Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cherry Blossom Destiny ❯ Memories of the Past ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cherry Blossom Destiny

Chapter six

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS, it is property of Clamp. This story IS mine so please don't copy or put this on your site without asking.

Author's notes: Yes, another chapter of CBD. This is a very important chapter in mine opinion and I hope you like it! There's nothing else I can really say without spoiling anything so please read and review.

~Chapter five~

"Ah…so you are the little girl destined to be the card mistress." A male voice sneered.

"What!?" Sakura gasped and turned around as she heard the voice behind her. "Who are you?" She asked.

"Me? You want to know who I am?" The voice cackled. "You will know soon enough."

"Tell me who you are!" Sakura demanded. "Where are you?"

"I'm where you least expect, little cherry blossom, Sakura."

"How do you know who I am!?" Sakura was shocked.

The voice laughed with so much evil that it made Sakura shiver. The voice slowly faded away until it was only a whisper, then it disappeared all together.

"WHO ARE YOU!?" She shouted.

***

"WHO ARE YOU!?" Sakura shouted as she sat right up in her bed. Beads of sweat dripped down her face and tears came from her eyes. "A dream?" She sighed as she buried her face in her hands.

"Sakura! Are you okay?" Kero asked as he fluttered over to her and sat on her shoulder.

"Ya…I just had a dream." She faked a smile.

"Sakura, you know what happens when you have certain dreams." Kero pointed out.

"I know." Sakura nodded and got out of bed. "I just need to take a walk." Sakura said and walked over to her closet and pulled out a simple, pink spring dress.

"At midnight!?" Kero freaked out.

"Yes, I need the air. I'll be back soon." Sakura told him as she walked to the door. "You go back to sleep." Sakura went to the bathroom and changed. She then walked to the front door and made sure she was wearing her key and had the book of Clow in her pocket. `Just in case.' She told herself.

As she walked around town she reflected on her dream. `That was too real to be a "just a dream" dream. It had to be a vision. Who was that guy? What does he want from me?'

Suddenly the voice invaded her mind. "Sakura…I'm coming for you and the cards…" He cackled.

"Get out!!!!!!!!!!!" Sakura screamed. She put her hands to her head and shook her head rapidly. "Leave me alone!"

"No…I'm tracking you down and I'll find you and kill you!" He told her.

"NO!" Sakura took out her key. "Oh key that gathers power from the sun, the moon, and stars! Release the staff that I may use, against the cards that he will chose!" She then pulled out the fly card. "The shadow of night is upon us now so I call upon the cards of Clow!" Two feathery wings appeared on her back. She flew as hard as she could to get away from the voices but it followed her.

***

Sakura had no clue how long she had been flying when the voice finally stopped. "I better see where I am." Sakura decided and descended to the ground.

Screeching

Brakes

Bang

Crash

Blackness

***

"Mom! You hit her!" A boy cried from the car.

"Oh my gosh! Where did she come from? I didn't even see her!" His mother replied.

They both got out of the car and dashed over to her. The mother checked the girls pulse. "She's still alive! Go call 911 on my cell phone. The boy nodded and went back to the car and dialed 911.

Soon the ambulance arrived and took the girl to the hospital and the boy and his mother in their car behind them. In the girl's right hand she clutched on to a necklace. In her left hand she held tightly to a book.

During the examination of the girl the doctor tried to take away the necklace and book, but the girl refused. She kicked and moaned. She would not part with them.

***

The girl slowly awoke. She blinked a few times to focus her vision. She was lying in a hospital. "Oh! You're finally awake!" A young, male voice said. The girl turned her head to she who belonged to the voice.

A young man, that was a little older than her sat in a chair next to the bed she was in. He had dark brown, flat mop of hair. His eyes were green and tired looking. He wore a blue shirt and black pants. "Who are you?" She asked.

"My name is Kyle Hayward." The boy told her. "My mom and I accidentally hit you with our car. "We honestly didn't mean to!" He cried flustered.

"Don't worry." The girl smiled and placed her hand on his.

"So, who are you?" Kyle asked.

"Me? I'm….I…I" The girl's face went blank. "I don't know?" She replied in shock.

"That's what the doctor said might happen. They said you might have amnesia." Kyle sighed.

"WHAT!?" She gasped.

The door to the room opened and a woman walked in. She had short blond hair and green eyes. She wore a white knee skirt the clung to her legs and a peach blouse. "Hello…" She said nervously. "I…I was the one who hit you. I'm so sorry. I didn't even see you."

"It's alright." The girl said sadly.

"Mom, she has amnesia." Kyle explained.

"Oh, I see. Let us make it up to you by taking you home to stay with us until we can find someone who knows you." Mrs. Hayward offered.

"Thank you." Sakura replied.

The girl looked down at the items in her hand. "What are these?" She wondered aloud.

"You wouldn't let go of them. They seemed very precious to you." Kyle explained.

"Oh…" She sighed and looked down at the book. On the cover of the book the word Clow was on it. "Clow…" She said and opened the book. Inside was a set of cards. At the bottom of all the cards, the name, Sakura was on it. "My name will be Sakura Clow." The girls announced.

"Sakura Clow?" Kyle blinked. "Oh well."

"You rest here more before we take you to our house."

***

"Sakura!" Touya cried. "Sakura!" Everyone was searching for Sakura, who had been missing for hours. All four guardians were searching from the sky while everyone else searched from the ground.

Yue had decided to go flying over towns just in case. As he flew over a town he picked up Sakura's magic. He flew down to the ground. When he landed Yue made his wings disappear. He walked around until he reached a plain white house. A car was just pulling into the driveway. Inside were a woman, a young man and…Sakura.

"Come on Sakura!" The boy said after stepping out of the car. Sakura slowly got out. She followed the woman and the boy.

"I wish I could remember who I was." Sakura muttered.

"What? She's lost her memory?" Yue flew off back to Tomeda.

He landed at the park where Tomoyo happened to be. "Did you find her?" Tomoyo asked.

"Yes, she's in another town with another family. She has lost her memories." Yue told her.

"What!?" Tomoyo gasped. "That does it! The two of us are going there to get her memories back." Tomoyo cried.

"Why us?" Yue asked.

"Why us!? Well because I'm her best friend and you well you're her guardian!" Tomoyo explained.

"Well why not someone else, like Syaoran or Touya?" Yue shrugged.

"Yue! You are really starting to tick me off! Sakura is in some other town with complete strangers, without her memories and you can't even put your self pity aside to save her!" Tomoyo explained. "I thought you loved her, but I guess I was wrong." She sighed.

"What!?" Yue was taken aback.

"You heard me! I know you're the one who has been giving Sakura all those gifts." Tomoyo glared at him.

"How did you find out?" He wondered.

"Please! I'm not blind. I always notice this type of stuff!" Tomoyo huffed.

"Does anyone else know?"

"Yes, Eriol knows as well from the necklace. He traced your power on it." Tomoyo replied. "Now are you coming or not!?" She asked.

"Yes…" Yue sighed. "I'll have to carry you." He explained.

"Ya, but let me get some stuff first. "Who knows how long we'll be there."

Yue nodded. "Wait here!" Tomoyo called as she ran to her house.

When she came out of her house all packed Eriol was waiting at the sidewalk. "Eriol?"

"You're going to Sakura aren't you?" Eriol guessed.

"Yes." Tomoyo nodded.

"Take this and tell Yue to chant it when you get there." Eriol said and handed her a scroll. He held on to her hands. Eriol leaned forward and kissed Tomoyo softly on the lips. "Be careful." He whispered.

"I will." Tomoyo promised. She then ran back to the park.

"Let's go." She said to Yue when she got to the park.

"Right." Yue said. He held Tomoyo around the waist and spread out his wings. They then flew higher and higher into the sky.

When they reached the house Sakura was brought to Yue landed behind some trees. "Now what?" He wondered.

"Well we're going to try and bring back her memories obviously. But we should do it slowly, which means that you are going to have to look somewhat normal. So lose the wings." Tomoyo sighed.

Yue closed his eyes and his wings disappeared in a flash of light. They then approached the house. "No, wait." Tomoyo stopped Yue. She dug the scroll Eriol had given her and handed it to Yue. "Eriol told me to have you recite what's on the scroll." She explained.

Yue unwrapped the scroll and looked it over. "An illusion incantation?" Yue arched his eyebrow. He shrugged. "I'll try, but I don't know what it will do. Forces of magic! This is an order from Clow Reed himself! Use thy power to form together and create thy grand illusion!" He recited. A strong wind blew past them and a burst of light flashed behind the two of them. They both turned around and a new house was there where it had not before.

"COOL!" Tomoyo cried with delight. She dashed over and opened the door and walked in. She placed her stuff inside and sat down in a chair that was in the first room. "This is perfect." She nodded in satisfaction.

Yue walked over to another seat and sat down stiffly. "So how do we go about bringing her memory back?" He asked.

"We go and talk to her." Tomoyo replied. We'll drop little hints of her past and it should slowly bring her back to normal."

"And how do you know this will work?" Yue wondered.

"Just trust me okay?" Tomoyo sighed and slumped backwards.

"Do you want to play Sakura?" A young male voice asked from outside.

"Ya sure." A familiar voice replied.

Tomoyo dashed to the door and looked out. Sakura and a boy were started a one on one game of soccer game. "There she is!" Tomoyo squeaked. "Lets go!" She shouted and dragged Yue outside.

Yue was struggling the entire time until Tomoyo finally stopped. "Would you let me go!?" He screamed.

Tomoyo leaned back. "Okay, okay!" She sweat dropped.

"Uh, can we help you?" The boy said. He and Sakura were both starring at them.

Tomoyo nervously giggled then composed herself. "We just moved here. My name is Tomoyo, and this is my er, um, brother…Yue." She told them.

Yue leaned next to Tomoyo. "Brother?" He mumbled into her ear. Tomoyo just shrugged.

"Oh! Well I'm Kyle and this is my friend, Sakura Clow." He introduced them.

`Sakura Clow?' Yue and Tomoyo both laughed in their minds.

"Where did you come from?" Sakura asked.

"We used to live in Tomeda." Tomoyo replied. "Boy, I sure miss Touya and Yukito and Kero. Don't you Yue?" Tomoyo sighed.

"Oh yes, and don't forget Syaoran, Meling, Eriol, Spinal Sun and Nakuru." Yue added.

Sakura froze momentarily. "Sakura, are you all right?" Kyle asked.

"Yes, I just thought I remembered something, but I guess not." Sakura replied.

Tomoyo and Yue hung their heads.

"Kyle! Sakura! Time to come in for dinner!" Mrs. Hayward called from the house.

"Well we have to go." Kyle told Tomoyo and Yue. "Bye." He turned and began to walk to the house.

Sakura stayed where she was and starred at Tomoyo and Yue. " Do I…."

"Are you coming Sakura?" Kyle called.

"Yes, I'm coming." She replied. "Good-bye." She smiled at them and left.

***

A few days passed and Tomoyo and Yue would come to Kyle's house twice a day and dropped hints to Sakura, hoping she would remember but nothing seemed to be working.

On the fourth day Yue and Tomoyo were over with Sakura and Kyle. They were simply talking about anything that came to mind. "So I lost my key yesterday. Then it popped out of nowhere. It was like magic." Tomoyo said. She glanced over to see is Sakura had reacted, but…nothing.

Suddenly a flash of light flew right passed them. "What was that!?" Kyle cried. "Yue, you don't think it was a…" Tomoyo whispered.

"Shadow card?" Yue finished. "Yes."

"Oh wonderful." Tomoyo sighed.

The light dashed straight for Sakura. She dodged it but it came right back at her. "It must be the shot card." Yue guessed.

"We have to help Sakura. She's its target." Tomoyo worried.

Kyle was completely freaked out now.

The shot card trapped Sakura against the outside wall of Kyle's house. It began to hurtle towards her. Sakura screamed as loud as she could. "Help me!" She cried. She squeezed her eyes shut and prayed that she would be okay.

The hit never came. Sakura slowly opened her eyes and saw Yue standing in front of her but now he looked different. He had two white wings coming from his back and he looked more angelic now. He faced her and had his wings spread out. The shot came and slammed right into him. Feathers flew everywhere and Yue fell to the ground and passed out. "YUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Sakura screamed. At that moment something snapped in her mind. Memories came flowing back to her. Her key gave off a brilliant light and it floated off her neck into the air. The Clow book glowed as well. Sakura took hold of the key and held it up. With tears in her eyes she chanted, "Oh key that gathers power from the sun the moon and Stars! Release the staff that I may use against the cards that he will chose!" Her wand extended into her staff. She pulled out a Clow card as the shot card advanced towards her. "The shadow of night is upon us now so I call upon the cards of Clow! Mirror card! Release your powers now!" A mirror appeared in her hands. Sakura held it out and the shot hit it and bounced back. It landed on the ground and tried to refresh itself. "Shadow shot! Return to your powers confined!" She shouted and held up her staff. The card floated over to her. Sakura then collapsed on to the ground. She broke down and cried.

"Sakura!" Tomoyo cried and ran over to her best friend. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Tomoyo!" Sakura cried and threw her arms around Tomoyo's neck and cried in her shoulder. "I forgot everything! Then it all rushed back to me!" She wailed.

"It's all right…" Tomoyo calmed her.

Sakura's head shot back up. "Yue!" She yelped and dashed over to Yue who laid on the ground, unconscious. Sakura shook him to try and wake him. "Yue! Wake up!" She cried. Her tears dripped on to Yue's face. Slowly his eyes opened. He groaned a bit and sat up. "Yue! You're okay!" Sakura smiled and hugged him tightly. Yue was taken aback. (AGAIN!)

"Yes, I'm fine. What about you?" He asked.

Sakura let go of Yue a knelt in front of him. "I'm fine." She replied. "I'm sorry I worried you if I did."

"It's all right. It wasn't your fault." Yue assured her.

"Um…what's going on?" Kyle squeaked.

Sakura, Tomoyo and Yue looked up at Kyle. "Uh oh." Sakura gulped. "Kyle, we have a lot to tell you now don't we?"

Kyle nodded. The three of them sat together with Kyle and explained what was going on.

***

After the explanation Sakura stood up. "Now we really have to go." She told him.

Kyle nodded. "All right."

"You have to promise that you won't tell anyone." Sakura ordered him.

"Yes, I know." Kyle assured. Her. "Your secret's safe with me."

"Good-bye then." Sakura smiled.

"Bye." Tomoyo grinned.

"Yes, good-bye." Yue nodded. "You ready Tomoyo?" He asked.

"Yes." Tomoyo replied. Yue spread out his wings and picked up Tomoyo. Sakura called forth the fly card. They all shot up into the sky.

Author's notes: So what did you think? Wasn't it fantastic!? Oh great now I sound cocky! Didn't mean to! ^_^ I loved writing this chapter!