Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Dance with Me ❯ The Heir of a big Conglomerate ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

As she was washing the dishes, she couldn't help but to wonder why Syaoran acted strangely. Then, the saucer that Syaoran used slipped from her grip and fell on the floor. It broke. “Oh gosh,” she gasped, “I better clean up and put myself together. Stop thinking about him Sakura. He's nothing to you anyway.” She knelt down and picked up the pieces of the broken plate. And to her surprise, she saw Syaoran behind her, bloody, through the reflection on the plate. She looked back and saw no one. She sighed deeply; her heart started to pound fast… she felt nervous all of a sudden. She cleaned up the plate and threw it. She finished her dishwashing and hurriedly took her phone on the couch and started calling Syaoran's number. “Come on now Li pick up.” She whispered. Then, she heard the faucet open and the rushing water. She ran to the kitchen with her phone in her hand and saw the faucet pouring down water. She turned it off and put her phone to her ear.
 
“Hello? Who is this? You've been calling my number and wouldn't answer. If you don't answer I'm going to ban your number. It would be easy for me and I'm not joking.” Syaoran answered the phone angrily.
 
“L-Li…” she whispered and started to cry. She felt relief and fell on her knees. “K-Kinomoto? Is that you? Are you okay?” He asked in concern hearing Sakura's continuous sobs. “Hang on, I'll be there.” He said and hung up.
 
He was just walking along the street wandering to nowhere. He felt nervous to how Sakura just acted and ran straight back to her house. She rushed and tried his hardest not to panic and focus. Hang in there Sakura. He thought. He reached Sakura's gate and barged inside the house. “Sakura, where are you?” he called out. He heard her sobbing and rushed into the kitchen. “Sakura,” he gasped and knelt in front of her and embraced her tightly. “Are you okay?” Sakura just stared at him. “I… I don't know. I saw your reflection behind me… I… saw you bloody… when I picked up the fragments of the broken plate you just used. I felt scared. I thought something… something… that…” she said between her sobs. “Sssh…” he cut off, “It's okay. Nothing happened to me.” He smiled at her. “I'm a total loser.” Sakura cried. Syaoran smirked, “You bet,” “Oh come on!” Sakura exclaimed as she covered her face with her hands. “I was just kidding,” Syaoran chuckled. “Shut up,” Sakura said. Then, she felt Syaoran's arms around her. She felt warmth and wished that he would not let go of her.
 
“Sakura?” Touya just arrived and entered the house. “Sakura, where are you? Are you okay? Sakura?” He was yelling, trying to call his sister out. Touya rushed into Sakura's bedroom but did not see even a single strand of her hair. He ran to the kitchen and there, he saw Li holding the unconscious Sakura in his arms. “S-she fainted,” Syaoran said as he noticed Touya's angry expression. “What happened here?” Touya asked and went near the lad. “It's a long story Touya. I don't know where to start.” Syaoran answered. “You could tell me later. First, we have to rush her to the hospital. Can you carry her to my car?” Touya said. Syaoran gave a nod and stood up with Sakura in his arms, her head resting on his chest. Touya dialed Iyori's number and told him that they'll be speeding up Sakura to the hospital. Touya took his coat and walked fast before Syaoran and opened the car door at the back for him. Syaoran sat inside with Sakura still in his arms.
 
“Whatever happened a while ago, I hope you'll give me a nice brief explanation Syaoran. If Sakura is in a heap of trouble, you'll be dead sorry.” Touya said sternly. He turned on the engine and stepped on the gas. Syaoran stared at Sakura for a moment. She's panting and he could feel Sakura's pulse weaken. He put his palm on her forehead and felt her temperature rise. “Zeus,” he whispered. “Touya, step on it, she's having a fever and an asthma attack at the same time!” Syaoran exclaimed. Without any more words, Touya geared the car faster; passing every vehicle there is in the road. As they reached the hospital, Iyori hastened to clear up the way so that his patient could get through. Sakura was rushed into a room and Syaoran and Touya were not allowed to go inside.
 
11:00 p.m. - hospital
 
Iyori went out of the room and met up with Touya and Syaoran at the waiting room. At a distance, he could see them talking and noticed that Touya is in a bad mood. He overheard Touya yell at Syaoran, “What are you talking about? Is this some kind of a joke?” He paced slowly towards them and as he walked in closer, Touya stopped and turned to Iyori smiling then gave a short glare to Syaoran. Syaoran rose from his feet and nodded ever so slightly to Iyori. “How is she?” Touya asked. “Very fine,” Iyori answered smiling then paused for a while before continuing. “She's in a very bad condition.” Iyori gave a deep sigh. “She's in coma,” he broke in. “C-coma?” Touya stuttered. He could feel his knees shake and he would want to faint by that time. “The coma's caused by the drugs we injected on her. We did that on purpose so that she could stay put a bit; say, two or three weeks. She had a severe asthma attack, high fever and a mild stroke. Our tests show that her heart is in perfect condition that's why we're still searching for the answers in this big mystery. She had a mild stroke but then again, her heart is functioning perfectly. Though obviously, her lungs are in poor state.” Touya lost his balance on what he just heard and sat back on the bench. He slapped his own face hard and both Syaoran and Iyori could see his shoulders shudder. Syaoran stared at him for a moment and turned to Iyori. “Will she be fine?” he asked. “I hope,” Iyori answered. “You're not sure?” Syaoran asked him harshly. “I-I, I don't know yet,” Iyori looked down. Syaoran reached for his pocket and took out his wallet. He got ten thousand dollars in cash from it and threw it to Iyori's face. “That's just for the down payment; I'll see to it that you'll be highly satisfied if you do your job perfectly. If not, you know what will happen to you.” Syaoran sternly said and walked away.
 
Iyori felt his dignity sink. He turned around and grabbed Syaoran by his sleeve. “I know my job. You don't have to tell me what to do.” He said as he pulled Syaoran closer to meet his eyes. “Good,” Syaoran looked him in the eye. Iyori pushed Syaoran away and told him, “And I don't need your money.” Then, he walked away. Touya looked up at him and chuckled. “You don't have to do that you know.” Syaoran smiled. “I'd just go into the bathroom.” Syaoran told Touya and started to head towards the almost infinite corridor. He could feel his heart sink. His mind started to put all the pieces together and tried not to blame any paranormal entities-or whatsoever- to satisfy his curiosity. He wants to know the reason behind Sakura's sickness and most of all, why she just had a heart attack. The doctor said her heart is perfectly fine. He looked at his watch and was surprised by the time. “It's already eleven huh,” he thought and paced slowly towards to nowhere. He stopped for a moment and looked around. “Where am I going, again?” he asked himself and shrugged. He turned left and started to walk fast. Every step, a deep exhale he makes. It was like a mannerism - every time he goes for a visit to his grandma - he would walk fast at the same time giving out hard puffs and for a little distance, he'd count his last five steps towards the door of the room.
 
Again, breathe in, breathe out. He got hold of the knob. “The doorknob's warm. Someone just came in.” he gave a good grip of the knob and turned it. The door opened and he saw a woman's silhouette sitting at the Victorian chair just beside the large white window. He just then noticed that it was raining outside, seeing through the window, large drops of water roll from the window pane. He walked in. “I thought you'll never visit grandmamma.” Syaoran could distinguish the voice anytime, anywhere. She has a hard Chinese accent but has a good grammar construction in English. Still, it's awkward to hear her talk in English but it's most preferably `exotic' to other men who would take notice of her voice. It arouses them. But to Syaoran, it's the voice of the devil. He turned on the light. A beautiful lady was standing beside the window. She has ruby eyes that would entice men and black silky hair that every guy would want to touch, flowing down to her hips. She has a body of a woman; curvaceous waist and full breasts. No one would believe she's just fifteen. She walked near the sleeping old lady. “I always visit grandma.” Syaoran defended himself. The lady looked at him. “Do you?” Syaoran smirked. “Mei Ling, if you're here to bug me again, I'd call the police.” Syaoran gave a teasing smile. “Would you do that to your aunt?” Mei Ling prattled as she walked slowly towards Syaoran. “You might be my aunt, but I'm a month older than you.” Syaoran said plainly and closed the door behind him.
 
Mei Ling sat back to the Victorian chair with her legs crossed. She wears a Chinese, body-fit dress with a high slit which reveals her white, long legs. She looked at Syaoran and gave a flirtatious smile. “I'm here for business Syaoran. And not for any childish games; I admit I was a bit foolish for loving my nephew and hoping that someday, he'll marry me.” She paused and looked coldly out of the window, the rain still pouring hard. She looked back to Syaoran who was now leaning at the door. “If you're not interested in the company my brother is giving you, I'd like to take it from you.” She said in a flat tone. Syaoran shrugged, “Okay, if you want to. Sure, why not my dear aunt.” “You don't know what I'm really trying to point out, do you, Syaoran?” Mei Ling then stood from her seat again, this time she walked near Syaoran. She's just an inch away from him and Syaoran could feel her breathing. “I want you to stay out of my life… the family's life… forever.” She whispered. Syaoran played a sly smile. “What do you want me to do then? Commit suicide?” he looked straight at Mei Ling's ruby eyes. “Perfect,” she said and she put her arms around Syaoran's neck. She turned off the light, pushing the switch behind him and pulled Syaoran close to her. “If this is your way of saying you hate me,” Syaoran said, “I'd rather not do this here.” Mei Ling, who was about to kiss her nephew paused. “What do you mean?” Syaoran smiled. “Because by doing this, you'll never get my share of stock.” Mei Ling looked at him furiously and pushed herself away from him. But Syaoran pulled her back. “Unless, you really want to do the deed.” He whispered to her ear and put his arm around her waist. Mei Ling pushed herself harder away from him and walked back to the chair. She got her bag and gave Syaoran a long glare. “You'll pay for this Syaoran,” she uttered and walked straight to the door. Syaoran gave way and as she left, he laughed himself out to his heart's content. “Oh, that was hilarious,” he told his grandma who's eyes are deeply shut by eternal slumber. “How I wish you saw her face grandma.” He laughed even more.
 
As Mei Ling walked furiously, almost stomping, along the long corridor-she bumped into a guy. She looked up to the tall, black-haired man whose eyes were set on hers. “Are you okay Miss…?” “Li,” she paused, studying the person in front of her, and then continued, “Mei Ling. Li Mei Ling.” The guy gestured of helping her but started to stop and think of something else. She could see that because the guy looked at her in perplexity and then his eyebrows would meet and then. He then pounded his palm, giving a sign that he has finally got the answer of his question. “I have a friend,” he said. “He has…” “I'm not interested in your friend.” Mei Ling cut him off. She stood and cleared her dress. “Oh sorry, I forgot to help you.” The guy foolishly gave his excuse. It annoyed Mei Ling. “Let me help you out,” the guy smiled shyly at her. “What? Help me with what? Help me with the tidy my dress?” Mei Ling asked angrily. “Pervert!” she exclaimed and walked away, almost stomping again. The guy smirked. “Oh by the way,” the guy yelled. “I'm Iyori Masashi! Nice to meet you… grumpy lady!” Iyori laughed to what he just said and tried to stop it by putting his hands to his mouth. Mei Ling looked back. “Pre-mature!” she yelled back. The nurses and other doctors were staring at them. Iyori stopped laughing. He watched Mei Ling vanish from sight. “Pre-mature? What did she mean by that?” he asked himself, almost a whisper. He shook his head and turned around, starting to head towards his office. “Li Mei Ling,” he thought with a smile on his red lips.
 
In the dark room, Syaoran could feel the cold air given out by the newly bought air conditioner and hear the machines at work, trying to support her half-dead grandmother. He sat at her grand mom's bedside and reached her hand. “I don't know what to do now, granny.” He said in a low, husky voice. He sighed deeply. “You told me to hang on. You told me to hold on to my share and one day, rule the empire you and granddad built. You two rocked the world, you know that grandma? And now, the renowned conglomerate, and the both of you, wants to make me the new ruler. I can't do that. Besides, I'm just following orders… from you of course. You know that this will happen, that everyone would be against you. And now, they know that half of the stocks had just been transferred to me and the other half is waiting for me to be eighteen, they're all against me.” He said as she gave a little massage to his grandma's cold hand. “I wish you would open your eyes now and yell at me and tell me the same damn things you once told me before.” He could remember it like it was just yesterday.
 
He was turning fifteen then, when his grandparents came in his room with a cake, carried by his grandfather, Li Cheng Jie. His name means `the accomplished elite'. Syaoran sat up and looked astonished at his grandparents. His grandmother, Li Yun Yu, meaning the `cloud jade', sat beside him and gave him a hug. Cheng Jie got his camera and took a picture of his wife and grandchild. They told Syaoran to get dressed for the special day. They took him instantly to Paris, from Hong Kong. They flew by the private plane the Lis have. It was a large passenger plane converted into a special aircraft with three large bedrooms and two small rooms, a lounge, a dinning room that can be occupied by twelve persons, two huge bathrooms and a big office with two desks made of fine oak, varnished into brown perfection. All were designed with European in the lounge. French glass tables and wine cabinets, Italian chairs and German wine glasses. Paintings hung from every corner of the room. And due to Yelan's wish for her eighteenth birthday, Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa hung at the left side corner at the back. Li Yelan is Syaoran's mother. And by every time you enter another room, the atmosphere would change. He has his own room in the craft and it was covered with pastel green. A furnished small acacia bookshelf imported from the Philippines stood elegantly at the right side. His bed was covered with leaf green comforter and his pillows were teal. Syaoran's favourite colour is green-obviously- that he wants to see green in his surroundings all the time. And by that, his grandparents would chuckle from the thought that their grandson is addicted to such colour. His grandparents' room has an Asian theme, specifically Chinese of course. Calligraphies would hung above their king-sized bed and it always fascinated Syaoran to watch the papers swing to and fro as the plane would launch up or back down. The dinning room is in exquisite taste. The chairs and tables were all Victorian, just what Yun Yu likes it. And his favourite place, their office. He would always sit at one of those comfortably warm leather chairs. Usually, leather is cold when inside an air-conditioned room. But these chairs, they're different. He would excitedly watch as his grandparents start working; controlling the world with papers, commands and phone calls. Spending billions for a minute and then regaining it in two folds. Giving out orders to tear down a structure or build one. Buy other companies to add it to their stocks and then using it to drain a country's economical power. The Li Corporation could tear down a whole nation or put it to prosper. They could wage war over other countries by not supplying them their needs. For around the globe, the Li Corporation is one of the most essential companies.
 
“One day, you'll own this, my dear Syaoran.” Cheng Jie told him while they were dining inside the craft. He gave a long stare to his grandfather and then looked at his grandmother who gave him a nod, showing great approval to what her husband said. The Li Corporation will be yours. I've trained you enough my child, and now, you must put your learning into application.” Cheng Jie smiled at him. “Why don't you give it to father, gramps? I mean, being a company guy and all bores me to the bones.” Syaoran said. His grandparents were expressionless. Perhaps they don't know what to show to their beloved grandchild. “You are a Li; you were born to be a leader. You were born to run an empire; you were born to be heir, my child. And most of all, you are Li Syaoran.” Cheng Jie smiled again. “But gramps…” “No buts,” his grandfather raised his hand. “A toast to the heir of the Li Corporation,” His grandfather raised his wine glass and his grandparents chorused, “Cheers,” “To start, we've enrolled you to a good school that has the best I.T. class in whole of Asia. In Aerial High in Japan! Isn't it wonderful darling?” “Yes, grandmother, it's perfect.” He muffled. Perfect. Darn right, that's the word. His grandparents found perfection in him that he himself doesn't know why and how. He doesn't know what to do. He was torn between his love for his grandparents and his love for being free… his love for life. “Always the best for our dear boy,” Cheng Jie would always say. I he wants the best for him, he should've asked him what he really wanted.
 
As they reached Paris, his grandparents toured him around malls to buy him executive clothes, formal wear and black shoes… about ten pairs. They all went to Gucci for his suitcases and to Luis Vuitton for his shoes and belts, Lacoste for his polo shirts, long sleeve polo wears and Burberry for his coats and socks. He did not like the attire his grandparents are envisioning him into but he was happy to see them like kids playing dress up games. He loves his grandparents so much that he did not care what they do to him as much as it will make them happy, he obeys. They ate at Maxim's, a very prestigious restaurant that only a member could eat and get inside. Only guests and family of the members could enter without an identification card, as long as the member itself gave reservations for the said person. Syaoran is a member and so are all the Lis. They ate there and discussed his grandparents' plan again.
 
“I should give you one whole company to run to. How about in Japan? You'll be there for school right? Then it would be easy for you to run the company branch their.” Cheng Jie said after sipping a little of his white wine which is paired for their main course, lobster and jambalaya rice. Yun Yu nodded in agreement. “Yes, yes,” she said. They looked at Syaoran who was not talking for the whole dining. “Is something wrong dear?” Yun Yu asked with a concerned, warm voice that Syaoran loves to hear whenever he's in a deep ravine of problem since he was a kid. He looked at his concerned grandmother. “I couldn't just tell them how I hated the thought of running the company. They want me to do it and I love them so much that I could not bear to decline.” He thought. He then gave his grandparents a smile. “Are you alright? Aren't you satisfied with your birthday celebration? What do you want? I shall give it to you in an instant, just tell your granddad.” Cheng Jie assured him. Syaoran looked down, frustrated of what he has become. His grandfather had taught him well about business since he was a kid and he also have a slight interest to it. But it never occurred to him that their little games of the employer and the employee would be applied in real life. It wasn't just a game; it was his grandfather's way of training him. Mentoring him, teaching him all he knows about business. The question is why didn't he teach his father? Why him? His mind is in turmoil. He couldn't put himself together. He wanted to yell at the top of his voice to the world that business is boring. He looked back to his grandparents. He could see that they're worried about his odd behaviour that they called on the waiter to pay for the food and then drove to their mansion near the Louvre. But inside the limousine, he insisted that they go back to the plane and head straight to Hong Kong.
 
As they were seated at the dinning room, Cheng Jie sighed deeply and looked at his grandson worried. “You know that you could tell us anything, everything,” he smiled and took Syaoran's hand to his. “Yes my dear, we are open to listen.” Yun Yu added and took Syaoran's other hand to hers. Syaoran looked down and then faked a smile to lessen his grandparents' worries. “Got yah!” he exclaimed. “I was just joking,” he chuckled. His grandparents looked at each other than to Syaoran. “Don't lie to us,” Yun Yu said straight as she squeezed Syaoran's hand in a comforting manner. “We know you well,” Cheng Jie added. Syaoran sighed and showed a loose smile. “Whoa, for a second I thought I caught you both right in the middle of my prank,” he tried hard to laugh. But he stopped sensing the ambience change from comfortable and warm to stiff and serious. He looked both at his grandparents and started. “I don't want to be heir,” he paused for a while waiting for a reaction and then went on. “I don't want to fail you gramps and grandma. It's just that, I'm not interested in it. I don't like business! I don't think I have what it takes to lead a whole bunch of intelligent goons, giving them orders that would affect the world's axis and all. I just know I'm too dumb to make such decisions!” he blurted. He saw the disappointment in his grandparent's faces. But they tried to smile. They took off their hands to his and started to tell him their side. “Son,” Cheng Jie said, “Why do you think I chose you to be heir if you don't have what it takes to be one?” he smiled at Syaoran. Syaoran couldn't do anything; he's still trapped in a void, no escape. “And they are intelligent but they are not goons, mind you,” Yun Yu laughed. Syaoran smiled. He loves them so much. “Both of you go to bed now,” Syaoran said rising from his seat. “Thank you for the wonderful celebration…” he gave each oldie a hug and went inside his bedroom. “I don't want this,” he kept on repeating in his head…
 
“Mister Li, wake up, Mister Li,” a voice called him out of his slumber. His eyes couldn't bear the weight it has from sleeping so late. Still, he managed to open them. “W-what?” he asked, rubbing his heavy eyelids trying to wake himself up. “S-sir,” the voice stuttered. Now, he managed to open them wide and his sight turned bright from blurred. He saw a cute nurse standing in front of him. “I found y-you asleep b-beside y-your g-grandmother, s-so I t-thought I t-transfer you to t-the s-sofa.” She stuttered stupidly. Syaoran stared at her for a moment and when he saw that she's flushed red, he smirked which made the nurse blush more. “A-and s-sir,” she added. “Yeah?” She handed him his green sweatshirt, blushing. “I-I t-took off y-your s-shirt s-sir. Y-you w-were s-sweating a-and I t-think having a-a b-bad d-dream.” Syaoran smiled at her took his shirt from her, wore it and then looked at his grandmother from behind the silly nurse. He looked back at the nurse and smiled seductively. He went near her and an inch away from her then gave her a seductive stare and whispered softly into her ear, “Thanks,” he said with a low, hoarse voice. He could feel that the girl is trembling. The nurse looked at him shyly and took a grip of his shirt. She pulled herself closer and kissed his neck. Syaoran wrapped his arms around her and traced the length of her back then held the back of her neck. He pulled her closer and kissed her to her neck and behind her ear. When the nurse started groaning, he stopped. He looked at her and the girl's eyes were filled with more craving so he smiled at her. “Thanks for the time. But I have to go. Take care of my grandma,” he said and then walked away like nothing happened. The nurse watched him close the door behind him and she could feel herself being wet. She stood still for a moment and told herself, “I'm luckiest girl on earth. He kissed me,” she smiled.
 
Iyori walked past Sakura's room, heading towards the reception area. He couldn't think of anyone and anything but the girl he had bumped in last night. “I have to know who she is,” he thought.
 
 
Well, that's all for this chapter. Thanks for reading this fanfic. Just a reminder, this story, I made, for the sense of satisfying myself from stopping this stupid idea inside my head… so wrote it! I hope you enjoy yourselves reading this as much as I enjoy myself writing this story. This isn't much compared to the others but hey! I'm just starting… this is my first time! Yehey for me! Anyways, just remind you, Syaoran's grandparents here are made up by me… Sorry if I have typos here, wrong grammar constructions and some loss of words… hehe… please bear with me… XD
 
ANOTHER DISCLAMER:
 
CCS is not mine nor am I trying to own it. It is one of CLAMP's wonderful works… nothing more nothing less… thanks!