Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Sakura - Altered World ❯ Sakura's Sheep Warning ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Card Captor Sakura - Altered World


Notes: This fanfic is supportive of all canon manga couples. It will deal with more angst and dark concepts later on, laced with my eccentric humour. CLAMP owns CCS, not me.

Remember, this fanfic is now following the manga.

Chapter 27: Sakura's Sheep Warning


"I'm home!" said the cheerful voice that rang through the near empty reading room.

"Welcome back, Eriol," said the formerly sole occupant of the room, immersed in the book that lay open before him. Spinel, or the magical being fondly called Suppi-chan by his companion, raised his head. "You're the target of some magic."

Eriol gave a pleasant smile. "As usual Spinel."

Spinel fluttered close to his creator, ignoring the book he had the rest of the day to finish since Eriol decided to let Sakura relax. "Eastern scrying magic to be exact. Someone of Chinese descent is trying to track you but he's failed."

"Because of my defence." Eriol closed his eyes in concentration, revealing the magic that surrounded him. Searing red Chinese characters appeared, spiralling madly around Eriol in several rings, as if Eriol was the nucleus of an atom, and the fragments of the warding spell were electrons.

"Who?" wondered the enchanted grey beast, or in Syaoran's eloquent terms, stuffed animal.

"My cute descendant!" replied Eriol amusedly. "He's trying to find the owner of the coat that was left with Sakura-san."

"He must be pretty brave to search for Clow Read through something he once wore," Spinel fluttered back down on the armrest of Eriol's favourite chair. He gazed sharply at his master. "Sound's like fun."

Eriol closed his eyes as he smiled with content. "Oh yes, very." His eyelids barely opened to narrowed slits. "From now on, things will be interesting."

*****


"Tsukishiro-sensei, are you alright?"

Yukito rubbed his eyes hastily as he stare blearily at the source of the voice. As his vision cleared, he recognized Tanaka-sensei peering at him worriedly.

"Sorry, Tanaka-sensei. I just fell asleep marking these papers," Yukito replied with a chuckle.

"It just seems lately, you've been looking tired. Are you sick?" wondered Tanaka as he took a seat next to Yukito.

Yukito smiled at his concern. "No, it's just a bit of exhaustion. The graduating students are getting worried from the upcoming entrance examinations and are already asking for extra help."

"I see." Tanaka patted Yukito's shoulder in a friendly gesture. "I don't want to take up your time, since it looks like you have a lot of marking to do."

"I'll see you later," said Yukito, picking up his red pen.

"See you tomorrow." The click signalled when the sliding door was shut.

After a few moments of the sound of papers flipping and pen scratching, the marking pen slowly slipped from Yukito's grasp.

"Lately I've been so tired …" He murmured to himself before resting his head on his arms. "And no matter how much I eat, I find myself hungry…"

He allowed himself to slip into a deep slumber as darkness soon overtook his vision.

*****


Syaoran sat on an octagon, which bore similarity to his Rashinban. In the center, the symbol of the sun, which was adopted into Clow Read's magic circle, lay within a ring. On four sides of the octagon, the Chinese characters for Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind were positioned so that if one were to connect them, they would form a square.

The Chinese man was seated on one of the sides without a character, his legs crossed, sword balanced horizontally on both hands, eyes shut in concentration. A glow from the blade of his sword was emitted as he strove to find the owner of the black jacket, which lay in the centre of the octagon.

Syaoran scowled as he rose abruptly from his position, clutching his sword with one hand.

"It's still no good. No matter how much I search, I can't find the source." He strode to the centre of octagon, bending down to grasp the jacket with his free hand. His eyebrows creased worriedly. "The owner of this coat possesses powerful magic."

It still bothered him even though days had past; whoever was causing the strange occurrences in Tomoeda, appeared to be concerned about Sakura's condition. Why would an enemy be concerned whether his opponent was feeling ill from sickness? Why would that person want to disturb the peacefulness of the small district? Did that person want to test Sakura, but what for?

Whoever did had incredible amounts of magical power. And it worried Syaoran, whether he was strong enough to face this power and protect Sakura.

Whatever he faced, he was still determined to keep his silent vow to protect the Card Mistress.

*****


"'So with a new wand and the new cards, we must think of a new signature pose' was what Tomoyo said," said Sakura tiredly, as she relayed the events to her friend and guardian.

Cerberus paused from his mid-afternoon dessert. "Tomoyo must have been really excited, right?"

Sakura gave a weak laugh as a memory of Tomoyo appeared within her mind, with grey eyes glinting strangely as Tomoyo's fingers gripped her hands pleadingly.

"Please let me think about a new Sakura Card version signature pose. I must think of a signature pose that is cute, beautiful and gallant! Now, since this is decided, let us practise right away!"

"She was... We spent the whole lunch time practising," replied Sakura embarrassedly. It was a good thing that they were in a semi secluded area of the school yard.

"So was she able to think of a good one?" wondered Cerberus as he paused from a bite.

"I think so. I'm not exactly sure if it is good or not," replied Sakura sheepishly.

"Ah well, Tomoyo is good at stuff like that. Oh, what is in your hands?" questioned Cerberus, as he pointed his fork at the forgotten envelop in Sakura's hands.

"I forgot! It's a letter from Mizuki-sensei!" replied Sakura she proceeded to rip the envelop open as she plopped down on her bed.

With one last large gulp, Cerberus quickly hovered towards Sakura. "Oh! Is Onee-chan doing well?"

Sakura quickly scanned the first page of the pretty floral stationary before answering with a cheerful "Yes."

Dear Kinomoto Sakura-san,

Thank you for sending me your letter. I'm always looking forward to hear from you. It has becoming cold in England lately, and I've been reminiscing how Tomoeda would be still warm, with its gentle breeze.

About the exchange student in your letter and Clow's mystifying presence within Tomoeda, I'm afraid I cannot say much other than something has been awakened.

I'm sorry I cannot tell you anything right now. My role was to ring the Moon Bell in the Final Judgement, and it is over. I no longer have a part to play in Tomoeda.

Sakura's eyebrows drew together in confusion at the last statement.

However, I'm sure no matter what happens that you'll be able to keep your smile through it. Even though I'm all the way in England, I'll be supporting you. I will be looking forward for the day we'll see each other again.

Mizuki Kaho

Please remember, everyone cares about you and also your invincible spell. Don't ever forget it.

"Everyone cares about me? My invincible spell?" wondered Sakura as she flipped through the letters again.

She remembered when she stood alone before the image of Clow Read, after Yue declared his acceptance of her as the Mistress of the Cards, stars twinkling in the backdrop of space.

"For you, everything will definitely be alright."

"Everything will definitely be alright," Sakura repeated slowly. A smile gradually formed on her face at the reassuring words. She hugged the papers, crumpling them slightly. She spoke, hoping the words would somehow reach her dear teacher, "Thank you, Mizuki-sensei."

Sakura paused. I wonder why I thought of Clow-san though…

Cerberus eagerly asked, "So, did she write anything good?"

Sakura brightened immediately. "Yeah! She's very encouraging." Sakura lifted herself off the mattress excitedly. "Alright, since I'm in a good mood, I'm going to do my best at making dinner tonight!"

Cerberus excitedly raised his fist in the air in his cheer. "Now you're talking Sakura!"

The following hours were spent zealously making a feast in which Cerberus and Sakura barely were able to finish.

*****


The altar was cleaned meticulously. She had always made sure of that. The ashes from the incense was cleaned from the table everyday, despite all the fresh incense burned caused more ashes to fall to only dirty it again. There were rows and rows of names, engraved in the pieces of various types of wood spread across the shelves. They were all her ancestors, those who had the blood of direct lineage of the clan. Other cousins and relatives had no place in here. The Li blood in them had thinned, especially within the daughters who no longer carried their name. There was no such thing as a woman's place in such a family.

There were also bronze statues of various gods, on raised platforms. Guan Yin was one, in her beautiful flowing dress, holding a lotus in her palm. Buddha sat beside her, a rosary of beads around his neck. There was also the three stellar gods. Fu-xing, clothed in his blue civil servant robes, represented happiness. Lu-xing, holding a male child in his arms, represented prosperity. Shou-xing, with the wizened beard and cane, holding a peach, represented longevity.

Li Yelan walked alone in the room, with the sense of her ancestors watching her. The sole sound of the tapping of her shoes ceased when she stood in front of an incense burner, and her husband's tablet which lay behind. She withdrew three sticks of incense from a package, and with the flick of her hand, she set them aflame. Then the fire dimmed, leaving the tip of the incense glowing red. She stood stiffly as she clasped the incense with both of her hands, her arms stretching towards the altar. She began wave her arms downwards.

"Your killer has returned, husband," she said monotonously, while moving her arms back to her initial position. "And he is not satisfied by your blood; he seeks our son's life."

Her arms moved to repeat the motion. "Your spirit must protect him or otherwise there will be no heirs to your name."

Repeating the motion for the last time, she continued her prayer. "And allow him avenge you, so that man will lie in the depth of hell where he belongs."

Finally pushing the incense into the burner, the mother of the sole heir of the Li Clan walked briskly away. In the air hung her plead, her prayer, and perhaps a god would grant it but as always, there is nothing without a cost.

*****


Sakura flitted through the sliding doors of the classroom just in time before the bells began to chime. Mentally congratulating herself from barely avoiding another late on her record, she stood by the door, spending some time to regain her breath.

"You made it on time Kinomoto-san, but now class has started so could you go to your seat?" requested her teacher with a smile, amusement glinting in his eyes.

Sakura flushed embarrassedly and quickly nodded, trudging to her seat.

Tomoyo leaned slightly over and spoke quietly, "Good morning, Sakura-chan. It was close today, wasn't it?"

Sakura returned her greeting and replied sheepishly, "You know I can't help it."

"Good morning, Sakura-san," said a friendly voice, as Sakura finally seated herself. "I'm glad you were able to make it on time."

"Good morning, Eriol-kun," replied Sakura with a smile, instantly sending Syaoran to level a glare at the man who sat beside him. We all know how much of an effect it did on said man; he gave the most welcoming smile back on the glowering Chinese man.

Sakura turned slowly to the source of Eriol's overly cheerful grin, in an almost wary fashion.

"Good morning, Li-kun," she said weakly, her eyes were seemingly too focused on the grains of wood of his desk.

"Good morning," he returned, an eyebrow furrowed in confusing as he scanned her demure form. She clasped her hands together tightly, almost as if she was frightened or suddenly shy.

She quickly turned around, not even sparing a glance at him, which sent Syaoran into more agitation.

Tomoyo took notice of the exchange, and Syaoran's almost forlorn face. Sakura's behaviour towards Li-kun was strange recently, increasing in its awkwardness as each day passed. Sakura avoided confronting him yet sometimes Sakura would watch him, flush with some obscure realisation, and then quickly find another subject to focus. It was impossible that Li-kun confessed his feelings towards Sakura, as unaware of them as he was. Nor was it possible for Sakura to have feelings for him as she was still fixated on Tsukishiro-sensei. She bit her lip lightly, wondering what had gone wrong.

Their home form teacher Tanaka cleared his throat, signalling the class to be quiet. "Tsukishiro-sensei is not here today due to sickness. Please be on your best behaviour for Hishikawa-sensei."

Sakura almost shot out of her desk in surprise. It was strange. In her memory, she never recalled Yukito-san falling prey to illness. It was unnatural as a cat taking a liking to water. She reasoned with herself and as dismissed it as a natural yet unfortunate occurrence. With Sakura's ignorance, Yue's existence continued to wane. And only Cerberus,

Sakura's focus was lost completely in her worry for a certain grey haired man, despite her own resolution not to overreact. Words were just strokes of pen and pencil, and sounds emitted from vocal cords. Numbers had no meaning. It could be said that Sakura spent the whole day letting her body do the necessary note taking while her mind wandered elsewhere.

Syaoran was worried about Yukito, but not to the same degree as Sakura was. He found himself wondering more about Sakura's current state. It was then, he became increasingly confused about his feelings. Was he merely more concerned about Sakura, because she was present while that guy was not, or…? He still didn't know the answers, whether it was due to unconscious stubbornness, and denial, his bloodline which caused infatuation with the false form of Yue, or other reasons. Perhaps Sakura's sudden avoidance of him had a factor as well, and the mention of it made him even more miserable.

The Chinese man didn't understand the reasons, except for a certain nagging feeling that he did something wrong somehow. Well, whatever it was, he wished he could apologise for it, but he couldn't very well apologise for something he had no knowledge of. Which lead to that he should ask what he did wrong, but she was avoiding him, and that was probably caused by the face he did something wrong. To say, the poor man was confused out of his wits.

Hence, it is properly concluded that Syaoran was in a mess and he was unable to do anything about it, unless the sudden "Brick of Wisdom" fell on his poor mislead skull.

Unfortunately for him, Tomoyo was just as baffled as he was.

But he could try anyway. "What's wrong?"

Sakura turned around to meet his gaze, gripping the top of her chair with one hand. "Are you worried about me?"

Syaoran's skin tinged with red, but he stayed silent.

"It's really nothing. I'm just worried about Yukito-san," she continued, sadly looking at the floor.

Syaoran spoke, sounding slightly unsure of himself. "It's alright. I understand. I'm worried too."

That's right. I forgot Yukito-san is important to him as well. It's selfish of me to be so worried, thinking it wouldn't concern Li-kun. It is all about Yukito-san after all.

Sakura began guiltily, trying to make an apology to him. "Do you want to try and visit Yukito-san's place with me later?"

"Yeah," he replied in agreement.

The rest of class slowly flitted away, consisting of knowledge, which would only be useful in the academic sense, didn't quite reach certain minds as they were occupied with the more important things in life. Of course, school was important as a foundation for a successful future but some things can't simply be neglected for anything. One of such was the heart. It should never be neglected, despite however weary one may be. However, there are always the unfortunate who realise this far too late.

After the mandatory goodbyes, they were left to travel to Yukito's house. Tomoyo decided to join them as well, more for her own reasons even though she was concerned about the ill teacher. Of course, the situation with Sakura was foremost in her mind. It always had been Sakura, after all…

They made their way outside, smiling (or in Syaoran's case, with the absence of a frown) and chatting amiably, the sound of footsteps and rustling leaves in the background. The light breeze caressed their skin soothingly, and made strands of charcoal, auburn, and chestnut hair dance intricately. It made Sakura wonder if things would always be like this, and if it were, she was sure that her joy would last. Such small happiness shouldn't be taken for granted.

Her eyes focused on Tomoyo-chan to her right, who was talking about the upcoming preparations for the Christmas concert. Her eyes were bright with her enthusiasm and her hands making rapid gestures.

Li-kun was to the left of her, his eyes attentive over Sakura's head, keen on listening to Tomoyo's voice. Really, he was a very striking man, from the thick messy hair, the faintly warm eyes, his mouth set in an almost unwavering line, strong proud chin, lean shoulders and chest and…

Sakura stopped abruptly, leaving her two friends to gaze back at her wonderingly.

"What is it, Sakura-chan?" questioned Tomoyo, wondering at the odd behaviour her friend was displaying.

Sakura tried to keep her eyes focused on Tomoyo so she could avoid Li-kun, as Tomoyo's voice filtered into the background. Sakura struggled to breath but her unease locked her lungs. She didn't understand her new confusing emotions for Li-kun. It wasn't right. She expelled a breath. He was only her friend, and she shouldn't be attracted to him. She was in love with Yukito-san. Kind, gentle Yukito-san. Always.

There never could be anyone else.

"Sakura? What's wrong?" repeated Tomoyo, her brows knit in worry.

"It's-" A sharp sensation invaded her senses. It was familiar, and still strangely comforting despite its current association with the oddities that occurred recently in Tomoeda.

"Clow Read."

Forgetting her discomfort with Syaoran, Sakura's eyes locked with his upon his voice. With a nod, they both broke into a sprint towards Tomoeda Park, with Tomoyo trailing after them. With their blood pounding in their ears, and their feet grinding against the gravel, they stood stunned at the sight of Tomoeda park with its attraction; the Emperor Penguin.

Granted, it hadn't been the first time they had seen the Emperor Penguin, nor the first time they had seen it moved by foreign forces. This time however, there was a big gaping hole where once the Emperor Penguin stood proudly. The poor thing hung its tongue (quite despairingly) out in shock, never mind that it always had been that way, of course for children who enjoyed slipping down it. Of course, the state of cleanliness that children are in is negotiable. Really, poor thing.

And it was being ignored as the trio examined the new cavity in the centre of the park.

"They moved the King Penguin!" exclaimed a voice behind a camera.

"But who would do such a thing? And why?" said a bewildered male voice.

"I should get Kero-chan!" said a female voice, taking out her phone.

"I'll call the van for costumes!" said the first voice, though sounding much happier than before.

Syaoran walked over and crouched near the King Penguin himself. It's just you and me, Penguin, he thought glumly, as he rediscovered why females should not be near telephones. While they talked, he slowly reminisced those days where he stood hours waiting for one of the phones to be liberated, while his sisters occupied all four lines. Ah, memories.

*****


Despite Syaoran's horrid recollection, after a few good minutes, Sakura was well into her costume, and Cerberus had arrived (which in his opinion wasn't an improvement).

A fully transformed Cerberus prowled around the large hole, lost in thought. "No matter, how I look at it, it's just a normal hole. But I sense Clow within it. There is nothing we can do but go into it. I don't like this, Sakura."

Sakura peered down the seemingly bottomless pit, her hands clutched around the wand. Tomoyo's current costume theme was sheep; a hair band covered in fluffy material pulled her bangs backwards, a pair of cute ears gracing the sides. More fluffy material lined her collar, cuffs, and the edge of her crop top and the one piece underneath. She wore boots that were shaped as hooves, with more fluff covering her calves. Overall, it was quite embarrassingly cute, and Sakura flushed when she clambered out of the van. Syaoran, quite used to the spectacle did nothing other than giving her a slightly sympathetic glance. Tomoyo was ever as ecstatic, especially after filming her new transformation routine, and seeing her friend's joy, Sakura endured the feeling of becoming a dress-up doll again.

"Fly!" Sakura called. Her back tingling as large wings appeared and fluttered gently. Wordlessly, she dove in the hole.

"I'm going in too," Cerberus called after her, diving down towards Sakura.

He suddenly slammed against something, encountering an invisible surface than prevented him from following her. "What the heck! There's something keeping us out!"

Tomoyo gasped in shock and Syaoran fumbled in with his belt, pulling out an ofuda as Cerberus floated away to safety. "Thunder, come forth!"

Bluish white electricity streaked from the blade of Syaoran's blade and struck the surface. The surface glowed red, and pulsed for a few seconds before disappearing completely to the eye again.

"Strong magical power has shut us out," said Syaoran darkly, his eyebrows furrowed in frustration as his hand tightened on the hilt of his sword.

Cerberus looked glanced grimly down pit. "It's probably Clow's."

*****


Meanwhile, Sakura continued her descent, unaware of the event which occurred. Her wings flapped slowly as she moved down, seeing nothing but the dirt and rocks that surrounded her. Her feet meet solid ground, and her wings disappeared as she released the spell.

She looked around, using the faint light coming from above. "There's nothing down here… But I definitely sense Clow's presence. It doesn't make any sense, coming from a place like this."

Suddenly the hole lit up, blinding her a moment, her eyes adjusted to the darkness. She felt something soft suddenly smack her on the head and bounce off it onto the ground.

"Hoee." She lightly rubbed her head, and then examined the object that quite rudely collided with her.

It was none other than a stuffed sheep.

"Well, it's cute…" said Sakura absentmindedly, as she picked it up to inspect. It still didn't solve why suddenly a stuffed sheep decided to land on her head. There was a plop. Sakura blinked as another stuffed sheep met it fate with the ground. And then another and another.

And she looked upwards.

She blinked again.

Raining cats and dogs may be just a saying, but apparently that didn't apply too well with stuffed sheep for the matter since some sadistic bastard thought just leaping over the fence was too good for them. Into a hole was so much better instead.

Sakura cried out as the herd of cotton balls dropped around her, onto her, bouncing off her and each other, and generally attempted to drown her in fluff. After floundering for a moment, she manage to pop her head out of the mess, sending a stuffed fluff ball flying from the top to land on… well another fluff ball. When she finally managed to gasp a few good breaths, the one up there decided it would be amusing to send more sheep down upon her.

*****


The three stood in silence as they examined the surface of the hole again, and again in the hope of Sakura appearing. Tomoyo's hands grasped her camera tightly.

Syaoran was more than angry. He knew he couldn't do much, always never could do enough for his mother, his family and others who needed his help. Why he couldn't even give the love that Meiling had wanted for years so desperately. He was utterly useless man. And he failed again to someone who was dear to him.

Despite his thoughts, he couldn't accept failure. Maybe if I summoned another element I could perhaps break the seal…

A faint scream from below broke through his thoughts, and the silence kept by three of them.

Tomoyo cried out in distress. "That's Sakura's voice!"

Cerberus called down desperately, not caring if his voice could reach beyond the barrier from the outside. "Sakura! Tell us what's going on!"

He moved in attempt to leap down the ditch again, but Syaoran was faster.

Syaoran ran over the hole. Upon discovering it still refused him passage, he dropped on his knees and furiously pounded on the barrier. It only served to make his fury rise when there was no effect, and he pummelled on the surface harder, uncaring how his flesh stung from the impact. To him there was only the continuous moments of his arms, the feeling of numbness clutching at his heart, and the feeling the unease mounting in the pit of his stomach. Is she alright? Is she alright, seemed to be the only words in his head.

His hand slammed against the barrier again, and the unseen barrier continued to torment him.

*****


"That boy over there is really doing his best. I think he's about to snap," said an amused female voice originating from the cluster of branches.

The fully transformed Spinel Sun watched the scene analytically, "Clow Read has the power to escape this, am I correct?"

Eriol smiled merrily from where he was seated, "Oh yes, if he tried his best."

He paused a moment to watch the brown haired boy heave, and then ready himself for another round of beating senselessly against the barrier; not that the spell would wane against a physical attack. Cerberus pulled him backwards by biting on his sleeve and the grey haired girl beside him tried to reason with him in an endeavour to calm him.

His eyelids lowered, and a smile turned the corner of his mouth, though much different from his previous one. "As for the boy, I can put up the interference for the thing I want."

*****


Sakura coughed as she managed to emerge her head from below pile of stuffed animals. She would suffocate from the masses of sheep at the rate she was going. She needed to do something.

If I use Watery, the only thing I would do is probably get the dolls all soggy. Firey wouldn't work; I'd be burnt before I could turn all of them ashes. Wait…

Sakura thrust out her arm holding her wand and shouted, "O Card created by Clow, discard thine old form and be reborn, under the name of Sakura, thy new Mistress! Erase!"

From her wand, the star in the center spun wildly emitting power as her magic took place to remake the card in her own name. Erase appeared, dressed in a checkered dress with a wide ruffled collar, with a star lying underneath. Upon her head, was a checkered jester's hat to match her clothing, another star adorning the base.

In a sudden flash and a burst of power the sheep disappeared along with Erase, and Sakura stood relieved, alone in the pit.

Those who were above witnessed the flash as well.

Hiiragizawa Eriol smiled at the light emitting from the ditch. "Well done."

Syaoran backed away from the hole, arm raised to protect his eyes.

When the flash dimmed, Cerberus shouted, "The presence of magic is gone!'

Tomoyo quickly knelt and dropped her arm into the hole. "It is unsealed!"

Syaoran prepared to jump into the hole when Sakura suddenly fluttered tiredly to the surface. Sakura managed to move away from the hole and she slumped on the ground before the wings evaporated from her back.

Syaoran sped towards her in concern. "Are you alright?"

"Yes," replied Sakura, pushing herself onto her feet.

Syaoran gave a relieved sigh before realising she suddenly closed in on the space before him.

"Thanks for worrying about me." She thanked him with one of her brightest smiles, sending his face in colour of red that would be fit for Valentine's Day.

Cerberus hurried over as Syaoran was left in his happy daze. "What in the world happened?"

"For some reason, the hole was full of stuffed sheep," Sakura answered, as Tomoyo and Cerberus looked at her in puzzlement.

"Sheep?" repeated Cerberus bewilderedly, pawing at his nose.

"Well, umm… I don't think that really matters. However, it was definitely Clow-san's aura in the hole."

"What are we going to do about the hole and the King Penguin?" speculated Tomoyo, distracting Sakura such that she failed to notice Cerberus's sudden desolate expression at the mention of his former master's name.

"I guess we have to fill it and somehow move the penguin back. It wouldn't do for anyone to see it," replied Sakura, as her mind ran through all her cards. Before she could move hands to reach for her cards, Tomoyo suddenly stopped her by gently wrapping fingers around her wrist. "What's wrong?"

"Sakura-chan! I haven't got a chance to film you changing cards! I absolutely must have your new pose on tape!" said Tomoyo, her eyes glinting in anticipation.

Sakura froze and she shouted quickly with a tinge of embarrassment, "Kero-chan, Li-kun, turn around!"

Cerberus was, however, reluctant. He grumbled. "Why?"

"Just do it! Even Li-kun already did! And don't you dare turn around!"

Cerberus followed the actions of what an extremely confused Syaoran did quite obediently. The Chinese man whipped around immediately when he recognized the female tone of voice that called for submission, or else would result in lots and lots of pain. You could learn a lot from four sisters.

Whipped Chinese brat, thought Cerberus, glowering at the man who responded immediately to what experience had taught him (albeit quite agonizingly).

There were several flashes of power behind them. Both magical guardian and man choose wisely to turn around when they heard Sakura's exclamations of finishing.

Sakura raised her hands rubbed against eyes before she mumbled, "I'm tired," and fell against the ground amidst of her friends' cries of worry.

*****


"I see she used Earthy, and Power," said Ruby Moon, observing the Card Mistress's companions crowd around her, and the boy, which was the focus of their previous observation, shake her slightly.

Eriol smiled proudly. "Sakura-chan is quite clever."

"She changed two today," observed Spinel, lost in thought.

Eriol's eyes flickered towards his feline creation. "Are you thinking what I am?"

"I'm wondering why you never told anyone what would make you happy," Spinel spoke his thoughts without a note of challenge, only sounding contemplative.

"Do you know what will bring me the most joy, Spinel?"

"What?"

"It's something you can't anticipate," finished Eriol, his face becoming unreadable.

And I'm all the more selfish in my desires by the things I committed in order to further them…

His eyes swerved towards on the ground Sakura once laid.


And now for the Omake - Welcome Year of the Sheep !:

"Sakura cried out as the herd of cotton balls [otherwise known as S+S fanfiction authors ] dropped around her, [latching] onto her [love interest], bouncing [fanfiction ideas] off her and each other, and generally attempted to drown her in fluff."

And a certain author suffered a gruesome death by making this statement.

The herd of cotton balls rejoiced.


Christine's Baka Baka Corner (Babble):

Just pointing this out … My full name is Christine Chan, not Christine-chan as in honorifics. Chan is my last name, and quite a common Chinese surname. So err, I don't call myself Christine-chan. Sometimes when people review, I don't know if people have a misconception to call me with the honorific or they do it on purpose. I don't mind it really, but it's really confusing.

I really really want to do the elevator episode but bah, I had to add plot points + foreshadowing… I really had a horrible time writing this chapter, it seemed so broken with horrible flow. There are too many scene changes and I've already brooded over this many times and now I'm releasing it out, because I really can't do any better.

I'm finished writing a rough draft of an Eriol sidefic based on little information the manga provides. That will be posted later when I feel its good moment to stick in and improved on the diction (Since it is in Eriol's perspective and I feel a need to stress his eloquence); I can say it has been… interesting.

Can I request something? Please don't ask me to hurry. Writing is hard sometimes and I develop writer blocks. I usually have to spend some time backtracking since this fic is horrendously long and I forget everything. And each chapter is around 4000-5000 words (9 pages), and if I don't have writer's blocks (or actually have a life) it takes me around half a day to write, 2-3 hours to proofread/improve diction/format. I'm also in university now, and the work load is horrid (much more deadly than high school but at least my high school was tough enough to prep me up for life.). If you are a fellow writer, surely you can spare me some sympathy.

About the update list, dang it. Sometimes Outlook Express goes funky on me and then some people get lost. If I don't put you on the first time over, bug me about it. Okay?

The burst of humour is resultant of reading Cassandra Claire's Draco triology (and not to mention it's hard to take this chapter seriously). It's incredibly witty. And on the subject of Harry Potter, I'm addicted to Draco/Ginny. The wrongness of it all... (Demurely waves Draco/Ginny flag)

Responses to my dear Readers:

Jojo1882J, gomen! I had your email sitting in my box (I put in a different folder to keep myself from accidentally deleting it) and I forgot to respond! Ahhh! Stupid memory! Thanks for spending your time to write to me, I've enjoyed your complements. I'll do my best to continue twisting the plot!

Anthony, Sakura's more aware of Syaoran physically at the moment though. ^_^'

shadowed angel, too bad Syaoran's actions has made Sakura a bit uncomfortable to be with him.

Pokey, Glad you enjoyed to stalking part though it was really written to subtly make fun of Syaoran's ignorance of descendent/ancestor relationship with Eriol. ^_^ Yelan's tale is going to be thinly spread out throughout the rest of the Sakura arc, so you'll see more of her. Glad you like Zhifei, original characters (especially bad guys) are hard to write for me. Syaoran's confrontation with him will be due later, when he arrives at Hong Kong after the Sakura Arc.

Nisha_Athalwolf, Syaoran is a caring person; he just doesn't like to show it. (He's one of the gruff, hard-to-get-to-know types.) I succeeded in Zhifei's freakiness then by your reaction. ^_^

Elley, I already found a proper way to explore Sakura as you can see from 32; fear is usually the first thing which occurs from the discovery of a situation where you have no ground on, for Sakura, it's growing up mentally. I would talk more about your comments in chapter 13, but it would be spoiler material. You really are insightful about Sakura though! (hint hint) ^_^ Wow, you reread this horrendously long fanfic? I just reread my fic recently and boy I can see my bad style in early chapters glaring at me now… Meiling is a toughie to write but hopefully I can pull episode 60 off well.

DragonNeck (from MediaMiner.org), Thanks your comments, but Syaoran's future confession will be … *cackles madly with creepy smiling Eriol at the side*

Duo, glad it is a good story to you but umm if you read the cast party, or some of my author notes, you'll see this follows canon couples by CLAMP. (Otherwise know as Eriol+Kaho.)

Care, from your reaction I got exactly what I wanted from Zhifei. ^_^ Grade 13 also know as OAC (Ontario Academic Credit) will be demolished this year. It's just been other people, such as me in Ontario get stuck with an extra year of high school. About Comp Sci, keep your math grades high, and you can get into practically any university for it (as long as your other courses aren't horrible of course). Be prepared to spend some time madly programming though if you take a computer course in high school (Though it's not required in Canada to get into CS major at University.) My brother says be prepared to sacrifice your time in this program for your grades and I quite readily agree.

As for Relena, her beginning annoying personality gets overwritten in my head by her impressive stance for Cinq and her further character growth (which a lot of people haven't recognized to my dismay). My 1+R preference had developed watching Libra *nice, smiling* Hee-chan scene! LOL. Though I love that scene, the real scene which started my preference was when Heero goes mad after seeing Relena die in not-so-nice Epyon Zero System visions. Through the good fics I read though, my appetite for this couple has increased. As for R's obsession with death, I must quote Duo's toast in chapter 31 of Zapenstap-sama's wonderful fic "Temper the Soul." "To Heero and Relena," he said, "whom everyone always knew were meant for each other because they shared a fascination with dying if nothing else."

As for cynical, I really meant my humour. It's not as stupidly funny as before (though rereading this fic has sent me laughing sometimes. I've forgotten the embarrassing kitty line! I wonder what I was on…). It has become a lot more sarcastic. Syaoran has really grown up hasn't he though? I get sidetracked with Syaoran I'd admit. This fic has been more on Syaoran, than anything. I thought of needing to develop Sakura for a while and I finally figured it out during that long long break. I'm glad you saw the importance of the development, not a lot of people have commented on it really to my disappointment. CCS fics are degrading sadly enough; I've been looking madly for a plotline that has not been rehashed.

Jemusuto-n, I don't know how I write honestly. It just comes up in the middle of the night when I can't sleep and then I try to madly plot in my head. Ideas formed, forgotten and then are rehashed again when I remember. I've also forgotten really good fics and then go through the process of madly searching for them, though not to your amazing extent. (@.@) Don't worry about the list bit, I don't mind if people take me off but it's just good for me to attract more readers. ^_^ That long break in attempt to raise my grades was my fault, I'd admit. Still it was good for me, since it refreshed the appeal to write this and let me plot further events to make this fic more rounded. I can't say I'm devoted since I took such long breaks but I've been trying to make up for it. I've become more attached to my readers, since I realised during my long break I really really miss hearing from them. I hope one day they could just stumble on my fic again and see it finished, I think that would make me most happy. Go ahead and call me with (or without) whatever honorific you want. (Though it makes me feel a bit embarrassed but touched as well.)

I love love Kyou-kun in Furuba! (Okay enough fawning after 2D men…0_0'' I'm born in year of the pig so I think it's fitting that Kyou's my fav character. *coughKaguracough* As for Zhifei, it's up to our dear Syaoran-chan! Yes, it is E+ K, I'm usually a bit of a purist when it comes to couples (though E+T can be intriguing.) As for Eriol, you can read all about him in the sidefic once I find a good point to stick in it. ^_^

To be exact, I've worked around 2 years on this fic now that I think of it. I do try to develop original antagonists because I want some difference from the other CCS fics I've read. It is hard though… Sakura is going to mature though hopefully by the end of this fic.

Empress Sara, Wai Wai, you're back too!!! ^_^

Ashley-chan, is my reference to your name worth that much to clap your hands? I don't know how my characters get written. It just works out somehow, hopefully.

Sarah Li, yes, it has been horrendously long hasn't it? Glad people are still interested.

Kitty, sorry but life has been taking it's vengeance on me, occupying my time.

Courtney, wow, another perfect review. Christine is not worthy…

Usagi yf, don't worry about the reviews too much. It just makes me happy to know people are reading.

Artemis: The Huntress, lelena, master of cards, Cindy, Tatsu-no-Houou, davis4ever, Sakura Li 2389, Silvermoon Maru, thank you for and here is finally the chapter you've been waiting for (if you've been waiting for it that is!)

This chapter is dedicated to Kloud who send me an endearing email which got me going again! Thank you!

Thanks for reading and reviewing! ^o^v

And remember email: kinomoto_sakura@rogers.com for getting on the update list.

Next chapter, maybe I'll get it done during study week in three weeks, who knows, now I'm overly due to some heavy cramming for tomorrow….