Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Sakura - Altered World ❯ Sakura and the Wonderful Teacher ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Card Captor Sakura - Altered World
Card Captor Sakura - Altered World

Notes: This fanfic will be S+S, and will deal with more mature concepts later on. Read at your own risk. I'm poor; don't sue. I don't own CCS at all.
*Grammer and spelling fixed.


Chapter 7: Sakura and the Wonderful Teacher
Sakura roller bladed around the corner at full speed, which was usually only seen during the morning, when she had often just made it to class in time. She zipped past a woman, almost ramming into her shopping bags.
"Sorry," she called and the woman gave her annoyed glare. She continued to skid around a corner and hurried home.
"Ah! I can't believe forgot that I have to make dinner tonight!" she said between deep gasps of breath caused by exertion. Just as she skated around another corner, a young boy was walking and eating some chocolate, creating a mess of himself. She swerved to the left of him in barely enough time to not collide into him and threw herself off balance. She teetered for a few seconds and just as she thought she was going to plant her face into the ground a hand caught hers and steadied her. Sakura raised her head to see a sophisticated woman. She had smooth straight red hair which was highlighted orange in the sun. She took off her glasses and revealed pretty red eyes.
Wow, she is so beautiful….
"Are you okay?" asked the mysterious woman.
"Ye… Yes! Thank you very much!"
She closed her eyes and gave Sakura a dazzling smile.
"Your welcome, be more careful next time. I'll see you tomorrow," she said and turned around with a swish of her hair. She walked away with her hair gently swaying back and forth.
"Hoe? Tomorrow?" wondered Sakura, gazing at the diminishing figure with a puzzled face.

Heave. I can't run anymore. Heave. One more step. Heave. I need air. Heave. Just open the door...
"Good morning!" shouted Sakura as she knocked the door aside with much force.
"You're safe, Sakura," said Tomoyo as Sakura put her hand against the doorframe for support.
"The teacher is not here yet," said Chiharu, watching Sakura take deep breaths.
"Thank goodness," said Sakura happily, regaining her breath.
"Just almost," said a male voice from behind her. Sakura jumped.
"Ahaha… Good morning, sensei," said Sakura in embarrassment. She rushed to her seat. Her classmates ignored the scene, they were used to it by now.
"I have an announcement for today, Your English teacher, Miss Nagai, is taking a long vacation break. So, from today on, you'll have a substitute english teacher."
A graceful woman entered the classroom; the same woman that saved Sakura from getting acquainted the ground the other day. She turned and faced the students.
"My name is Mizuki Kaho, nice to meet you," the new teacher said while smiling prettily.
The person from yesterday… Sakura speculated how the newcomer knew that they would meet again as she used her elbows to prop herself up and watched Kaho with wonder.
"She is pretty, isn't she?" whispered Tomoyo from beside her. Sakura numbly nodded. From behind her, Syaoran's eyebrows drew together and he glared at Kaho.

"What about Mizuki-sensei?" asked Sakura innocently.
"You couldn't sense it?" said Syaoran with his usual slightly cross face.
"Sense what?"
"Syaoran! There you are!" cried a voice that Syaoran knew all too well. She looked at Syaoran and Sakura, alternating between them. She gave Sakura a glare that made her wince and then settled on Syaoran.
"Meiling," said Syaoran acknowledging her presence. His face seemed to say, what do you want with me now?
"You promised to each lunch with me, remember?" said Meiling, grabbing onto his arm to drag him away.
'He… Hey wait a second, we've just started talking," said Syaoran, resisting Meiling's efforts.
"What did you start talking about?" said Meiling, finally ceasing her efforts, but her arms were still wrapped possessively around Syaoran's.
"It's about Mizuki-sensei," answered Tomoyo.
"What is this? Why are you leaving out of this?" Meiling whined and threw a tantrum.
"No! I didn't forget about you!" said Syaoran, his tone edged with annoyance.
"Then what?" asked Meiling as she pouted.
"That teacher has quite a powerful aura, are you sure you didn't sense it? It's best to be careful around her," Syaoran explained.
"That's going to be a problem."
"Mizuki-sensei!" exclaimed Sakura as she turned around to see the teacher.
Kaho calmly walked up to Syaoran and said, "You're Li Syaoran-san, right? I am your new English teacher. You'll be in trouble if you don't pay attention in class. Isn't that right, Daidouji Tomoyo-san?
"Yes."
"And also Li Meiling-san, and you're Kinomoto Sakura-san," Kaho said, facing the students one by one.
"Ye… Yes! Thank you for helping me yesterday!"
"We meet again," said Kaho, moving close to Sakura for a moment and then turned around and walked away.

Syaoran was sitting under a tree by himself while Meiling was on clean-up duty. A textbook was lying idly on his lap while he stared off in space. Whatever was on his mind wasn't pleasant, betrayed by the deep scowl on his face. He should have been felt Mizuki's presence, not let her surprise him like that. Hell, he had the most magical capacity in his family already, how was it possible? And the girl was being too trusting again, wasn't there any suspicions in her? His relationship with the girl was some sort of shaky alliance to gather the cards, but if she was so vulnerable, it threw the whole gathering of the Clow Cards into risk. He scowled deeper; he still needed the cards no matter what. Even if it wasn't for his own pride, he had promised the clan that he would bring back the cards. If he failed to, Mother would definitely not be happy at all with him. Such a thing would usurp the stability of his position as the clan's head in the future. After all, that's all what his mother cared about anyway. To have the blood of his father continue the line. What am I doing, thinking about things like this? It's not like I have a choice. He ran his hands in his hair in frustration until he reached a level of calm. Picking up his book, he began to concentrate on it to distract himself from idle thoughts.

"People say the charms from the Tsukimine shrine will grant you anything you wish for. Especially in the matters of love," said Naoko, while sweeping the classroom floor.
"Love?" said Meiling and Sakura simultaneously. Sakura looked at Meiling and blinked.
"Meiling?" asked Sakura in puzzlement and Meiling took a step backwards in mortification.
"The charms may be very effective, but my relationship with Syaoran is perfect condition, so it doesn't make a difference. OHOHOHOhoho…" said Meiling, sweating a bit.

"I didn't know that they sold love charms in this shrine," said Sakura as they approached the steps leading to the shrine.
"Naoko knows a lot about these kind of things," said Tomoyo informatively.
"Love…" trailed Sakura, clasping her hands to her chest and closing her eyes. Tomoyo frowned a bit.
"Hmm? What's wrong Tomoyo?" said Sakura with concern, her eyes opened. Tomoyo shook her head nonchalantly as if it was nothing. Sakura looked at her, baffled.
"Now let's go," Tomoyo gently pressed, not wanting to go further in the discussion.
"Okay," complied Sakura, and took few steps forward with Tomoyo. Suddenly she felt something wrong with the air. She stopped and looked around seeing only bits of sky through gaps between leaves. Leaves were scattered freely on the ground, signalling autumn. No, there was nothing wrong…
"What is wrong?" asked a concerned Tomoyo from beside her, noticing Sakura's sudden pause.
"I think I felt something…" replied Sakura, her eyes still searching the area.
"I did not feel anything," said Tomoyo.
"Must have been my imagination then," Sakura said a bit unsteadily. Tomoyo and Sakura continued to walk towards the shrine.
"That place sells the charms," said Tomoyo while pointing to a small building.
"Huh?" said Sakura, turning to the direction of where Tomoyo was pointing. There was an odd couple near the stall. The girl was dragging onto the arm of the boy while the boy was pulling backwards, resisting the girl.
"Hold on Meiling, there is something about this place…" said Syaoran, trying to shove her off him without harming her.
"In order to take our relationship to the next step, we need those charms!" said Meiling, still clinging to Syaoran like glue.
"Meiling! That's not why we came here for!" shouted Syaoran.
Meiling looked away from Syaoran and her eyes found Sakura and Tomoyo staring at them. She jumped a few feet away form Syaoran and began to sweat.
"Ki… Kinomoto! Ah this is… uh…" trailed Meiling, trying to think of a good excuse.
"Li-kun, did you feel anything when you entered the shrine?" asked Sakura, ignoring Meiling.
"You felt it too?"
"Felt what?" asked Meiling impatiently. A bell rang continuously. They looked around in puzzlement. The ground began to rumble and Meiling found green walls rising from the ground. The group found themselves in a corridor.
"What is this?" said Meiling, tense from the sudden change in their surroundings.
"But the shrine was just here…" said Sakura, in confusion.
"It was here, no doubt," said Tomoyo, reinforcing the reality of their situation.
"Where is the exit?" said Sakura in a panic.
"Hold on! Sense the area!" commanded Syaoran.
"I sense a Clow Card!"
Syaoran nodded grimly at her.
"It's most likely the card Maze," he said, studying their surroundings.
"Well, leave the rest to Syaoran. Let's get out of here quickly and buy our charms," Meiling said nonchalantly.
"It's not as easy as you think. The maze won't disappear until we find the exit for it."

"Didn't we pass here before?" asked Sakura as they walked around the corner.
"Come to think of it, it looks familiar," wondered Syaoran.
"This is strange, we should be able to walk eventually to the exit with our hands like this," said Tomoyo with her right hand pressed up against the wall.
"Li-kun, can you use your compass?" asked Sakura.
Syaoran took out the Rashinban and blue energy gathered the to centre of it. Instead of the expected ray of light, the energy burst and scattered.
"This compass is only used to look for Clow Cards," said Syaoran, while shaking his head.
"Wait, I have an idea. O Key which hides the forces of darkness, reveal thy true form before me. I, Sakura, command thee under contract. Release! Fly!" chanted Sakura, and wings formed at then end of her staff.
"I'll look for an exit with this," said Sakura kicking off, with her skirt flapping in the breeze. Syaoran suddenly found the ground very interesting…
"Look," said Tomoyo, making Syaoran raise his head to see the walls of the maze rise as Sakura elevated.
"Hoe…" said Sakura, finally giving up and landing onto the ground again.
"So there's no way to search from above," stated Syaoran, inside very thankful that he had carefully avoided another awkward situation with his wandering eyes, especially with Meiling around. I don't want Meiling to get any ideas…
"If we don't out of here soon, we can't buy the charms. This is pissing me off!" shouted Meiling as her fist landed onto the wall.
"You can't break it like that," said Syaoran calmly.
"Wait, that's right! Thank you Meiling!" said Sakura happily.
"Huh?" said Meiling in confusion.
"Cut apart the object that blocks our way! Sword!" chanted Sakura as her staff became edged. She brought it down onto the wall beside her and the wall split apart.
"It worked!" shouted Meiling in amazement. The wall became fluid and formed together, closing the gap.
"So sword doesn't work either," said Syaoran as he tapped the wall.
The ground began to rumble. Then the ground seemed to rise beneath them. Walls rised between each person, separating them. The ground began to simultaneously expand and contract throwing the group off their feet. The ground under Tomoyo began to rise several feet in the air; she looked down helplessly at Sakura. The wall between Syaoran and Sakura collapsed at that moment.
"You okay?" asked Syaoran as he ran over to Sakura.
"Tomoyo!" cried Sakura in distress, not hearing Syaoran.
"Wind descend!" cried Syaoran, taking out an ofuda. A gust of wind swept up Tomoyo and gently brought her back down to the ground.
"Are you okay?" asked Sakura while grabbing onto Tomoyo's arms.
"I'm fine," comforted Tomoyo.
"Where's Meiling?" said Syaoran frantically, looking around.
"Syaoran!"
"Meiling! Where are you!" yelled Syaoran. Then he focused upwards.
"Here! Here! Get over here quickly!" whimpered Meiling.
"Wait there. I'll save you. Wind descend," said Syaoran taking out another ofuda. The wind reached towards Meiling but from a meter away from her, it rebounded off an invisible wall.
"What happened?" asked Sakura in bewilderment.
"The space here is twisted so it couldn't reach her," Syaoran replied.
"Syaoran!"
"Meiling, wait there. I'll come for you."
"But how," questioned Tomoyo.
"We'll have to walk there," replied Syaoran grimly.

"Syaoran! Hurry!"
"Just a bit more!" replied Syaoran, heading towards a tunnel and then paused.
"If we go in there, we won't be able to see Meiling," said Tomoyo.
"But if we go in there, we can reach her," said Sakura positively.
"Meiling! We are going to enter this tunnel. I want you to count slowly, for us to follow your voice," commanded Syaoran.
"Okay."
"Let's go," said Syaoran, entering the tunnel.
"One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nin…"
"Meiling! Hey! Answer me!" yelled Syaoran in the middle of the tunnel, his voice full of worry.
"Meiling!" called Sakura.
"Where are you?" called Tomoyo.
"I told her not to move," said Syaoran, half angrily, half worriedly.
"My father must be worried. But anyway Meiling is waiting. Let's look for her," said Sakura encouragingly.
"Ye… Yeah," said Syaoran as he smiled slightly with gratitude. Not his usually cocky smile, but it was genuine, Sakura noted. Still, she had never seen him with a complete smile. The group began to run towards the exit. Syaoran looked up at where he had last seen Meiling. She was not there.
Ding. Ding. Ding.
"This sound…" trailed Sakura.
"We heard this when the maze appeared," said Syaoran. The sound of footsteps came from around the corner.
"Who's there?" said Syaoran menacingly, running in front of Sakura and Tomoyo protectively.
"Meiling!" said Syaoran, identifying the newcomer.
"Syaoran!" cried Meiling and threw herself in Syaoran's arms. Syaoran fought for breath.
"Thank goodness," said Tomoyo with relief.
"But how did you get here?" wondered Sakura.
"I was saved," said Meiling, raising her head from Syaoran's torso and loosening her grip.
"By whom?" asked Syaoran, regaining some air.
"Mizuki-sensei!" exclaimed Sakura as the longhaired woman stepped around the corner.
"I thought I felt a strange aura around our shrine. Then I look outside to see this maze. I was really shocked," Kaho said.
"Our shrine?" questioned Sakura.
"I'm the daughter of the priest of this shrine. I decided too look around just in case someone got lost in this. And then I heard Li-san's cry. Did you hear this sound?" said Kaho as she rang an odd shaped bell. They nodded.
"I was trying to warn people but I guess I was too late," explained Kaho.
"It has an interesting looking shape," commented Sakura, examining the bell.
"It's been passed down the shrine for a long time. It's late isn't it? I think we should find the exit," said Kaho, looking up at the dark sky.
"We've been looking around for a long while and we've tried many different things," said Sakura.
"Then how about this," said Kaho while tapping her bell onto the wall of the maze. Sections of the walls in the path of the bell consecutively collapsed.
"But if you break the wall, it quickly…" trailed Sakura as Kaho walked calmly into the path she made.
"Now, let's go," Kaho said, pausing a bit to look back at their shocked faces. They began to follow her out of the maze.
"The walls aren't forming back together," whispered Sakura to Syaoran.
"She has some amazing power after all," Syaoran whispered back. Meiling looked between the two suspiciously.
"Here's the exit," said Kaho as the reached the edge of the maze.
"We're out!" said Sakura happily, skipping out of the maze.
"It's starting to for another maze, turn it back to a card," commanded Syaoran as the maze began to swirl together in a mass of shapes.
"But…" trailed Sakura, looking uneasily at Kaho.
"Don't mind me."
"Um…" said Sakura, still in hesitation.
"I'll turn around," said Kaho, spinning around.
"Is that okay?" Sakura asked Syaoran. He nodded.
"Hurry, it's forming another maze!" shouted Meiling.
"O Key which hides the forces of darkness, reveal thy true form before me. I, Sakura, command thee under contract. Release! Return to thy form which thou should be! Clow Card!"
Maze reverted into a card and flew into Kaho's hand. She looked at it in puzzlement.
"Um… that is… uh…" said Sakura uneasily, approaching Kaho.
"I believe it's better for you to have it. Here," said Kaho, smiling and handing Sakura the card. Sakura looked at here gratefully.
"The charm store is closed!" whined Meiling. Sakura looked on in disappointment. Kaho reached into her pocket and handed them a love charm each.
"Thank you!" said Meiling and Sakura joyfully.
"You wanted that right?"
"How did you know?" Sakura asked Kaho.
"I just did," said Kaho, smiling a bit mysteriously, "It's late, and I hope you all will be on time for class tomorrow. So hurry home now."

"See you tomorrow," said Tomoyo as she got into a black car driven by one of her many bodyguards.
"Goodnight," said Sakura, waving as the car drove off.
"Be careful. As I thought, the teacher isn't any normal person," whispered Syaoran discreetly, as he walked passed her.
"Huh?"
"Wait for me!" cried Meiling as she ran to Syaoran and glomped onto his arm.
"See you tomorrow, Kinomoto-san. Be careful at night," said Kaho.
"Ye… Yes," replied Sakura and ran in the direction of her house.
Kaho walked up the stairs to the shrine and looked in the direction of the moon. She smiled.

Author's Notes: (Boy these are getting longer)
Writing is starting to be a problem. When I'm writing this, I keep plotting future events in my head and throw myself off track. This has always been a bad habit of mine though.
Okay maybe I wasn't so clear, I don't want to be praised JUST because of S+S. I want to be praised because it is a good story. I've seen some fics that weren't really good get more praise in a day than some good fics just because of S+S romance. I notice that S+S romances gets tons of reviews, and other types of fics have to work their way up. It makes me kind of sad.
Okay, I got pulled off of 2 favourite lists and one author alert, after of the arrival of Meiling, LOL!!! Either that or fanfiction.net is going nuts. But isn't it soo hilarious? Besides writing romance is no fun without some kind of rival. *Giggles insanely* (Anyway whether you like it or not, I feel Meiling is a crucial character to CCS.)
It's kind of hard to get into Sakura's head because she has no mask. I've thought of only trying to get into the minds of the double-sided characters (cuz it's interesting). Maybe later, when I get a proper grasp of Sakura.
Thanks to Nimbus Rey for writing me a nice email though I am slightly curious to as why you never wrote a review… (Sorry I like ego boosts. LOL)
"Dimensions" by "the MOUSE" IS very very beautiful. I suggest you read it. Especially if you feel like mush. Makes me think about my own writing skills…
Sorry people but I'm not going into any intense S+S until I get to the part where Syaoran actually starts falling for Sakura. (also know as ep 32)
And Ying Fa; this fic is S+S, so you can figure out about what I'm going to do with Meiling…
That reminds me, I think it's weird when fics use "Ying Fa" instead of "Yingfa" (yes I know they are two separate words, I happen to be Chinese and speak Cantonese for that matter), but if you use Syaoran, Meiling, shouldn't you use Yingfa for consistency's sake? Also another name thing that's been on my mind, Syao-chan??? Literally means "Little small" or "darling small"… If you want to be proper it should be Ran-chan, "Little wolf". (Whoa, now it sounds like Ranma ½…). Besides sometimes very informally in Chinese you call someone by only the last character in his or her name (for Syaoran: Ran) Sometimes the middle character is a descriptive word (Syaoran: Syao - Little). And to actually pronounce Syaoran's name using phonetics it's "Seew Loung." "Seew" rhymes with "hue" but it is said in a higher pitch. "Loung" sounds like "long", but the "o" part is held longer. I can't tell you how to perfectly accent it though because I can't exactly determine the accent to it… Okay that's enough of me blabbing about language.
Whohoo! Inuyasha anime! Now on volume 5 of manga, "Bones and Earth" chapter. Hehe, all fans know what that means. They did it so well, I'm so proud of them! (Usually the anime pales to the actual manga.) And mwahhaha the appearance of Miroku!

April 5, 2001, Christine Chan aka Kinomoto Sakura of Ffnet