Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Sakura - Altered World ❯ Sakura and the Fighting Exchange Student ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Card Captor Sakura - Altered World
Card Captor Sakura - Altered World

Notes: This fanfic will be S+S, and will deal with more mature concepts later on. Read at your own risk. I'm poor; don't sue. I don't own CCS at all.


Chapter 6: Sakura and the Fighting Exchange Student

"Hey, Sakura. Wow, aren't you up early today?" said Cerberus as he flew in circles in the air. Sakura sat up on her bed, combing her hair and her packed book bag lay beside her bedpost. She was currently still in her pyjamas.
Sakura laughed heartily and replied, "Today is a beginning of a new term and I want to see everyone again."
"Well, you look healthy. I thought you were going to catch a cold after falling into the water yesterday."
"I'm fine but Li-kun…"

"Watch out!"
Sakura had finally caught Move, but unfortunately she was about to fall into the pond. Syaoran jumped over the fencing and reached out his hand for her. He didn't make and it he slid down the soft mud. And landed quite nicely in the pond, onto Sakura's lap. His cheeks flared and he scrambled off her quickly.
"At this rate you'll catch a cold," said a worried Tomoyo, looking at Sakura's soaked form.
"How about coming to my place? It isn't too far away," suggested Syaoran while carefully looking away from Sakura.

"Here you can borrow a shirt of mine," Syaoran said while handing her a neatly folded green t-shirt.
"Thank you, Li-kun," Sakura said gratefully and walked into the bathroom.
It was the first time Sakura had been in his apartment. There was this sense of strange tidiness around the place. The tables were devoid of objects. Everything was placed systematically. The walls were a plain white. The apartment radiated with a strong atmosphere. Emptiness. Something that she didn't understand completely. She had always been surrounded by friends and family. It gave a sense that she was truly alive because there were people she could share her joys and sorrows with. Emptiness, and he was within it all.
"Are you done yet? Is something wrong?" called Syaoran from outside.
"Err, I'll be out in a second!" she said sheepishly and began to changed her clothing.

Sakura walked out the bathroom in Syaoran's shirt. Her pants were still wet of course but there was nothing that could be done about that.
There was some knocking on the door and Syaoran unlocked it. The door to Syaoran's apartment burst open and Syaoran jumped back instinctively just in time to avoid being squashed behind it.
"Hello Syaoran!!!" said a Chinese girl teenager with her hair done in buns at the sides of her head. She jumped and latched onto Syaoran with great precision.
"Syaoran! I missed you so much!" said the mysterious girl.
"Meiling. Meiling, what are you doing here?" said a somewhat shocked Syaoran.
"Oh you have guests," said Meiling, finally diverting her attention from Syaoran. Her eyes narrowed at Sakura.
"Why are there girls here? Why is she wearing your shirt?" she asked suspiciously.
"Err… I fell into a pond and Syaoran lent me his shirt," said Sakura in embarrassment.
"Syaoran, why are you being so nice to other girls for?" complained Meiling.
"Err, I…" said Syaoran trying to come up with something.
"Doesn't matter. Out with you two, I need to talk to Syaoran," said Meiling, while shoving Tomoyo and Sakura out the apartment.

"I wonder who was that girl…" pondered Cerberus.
"I don't know…" replied Sakura.
"Sakura-san, your lunch is done!" called Sakura's father from below.
"Okay! I have to get going, Kero-chan!" Sakura said while changing top speed. She grabbed her book bag and was about to run out the door but Cerberus interrupted her. "You have to take this don't you?" he said while handing her a shirt.
"Oh right! Thanks Kero-chan!" she said while grabbing the shirt and ran out the door.
"Ah well," said Cerberus and switched on the television to continue his latest video game.

"Good morning, Sakura-chan," greeted Tomoyo.
"Good morning, Tomoyo-chan," replied Sakura.
"Did you catch a cold?" asked Tomoyo.
"No," Sakura replied and noticed the vacant seat behind her, "Where's Li-kun?"
"He is not here yet."
"I hope he is okay."
Syaoran trudged into the classroom at that moment. He looked extremely tired and there were bags under his eyes. His skin was several shades paler that usual. He sat down wearily into his seat.
"Li-kun, thank you for yesterday," said Sakura while placing the shirt on his desk.
"Oh…" he said rather impassively.
"Are you okay? You look kind of pale," asked Sakura with concern.
"Ye… Yeah…" he replied. The home form teacher took this moment to enter into the classroom.
"Let's begin home form. From today on, we'll begin the second term. I hope you all did your summer vacation homework," said the teacher.
"And also, we have a new student. Come in please," said the teacher.
The Chinese girl that burst into Syaoran's apartment walked into the classroom smugly.
Syaoran cringed and lowered his head so that she wouldn't see him.
"That is the girl from yesterday," whispered Tomoyo.
"Let me introduce to you…" trailed the Teacher.
Meiling scanned the students of the classroom and finally spotted Syaoran. She stalked over him and whined, "Syaoran! You're so mean! I told you that I'll walk with you to school!"
Syaoran ducked further down in embarrassment, noting that everyone was watching.
"Err, in any case. This is Li Meiling. She transferred from Hong Kong. She is Syaoran's cousin," said the teacher while writing her name on the blackboard.
Sakura turned around and said to Syaoran, "Oh she's your cousin?"
Meiling fumed and placed herself between Sakura and Syaoran speedily. She gripped onto him and announced, "Syaoran is MY fiancé, don't lay your hands on him!"
There was a stunned silence and murmuring began to course throughout the classroom. The female whispers seemed to sound pretty upset and disappointed. The male population of the class seemed to rejoice even though it was clear that Syaoran had no interest.
"Hoeee. Fiancé?" wondered Sakura in amazement.
"N… No…" said Syaoran trying to get his voice through Meiling's death grip.
"It's true!" shouted Meiling and proceeded to grip Syaoran tighter. Syaoran choked and his face began to turn blue from lack of oxygen.

"I was so surprised! All of a sudden, she said he's my fiance, don't touch him!" commented Sakura. She was sitting with her friends at lunchtime discussing about event that had her school gossiping.
"But somehow, Li-kun looked really miserable," pondered Naoko.
"Really?" asked Rika.
"Hey! Takashi!" called Chiharu, motioning her boyfriend to come over.
"Hey, that looks good," said Takashi looking at Chiharu's lunchbox.
"Yamazaki-kun, are you eating lunch?" asked Rika noticing his empty hands.
"Yeah, I was about to go the cafeteria with Li-kun but…" trailed Takashi, glancing at the side.
"Syaoran! I made lunch for both of us! Look! Let's eat together," said Meiling while raising two boxes of lunch wrapped together to his face.
"Meiling, come here for a second."
"What? What's the matter?" asked Meiling; placing the lunch on the bench that Syaoran was sitting on. She began to unwrap it.
"Meiling!"
"What is it?" she asked, fully giving her attention to him now.
"We're at school."
"Yeah, that's why I'm using boxes instead of plates and bowls," she said and resumed setting up lunch.
"That's not what I meant!"
"Oh, you still don't like konnyaku. Don't worry I didn't put any in there."
"That's not what I meant…"
"I made your favourite shrimp dumplings too."
"Hey! Listen to me!"
Meiling used her chopsticks and placed some food into Syaoran's open mouth and smiled.
"Here you go. I'm good at cooking, aren't I?"
Syaoran chewed for a moment and with a thoughtful expression, replied, "You're okay."
Then he remembered and regained his anger, "I mean, why did you follow me to Japan?"
"Because, no matter how long I wait, you won't come home."
"I told you already! I'll come home when I finish getting the Clow Cards."
"But didn't you tell me that someone else is gathering the Clow Cards too?"
"I explained everything to you yesterday! That's…"
Meiling turned and glared at Sakura, "It's her that's gathering the cards right?"
Sakura shivered.
"What's wrong, Sakura-chan?" asked Tomoyo.
"I felt this sudden chill," replied Sakura, wrapping her hands around herself for warmth.
"Because of that, it'll take more time to gather the cards. You should go back home," said Syaoran.
"All right then! In order not to lose to that girl, I'll help you! With our strengths combined, we'll be unbeatable! Totally invincible! Ohohohohohohohoho!"
Syaoran buried his faced into his hands.

"So she is the kid's fiancée."
"It was strange. She kept staring at me all the time."
"Did you do anything to her Sakura?"
"Dinner's ready!" called Sakura's father from below.
"Okay! We're having a big dinner tonight! Wait here and I'll bring some to you."
"Yay!" said Cerberus happily.

After dinner, she walked upstairs and brought desert to Cerberus. She switched on her television as Cerberus joyfully began to attack his pudding with a spoon.
"Another martial artist has been attacked and injured," announced the newscaster.
"Hoee?"
"The victim is a judo expert of the third rank. The suspect is a girl who wears strange clothing. It appears to be some sort of challenge. Caution is advised to all martial arts experts."
"Strange clothing?"

Sakura sweatdropped and drooped. She was in yet another costume. She was standing on the bridge above the pond that she had previously fallen in.
"What's with that face? Come on and get the card, will ya?" said Cerberus full of energy.
"Kero-chan is very energetic today," commented Tomoyo.
"The dessert for tonight was especially good," explained Sakura.
"It's here. I sense the Clow Card," said Cerberus.
"I sense it too."
"So the strangely clothed girl that attacks martial artist experts is a…" said Tomoyo.
"A Clow Card," finished a new voice.
"Meiling-chan!" Sakura exclaimed, identifying the newcomer.
"This girl? She's the kid's fiancée?"
"You came to look for the cards too, didn't you?" said Meiling.
"Then you too…" trailed Sakura.
"I'll defeat it and hand it over to Syaoran. The cards belong to Syaoran," Meiling said forcefully.
"What?! I won't let you do that! Sakura is the only Card Captor that I approved of," said Cerberus.
"What is this? A stuffed doll?" Meiling said while grabbing Cerberus.
"Let go of me!"
"Kero-chan is the Beast of Seal of the Clow Cards," answered Sakura insistently.
Meiling let go of Cerberus and looked at it incredulously.
"You mean that bath sponge is the actually the guardian of the Clow Cards?"
"Come at me and say that to my face, you little brat!" yelled Cerberus taking a fighting pose.
"Hmph. Well you may have the Beast of Seal but Syaoran has me. Syaoran wins," Meiling said cockily and raised her head.
There was a rush of water from the pond. A female figure in blue landed onto the pavement. She dove at Sakura and Meiling. They jumped to the side hastily.
"That is the card Fight. It's a combative card, so it nature is to find opponents to test its skill," Cerberus informed Sakura.
"But I can't fight," said Sakura in panic as she watched Fight form a stance.
"Fight chose to challenge that girl," said Cerberus pointing at Meiling.
Meiling smiled and put up a stance, "All right then. Bring it on!"
The card dashed at Meiling with her fist forward. Meiling blocked the attack and knocked Fight's arm to the side. Using her other hand, Meiling punched towards Fight. Fight moved its torso to the side and barely avoided the attack. Meiling began to repeatedly punch the card, and the Fight hand no choice but to block all the punches. Pushing back Fight and having an opening, Meiling roundhouse kicked the card and sent it backwards flying into pavement.
"Wow, that's awesome," said Sakura in amazement at Meiling's skill.
"You don't even have these simple skills and you want to capture all the cards?" Meiling said and moved towards Sakura. Sakura looked down.
"Syaoran will definitely catch all the cards, since you are so worthless," continued Meiling.
Suddenly Fight jumped in between the two. Sakura jumped backwards and backed away. Meiling spread apart her legs. She leaned forward and put up her fists. Fight did a similar stance.
"Was that not enough for you?" Meiling said and jumped into air with her leg pointed at Fight. Fight grabbed onto her ankle and spun around, throwing her to the side. Meiling flew to the pavement. Fight launched itself into the air. Meiling pushed herself up slightly with one arm.
"Watch out!" Sakura cried helplessly.
As Fight's foot was about to land on Meiling's stomach, a figure jump kicked Fight, pushing the card into the water.
"Syaoran," called Meiling as she raised herself from the ground.
"Meiling, didn't I tell you not to come!" yelled Syaoran.
"Bu… but…"
"You followed her, didn't you?" Syaoran said while pointing at Sakura.
"Oh so the girl can't tell where the card is by herself. She has no magical powers then. It's rare for people in the Li family to have no magic," said Cerberus.
"That's…"
"Meiling! The search for Clow Cards is not a game! Dangerous situations happen!" continued Syaoran.
"I was just careless…"
"Carelessness might cost you your life! Go home now!"
"Syaoran…"
A spout of water rushed up from behind them. Fight approached Meiling in the air, with its foot extended.
"Meiling!" Syaoran shouted and pushed Meiling to the side. He received the blow in his stomach and was pushed back to the fence.
"Syaoran! Syaoran!"
"Li-kun!"
Meiling ran to Syaoran's side and looked at Syaoran in anxiety. He slowly raised himself from the fenced. He wrapped his arms around the fence for support.
"I'm sorry, because of me…" Meiling said and raised her tearstained face to Syaoran.
"Do… Don't cry…" comforted Syaoran, obviously in a lot of pain.
Meiling turned towards the card furiously, "You hurt Syaoran!"
"Don't go near," said Syaoran helplessly as Meiling began to attack the card.
"Are you okay?" asked Sakura as she approached Syaoran.
"Ye…Yeah."
"Meiling is strong…" commented Sakura as Meiling blocked a punch and delivered a kick to the card.
"But can she win against a Clow Card?" wondered Syaoran worriedly.
Meiling was on the defence now and blocking all the punches that Fight was throwing at her. She was definitely not going to get an opening. Fight's fist slammed into her gut and she doubled over.
"Meiling! What should I do, at this rate Meiling will…" trailed Sakura.
"Turn it back into a card as soon as possible!" said Syaoran.
"How do I do that?"
"For Fight, you have defeat it in combat," said Cerberus.
"But it's not possible for me to. I can't fight at all…" said Sakura in distress.
"But there is no other way," said Cerberus watching Meiling slam into the ground from a throw.
"No!" cried Sakura.
"It's like that time with Power…" commented Tomoyo. Sakura's eyes widened at the words.
Syaoran got up from the fence and was approaching the playground where Meiling was fighting.
"Me… Meiling!" Syaoran yelled as Fight knocked Meiling onto the ground with a kick to the chest. Meiling didn't get up.
"Wait, Li-kun leave it to me," said Sakura as she moved in front of him, "Harbour all strength into this wand! Power!"
Just as Fight was about to slam a leg down on Meiling, Sakura cried out, "Wait!"
Fight noticed her and decided that it had a new foe to test its strength. Fight charged at her and Sakura dodged to the side. She ran backwards from the card, as it continued to chase, occasionally throwing punches and kicks. Then it disappeared.
"Sakura, behind you!" yelled Cerberus as the card neatly landed from its flip.
Sakura helplessly raised her staff and closed her eyes fearfully. She slammed it down on Fight, as it was just about to reach her. Sakura opened her eyes. The card laid in a crumpled heap at her feet.
"Now!" said Cerberus, snapping Sakura out of her daze.
"Return to thy form which thou should be! Clow Card!"
"Are you okay, Meiling?" asked Syaoran as he pulled Meiling's arm over his shoulder to support her.
"Syaoran… She got the card…" Meiling trailed with half-lidded eyes.
"It's okay, let's just get you home," he said gently as he lifted her into his arms.
Sakura watched Syaoran as he slowly walked away, carrying his injured fiancée.

Author's Notes:
Thanks to all who answered the poll! Kinda confused me though.
Hmm, 6 people don't want me to stick to the original CCS… (Makes a face) Kinda hard to do since I have to get Sakura to gather all the cards, Final Judgement, and turn all the cards to Sakura cards or else I think the plot would be very messed up.
And for those who wish me to work on the plot… How do I improve it? As I said the things above should happen, what else is there to do? (If you mean something else email me No threats to hurry up with the next chapters please, just kidding.
Wowie, I didn't realise Chapter 5 was that bad… Okay I admit it was quite bad since I was tired while writing it (6 hrs of sleep a day does you no good). I admit I didn't get the tingly bits of inspiration while writing it that I usually do when I write these chapters.
I'm kind of surprised that no one voted Interlude 1 as the best chapter; I really liked that one. I'm not exactly sure that people voted Interlude 2 for best chapter because of S+S mush or actually because of character development. I'd prefer it if it was for the character development. ^^ The sudden jump of reviews got me kinda worried, are you liking this for what it is or because of S+S mush? (I've seen fics get reviews just because of S+S and I don't want that…)
Oh err, Sakura, the content of the tape is actually described in chapter 7 (though not in great detail because I didn't want to turn this into hentai. LOL)
Sorry for the delay for this chapter but I decided to buy 10 volumes of Inuyasha and I read them all. I love Kouga!(though not as much as Inuyasha) Bwahhaha! Inuyasha and Kouga swearing and insulting/fighting wars! Hope my manga store comes in with volume 20 soon… and I wish to save money to buy CCS manga… (12 volumes for $165 Canadian ($105 US), eyes swirl, must cut down on lunch spending again… and I thought I was crazy for spending $130 on Inuyasha manga).Also when I writing this I began to feel slightly light headed. Sleep deprivation really does you no good. Yet I couldn't sleep because I didn't finish this delayed chapter… Oh well. Sorry if the last half sucked because I was too tired writing it.

April 1, 2001, Christine Chan aka Kinomoto Sakura of Ffnet