Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cherry Blossom Destiny ❯ A little CHANGE of pace ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cherry Blossom Destiny

Chapter Six

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS it is property of Clamp. This story on the other hand is mine so if you want it on your site please ask me first.

Author's notes: Ya I'm back again. I want to finish this story first before I continue others. Well Sakura, Yue and Tomoyo are back home. It's been about a week since the accident and Sakura has had no dreams. But more are on their way. Again this is going to be a chapter filled with Sakura and Co. capturing shadows cards. So here we go!

~Chapter six~

Sakura flicked the clasps on her roller blades on tight and stood up. She grabbed her bag and flung it on to her shoulders. She opened the door and pushed off with her right foot and rolled down the driveway to the street. When she reached the curb, Sakura stopped. She looked around as if searching for something. "Touya?" She piped.

"Sakura, Touya's staying home today." Fujitaka called from the door.

"Why?" Sakura asked.

"He has a bad cold." He replied.

"Oh, tell him to get better soon!" Sakura waved. "Bye!" She then turned and rolled to school.

On the way she ran into Yukito. "Hi Yuki!" She smiled.

"Hello Sakura." He smiled back. "Where's Touya?" he wondered.

"He's home sick today." Sakura replied.

"Oh I see. I'll drop by later today." Yuki told her.

"All right." Sakura nodded.

***

In the middle of 4th period Sakura was working on a group project with Eriol, Tomoyo, Chiharu and Naoko in science class. "I can't believe the only thing we could come up with is a model volcano." Eriol sighed.

"It's so boring!" Chiharu whined.

"Well it's one step up from the other choice we had; a model rocket." Sakura pointed out.

"That's true. That would have been really stupid." Naoko agreed.

The loud speaker in the classroom squeaked on and the secretary's voice came on. "Would Sakura Kinomoto please come to the office? Sakura Kinomoto please"

"Me?" Sakura squeaked.

"Why do you think they want you?" Tomoyo wondered.

Sakura shrugged. "I better go now." She said and walked out into the hall.

When she reached the office Sakura walked over to the secretary. "Hello, I'm Sakura Kinomoto. I was called down here."

"Ah, yes. You have a phone call." The secretary pointed to the phone.

"Thank-you." Sakura said before turning to the phone. She picked it up to her ear. "Hello?"

"Sakura, it's Touya." The voice on the other end replied.

"Touya! Why are you calling me in school?" Sakura wondered.

"What besides the fact that there's a giant volcano in our backyard!?" Touya cried.

"WHAT!?" Sakura screamed.

"You heard me."

"I'll be right there!" Sakura told him. "Bye."

"Bye."

Sakura hung up and walked over to the principal. "Um, sir." She murmured.

"Yes Miss Kinomoto?" He looked up at her.

"I need to go home. My brother is very sick at home and he needs me there. He's home alone." Sakura told him.

"I see. I suppose you should take care of him if he's that sick." The principal replied. "Here's a pass to go." He handed Sakura a slip of paper.

"Thank-you." Sakura took it and nodded.

***

Sakura got her stuff from her locker and was about to leave when she remembered the others. She dashed to the door and looked in the window. She waited until Tomoyo looked up then got her attention. She then held up the Clow book. And pointed behind her. Tomoyo nodded.

***

Sakura's group continued to work on their project until Tomoyo spotted Sakura at the door window. Sakura held up her Clow book and pointed behind her. Tomoyo nodded. Tomoyo leaned over to Eriol's Ear and whispered into it. "Sakura has to go capture a shadow card."

"Okay." Eriol nodded. "I'm sure she can handle it. Plus Cerobearous will be there."

Tomoyo nodded in agreement. "Right."

***

After showing Tomoyo where she was going Sakura dashed out side and slapped on her roller blades and started home.

***

Yuki was outside in tennis court having gym when he saw Sakura roller bladed away in the corner of his eye. He ran over behind the shed that held the equipment and hid. He fell back, asleep and changed into Yue. Yue spread out his wings and flew into the sky, undetected.

He reached Sakura and went down to the ground. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"Oh! Yue, I think there's a shadow card at home." Sakura told him.

"Why do you think that?" Yue wondered.

"Touya called me from home and told me there was a volcano in the backyard." Sakura explained.

"All right. Let's go." Yue nodded. "But I think you might get there a little faster if you use a Clow card." He suggested.

"Right." Sakura agreed. Sakura took of her key and held it in front of her. "Oh key that gathers powers from the sun, the moon and stars! Release the staff that I may use against the cards that he will chose!" She held her staff in left hand and pulled out the dash card in her right. "The shadow of night is upon us now so I call upon the cards of Clow!" After using the card she looked up at Yue and smiled. "See you there!" She giggled and pushed off with her skates. She was gone in an instant. Yue nodded and began to fly to Sakura's house.

When Sakura got to her house she returned the dash card and took off her roller blades and ran into the house. "Touya! I'm home!" She shouted.

"It's about time." Touya sighed.

"Well I was kind of in the middle of school." Sakura pointed out.

"So where's the volcano?" She asked.

"It's over here." Kero said as he flew in. He led Sakura to the back door and opened.

Sakura starred and gaped as she saw the huge volcano shaking the ground around them. "This isn't possible! How can a volcano suddenly appear in our backyard!?" Sakura cried. There was a silence. "Never mind, stupid question." Sakura sweat dropped.

"Ya it was." Kero laughed.

"Kero, you better change to your true form." Sakura suggested.

"Right." Kero nodded. His wings grew and surrounded him. When they spread back out Cerobearous was there. "Let's go check it out now." He said and flew up. "You coming?"

"You bet!" Sakura nodded and used the fly card and went up to join him.

"Be careful!" Touya shouted.

"We will!" Sakura assured him.

They both flew up to the spout of the volcano and slowly peered in. The lava was bubbling up slowly, but surely. "This is just perfect. "It must be the earth card right?" Sakura guessed.

"Yes. But there's something more." Kero said vaguely. "It's the firey as well."

"Wonderful…" Sakura rolled her eyes. "How do I stop it? I can't just let it explode. The whole town would be done for!"

Sakura stood up and put her hands on her shoulders. "This is crazy!" She heaved. The rock under her foot broke free and sent Sakura down the volcano. She screamed at the top of her lungs. She was so scared she didn't even think of using the fly card. As she fell it got hotter and hotter.

"Sakura!" Kero and Touya shouted.

Sakura had her arms flung above her in some attempt to grasp the sides of the volcano but she missed. Suddenly she jerked to a stop. Sakura looked beneath her. She was inches from the lava. One false move and she was toast. She then looked up and saw Yue holding on to her right arm with both of his hands. "Oh my gosh, thank you so much!" Sakura sighed as tears streamed out of her eyes. "I was so scared."

Yue nodded. He pulled her up so he could hold her around her waist and brought her up to the top of the volcano.

"Are you all right?" Kero asked.

"Yes, I'm fine." Sakura told him. She turned. "I'm fine Touya!" She shouted.

"GOOD! KEEP IT THAT WAY!" Touya steamed.

"Okay now how do I stop this thing?" Sakura wondered. The three of them starred in again.

"Hey! Look at that!" Kero said pointing inside.

"It looks like a stone with the magic circle on it." Yue pointed out. (AN: That's all I could think of calling it. You know the thing that appears when Sakura uses her staff.)

"Could that be a weak point?" Sakura wondered.

"Possibly." Kero replied. "I think if you use the freeze card on it you could most likely stop it."

"But she would have to get right down there." Yue reminded Kero.

Sakura gulped. "I'll do it." She said firmly, she sounded more confident than she felt. "Fly!" She cried. Her wings appeared and she dove down inside.

Sakura held her staff in front of her as she dove down. She was scared out of her wits but she knew she had to do this. She reached the stone. "The shadow of night is upon us now so I call upon the cards of Clow! Freeze card! Release your powers now!" From the tip of her staff a stream of ice shot out at the stone and covered it. "Yes!" Sakura smiled. Suddenly the rumbling from the volcano got worse. The lava began to bubble up higher.

"Sakura! Get out of there!" Kero shouted.

"It's going to erupt!" Yue explained.

Sakura nodded and began to fly up. As soon as she started off the lava began rising quickly. It was right under Sakura. "This is bad!" Sakura cried. She was only at the middle. If she didn't hurry the lava would hit her. Sakura gritted her teeth and gripped her staff. She concentrated all of her energy on getting up. She looked up and starred at the sky with determination as she flew up. She shot up into the sky just in time. The volcano erupted beneath her but when it did the volcano and the lava disappeared completely.

When Sakura got into the air she didn't have any energy left to land back down safely. She closed her eyes in exhaustion and plummeted down again.

***

Sakura awoke again when she felt someone catch her. She opened her eyes slightly and could barely make out the figure. `Touya?' Sakura thought. `No, Yue.' "Thank you Yue." She breathed and fell back asleep.

***

~Change~

Yuki, Touya and Sakura rode/bladed to school one day together. The sun was bright and shone down on them playfully. "What a great day!" Sakura commented. "I have a feeling today will be a good day for me."

"Ya, It's nice out today." Yuki agreed.

Out of nowhere a small creature leaped out of the woods and pounced on Yukito. "Yuki!" Sakura and Touya shouted.

"Ah!" Yuki yelped. He fell down to the ground and knocked himself unconscious.

The creature scattered away. "That's the change card!" Sakura realized. She chased after it and brought out her staff. "Windy!" She cried. Windy came out and trapped the shadow change. "Shadow change! Return to your powers confined! Change!" Sakura shouted. She took the two cards, Windy and Change and ran back to Yuki and Touya.

When she got there Yuki was just waking up. Sakura kneeled down beside him and next to Touya. "Yuki, are you okay?" Touya wondered.

Yuki squinted and looked confused. "Yuki?" He questioned. "But I'm not…"

Sakura gasped. "Oh no! The change card hit Yuki, and the only person he would be able to switch with is…Yue."

"What are you talking about Mistress?" Yuki asked.

"Ya Sakura." Touya agreed. "Hold it!" He shouted. "Mistress?"

"See! It's Yue!" Sakura cried.

"What happened?" Yue/Yuki asked.

"The change card switched you and Yukito, so you're in Yuki's body."

"Oh great…" Touya sighed. "What do we do now?" he asked.

"Well the last time this happened, Kero and Syaoran switched places. We just waited till the next day at the same time and used the change card on them, but I don't know if it will be different with the shadow cards." Sakura told them. "I'll talk to Eriol today at school and see what he says, but until then Yue, you're going to have to pull off being Yuki."

Yue arched his eyebrow at Sakura's statement. Sakura shuddered. "That's creepy." She stuttered. "It just that Yuki wouldn't do that normally, so don't do that."

"And how am I supposed to do this?" Yue asked.

"Touya, you know Yuki the best so you have to help Yue and teach him how to act." Sakura turned to her brother.

"WHAT!?" Touya yelped. "That's crazy! I can't teach him to act like Yuki. No offense Yue, but the two of you have two completely different personalities." He pointed out.

"Hold it. You mean I have to stay like this?" Yue asked.

"Yes." Sakura replied.

"Oh this is not on my top ten list." Yue sighed.

"Like its on mine?" Touya snorted.

"Guys! Lets just go!" Sakura sneered. "We're going to be late for school."

Yue grumbled and stood up and they all headed for school.

***

As soon as Sakura got into homeroom she walked over to Eriol, who was talking to Tomoyo. "We have a dilemma." She whispered as she sat down.

"What's the matter?" Eriol asked.

"On the way to school the shadow change attacked Yukito and it switched Yuki and Yue. Though I did capture the card, but I don't know how to switch them back." Sakura explained.

"What!?" Tomoyo gasped. "Where's Yue now?"

"He's with Touya, pretending to be Yuki." Sakura replied.

"Oh, that might take a lot of convincing." Tomoyo giggled.

"Sakura, may I see the shadow change?" Eriol asked.

Sakura nodded and pulled out the card and handed it to Eriol. Eriol examined it very carefully. "Ah ha! Just what I thought." He grinned.

"What is it?" Sakura wondered.

"Look at the top of the card." Eriol pointed. Sakura and Tomoyo looked at where he pointed. At the top left corner was a 7 sketched in.

"What does that mean?" Sakura asked.

"It indicates how long the switch will stay until the holder of the card can reverse it. If you don't change them back in exactly 7 days they will be stuck like that."

"Well I've done it before so I can do it again. Right?" Sakura took the card back.

"I'm sure you can. I'm not worried about you. I'm worried about Yue pulling off being Yukito and Yukito using Yue's power if need be." Eriol pointed out.

"Oh yeah…" Sakura sighed.

Author's notes: Hey, kind of a weird thought isn't it? Yue being Yuki? He he he…I'm so strange aren't I? Well the next chapter should be interesting. So look out for it!