Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Dance with Me ❯ Shifting Things! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five
By: LadyCisqua
 
Wow! I just received another review! Cool! Thanks to the new reviewer, icebird142! Woohoo0! -Hugs icebird142- thank you thank you thank you! And though there were others who I think had read this crappy fanfic of mine who wouldn't even give a review…. That's okay! Just clicking the title of my fic is very well much appreciated! Thank you! Ha-ha! I got 172 hits! Thanks again! And sorry about the blur of the story… I was planning to explain things in the other chapters… (^_^;)
 
DISCLAIMER: CCS is not mine and will never be mine. I am not trying to claim this wonderful piece of work. CCS is owned by CLAMP.
 
 
-------------------------
Touya, who had just gone out to call his father and tell about Sakura's health improvement, walked in Sakura's room. Upon entering the room, his eyes widened as he saw his sister lying on the floor, frantically crying. He rushed to her side like lightning and helped her up. He carried her back to her bed and looked worried at his sobbing sister. “What's wrong, Saku-Chan?” Touya asked her as he wiped her tears with his thumb caressing her other hand with his free one. Sakura looked at him, her emerald eyes lost its sparkle and depth, it glistened but not because of happiness but because of tears. “You know how much I love dancing do you?” she said between her sobs. She was having a hard time to breathe, asthma again, but the illness seemed not to worry Sakura. She paused for a while and tried to catch some air and stared at her brother, showing how she feels vagueness. Touya sat beside her. He put his arm around his sister and Sakura leaned on her brother's firm shoulder.
 
“I called dad a while ago.” Touya started.
“What did he say?'
“He'll be back home next week.”
“He's always like that. Ever since mom died, he was so busy with his work as if he doesn't have any children to take care of and give attention to.”
Touya was shocked by Sakura's rebellious answer. He studied her from the corner of his eyes. “Well, he is still taking care of us. We're living in a nice, comfortable French manor.”
He lives in that house. Not us.”
“Well, yeah,” he scratched the back of his neck, “he does live there alone right now.”
“He left us.” She said sternly with her arms crossed across her chest.
“It's not like that, monster.” He looked at Sakura and caught her glaring at him but still continued. “You were the one who is so defiant, persisting that you stay behind our old house.”
“Him and mom earned money in a very hard way just to have that house! And he'll just live the house mom helped him buy without any hesitation? How dare him? And he even left mom's pictures and stuffs behind. I know he's going through a hard time, and so do we, Touya. We were all shocked by her sudden death. She went to Germany to pursue her dreams to become a good doctor and on her way home, her plane crashed.” She uttered bitterly.
Touya sighed by what he just heard. “So, you're mad at dad?” he asked as he played with Sakura's hair, twisting its ends, curling them.
Sakura looked at her brother intently. “No.”
Touya smiled. “What is it that bothers you then?”
“That Li Syaoran.”
“What's with him?”
“Since he arrived here in Japan and hired dad, dad never had the time for us. Those goons of his - they poisoned our father with money and travel so that he would forget about our mother.”
“Do you really think it's that way, Sakura?”
“Yes.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes.”
“Wow,”
“And now, that brat is poisoning your mind as well. He wants to take everything away from me.”
Touya chuckled. “Are you serious?”
“I am dead serious Touya.”
“Oh okay,” Touya stopped laughing as he noticed annoyance surface through his sister's emerald eyes.
“He's offering you work, right?”
“Yes,”
“Are you going to accept it?”
“Of course I will! Going to school and giving great effort just to pass my Business Management course would all go to waste if I won't. College made me experience hell so I would not just let all my hard work go to nothing. Besides, it's an opportunity to work in the renowned Li Corporation. It's a once-in-a-lifetime chance! Everyone is dying to be hired in that company and I'm one of the few lucky applicants.”
“Please, spare me. You… an applicant? That brat wants you and is referring you to his evil lair personally!”
“Sis, you're in major trouble. I think you need to consult a psychiatrist or better yet, you should join an anger management group.”
Sakura gave a heavy sigh, “I think neither of those two would help.”
Touya stared at her for a moment then said, “About that,” he turned his head and looked through the window and witnessed the busy life outside. Then, he looked back at Sakura. “What happened a while ago? Why were you lying on the floor?”
Sakura started crying. “Why do you have to remind me?”
Touya stared at her in confusion. Sakura cocked her head slightly to meet her brother's eyes - asking, confused - and started to speak, “I tried to get up,” she started sobbing. “I just wanted to get my phone across this bed. But when…”
Touya raised his left eyebrow. “When…”
“I… because… oh heck! I couldn't feel my legs! I'm not able to walk again!” she exclaimed. Touya's eyes widened.
“Why didn't you tell me earlier!”
“You're the one who started the dumb conversation! How was I suppose to tell you? Just yell it out at the top of my voice? And then, you'll go ` omigosh!'”
Touya sighed, “Whatever,” he ran his fingers through his black hair. “I'll go punch Iyori's face hard for a moment. See you later.” He said with a flat tone and walked out of the room.
 
As the door was shut, Sakura's eyes widened. “I'm such a burden to him. I should've just told him that I'm fine. I could just open this up with Iyori.” She looked down and her tears dropped to her white blanket. They wouldn't stop. She closed her eyes and lay stiff and cold on her bed. She could hear the air-conditioner's machine at work and feel the coldness it creates in the atmosphere. She was then transported into deep thought.
 
How can I dance? Now that I am a cripple, how will I perform for the Ballroom Festival? Next month, there would be a cheering competition and we're still practicing our routines by now and we're no good. As the captain of our squad, how can I attend to our group's needs? I can't just leave them! But if I stay, I'll be of no help. Next week, the dance group would start practicing for a special number, to be performed next month! Still… all of these… the cheering squad, the Ballroom Festival, the dance group… they're all nothing to me as long as I dance. I could always dance inside my room! But that's the big problem here Sakura, you can't do that again!” But she was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the door - squeaking - open. She turned to look at her visitor and had a hard time to sit up. She could not stop but to smile as she saw the figure standing in the entrance - her long raven hair flowing down to her hips with her delicate hands clasped over her chest.
 
“Saku-chan!” the figure's voice permeated the room, her violet eyes glistening with happiness. “Tomoyo-Chan!” Sakura tried to yell out in excitement but the voice that came out of her was a hoarse whisper. Tomoyo's eyes saddened. “Are you okay?” she asked as she walked near her best friend and gave her a hug. “What happened Sakura?” Sakura pushed Tomoyo away slightly to meet her eyes and just smiled. “Do not worry.” The hoarse whisper came out again. Tomoyo gave her another tight embrace. “How'd you know I'm here?” Sakura asked. But before Tomoyo could answer Sakura grasped her breath, her eyes widened, as she saw two familiar guys walk in the room. “W-what are they doing here?” Sakura stuttered as she looked at her best friend with so much perplexity. “They brought me here and Li told me what happened to you.” Tomoyo gave out her sweetest smile to put Sakura at ease. But it seems like it didn't work and she could feel Sakura's body heavier. “Is there something wrong?” Tomoyo asked with so much concern. Sakura shook her head slowly and averted the gaze of emotionless auburn eyes that seemed to melt her. Then, a sudden burst of laughter filled the silent room. All eyes stared at the source, Eriol.
 
“Oh sorry. Please, ignore me.” Eriol tried to stop himself from laughing.
“How can we possibly do that? You're such a nuisance.” Syaoran smirked.
“Stop laughing Hiiragizawa!” Tomoyo demanded.
“Sorry, I just can't manage to stop!” Eriol said as he held his stomach. He gave out another hearty laugh and then straightened out his poise. “There,” he smiled sheepishly. “Sorry.”
“What was so funny?” Tomoyo asked, her voice has no trace of any concern or frustration.
“I just remembered how you acted a while ago.” Eriol defended himself as he felt the ambience stiffen.
“Would you please act it out my dear cousin? I'm sure Miss Kinomoto here wants to see how her best friend transformed into a vicious beast just a while ago.” Syaoran smiled slyly.
Eriol nodded and cleared his throat and started his act.
(Tomoyo's lines… Eriol style)
 
Eriol cleared his throat. “I wouldn't be proving that I am last year's Best Actor of the year if I wouldn't do this.” He smiled.
 
“Line one. Action.” Syaoran said. Eriol nodded. He put his hands to his waist and pouted. “I'm dead serious Hii-ra-gi-za-wa.” Eriol exaggerated Tomoyo's voice and gesture as he turned his voice into a high-pitched one. He tucked his stomach in and his chest out, swaying to and fro like an old lady of the medieval times in her big petticoat gown. Tomoyo's face turned red. “Oh come on! That is so pathetic!” she exclaimed. Eriol and Syaoran laughed their hearts out. Sakura stared at them for a moment and joined their triumphant moment against Tomoyo. “Not you too, Sakura.” Tomoyo yanked Sakura's hospital cloth's collar. “Sorry,” Sakura apologized, still with her hoarse voice, as her body followed the uneasy jerking of her best friend, her head hysterically swinging until she was dizzy. “You know what Sakura?” Syaoran said. Sakura looked at him and saw him smirk. For the first time, she didn't feel the slightest of irritation surface. Usually she feels annoyance and at the same time melts when she sees him smirk. But today, it is different. She melted. She could hear her heartbeat growing stronger and faster every second. She could feel the sudden rush of blood to her face and she could suddenly hear birds chirp from outside the window instead of the monotonic buzzing of the air-conditioner. “You sounded like a frog while laughing.” Syaoran continued. Sakura's eyebrows knitted in one. “What?!?!” she exclaimed furiously. Eriol and Tomoyo bit their lips trying hard not to laugh with Syaoran's unexpected comment and Sakura's sudden outburst. Syaoran just shrugged. “What happened with your voice? It's hoarse? Did you sing all day?” he paused for a while. He tapped his chin with his finger as if thinking and then continued. “Wait, you do sound like a frog. I just remembered how you sung Avril Lavigne's `When You're Gone' last week. And I swear it was the most miserable two minutes of my life. But it was really amazing to hear such talent. I couldn't believe that you could imitate a frog sing!” Sakura furrowed her eyebrows more and she started to turn red. “If only I could walk, I'll kill you!” she exclaimed. Then, silence made its awkward interlude. The monotonic buzzing of the air-conditioner went back its way to prove its existence in the room. Tension, confusion and hesitation - to start off a new conversation - surfaced everyone's faces. Sakura swallowed the storing saliva in her mouth but it seemed to be a hard task. She forced to swallow it, with reality and the haziness of the future mixed in it.
 
“I'll tell Shizuka-sensei that she is very lousy in teaching English.” Syaoran nonchalantly broke the heavy-weighed stillness. Tomoyo giggled but hesitation and uneasiness were still obvious. Eriol smiled loosely. “Yeah, tell her that Syaoran.” Eriol added. Tomoyo nodded and said, “How about rephrasing your sentence Saku-chan?” Sakura looked down. Her hair fell on her face. She doesn't want them to see her cry. She doesn't want them to witness her weak side. “Well, maybe if Tomoyo's here alone, I could cry in front of her. But I wouldn't do that. I know she'll be troubled if she sees me so depressed.” She thought.
 
------
Touya walked in Iyori's office. “What did you do to her?” he asked sternly as he stood across Iyori's table. Iyori, who was seated behind his desk, gave a baffled look. “Why? What happened?” he asked as he put the papers that he was examining, to his table. Touya walked nearer and sat stiffly on a chair just in front of Iyori's desk. “She can't walk.” Touya blurted. Touya looked straight at Iyori's eyes, trying to see any reaction. But he failed. Though he noticed Iyori's eyebrows furrowed ever-so-slightly, it then just faded as soon as it surfaced. Touya could not hazard a guess on what Iyori is formulating in his head. Touya gave him a glare and as Iyori noticed it, he gave a deep long sigh and ran his fingers through his silky black hair. “I'll go check it out.” He said as he rose from his feet, took the papers he was examining a while ago and hid it in his drawer. “I have a better idea.” Touya stood from his seat and turned his back from the bewildered doctor. “What is it then?” He then had the courage to ask. He knew that the person in front of him isn't his jolly friend but an unsatisfied patient. Touya smirked and looked back at Iyori and then stated firmly, “I'll go get another doctor for Sakura.” And he went out of the office. As the door was shut, Iyori's eyes grew wide; his dark blue orbs glistened with dismay and disbelief. He slumped back to his seat, not knowing what to do. “Touya, you're such an idiot.” He murmured. He closed his eyes and drifted away with his thoughts. “If I can't get hold of Sakura's case I think I'll die out of jealousy. I just can't imagine how another doctor would solve her case and be the victor. I need to solve it by myself. I'm the only one who knows Sakura's stats very well and I know Touya would not let anyone touch his sister.” And with the last word that rolled out of his thought, he smiled.
 
---
 
Touya walked his way out of the crowded corridor with a heavy heart. He didn't notice that the crowd even existed. His mind is only processing… conceiving the most important thought he should conceive. And that is his sister's health. “Drat! Where the heck could I find a good doctor for Sakura? She's not good with getting comfortable with doctors not even getting acquainted with them. She only trusts Iyori and I bet she'll yell at me if I tell her that I'll transfer her to another hospital or more likely to another country.” He sighed. Still lost with his thoughts, he walked slower looking around for doctors' names; searching for the perfect one to replace Iyori. Then, to his surprise, he was snapped out of his thoughts as he bumped unto someone. “I'm really sorry.” Touya said without looking at the person he had hit with himself and continued walking. “Why is it that in this hospital I always get bumped?” A female's voice shrieked irritably. He looked around and saw a lady glaring at him. “I'm really sorry.” Touya murmured and turned his back on her and walked away. Then a sudden pull of his polo sleeve startled him as so he stopped. He looked back over his shoulder and could see the same lady that he had just bumped. “I told you, I'm sorry.” Touya said sternly and took the lady's hands off of his sleeve. “I got to run.” He added and walked away. “Didn't your mother teach you to help a lady in need?” The same female voice curled his every nerve ending - annoyed with her Chinese accent. “You don't need help.” He stated and thought wryly, “I should've taken the other corridor to avoid this mess. She's starting to piss me off.” The lady followed Touya with sight, her red eyes blazing in anger. “I don't want to go back here in Japan. I will never be back here!” she groaned in whisper and started to head to her destination.
 
Oh no! A short chappie! Forgive me guys if I gave you a short one right now after those dreadful weekends of not writing and hanging the story loose. I'm really very busy this month. Gome na sai!