Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Dance with Me ❯ Hiding from the Truth ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own CCS or anything from it.
 
Dance with Me
By: LadyCisqua
 
-----
 
He pulled her closer and the kiss turned into a deep passionate one. She ran her fingers through his silky hazelnut hair. Syaoran was about to slip his hand into her jeans' back pocket when Sakura suddenly pushed him away.
 
It was already three in the morning and Syaoran was having hard time breathing. “What kind of dream was that?” He ran his fingers through his chocolate-colored hair and searched for his white cotton shirt under his thick comforter. He was in bad luck and could not find it as so he jumped out of his bed and went outside his room topless. He walked pass Sakura's room which is just two doors away from his. He stopped in front of it and stared at the knob. He shook his head in frustration and went on to his way down the kitchen. “What's gotten into me?” he thought in great perplexity and anxiety. He turned left and followed blindly the carpeted marbled pathway to the kitchen. Upon entering the room, he instantly opened the refrigerator. The dull orange light took him out of his pre-occupation. He blinked once, he blinked twice and he smiled at himself. “I'm getting freakier each day, eh.” He shook his head, mocking himself and stood up. Giving a heavy sigh he sat down on one of the wheeling stool on the bar counter. He dazed a sigh he sat down on one of the turning stool on the bar counter. he pation. t the knob. "so he jumped out of his bed andt the wine cellar and started to drift again in his muddled thought. “That dream…”
 
That afternoon, he couldn't believe what he had just done. Half of him was glad that he had done such deed and half of him is draining his conscience to a prison in hell. “Syaoran you stupid guy.” He muttered. He could still feel her cherry lips on his that in every time that passes his thoughts, his cheeks would turn red. And he could also still feel the way her body trembled in shock with what he did. He shut his eyes tight. “What did you just do, boy?” he asked himself again. He admitted his defeat after a moment's thought. He knew nothing will happen if he kept on scolding himself. He has to do something and he has to be out of the trance that wretched girl just gave him. That afternoon where the sun lazily illuminated her angelic face and made her lips more enticing than it already was. He could still remember those emerald eyes that showed fear and surprise as she tried to pull away from him. He shook his head vigorously and hit it on the counter.
 
“Is there something bothering you?”
 
He stopped and looked up. He saw that angel again that had been bothering him. He straightened his back and tried to make up an excuse. His mind was racing with his breathing. “Are you okay?” Sakura asked. “You're having trouble in breathing?” He shook his head and looked away. “What are you doing here?” he changed the topic. “It's three in the morning.” Sakura rolled her eyes. “I know you own this house but that doesn't mean you should own my schedule as well.” “I just wanted to know.” Syaoran retaliated as he put his chin unto his palm which is rested on the tiled counter. “What is it to you if you'll know nosey-guy?” Sakura put a hand on her waist. Syaoran shrugged. “Then what is it to you if you'll know what it will be in for me?” Sakura turned on her heel and walked away almost stomping. Syaoran smirked and added, “Be careful darling. That's marble you're stomping on.” Sakura turned back and yelled. “Go to sleep and don't wake up topless guy!” And she moved on but did a halt. Turning back again with a wide grin plastered on her face she said, “Oh, I forgot to tell you. Don't go walking topless again.” Syaoran looked at himself. “Why? Makes you think something,” he faked a cough, “green?” he smiled. “Oh no,” Sakura played with the end of her hair. “It makes me wonder why girls would want to go out with a flabby guy.” And she walked off for good. “Flabby? Who's flabby?” he pinched his tummy and had not pinched out a single baby-fat. “You're just jealous fatty!” He yelled. “Shut up!” he heard her shot back. He smirked and wheeled the stool he's on, facing the stove. He narrowed his eyes and stood from his seat.
 
Sakura walked outside the mansion and started to jog, her plan, go around the whole structure. She jogged starting her circling to the left. She was shocked on how big the mansion really was. She looked up and she realized that the edifice would be shading her if ever she would try to jog in the afternoon. She looked down. The afternoon… she shook her head. The thought of it gives her the shivers and a blessed sensation. She bit her lower lip. She could still feel those luscious lips that girls are dying to have on theirs. But why is it bothering her? Was it because it was her first kiss and that it came from Syaoran? Her first kiss… “Should I be happy that he is my first kiss?”
 
What really happened that time was this:
 
Syaoran was struck on such realization: Sakura is really beautiful. Yes, he finds her pretty but never attractive. The sun shone on her lips and he felt the urge of pulling her close to him and feel her warmth… and feel her lips. And he did. He took her hand and kissed her, his free arm wrapped on her waist and the other holding her cheek. He could feel her resisting and then giving in. He thought it was okay. He had kissed girls many times and to those girls, it was okay. He thought she was one of them. He then felt a drop of water on his lips. He opened his eyes and saw her crying and he could also feel her trembling. “I…” he couldn't stop but just stare at her. He backed away for a few steps and looked at her again. A lump formed in his throat and he couldn't swallow it. He looked away. “I'll tell Martha to ready the guest room for you. I have to go.” And he left her alone crying. He went out and got into his car. “What's wrong with you, Syaoran? It was just a kiss.” He turned the key and pulled the engine alive. For the whole day, all he could think of was Sakura's reaction. He was afraid that by the time he went home, she'll be gone. And then, he would suddenly contradict his thoughts with: “Well, I wanted her to be out of the mansion. No big,” and he would know by heart, he was lying.
 
Sakura, could not help but to feel confused. The scene never left her. She kept on remembering everything and could not focus on anything. By the time Martha showed her the room she locked herself in for the whole day. At the dinner table she was quiet while Syaoran was talking with a lot of associates on his laptop and his phone. She could not make her eyes give sight on him. Was she just shy? Was she starting to hate him a lot? Was she starting to hate him truly? She could not figure out.
 
And now, they just talked and had their typical argument. Was it a sign of truce?
 
The wind blew relentlessly on her auburn hair. She looked at her watch, it was already five in the morning. She liked the breath-taking view around the mansion. The large fields, the tennis court, the swimming pool, the equestrian's flat… the different smaller buildings and sub-houses around the mansion… all of it. “You could build another village with this place.” All the people are very friendly. And she could not believe that all of them are employees of this residence. It was time for her to be back, expecting that Syaoran would be out in the city already. As she went inside the backdoor, she could smell something delicious emanating from the kitchen. “It must be Alberta cooking for breakfast.” She thought. She went upstairs to her room and had a quick bath. The moment she's done with herself she went down to check out the food. As she entered the kitchen, she gasped. She walked back out, her eyes widened. “Was that…” she covered her mouth to avoid from spilling any word. She peeked inside the kitchen again. There, she saw Syaoran doing flambé on tenderloin. She narrowed her eyes. “Am I imagining things? Syaoran can cook?” and she remembered the time when they had a cooking session on their Home Economics subject. He said he hated cooking and so he flunked the subject in purpose. “Are you okay?” Sakura's eyes widened again and looked up. It was Syaoran looking at her confused, now on a green polo shirt, khaki six-pocket shorts and brown flops. Sakura stood and cleared the wrinkle on her baby blue bubble skirt. Syaoran walked to the counter and prepared the food. “You hungry?” he asked without even looking at her. “I'll go out. I'll be back by six in the evening.” Sakura answered. “Where are you off to now?” Syaoran sat on the wheeling stool. “It's none of your business.” She answered. “Well, I'd say, it is.” “Hell, why?” “You're living in my house. You're my darned responsibility now.” “Whatever.” “That's hunger. You better eat.” “Don't you have work?” “It's Friday.” “Aren't you going to school?” Syaoran looked at her. “Aren't you going to school?” Sakura walked near the counter and sat on the wheeling stool beside Syaoran. She took bacon and a toast and placed it on her plate. Syaoran smirked. “So I guess we're going to spend the day together.” “No, we're not.” “Oh really?” “I'm going to school.” “You're already late. It's almost seven. Classes start by seven-fifteen. It's a thirty minute ride on a private car from here. If you commute, it would take you an hour.” “I'll attend the afternoon classes.” “And be interrogated by nosey people.” Syaoran added as he took a bite of his buttered toast. Sakura was silent. She knows he's right. “We're going to a doctor.” Syaoran broke the silence. Sakura looked at him, her eyebrows furrowed. “No, we're not.” “Don't worry, we'll go to Switzerland.” “S-Switzerland? Are you dumb?” she paused for a while, “Yeah, you're dumb.” Syaoran looked at her. “I'll strangle you if you won't stop.” Sakura blurted a laugh. “Right,” she giggled. Syaoran smiled. He took a slice of the tenderloin and put it to Sakura's plate. “Huh? I'm already full.” Syaoran looked away. “I cooked it for you, so eat it.” Sakura blushed and looked away. “Okay.” She finished the tenderloin silently. Syaoran has his ears plugged with the phones of his I-pod touch. She would look at him whenever he turns his head away. And every time he tries to take a quick glance of her, she would look away. After placing the knife and fork at her plate she wheeled around to get a drink. Syaoran watched her search for the glasses. He then smirked and rose from his feet walking to a cabinet, taking out two glasses. He handed one to Sakura which she obliged to accept. He opened the refrigerator and took a pitcher of orange juice. He poured unto his glass and hers and put the pitcher to the counter. After drinking Syaoran looked at her. “You better change your attire.” He studied her from head to toe. Sakura flushed and slapped him. “What?” he exclaimed. “What was that for?” She shut her eyes tight. “Don't stare at me like that.” Her hands clenched. Syaoran's eyes widened. “I didn't mean to do anything stupid.” He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. Sakura looked down. “O-okay,” “Well,” he continued, “I just wanted you to change your clothes.” “W-what for?” Sakura asked; both of them could not look at each other. “We're going to the mall.” Sakura nodded slightly and walked out of the kitchen to her room. Syaoran sighed. He went to his room to change. After changing, he waited for Sakura at the living room. It took him an hour of waiting. Sakura went down stairs and Syaoran stood from his seat. He stared at her. Sakura was wearing a white tank top with a pink jean bolero over, skinny jeans and her black chucks. Syaoran can't help but smile. Usually, when he takes a girl somewhere, the girl would usually wear very short tight skirts and body fit or hanging shirts. But Sakura, she wears simple clothes. “What?” Sakura said. Syaoran shook his head. “Nothing,” he smiled, “Let's go.” And so he led the both of them out, Sakura walking behind him. Sakura can't help but stare at him. Syaoran was wearing a round neck tee with green striking across the chest, a dog tag and a perfect fit jeans and white chucks. “He's plain.” She thought. He opened the door beside the driver's of his navy blue Mitsubishi Eclipse. Sakura went in and he walked around the hood and opened the driver's door and went in as well. “How many cars do you have?” Sakura asked. “About 20.” Syaoran nonchalantly answered. Sakura rolled her eyes. “You don't believe me?” Syaoran joked. “Nope. I won't believe that you just have 20 cars. I'd say you have more.” Sakura replied. “More?” Syaoran repeated as he started the engine. “Yeah, are you deaf? More.” Sakura answered. “Okay.” He replied and drove.
 
Sakura then asked, “How come you thought of going to the mall today?”
“I just wanted to hang out.”
“Right.”
He nodded. “With you.”
Silence occupied the area.
“I don't need to go to the mall.”
“I know you don't.”
“So, let's go back.”
“So, we'll change plans.”
Sakura looked at him.
“We'll go somewhere else.”
“No,” Sakura disagreed.
“Yes.”
“No.”
“Yep.”
“No we won't.”
“Yes we will.”
“Syaoran,” she whimpered in annoyance. Syaoran felt ticklish with her whimper. Sakura's eyes widened. Another interlude of silence.
“It's eight in the morning,” Sakura broke the silence. “Where would you find an open mall?”
“I thought we're not going to the mall?”
“Okay, if not to the mall, where are planning to go?”
“To the airport.”
“Airport?”
“We're going to Switzerland right?”
“Switzerland? You must be crazy!”
“Huh? What's crazy about that?”
“Li,” Sakura changed her position, turning to face Syaoran.
Syaoran raised an eyebrow. “Just call me Syaoran, okay?”
“Yuck, I won't!”
“You just did.”
“I haven't!”
Syaoran imitated her whimper. “Syaoran,”
Sakura blushed. “Well, that was…” she looked away, “You misheard it.”
“Whatever.”
“Why are we going to Switzerland?”
“Ah-ah-ah,” he wagged a finger at her, “You're changing the topic.”
“Oh come on!”
“What?”
“Shut up!”
Syaoran laughed. “Call me Syaoran first.”
“No!”
He shrugged, “Okay,” he smiled “You won't know the reason why we're going to Switzerland.”
Sakura crossed her arms across her chest. “Fine for me.”
“Okay,”
But Sakura's lips were itching. She would want to know. She shut her eyes tight. “Oh,” she grunted.
“Hmmn?”
“Oh fine,” she turned again to look at the driver. “Just this once.”
“You still won't know.”
“Oh heck, fine!”
Syaoran smiled.
“S-Syaoran,” she stuttered.
“Sorry, can't hear you darling.”
She looked away and muttered under her breath, “Syaoran,”
“Huh?”
“Syaoran,” she muffled.
“What?”
She sighed in defeat. “Syaoran,” she said clearly.
He smiled.
“Why are we going to Switzerland?”
Syaoran raised his eyebrows.
“Syaoran? Why, Syaoran, are Syaoran, we, Syaoran, going Syaoran to Syaoran, Switzerland Syaoran?”
He laughed. “Hold on there girl.”
“Bleeh!”
“We're going there to find a good doctor.”
“But I'm fine already.”
“We're still not sure about that.”
“So, you really don't believe me.”
“Not that I don't, I just want to make sure that you're really fine.”
“Yesterday you already shove it on me. You don't believe me. You think I'm a fraud.”
“About yesterday,” he looked serious this time, “I was…”
“Don't tell me.” She interrupted. “I don't care about what you were thinking that time.”
“Sakura,”
“We're not going anywhere.”
He sighed and continued driving. The ride was very uneventful.
He pulled the car unto a stop upon reaching a coffee shop, San Martin's. He went out and walked to Sakura's door and opened it for her. She won't walk out. “Come on Sakura.”
“We're not going anywhere.” And she looked away.
Syaoran smiled slyly. He bent and carried Sakura in a bridal way. “No, you're coming with me.” Her eyes widened. “Syaoran, put me down,” she said. “Why should I?” “People are staring at us.” “So? I'd rather be stared at than to go without you. Anyway, I'm pretty used of being stared at, so it's okay.” Sakura sighed. She leaned her head to his shoulder, “You don't understand.” Syaoran stopped. He slowly put her down. “Just…” Syaoran looked away. Sakura took his hand and pulled him towards the coffee shop. “I'm hungry.” Syaoran was silent for a moment. He made her lead him anywhere until they had sat on their table. “Listen,” he broke in. “Just give me this chance.” Sakura raised her finger to call a waiter's attention. “We'll go. You have to feed me first, you know.” Sakura said without even looking at him. He just stared at her. “Okay,” he told her, “place an order for me. I have to go to the bathroom.” Sakura nodded. As he stood, he was halted as Sakura speaks, “Not scared that I might run away?” Syaoran smiled at her. “I know you won't. You have your code of honor.” And then, he left.
 
--
It has been 24 hours since Sakura's escape from the hospital and Touya is very anxious to find her. He walked to and fro in front of Iyori's desk while Iyori was on the phone busy talking to the police. By the time he replaced the receiver; Touya stopped walking and faced the doctor. “Did they find her?” he asked. Iyori shook his head. “But did they have a trace?” he interrogated again. For the second time, Iyori shook his head. He slammed his hands unto the desk. “What is wrong with the police?” Touya furiously exclaimed. “They told me that a taxi driver brought her to a pizza parlor, Don Luciano's.” Iyori said nonchalantly. “And after that?” Touya straightened. Iyori shrugged. “They don't know! The only thing that baffles me right now is that she could walk again. As what the nurse and therapist said, she had gotten back her senses by the time he twisted her foot. Through his diagnosis, Sakura was not faking the illness.” Iyori tapped his fingers rhythmically on his desk. Suddenly, Touya's phone rung, and immediately, he answered.
 
“Yes?”
“Hey.”
“What now, Syaoran?”
“I got Sakura with me.”
-Silence-
Syaoran blurted, “We'll be going to Switzerland later.”
“What?” Touya exclaimed.
“I know a good doctor there.”
“But…”
“Just leave it all to me.”
“Wh…”
“Shut up and let me do it.”
“Just don't forget to report daily.”
“Whatever.”
“Listen, if something happens to her, I'm going to kill you.”
“If you could,”
“I'm serious.”
“I know, me too.”
“Don't forget to report daily, twerp.”
“Fine.” And the line went dead.
 
Touya faced Iyori. “I have to go.” “Where to?” “None of your business.” And Touya was out in a split second.
 
---
 
Syaoran went out of the cubicle and placed his phone inside his pocket. He walked along the aisle to the lounge and saw Sakura still at her seat looking out of the window with her chin rested on her palm. “I thought I'd lose her.” He said to himself and walked nonchalantly towards Sakura. “It took you a lot of time to…” and she looked at him and smiled, “you know,” Syaoran raised an eyebrow and sat beside her. He smiled, “I was giving you enough time to escape.” I'm afraid that you'll go. “Right,” Sakura rolled her eyes. “So, what did you order?” Syaoran asked. “Nothing.” She answered casually. “Huh?”
 
“I don't want to eat here.”
“Why? You don't like the ambience?”
She looked around. “It's good here.”
“Then, why don't you want to eat here?”
“If I eat here, would you…”
“What?”
“Nothing. Let's go.” And she rose from her seat.
Syaoran followed her by sight for a moment and stood as well. “Are you sure?”
She nodded.
“I thought you're hungry.”
She shook her head.
When they reached the parked car, Syaoran opened the door for her, next to the driver's seat. But Sakura insisted and opened the door at the back for herself. “Oh, come on!” Syaoran grumbled. “What's wrong?” Sakura looked at him. “Nothing!” she exclaimed.
“Then why do want to seat there?” he raised his voice.
“What's the difference if I seat here?” she started yelling.
“Difference? You're asking for difference?” he yelled back.
“What, you're deaf now?” she retaliated.
“The difference is if you'll seat there, then, you won't be beside me.” He shouted.
Sakura's eyes widened. Syaoran looked away and slammed the door and went inside the car. He started the engine and drove off. They were both silent. Arriving at the airport, Sakura's phone rang. She looked on the screen before answering it and saw Tomoyo's name. At first she hesitated to answer but then complied. She answered, “Yes?”
“Sakura, where are you? I am worried sick!”
“Tomoyo, I'm,”
“No excuses. Just tell me where you are, I'm going to pick you up. Touya's really frustrated. Your dad has been calling every hour.”
“I…can't…tell you.”
“Why not?”
“It's a long story.”
“Tell me.”
“I'm bound for Switzerland.”
“WH-what?!?”
“I'm with,” she swallowed the storing saliva in her throat, “Syaoran.”
“S-Syaoran? What are you two up to? Elope?”
“No! That would never happen.”
“Then, what's up?”
“He's helping me.”
“Oh, right,” Tomoyo teased.
“What?”
“Are you two…?”
“No!” Sakura could imagine Tomoyo grinning while playing with the end of her long black hair.
“Oh, puh-lease, Sakura.”
“What?”
“You just called him, Syaoran.” Tomoyo put a prattling slur on the name.
“He insisted that I call him by his name!”
“And you complied? That's not the Sakura I know.”
“Shut up!”
Tomoyo chuckled.
“That's a stupid thought you know that.”
“Don't yell. Calm down.”
“Whatever.”
“Anyway Sakura,” Tomoyo's enthusiastic tone faded, “Kenchi and I broke up a while ago.”
“Why? How?” concerned hovered over her voice.
“I don't know. Maybe, we're just too perfect together that we wanted to try something different, something imperfect.”
“Oh, Tomoyo, I wish I'm beside you right now to hug you tight.”
“Really?”
“Of course! What kind of best friend am I? I'm really sorry Tomoyo.”
“You said you're going to Switzerland?”
“Huh?” the line went dead.
 
“Done talking?” the familiar husky voice that tickled her ears startled her. She looked up and saw Syaoran sitting beside her. “How did you…?” “You were busy yelling at your best friend.” Syaoran answered. “Oh,” she looked down. “About yesterday and a while ago. Just forget it okay?” and he got out of the car. Sakura felt stupid and would want to apologize on how she acted but she was again startled by Syaoran. “Hello!” he greeted. “How are you?” Sakura stared at him for a moment. “What? You have bipolar disorder?” Syaoran laughed. “And you have amnesia right?” he said and winked. Sakura blinked for a while and got what he wanted to point out after a moment's thought. She laughed out heartily. “You're stupid.” She chuckled. “That's a bit harsh.” He joked.
 
 
I hope this is long enough! Enjoy! ^^