Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cherry Blossom Destiny ❯ The Mirror with Two faces ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Shadow Cards

Chapter Three



Sakura sat in bed reading a book late at night when she sensed the next card. "Sakura? Did you feel that?" Kero wondered.

"Ya." She nodded as she put her book down. Sakura picked up the book of Clow and her key.

Kero and Sakura were ready to go when she decided to call Syaoran. She picked up her phone and dialed his number, but Sakura heard a female voice on the other line.

"Hello?" The person on the other end asked groggily.

"Melien!?" Sakura asked shocked.

"Sakura? Is that you?" Melien wondered.

"What are you doing here?" Sakura asked.

"Well I came down to visit for the month." Melien explained.

"That's awesome!" Sakura giggled.

"Well what's going on?" Melien asked. Sakura then explained everything that was going on with the shadow cards and Melien agreed to tell Syaoran and meet her at the park.

***

"Sakura!" Melien and Syaoran shouted as they ran over to Sakura and Kero at the park. They both wore their normal fighting robes and had determination in their eyes.

"So what card do you think it is?" Syaoran asked.

"I'm not sure." Sakura replied. Suddenly a blinding light flashed so none of them could see.

"What's going on!?" Melien shrieked. As suddenly as the light came it disappeared, taking Syaoran along with it.

"Hey! Where did the kid go!?" Kero asked.

After he said this Syaoran came back, but standing right next to him was another Syaoran.

"What happened!?" Sakura yelped.

"Sakura! You have to get rid of the fake!" One of the Syaorans told her. "Destroy him! I'm the real one!"

"No! Don't listen to him! I'm the real one!" The other shouted.

"You have to chose!" They both shouted.

Tears started to swell up in both of the girls' eyes. "I can't chose one! What if I pick the wrong one!?" Sakura cried.

"I know what card it is!" Kero shouted.

"Which one!?" Melien asked.

"It's the mirror card!" Kero replied.

Suddenly Sakura knew what to do. She released her staff and pulled out a Clow card. "Voice Card! Release and Dispel!" She yelled as she flung the card into the air. A high pitched voice rang through the air and one of the Syaorans shattered to pieces, leaving a form of a young woman behind. "Mirror Card! Return to your Powers confined! Mirror Card!"

"Wow! You did it!" Melien cheered.

"Thanks Sakura." Syaoran said with a smile. Sakura smiled back and looked down at the Mirror Card.

***

That Saturday night, Sakura lay asleep in bed when the sound of metal clattering on the floor woke her up. She looked over to her balcony, where the noise had come from. Sitting in the moonlight was a silver box. Sakura walked over to it and was soon joined by Kero.

The box had little saffire stones around it. Tied onto the leg was a key to open the box. Next to the lock was a moon, star and sun. On the top of the box the word, "Shadow" was engraved.

Sakura opened the box to find a note and two scrolls. Sakura read the note.

"Dear Sakura,

I have seen you wearing the necklace and I am very pleased. This box and the two scrolls should help you in your fight against the Shadow cards."

"And the secret admirer strikes again!" Kero laughed. Sakura flung him against the wall.

She now read the scrolls to herself.

1 Oh key that gathers powers from the sun, the moon and stars

Release the wand that I may use

Against the cards that he will chose!

That was the first scroll.

This is the second…..

The shadow of night is upon us now,

So I call upon the cards of Clow

__________ card!

Release your powers now!

"What are those?" Kero asked as he floated back over. He sat down on the top of the box. Suddenly, little bolts of lightning started zapping him and draining his energy. "What's the deal!" He cried.

"Kero!" Sakura cried. She pulled him off of the case. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Ya, but my energy has been drained, big time!" Kero sighed.

Sakura froze. "Oh great having a guardian with his energy drained is not the best thing when you feel a shadow card on the warpath!" Sakura whined.

"Don't worry. I'll still go with you." Kero told her.

Sakura stood up. "Let's go!" She said.

***

The card led them to the school, where they met Tomoyo. "What are you doing here?" Sakura asked. I saw this big dome thing land over here so I figured you would be coming." Tomoyo explained.

"Well lets look for the card." Sakura said and gripped her staff. She walked for a few feet. "Sakura stop!" Kero shouted. It was too late. Sakura took another step and was thrown into a magical dome.

Sakura searched her surroundings. She was in her bedroom, sitting on her bed. Suddenly different people began to surround the bed.

There was Syaoran, Kero, Tomoyo, Yukito, Touya, Fujitaka, Melien, Eriol, Yue, Ruby, Spinal Sun, Kaho and all her other friends.

"What are all of you doing here?" Sakura asked.

"Sakura, you are no longer fit to be the master of the Clow cards!" Kero accused.

"You're too weak to handle them." Yue agreed.

Sakura's heart shattered. "How could this be!?" She cried.

"Just admit it Sakura. You were never that good." Melien and Syaoran said in unison.

Soon all the ones she loved and cared for were telling her how much they hated her.

Sakura put her hands to her ears and shook her head. "NO! This can't be real! It's the illusion card!" She shouted. She looked up, expecting everything to be gone and to be in the park, but she was still in her bedroom. "What!? Why didn't it work!?"