Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cards of Relm ❯ Chapter 3

[ A - All Readers ]


'; banner += ''; document.write(banner) // -->
Chapter 3

~*~*~*~*~

"No, Mrs Weasley, he's Yue, a guardian!" Sakura blurted.

"A guardian?" All of them looked at her curiously. Oh dear… this is getting complicated… Sakura thought. She'd told Harry that he had grown wings due to a spell gone wrong, and Yue had been rather annoyed. Guardians, Clow Reed, Clow Cards and the Sakura Cards had too confusing to explain - so, she had hidden the truth. Now, it seemed, the cat had been let out of the bag.

"Um, I think we'll have to go inside, this story is going to be long."

~*~*~*~*~

"Sakura-chan can be so careless!" Nakuru pounded the arm of a certain armchair. Suppi, who had been napping in the chair, woke up immediately.

"Stop that, Ruby!" Nakuru's eyes took on a gleam. Finally, someone to make fun of!

"I see you've woken up, Suppi-chan!"

"Who're you calling Suppi?!"

Eriol cut in with an arm extended.

"Want some chocolate cookies?" he held out a box of cookies. Suppi inched away while Nakuru squealed and grabbed two cookies.

"Oishii! Have one, Suppi!" she shoved the biscuit into Suppi's mouth. Having swallowed the sugar, Suppi immediately went on a sugar high. It giggled insanely.

"SUGAR!!!" Eriol chuckled, Nakuru fought with Suppi over the cookies and Tomoyo put both her hands to her cheeks with her mouth open.

~*~*~*~*~

"So, now, the Sakura Cards are mine." Sakura finished the story. The Weasleys and Harry were gaping at her with various displays of shock on their faces.

"Ok, let me get this straight. Clow Reed created the Clow Cards, as well as Yue and Keroberus. One day, you unlocked the seal to the book and Keroberus appeared out of the book. From then on, you capture the cards. After all the cards have been sealed, you face Yue to determine whether you're worthy of being the Mistress. That correct so far?" Harry paused. Sakura nodded. "Then, this Eriol appears and helps you to transform all your cards into Sakura Cards, so that they won't turn into ordinary cards. That was about five to six years ago, right?"

"Right."

"Then tell me, why are you here now?" Ron propped his head on his elbows.

"I have no idea," Sakura replied, her expression troubled.

"Sakura-sama?" Yue spoke up. Sakura turned her head to the moon guardian's direction so fast; there was an audible crack.

"Ow… I think I sprained my neck…" Sakura winced.

~*~*~*~*~

"Yue?" Sakura asked, her neck healed by Mrs Weasley. "What was it you remembered?"

"If I remember correctly, I think Clow's best friend had also created a pack of cards. Clow decided to let the destined Mistress, you, have a break before you start to seal the Relm Cards."

"That break is sure long! Why six years?" Sakura knitted her brows. Yue shrugged.

"Clow was a very unconventional man," was the only reply he gave.

Clow, you were right when you said you would give me a lot of trouble. But everything will be alright, won't it? Sakura bit her lip.

Sensing the tension, Mrs Weasley ordered Ron and the twins to set the table out in the garden - Charlie and Bill would be coming back soon. "Sakura? Harry? Why not just listen to what Due, says?"

"Uh, it's 'Yue'," Sakura and Harry politely corrected.

"Oh,sorry."

~*~*~*~*~

"Due?" Nakuru paused from her fight with Suppi over the last cookie. Suppi snatched the cookie.

"SUGAR!"

Nakuru re-read the paragraph. "OH! KAMI-SAMA!" she laughed out loud. She turned around to get her biscuit. "Huh?" She glanced at Suppi who was yelling "SUGAR!"

"Suppi-chan!" How could you!!!" Eriol chuckled silently as he turned the page.

"I'm going to read it through with Tomoyo if you two don't settle down." Nakuru bound Suppi to the chair immediately. "DON"T BULLY ME!I WANT SUGAR!"

~*~*~*~*~

"So, in other words, I'm going to start capturing the Relm Cards as soon as I get to Hogwarts," Sakura let her arms drop to the side of the chair. "At least, Tomoyo-chan is not here to design any costumes for me…"

~*~*~*~*~

"What? Sakura-chan doesn't like my costumes?" Tomoyo had to stifle a sob.

"Shh. Let's see what she says next."

~*~*~*~*~

"Costumes?" Harry looked intrigued. "You mean she made costumes for you every time you capture a card?"

"Close to that. It's not that the costumes aren't beautiful, they are. But imagine what the Slytherins would do if they ever saw me?" Sakura didn't even want to think about it. Something appeared on Yue's face Sakura never thought she'd see. A smirk.

~*~*~*~*~

"I can imagine the Slytherins' reactions. They'd howl with laughter and report to the teacher. That would prevent Sakura-san from capturing the cards." Eriol turned to look at Tomoyo. Still upset?" Tomoyo shook her head.

"Iie."

~*~*~*~*~

"Yue! It's not funny at all!" Sakura gritted her teeth.

"Gomen nasai, Sakura-sama." Yue bowed respectfully. Sakura exhaled.

Harry excused himself to Ron's room; he could see that the two needed some time alone.

"Yue. Look at me." Yue grudgingly looked. "I've already said, I don't want to be your mistress. I don't need to be called '-sama'. I'm not some lord. All I want to do is to be your friend, not your mistress. Please?" The moon guardian nodded.

"Hai." Sakura smiled. Just then, Mrs Weasley called out.

"Dinner!"

"Coming! Sakura called back. A few other voices echoed the same word.

~*~*~*~*~

"Thank you, Mrs Weasley. That was delicious!" Sakura smiled a mega-watt smile.

"Glad you think so." Charlie laid back in his chair. "Mom's cooking is the best!" The other Weasleys agreed, making Mrs Weasley blush.

"Come now, you're making me embarrassed!" She grinned good-naturedly before bustling off to get the dessert.

"No need to be embarrassed, mom!" Fred called to his mother mischievously.

~*~*~*~*~

"Good night, Harry, Ron," Sakura said, climbing up the stairs with Ginny and Yue.

"'Night, Sakura, Ginny." Harry and Ron said simultaneously.

Ginny opened the door. "Where's Yue going to sleep?"

"I don't need to," Yue replied simply.

"Then where are you going to rest? Surely you aren't going to stand all night?"

"I'll just sit in the corner."

"But-"

"It's okay, Ginny. Besides, if you want to argue with him, you're going to stay there all night!"


Ahh! It's 10:21p.m. I'm soo tired... Oh yah... as usual, CCS belongs to CLAMP, Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling blah blah blah. And don't forget to review!