran jumped through the window.
"Li-kun!" shouted Sakura.
"You!" shouted Cerberus simultaneously with Sakura.
"Hurry up and use the Shield card!" ordered Syaoran.
"Oh Shield, protect me from the power of Time. Shield!"
Spheres formed around them, and Time released his magic on them. A greenish aura was surrounding the area but they found themselves able to move.
"All right! Time's power can't penetrate Shield," exclaimed Cerberus.
"It's running away!" shouted Syaoran as Time began to retreat through the top of the tower. They ran up the stairs and Time was in between two pillars. Syaoran quickly unsheathed his sword and chanted, "Thunder descend!" An ofuda on each pillar glowed and emitted lightning between them, electrocuting Time.
"You were ready for this?" asked Sakura. Syaoran smiled slightly.
"Sakura! Hurry!"
"Return to thy true form which thou be! Clow Card!"
Time reverted into a card and Sakura held out her hand. It passed her hand and flew into Syaoran's. Syaoran smirked slightly at her.
"Why?" asked a confused Sakura.
"The card belongs to the person that turns it back," answered Cerberus.
"But I captured it!"
"He's the one the stilled Time's power. I hate to admit it but Time belongs to him."
"Can't be..."
Syaoran continued to smirk, card in hand. He suddenly blinked for a few seconds as if he was remembering something and his face went neutral. He walked over to Tomoyo.
"I have something to discuss with you."

"What are you thinking?"
"I don't understand what are you saying," said Tomoyo innocently.
"Her outfit is very revealing... bare shoulders, no straps, and shorts higher than mid-thigh underneath her skirt..." stuttered Syaoran while flushing at the memory.
"Hmm... I thought you said that you weren't a pervert..." said Tomoyo.
"Shut up! You know what I mean. What are you playing? Trying to distract me so that I'll get killed?"
"Well you were looking for a long time, weren't you?"
"I-I thought you weren't looking..."
"Well, you are getting better," said Tomoyo, smiling sweetly.
Suddenly he realised it. She was testing him. Bitch. He glared at her and turned around to head home. Good thing that she didn't know that the first night he had saw the girl in the outfit, he was rendered completely helpless throughout the battle until it was too late to execute his plan.
Suddenly images popped into his head, and he closed his eyes with a sigh. He felt too tired to resist fiercely this time.


Author's Notes:
MY FOREVER GRATITUTE TO YOU REVIEWERS!!! I have restored my faith, thanks to you. Major huggles to everyone!
As for interlude, frankly I wasn't planning to do a serious scene until MUCH later. I'm kind of glad I did. It really alarmed me when one of my reviewers said Syaoran was acting idiotic in the fic (Sorry, but it does...). I never meant Syaoran to be an idiot in this fic. I was just trying to amuse myself really. Somehow there's something really amazing about the interlude; I can't explain. I guess it's my favourite part now. It made me a bit ashamed that I messed with Syaoran's mind, well at least when I was writing it. I'm a bit surprised that I wrote it as a whole. It was very inspiring to write it, I'm might add a serious scene once in while because of it.
I've realised that I'm having problems planning this thing. Smacks forehead repeatedly. I really should have thought of everything before I began writing this thing. I tend to head face forward into things. Right now, I'm researching on Japanese schools and such.
I'm sorry but I have to slow down a bit. It's way beyond tiring to write a whole chapter almost everyday with school. I'll try to do one every other day since I have lots of spares on those days. As for everyone who's telling me to finish the story... jaw drops. I just starting writing the thing... and I'm just finished writing episode 12 of 70...
I'm not going to rush this thing, or else it'll turn out bad.
As for my big plan for this story, I'm starting to lose sleep just planning it. In fact I could be napping instead of writing this chapter. This is how bad this story is taking over my life. I don't think I'll be able to live with myself if I don't finish this story. LOL.
I shall now begin writing a new chapter to make up for a crappy filler.

March 21, 2001, Christine Chan aka Kinomoto Sakura of Ffnet