Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cherry Blossom Destiny ❯ The Key to the Future ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cherry Blossom's Destiny

Selene Serenity

AN: I'm back with the next chapter of Cherry Blossom's Destiny. Things are going to get a bit interesting so please R+R!

In the last chapter we left with Sakura trapped in an illusion dome with no way of getting out. What will she need to do to escape!? Now back to the story.

Chapter Three

Sakura ducked under the covers of the bed to try and muffle the sound of the people's taunts. It hurt her even though she knew it was not the friends and family she knew.

Sakura shook her head to clear her mind and think calmly. `Well I know neither Kero or Tomoyo can come in her because there is a magical barrier that would most likely hurt them both very badly, or worst. Tomoyo, because she had no magical powers to back her up, and Kero, because he had been drained of energy from that box in her room.

A thought suddenly hit Sakura. She jumped out of the bed and pushed past the others. She released her wand, with all of the people staring at her. She held up one card with her index and middle finger. She tossed it up into the air and it floated there as Sakura pulled her staff into the air and tapped on the card. "Through card! Release!" She cried. The card remained in the air and nothing happened.

"Release!" She cried again and again, but it wouldn't work. Tear blurred her vision.

"See I told you she was too weak!" Syaoran laughed evilly.

"Why won't it work!? Am I going to be stuck here forever!?" She wondered aloud. "No, I can get help." She reminded herself. She dug into her pocket and pulled out her cell phone. "Now who do I call."

For some reason, the first person that lept to her mind, was Yue. She dialed Yukito's number and waited for someone to pick up.

***

Yukito was fast asleep in bed when the phone rang. For the first few rings he kept asleep, but soon he was shaken awake by the rings.

He reached his arm out to pick up the phone on his bedside table. "Hello?" He said groggily.

"Yuki! I need help!" A scared voice cried.

"Who is this?" He said, seeming much more awake now.

"It's, it's Sakura." The voice sputtered.

"Sakura? Where are you? Are you all right?" Yukito asked worriedly.

"I need help! YUE! I need your help!" She cried hysterically.

***

Yue was listening from the second he heard Sakura's voice on the phone. Now he knew it was time to get to her and help. He made Yukito sleep and came out. He picked up the phone that Yuki had dropped when he changed.

"Mistress? Are you still there?" Yue asked.

"Yue? Yes! I'm still here! Please help!" Sakura pleaded.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm……." There was silence.

"Sakura? Sakura? Are you there?" Yue demanded, but there was no reply.

Yue hung up the phone and sighed heavily. He crept silently to the window and opened and proceeded to fly out. He searched for Sakura's magic and flew to where it felt the strongest.

***

"I'm……." Sakura started, when suddenly the illusion Eriol shot an attack at the telephone and knocked it to the ground and shattered it to pieces. "NO!" Sakura shouted. Her tears now stained her face. "What do I do now?" She choked and closed her eyes tightly.

***

Yue spotted Cerobearous and Tomoyo on the ground and flew down to them. When he came closer he saw that their expressions were of shock and horror. "What happened?" He asked.

"Sakura walked into that dome, and we think she's trapped." Tomoyo cleared her throat.

"Why haven't either of you gone in after her!?" He demanded.

"We can't! It may kill us because of its magical elements. I was drained of most of my energy earlier today so neither of us can go in." Kero explained.

"Then I'm going in." Yue decided. He hovered over to the dome and went in.

When he looked around the dome, he saw his mistress' bedroom. He couldn't see Sakura anywhere, although he did see a complete copy of himself and of all of Sakura's friends and family. They were making fun of Sakura and telling her awful things that were not true at all.

Then he saw it. He saw the blanket next to the bed quiver. Yue walked over to the blanket and lifted it up. Under it lay his mistress, Sakura, curled up in a ball and sobbing hysterically. Yue got down on his knees. "Sakura, are you alright?" He asked and tried to put his hand on her cheek. Sakura pushed his hand away.

"Leave me alone!" She cried.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "It's me, Yue." He tried to tell her.

"No! You're not the real Yue! Your just an illusion!" Sakura shouted.

"Mistress, Sakura. How can I get you to believe me?" Yue asked.

Sakura started kicking and punching at him to get him away, but Yue wrapped his arms around her tightly. "Sakura! I am not an illusion! I would never say those horrible lies about you and neither would any of your other friends." He assured her. "You are the true card mistress and no one you know denies that."

Sakura began to calm. "Really?" She choked.

"Yes really." Yue nodded. He let go of her and she sat across from him on the ground. "Shall we go now? Why did you not try to get out on your own?"

"I did but the through card wouldn't work. I tried my hardest, honestly!" Sakura explained.

"Mistress, may I see that new necklace of yours?" He asked.

"Sakura nodded. "Alright, but don't go back to the `mistress' thing again." She grumbled and took the necklace off and handed it to Yue.

Yue examined it. "I thought so." He muttered.

"What?" Sakura asked.

"When you showed this to me before I thought it had a magical aura. Now I realize it's not just a necklace, but another key." Yue explained.

"Really? Well then I might be able to use those incantations I got."

"What incantations?" Yue asked.

"I received some incantations from someone." She explained.

"From who?"

"I don't know, but I'm going to try them." Sakura held out the new key. "I call upon the powers of sun, the moon, and stars! Release the staff that I may use, against the cards that he will choose! Release!" She cried. The key extended into a staff that was slightly longer than her last one. There was a gold star on the top with a hole in the middle of the star. In the hole was the rose quartz stone. On the top corners of the star were a sun charm and a moon charm. Sakura pulled out the through card and threw it up in the air. "The shadow of night is upon us now so I call upon the cards of Clow! Through card! Release you power now!"

The illusion people faded away and only Sakura and Yue were left in the empty dome. The dome itself disappeared and they were standing in front of Kero and Tomoyo. "You did it!" Tomoyo cheered.

"Are you alright?" Kero asked and flew over to her.

"I guess so." Sakura said a little shaky.

Yue placed his hands on her shoulders from behind her. "Our Mistress has been through a lot tonight." He explained. "We better get her home now." Yue suggested.

Kero and Tomoyo nodded. "Kero, would you mind carrying me to my house?" Tomoyo asked with a wink.

"Why? Can't you just walk?" Kero asked. Tomoyo glanced over at Yue and Sakura. "Oh……OH!" Kero coughed and motioned for Tomoyo to get on his back. "I'm going to take Tomoyo home you two. Yue would you mind taking Sakura home?" He asked.

Yue blinked at his brother and starred at him blankly. `Those two are up to something. I know it.' He sighed in his mind. "Of course." He nodded.

"Thanks Yue!" Tomoyo giggled and sat on Kero's back and they flew off into the night sky.

"Let's go Sakura." Yue whispered in her ear.

"Thank-you Yue. If you had not come I would have been stuck in there forever." Sakura yawned. "I'd fly home myself, but I'm just….so….so...tired." She said falling in and out of sleep. She then fell against Yue's chest.

"Don't worry about it. I'll take you home." Yue assured her.

"Thanks Yue." She mumbled and finally fell asleep.

Yue spread out his wings and held Sakura in his arms so she was in somewhat of a sitting position. He took off into the sky.

***

The next day Sakura walked out of her house with Kero on her shoulder. She held her old key and her new one in her right hand. "So what are we doing again?" Kero asked.

"We're going to see Eriol to see if he can explain the new key I got." Sakura explained for about the thirtieth time.

"Oh yeah." Kero sighed. At this point it was so early in the morning that no one was really awake besides for them so Kero could be out in the open. They walked over to Tomoyo's house where she was waiting for them at the front steps.

"It's about time you got here." Tomoyo sighed.

"Well I'm sorry, but sleepy head over here didn't want to wake up." Kero said pointing at Sakura.

"Hey! You know I'm not a morning person!" Sakura pointed out.

"Ya whatever." Kero sighed. Tomoyo just laughed at all this.

"Well let's get going to Eriol's house." Tomoyo suggested. Sakura nodded and the two girls started walking down the street.

"Hey! Wait up!" Kero cried and flew to catch up with them. Just as he reached them they all heard the ringing of a bell. They turned around and saw Yukito riding up to them on his bike.

"Hi Yuki!" Tomoyo and Sakura chorused.

"Hello Sakura, Tomoyo, Kero." He nodded at them all. "What are you three up to?" He asked.

"We were just going over to Eriol's place to see if he can explain my new key to me." Sakura explained.

Yue mentally squirmed inside Yuki's mind. "Um, I don't think Yue likes that too much." Yukito told them.

"Why Yue?" Sakura blinked.

"Why did you say that!?" Yue demanded inside Yuki's mind.

"Oops. Sorry." Yuki apologized to Yue.

"Oh….just let me talk to her." Yue sighed.

"Yue wants to talk to you so I'll be leaving now!" Yuki laughed just before falling asleep. Soon Yue stood before them.

"So what's the big deal Yue?" Kero asked.

"Nothing, I, uh just thought it would be a good idea if I go as well." Yue told him.

"Oh, well then lets go." Sakura smiled and took Yuki's bike be the handle bars and walked it along with them. "Oh and Yue,"

"Yes?"

"Lose the wings."

***

Once they reached Eriol's house they were immediately greeted by Nakuru. "Hey guys!" She cried cheerfully. "What are you doing here?"

"Sakura got a new key and she wants Eriol to look at it." Tomoyo explained.

"Oh sure I'll go tell him. You can all wait in the main hall." Nakuru told them. She dashed out of sight to find Eriol.

"That girl has way too much energy." Kero sweat dropped.

A few minutes later Nakuru came back walking next to Eriol. "Hello everyone." Eriol smiled at them.

"Hi Eriol." Sakura and Tomoyo smiled in return.

"Sakura, may I see your new key?" Eriol asked and held out his hand. Sakura nodded and placed the key in his hand. "Thank-you." Eriol proceeded to the living room and sat on his chair. The others followed him. Nakuru, Sakura and Tomoyo sat on the couch across from him while Kero sat in Sakura's lap and Yue stood next to the couch.

Eriol inspected the key closely. At some points he would close his eyes and sense it's power and energy. Finally Eriol handed the key back to Sakura. "Well?" Tomoyo said.

"This key draws most of it's power from Sakura's star as her last one did, but it also takes power from Cerobearous and Yue or the sun and moon in other words." Eriol explained.

"But I thought Kero and Yue's power supply came from my star." Sakura pointed out.

"Well yes," Eriol agreed. "but they also get power from the moon and sun so this key will receive power from all three sources." He explained.

"Oh I get it now." Sakura giggled.

"Sakura, where did you get this and those incantations you have for it?" Eriol asked with curiosity.

"Um….." Sakura mumbled and blushed.

"She got it from a secret admirer!" Tomoyo blurted out. Sakura's face only got redder.

"Oh, I see." Eriol said with a smirk.

"What's so funny?" Kero asked.

"Oh nothing." He muttered.

"If that's all I'm going to leave now." Yue told them and he changed back to Yuki.

"Uh hey guys." He smiled and waved with his usual `I-just-came-back-from-being-Yue' look.

"Hi Yuki." Sakura replied. "I'll show you where we put your bike. Okay?"

"Sure." Yuki said and followed her outside. Kero also went out with them.

"Well, I'm going to go back to my room and take a nice little nap." Nakuru yawned and walked to her room.

"It's Yue isn't it?" Tomoyo said simply.

"Of course it is." Eriol grinned and winked at her. "Who else would it be?"

Tomoyo shrugged. "I knew you knew when you smirked." Tomoyo giggled. "You're lucky Yue didn't realize you know."

"That's for sure." Eriol laughed.

"Well, I better get going." Tomoyo said pointing at the door.

"I've got a better idea." Eriol grinned. "Why don't the two of us go get some lunch." He suggested.

"Sure! I'd love to!" Tomoyo agreed cheerfully.