Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cherry Blossoms Bloom Every Spring ❯ To the Future ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cherry Blossoms Bloom Every Spring

By: Sorano

Chapter One

Disclaimer: CCS does not belong to me. It belongs to Kodansha and the extremely talented CLAMP.

A/N: The sequel is finally here! I'll try my best to make it good, minna!

* * *

Sakura gazed into the mirror. Who am I? What's happened to me? She looked so different now. She had cut her hair back to it's length from when she was a child, but it had lost it's glow. Her eyes were rimmed with dark circles and her face was pale. I look like I'm half- dead. Is my life ruined forever?

The pregnancy was tough and was taking it's toil on Sakura. After spending years dieting, on the verge on anorexia, she gained all her weight back in a couple months. She couldn't help it; she was so hungry all the time. Her friends reassured her she wasn't fat, but she couldn't help but feel gross. What she'd do to have her slim figure back.

Sakuru tried on yet another dress, one of her own and not the silly things her best friend used to make for her. A slim black thing, she couldn't even fit in over her shoulders. Depressed, she threw it on her bed with the ever growing pile. Tonight was Syaoran's seventeenth birthday party, a very important occaision because the Li elders and Li Yelan would be there."Please don't make me go," Sakura begged of her seven year boyfriend. "Look at me. Look at my stomach." "Sakura-chan. It's my birthday. It's very important to me that you go. I think you look great." "You're only saying that because I'm your girlfriend," Sakura pouted. "No, you look fine." "People make fun of me. Either for being fat, or for being pregnant." "Nobody could ever make fun of you, Sakura-chan. Everyone loves you. And if they ever think of hurting you I'll…"

"How did Okaasan do it?" Sakura mused, trying to fit into a red sequined mini-dress this time. "She didn't stop modeling until a week before I was born. She doesn't look the least bit fat in any pictures during that time. Oh, 'kaasan, I could use your help right now. I don't know what I'm going to do." A wave of sadness rolled over Sakura. It would've been nice to have her mother around for all this. Someone who truly knew what she was going through and could comfort her.

"So…how do I look, Kero-chan?" Sakura posed for the little yellow creature sitting behind her on the bed.

Kero forced a smile." Great. Go have fun, Sakura-chan."

Sighing, Sakura grabbed her purse and left. What she had on now would have to do.

"Bye, Otousan!" Sakura called over her shoulder as she passed the living room. Fujitaka looked up from the game on TV. "Bye, Sakura-chan. Have a good time." Fujitaka was still upset about Sakura being pregnant and her past lifestyle, but he was getting over it. Just the other day he went shopping with Sakura to pick out baby clothes.

Sakura was glad he didn't disown her. She had heard of some fathers doing that, even if the girl had got raped or something. Some of her old friends had just been dumped out in the streets, their parents thought they were 'dirty'. Maybe that's how the girls got so screwed up. Sakura smiled softly to herself. I'm glad Otousan is so sweet and loves me.

Tomoyo gave her a frown as Sakura sat in the backseat of her private limousine. "Are you really going to be okay for this? I mean, it's less than a month until your little baby is born. Should you be out partying?"

"It's my boyfriend's birthday, Tomoyo-chan. I have an obligation to go. I want to see him become Head Li.

"Oi, can I be the god mother, Sakura? Please?"

"I guess so. Yukito-san is being the god father, if that's alright with you."

"Of course it is. Do you know what you're going to name it?"

"I haven't really thought of it. I don't even know if it's a boy or girl."

"How abo-"

"You know what, Tomoyo? Let's talk about something else, okay?"

Though she would never admit it, Sakura was getting a little tired of talking about the baby. She shouldn't have to deal with this stuff. Sure it was exciting for her friends, but they weren't having a baby at seventeen. She winced at the hurt look on Tomoyo's face. Oh, it's not her fault. I can't be so cold to Tomoyo.

"Sure. What would you like to talk about? We haven't had a good talk in a long time."

"Anything." Sakura pressed her head against the cold window. She had a splitting headache all of a sudden.

"Oi, Sakura-chan? Daijoubu? Do you want to go home?"

"Iie!" Sakura snapped, harsher than she had intended. "I really wish everyone would stop asking me that. Ara, Tomoyo-chan! Gomen nasai, it's ok. I'm okay."

Tomoyo shrugged and looked out the window. "We're here." The driver let them out, saying Sonomi requested the 'ladies' home by midnight. Sakura complained at this, while Tomoyo commented Sakura needed her sleep.

The party was held in the grand banquet hall of a ritzy hotel and wasn't quite what everyone was expecting for a teenage boy's party. It was far different than the sort of parties Sakura had gotten used to over the past couple years. To start, there was no couples making out on the lawn, nor drugs. A lot of Syaoran's relatives had come down from Hong Kong because they were going to make Syaoran head of the Li Clan that night. Some of their classmates had come as well, but it really was a small guest list.

What surprised Sakura the most was how formal it was. There was no loud music booming from a boombox stashed underneath a million boxes of pizza, rather an elderly Li playing classical pieces at the grand piano.

The windows were drawn and candles and chandalibras lighted the large ballroom. There was fine furniture laid around the perimeter of the room, and a large banquet table was in the far end of the room.

"Wow…" was all that Sakura could say. "This is a lot different than I expected. I mean, this is a seventeen year old boy's birthday party?"

"The Li's are rich," Tomoyo reminded her awe-struck friend. "And this is an important occasion. They want to make a good impression."

Instead of the mobbing drunk crowds Sakura was used to, or even noisy school dances, about fifty elegant people milled around- socially, sipping wine, waltzing.

An older man, with a mustache and graying hair, dressed in an expensive tux, approached them. "And you are?" He asked with my curiosity, holding up his wineglass.

"Kinomoto Sakura," the girl replied confidently. "Is Syaoran-kun around?"

The man smiled in a way that gave Sakura the creeps.

"Oh, he's around, Sakura." He tapped his finger against the glass thoughtfully. "Oh, yes. The Clow mistress. Syaoran has told us so much about you. You're just as beautiful as he said." Sakura blushed. "He is quite fond of you, our Syaoran." He peeked above the girls' heads and smiled. "If you'll excuse me, it was wonderful meeting you girls," he murmured and headed away from them.

"I don't think I like him," Sakura announced once he dissapered from their view .

"How can you say that, Sakura? You don't know him."

"I just…he doesn't seem very nice. I get the feeling he didn't mean a single word he said, you know? He seemed rather hostile…"

Tomoyo laughed and grabbed her friend's arm. "Come on. Let's go find your boyfriend and get you too dancing."

They found Syaoran trapped in a corner with bunch of his relatives. It appeared they had been bugging him all evening, and he was more than glad to see them. "Thank God!" was his greeting to them as he glared his relatives away.

"What you all talking about?" Sakura asked bluntly. "I'm sure you're relatives just wanted to see you because you've been here such a long time."

"It's alright," Syaoran reassured her with a heavy sigh. "They were telling me about my 'duty' and all that. I have to make a speech at dinner tonight and I have to pick my…"

Sakura's ears perked up at this. "Pick your what?"

Syaoran blushed; something they were all used to seeing by now. "Uh, nothing. Want some cake, Sakura-chan?"

"Iie, arigato."

"Please stop worrying about your weight, Sakura-chan. A little piece of cake isn't going to hurt you."

"I'm not very hungry."

"Nani? You're always hungry? Daijoubu?" Now it was Syaoran's turn to play up the ignorant one.

"Hai, I want to be able to eat that delicious dinner."

"In that case, would you rather dance?" Syaoran extended his hand to Sakura, feeling a little foolish.

"Say 'pretty please."

Syaoran rolled his eyes at Tomoyo and she grinned, glad to be witnessing a 'moment' and wishing she had her camera with her. "You know, Sakura-chan, you shouldn't be so arrogant. I just must ask someone else."

"Who else would you ask, koishii? You know I'm the only one in the room who can stand to be with you!" Sakura was giggling and she knew Syaoran wouldn't be offended.

"Ara, Sakura-chan, I'll have you know I have received over twenty invitations to dance by charming young girls tonight and I turned each and every one of them down so I could be with you and only you."

"Ara, Syaoran-kun! Honto?" Sakura threw her arms around him, then on a second thought, stepped back. "Beg. I know you love me more than anyone else in the room."

Syaoran sighed and got down on his knees. How could a girl make him do this? Why was he even doing as she said? He shouldn't need to listen to her. She should be lis…. "Oh, fair Lady Cherry Blossom, would you be so kind as to-" He stopped when a large shadow appeared over him. His face darkened and turned cold when it met the only one he feared.

"Syaoran, what are you doing down there?" The Chinese woman's voice was sharp. "Get up immediately. You're royalty here. And who is this ridiculous girl?" Sakura bristled as the woman scanned her up and down, eyes resting on her belly. She was a tall, frightful woman and imiditated everyone, even her son.

Syaoran stood up and glared at his mother. "Okaasan, this is Kinomoto Sakura. My girlfriend. She's my guest so you are required to treat her with respect. She's also the Card Mistress." Sakura didn't like the way Syaoran was dropping her title, but it seemed to work.

A cold smile slid onto Syaoran's mother's face. "What an honor to meet you, Kinomoto-san."

"And you Li-san," Sakura mumbled, wondering if she was supposed to bow or something. There was something about this woman that made her feel inferior.

"I'm Yelan Li, the head of the Li Clan. What a charming little girl," Yelan said under her breath. "It's a shame about Mei-ling, isn't it dear?"

Sakura nodded, not liking the glint in Yelan's eyes. It seemed she was trying to imply something there that just was not right.

"Maybe you'll do. It'll be nice to have to the Cards back in the family."

"Okaasan, please," Syaoran mumbled, face getting hot with embarassment. Yelan glared at her son and stalked away.

"Don't mind her, Sakura-chan," Syaoran took his girlfriend's arm and led her out onto the dance floor. "She really wanted me to marry Mei-lnig. She…wants to keep the bloodline pure. You can understand that, ne? It's about tradition and honor. She really isn't so bad, you know."

Sakura smiled at Syaoran. "It's alright. I understand."

No, you don't. Please stop pretending everything is okay.

They waltzed about for a while, Syaoran teaching Sakura and revealing his graceful side. Sakura was on cloud nine, at least until she noticed Tomoyo sitting all by herself by the wall. She looked so sad and wistful. Almost envious. "Syaoran-kun, Tomoyo is all alone. Isn't there someone who can dance with her? Maybe one of your younger relatives."

"Gomen, Sakura. Everyone here is pretty old. Except for my sisters, but I think you were meaning of a different gender."

"Let's stop then. I'm getting a headache anyway."

"I've got to talk with the elders for a while. You go talk to your friend, and we can dance later."

* * *

The music stopped just when Sakura was starting to decide she liked classical music. People began to move towards the table where a great feast had been laid out. "Where do you think we sit, Tomoyo-chan?"

"You may sit over there, Daidouji-san," a crisp voice said. "At the far end." Are we going to be separated? "Syaoran had requested Kinomoto-san sit next to him at the head. Only important people may sit there." The lady gave a thin lipped smile. "So try to act accordingly."

A new rage filled Sakura, one of the rare times she felt hatred. How dare someone say her friend was no important? Do they not know who Tomoyo-chan is? Sakura put on her happy face and sat where she was directed. Syaoran joined her soon after and the feast began.

Looking down at her meal, Sakura felt slightly sick. How can these people eat so much? There was a mixture of Chinese and Japanese food, a lot of it Sakura didn't even recognise. It was obviously very fancy. In her head, she took up her old habit of counting up the calories. And fats. This stuff must be loaded with fat.

Her stomach lurched and she put down her chopstick, which held some type of rice. The meal was so good, but she couldn't eat any.

"Sakura-chan,daijoubu?" Syaoran's voice seemed far away. He hadn't spoken to her much during the meal but he was quick to notice her ill shade. Sakura blushed when she realised the whole table was looking at them. Did these people hear everything? "I'm fine," she picked up her chopstick again.

As unnerveningly silent as these people were, conversation soon picked up and Sakura was able to talk with some interesting folks around her.

"I'm a little nervous," Syaoran admitted to her, looking for her reassurance, something Sakura wished he would do more often. "What should I say in my speech?"

"You mean they didn't tell you?"

"Not really. Just to say a bunch of shit about duty and honour." He gave a little laugh. "I'm not sure they know a thing about what honour is. After all we've been through I think I can safely say we have different opinions on valour."

Sakura reached for his hand. "You know best of all. Be honest and tell them what tradition and such means to you"

"Sakura-chan, now that Mei-ling's gone… I…er, well, um, I gotta… see I need to announce who, I…intend to marry."

"Sakura…Ara! Please, when I ask, say yes. You know I care about you best. I… You will accept, won't you?".

"Of course I will! You know, Syaoran-kun, Tomoyo-chan has been planning our wedding since the day you... eeto, we told each other how we felt." Sakura blushed madly and laughed.

"Are you really ready now? Can you be brave for me, Sakura-chan? I asked you before and you said the time was wrong.

She was about to respond when a loud clang got their attention. Yelan stood up and smiled at the guests. "Welcome, everyone. What an occasion this is. Our Syaoran's seventeenth birthday, and the day a new Li steps up to lead our clan." The table erupted in applause.

Yelan made a motion with her hand and Syaoran rose. He shuffled around a bit, unsure of how to start. Sakura kept thinking how very young he looked up there. "I want to thank you all for coming today. It means a lot to me…being the head of the Li clan. I know I'm very young, but I'll do my best." Sakura zoned out a little as Syaoran got into a long speech about honour and tradition.

"There's a very special woman in the room tonight. She means a lot to me. I won't go into details, but as I am required… Kinomoto Sakura, stand up please."

Trying to hold in sharp jabs of pain, Sakura was oblivious to the calling of her name. Syaoran had to repeat it before Sakura looked up, wiping beads of sweat of her face. "Hoe?" People ushered her to stand up and she did, moving closer to Syaoran so that she could hang onto his jacket for support.

Syaoran turned to her and gave her a small nervous grin. He mouthed what he really fought of the whole ordeal and blushing a bright red that was hardly fit for a Li, he said, "Sakura, would you be my wife?"

"Hai she whispered, her breath shaking. She tried to smile so that he would know she was sincere.

Syaoran withdrew a ring from his pocket, given to him as part of the 'tradition' and he quickly slipped it on Sakura's finger, as if sealing their promise. "It's for real now, Sakura-chan," he whispered under his breath.

Pain override Sakura's mind and she was unable to concentrate on what this moment meant and obsorb what should be one of the happiest moments of her life. Inconpicously she held on tight to her fiancé, white fingers clutching onto him. Syaoran was surprised to feel himself being dragged down, but he held her up as if she was the most precious thing alive.

The table clapped again, and congratulated Syaoran. Yelan gave him a special robe to show his place as head Li. Dinner was cleared away after that, and there was no desert course. Yelan announced that cake was being served a small table in the back if anyone wished some.

"We have to dance now," Syaoran told Sakura softly, leading her out to the floor.

"I really don't feel like it, Syaoran-kun."

"Just one dance, please? I can take care of you."

Sakura nodded, biting her lip to keep back the pain.

Sakura would've liked to lose herself in the soft melody of the music, in Syaoran's warm embrace. What a wonderful night it should've been.

"Sakura-chan?" Syaoran could feel his girlfriend trembling. What's wrong? She was fine when she got here.

She looked up at him, face white and contorted with pain. "I'm so, so sorry. I shouldn't have come and ruined your party, but…I think it's…"

Keeping his arm tight around her, Syaoran led her over to one of the plush velvet sofas. "The baby?"

"Hai …" Sakura's voice was shaky, filling Syaoran with fear. "It's…still a month or so away…You don't think…"

"I thought women just knew those things. I thought you'd just know when it was time."

"Well I don't know! Nobody ever told me anything! Oh, God, Syaoran-kun. Please take care of my kid."

"Shimatta!" Syaoran cursed and his amber eyes searched the room. "Where the hell is Daidouji-san?"

"Syaoran-kun!"

"Sakura-chan. Just sit right there. I'm going to call an ambulance, okay? I promise I will be right back."

Sakura held out a shaky pinky. "You won't leave me here, all alone?"

"You know I won't!" He sighed and cursed Sakura's childish games. But maybe that's what would make her feel better. He joined his pinky with hers for one brief moment, then skirted away.

Yelan walked over to the terrified girl, so graceful it looked like she was floating. "Kinomoto-san?" All coldness was gone from her voice, now filled with concern. "Are you alright? Where is my son going in such a hurry?" "It's my baby," Sakura mumbled through clenched teeth. "It hurts so much!"

Tomoyo came over just then and the two of them tried to comfort Sakura. "It can't be tonight," Tomoyo said. "You just have a bug or something." "It sure as hell feels like contractions, Tomoyo-chan. Or how I think they'd feel." Yelan had been through this five times before and tried to comfort her son's fiancé. Any hostility between the two was gone now.

Syaoran came running back and hugged his girlfriend before speaking. "The ambulances are all busy." "Nani? How can they all be busy?" Tomoyo looked angry. She loved Sakura almost more than Syaoran did. "I don't know! I'll have to drive her there myself."

By now a large crowd had gathered around them, the Li's speculating about how Syaoran's sixteen-year-old fiancé was pregnant. That would not go over well with the elders. Yelan pushed them away, offering them more cake. Syaoran picked Sakura up and carried her out into the night. He swore when he saw that it was raining out. "Go get Sakura's things, and meet us at the hospital!" he ordered Tomoyo before driving off.

So did you all like it? I know it was short, but I think it was pretty good. It will get a lot better and is actually going to have a plot, so keep reading. Please review! -Sorano

I