Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cherry Blossoms Bloom Every Spring ❯ Child ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cherry Blossoms Bloom Every Spring

By: Sorano

Chapter Two

Disclaimer: CCS does not belong to me. It belongs to CLAMP and Kodansha.

A/N: Now new and improved, the latest version of Chapter Two!

Sakura wasn't sure what to feel, she didn't know what was going on. A strange trickling down her legs confirmed their fears though, Sakura told her fiancé that she was sure her water had just broken.

"Don't kick my seat, Sakura-chan," Syaoran said through clenched teeth. "You will never get to the hospital if you run me off the road."

In the hospital parking lot Syaoran remembered opening Sakura's door and seeing her tearstreaked face. Oh sure he had seen her cry before, but those times were different. He hated seeing her in so much pain. "I can carry you," he offered, but Sakura refused. She would walk in with some amount of dignity.

It was a quiet evening inside the main lobby when the couple walked up to the desk. Only a couple other people were strolling about and the secretary was leaning back in her chair, filing her nails.

"Nani desu ka? This better be good," the secretary spat, turning the volume on her T.V down. She frowned at Sakura's messed up make-up and bitten off nails.

"She's in labour," Syaoran growled and thrust Sakura forward. "Do something for her." He had never been in this sort of situation before and wasn't sure how these things worked, but his Sakura would get help now!

The secretary rolled her eyes and called some nurses down into the lobby. The cheerful ladies came with a smile and helped Sakura onto a stretcher. Syaoran only had a minute to whisper 'Ganbatte' before she was rolled away.

Syaoran was left alone in the waiting room where nightmarish thoughts fought to consume him. She had better be okay. Didn't she promise me she would always be okay? Could she die? Ano, relax Syaoran, people go through this stuff all the time! Nobody…could they? Can people die from having children? Hadn't he read a book where all these orphans' mothers had died in labour? And Sakura's so young…but she's strong. Surely her magic must count for something!

"Excuse me, sir," the secretary spoke. "You'll have to come up here and fill out some forms." She pressed some sheets into his hand.

With a quick glance over, Syaoran brought the papers to his chair. She expects me to fill out papers when my girlfriend might die?!

"I wouldn't worry about it too much," the secretary gave him a kind smile, as if she saw this sort of thing everyday. "This is a good hospital, she will be fine."

Name? That was easy enough. So was age, address, phone number, and family. Father? Month due? Medical conditions? How could I know any of this? They should make the one having the baby due all the paperwork for it.

"You don't know much about her, Li-san."

"Who are you to tell me what I know?" I know her better than anyone…

"Eeto, we'll need to talk to someone who does know her better."

"I'm just about to call her father, anyway," Syaoran muttered.

"That's a good idea."

Syaoran put a quarter in the pay phone, and listened nervously to the ring. I hope Touya doesn't answer! Please let him still be a YAU and not home for break.

"Moshi moshi?" A pleasant voice answered.

"Kinomoto-san?"

"Yes, how can I help you, Li-san?"

"Ano, Sakura…is um…uh, having her baby." Syaoran turned a slight scarlet.

"Right now?"

"Oi, hai."

"Are you at the hospital?"

"Hai…"

"Okay, I'll be right there after I pack Sakura some clothes." Fujitaka hung up, without saying good-bye. He might get as mad as Touya!

What can I do now? I can't just sit here and wait! I'll go insane! Syaoran paced nervously back and forth on the tile.

"Are you the father?" The secretary asked. "You're awfully nervous."

Syaoran flushed." I…uh…no. She's my girlfriend."

The secretary raised her eyebrows in the know-it-all way that adults have. Her whole look said exactly what she thought of the young couple.

"Li-san!" Syaoran whiped around, searching for a friendly face.

"Daidouji-san. Thank God." She'll be able to do something.

"I got here as quick as I could," she was breathing hard. "I had to catch a bus so it took me a while. Where's Sakura?"

"She's in the delivery room, I guess."

"I want to see her." Tomoyo marched up to the desk. "Sumimasen, where have you taken my friend?"

"Delivery, just like the young man said."

"Where is it?"

"N3. But you can't go up there."

"Why not?" It was very difficult for Tomoyo to keep her calm, polite manner when she could hear her friends screams coming from nearby.

"You just can't. You'll distract the doctors. We cannot have children in there." The two teenagers bristled at this, but with a little help from Tomoyo were able to hold their tounges.

"I think Sakura-chan would like someone with her during this."

"Gomen, but you'll just have to wait out here."

Syaoran swore and sat down again, taking the ebony-haired girl's hand and bringing her to sit beside him.

Syaoran was gripping the seat so tightly his knuckles were turning white. Sakura's screams were getting louder. Why can't I do anything to help her? "Is it supposed to be like this? Is the baby okay? Is Sakura okay?"

Fujitaka, who had joined them calmly, shook his head. "Something's wrong. Ara, something must be wrong. Nadeshiko was never like this. She was so calm."

Syaoran was about to race through the door when a nurse suddenly appeared. "Are you three here for Kinomoto-san?"

They nodded all nodded, jumping up from their chairs.

"She's done delivering."

"Is she okay? Is the baby okay?"

The nurse nodded and smiled. "Hai. She's fine and resting now. The baby is also all right, though we weren't sure for a while. The baby is very weak, which might effect it later."

"Can we go see her now?"

"Hai, go ahead." The three of them rushed into the room where Sakura was. Sakura looked so white and pale lying in that big bed. She had been asleep, but her eyelids fluttered open when she saw them come in. "Hi," she croaked. "Syaoran-kun, I am so, so sorry."

Syaoran pulled up a chair next to her. "What for? It's certainly not your fault. And I wanted to get out of that stuffy party anyway." Sakura gave him a small smile.

"Otousan," she grinned at her father.

"Sakura-chan."

"Don't start getting angry now. You've had months and months before this to get angry."

"Yes, I know. It's just rather difficult for me to accept my daughter is mother at sixteen and that makes me a grandfather."

Tomoyo hugged Sakura, gently so that she wouldn't catch on any of the numerous cords attached to her friend. "Daijoubu? Does it hurt anymore?"

"I'm alright. I'm very tired, but the pain is gone. And…" Sakura paused. How can I explain to them how it feels? The joy I feel? The joy I shouldn't feel. "It's all worth it," she said.

"Just wait until you see the little thing. So adorable. It's a girl, by the way. A really sweet child."

Fujitaka couldn't help but smile. How his Sakura reminded him of his dear wife more and more each day.

"What are you going to name her, Sakura-chan?" Tomoyo asked.

"I'm not sure yet. I was hoping you would help me, Syaoran-kun?"

"Me?"

"Hai. She might even be yours."

"What are the odds of that?"

Fujitaka stared at Syaoran, them both stuttering and red. "You have slept with my daughter?"

"Uhhh…"

"Would you like to met the little girl now?" A nurse asked, carrying a small bundle.

"Ara, hai!" The nurse placed the bundle in Sakura's arms, then left. Everyone crowded around to get a good look.

Though not even an hour old, the baby was already quite distinguished. Fine brown hairs curled on its head, and it's eyes were a startling green-purple. The child had a sweet smile and a look of great wisdom and compassion. "This is going to be an amazing person, Sakura-chan," Tomoyo whispered. "I bet she will be just like you."

Syaoran grinned. "And quite beautiful, too. She'd have to be taking after Sakura."

Sakura blushed and handed the baby to Fujitaka, who kissed it, and handed it to Tomoyo. Tomoyo smiled and whispered some words in its ear, than handed it to Syaoran.

This could be my child! I could be a daddy, Syaoran thought. He wasn't grossed out, but totally happy. Happy for this wonderful child. She'll be mine someday, no matter who the father is. That bastard has no idea he has a child.

The little baby was so quiet; they expected her to be screaming her head off. Syaoran poked a finger in the baby's tummy and she squealed in delight. "She likes me!" He touched the finger to her nose, only to have her delicate lips clamp tightly around it. "Hey! She bit me!"

Sakura giggled. "Don't be silly. She doesn't have teeth yet." She reached out her arms, as if she wanted the baby back. Syaoran kept the baby held tight to him, though, entranced with it. "I have an idea for a name, Sakura-chan," carefully holding the baby, he leaned over and whispered in Sakura's ear.

"I thought it would be a good name, your whole family being flowers and all." Sakura reached up and kissed him. "I love it. But I had another name in mind. That can be her middle name."

"Nani?" Syaoran already had an idea what it was though, how sweet of his Sakura.

Sakura smiled at all of them, lastly her daughter. "I think a wonderful name would be Mei-ling, don't you all think?"

* * *

Two short weeks later, Sakura Kinomoto and Meling Murasaki Li checked out of the hospital. Everyone agreed, except for Fujitaka, that it would be best Mei-ling take Syaoran's family name because most likely Sakura would end up marrying him. Fujitaka still had no idea that Sakura was engaged.

Sakura wasn't sure what to expect when she arrived home, but every thing was as she had left it. Same old room, same old nutty Kero. She wasn't sure what she should do next. What did she do with a baby? Life was about to change very drastically.

Tomoyo came over one afternoon to help her decorate a room, Fujitaka was watching Mei-ling. It seemed he was liking this grandparent thing a lot. Of course, who couldn't love the sweet little baby? As Sakura joked one day, "she's so much different from her namesake."

They painted the room a bright yellow and blue. Fujitaka brought Sakura's old crib down from the attic and they covered it with light blue blankies. They spent a whole day painting a rainbow on the ceiling.

"You know, Sakura-chan," Tomoyo remarked. "By the time she's seven or so she won't be too happy with rainbows."

"I know. But I change it then. I want to give my baby the best, even if it means a little extra work."

They bought white lace drapes and a clown nightlight. "Clowns always scared me as a child," Sakura shuddered as she set it on a small white desk. "Mei-ling -chan won't mind, I promise." Sakura wanted one of those little carousel things that hang over cribs, so they got a little moon, sun and stars one.

They filled all the drawers with tiny little clothes that Tomoyo had sewed. Sakura had wanted to go shopping for baby clothes, because they're 'just so kawaii', but Tomoyo insisted that if she couldn't make Sakura clothes anymore, she had have to make them for her daughter.

When they were done, they invited Syaoran to come over and have a look. He stood in the door, mouth agape. "It's very…" he sought for words. "Cute." He made a sickened face and pretended to vomit.

"Why you!" Sakura grabbed a pillow and began to whack him with it.

"It's a good thing you knew it was a girl when you did the room, Sakura-chan," he commented slyly when Sakura stopped beating him.

"Ara?"

"Eeto, I don't really think a guy would like it much. And…when you move into my house, all that cotton-candyish cuteness is not coming with you!" Sakura pouted, and they both grinned.

*************************************************************************** ******************************************

A short chapter, short and sweet. I hope you liked. I promise a plot will enter soon. Please keep reading and review! And BTW, Meling's middle name 'Murasaki' means 'violet', in case anyone was wondering. Ja! -Sorano