Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Dance with Me ❯ [...] ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dance with Me
By: LadyCisqua
 
 
Syaoran gave the cars keys to a guy in a blue polo and black slacks and took Sakura to a nearby coffee shop. “I'm not hungry.” Sakura protested. “We're not going to eat anyway.” Syaoran answered and took Sakura's hand to his. Sakura blushed lightly. “What are we doing here then?” Sakura asked as they stopped by a table and sat. “We'll be waiting for security here.” Syaoran answered.
“Security?”
Syaoran nodded.
“What for?”
Syaoran looked around and saw a new issue of TIMES magazine and took it. (A/N: I don't own TIMES magazine.)
“Hmmn?”
He showed the magazine to her. On the cover it says: YOUNG BUSINESS TYCOON, SWEEPING THE WORLD OFF OF ITS FEET and Syaoran's face, plastered on it - him smiling and waving to everyone. “I see,” Sakura said as she understood what the guy in front of him meant. She flipped open the pages and saw an interesting article. She gasped. On that page, she saw her face and Syaoran's and the school building. On top printed hugely in red was: LI XIAO LANG - A DANCER BY HEART. She muffled her laughter after reading the title. Syaoran raised a brow. He took the magazine and saw the article. His eyes widened. “Oh, come on!” he grunted. Sakura took another magazine, TOMOEDA, from the rack. She saw that the cover issues were the perfect couple's break up - Tomoyo and Kenchi, the new ways of losing weight and the ballroom festival. She searched for the article about the ballroom festival. Both of them were quiet reading. After reading they looked at each other.
 
“They changed the representatives.” They both chorused. Syaoran laughed jovially. Sakura smiled. Her mind was racing. She was searching for something. Should I be happy or not? She looked up and saw four large men came in the shop. Syaoran rose from his seat. He shook hands with each man and smiled. “Come on.” He told Sakura as he reached out his hand to her. Sakura stood from her seat and ignored the help he offered and just smiled at him. Syaoran stared at her for a moment and dropped his arm at his side. He nodded at the four large men in black suites and they walked inside the airport. They walked in an empty corridor and at the end of it was an elevator with a gold door. They went inside and it brought them underground to a private hangar. Sakura was deeply impressed with the setting. They walked on a carpeted floor towards a large airplane. They went inside it through a tube where an escalator is placed, all carpeted in expensive red fabric, and went in the dining area. Sakura looked astonished that she could not stop gaping. The four large men went outside the area and sat at the security lounge near the door. Syaoran pulled a chair for Sakura to sit on. Sakura sat on it and he sat beside her. “Want me to make you a drink?” he asked her but she didn't bother to respond. All she did was look around. He smirked. He slowly moved closer to her afraid that she'll resent. But seeing her not reacting he continued and whispered at her. “Would you want me to make you a drink?” his cool, husky voice gave divine pleasure to her whole being and a long sweet shiver to her spine. She looked at him. “What was the whisper for? You could have just asked me, normally.” She answered, almost a whisper. By that time, she could feel his light breathing on her face and she was starting to melt on his gaze. Somehow, she could tell that his eyes are showing sadness. She explored his face with her sight and when she found him smiling, her heart skipped a beat. “I asked you, normally.” He smirked. “You didn't respond.” Sakura blushed and looked away. “I was too awed with the place.” She muttered. “Me too.” Syaoran answered. “Liar.” Sakura shot back. “Huh?” Syaoran raised a brow. “You're still awed with your plane though you've been riding it almost everyday. That's ridiculous.” Sakura gave a teasing smile, trying to regain her composure. “Seriously. I still am.”
“Oh come on.”
“Let me tell you while touring you around.”
“Okay.”
“Well, after I make you a drink.”
“What's so important in making me a drink? You've been asking me that ever since we got here.”
“I.” he blushed, “This is the first time I brought a girl in my private plane.”
Her eyes widened. “Are you serious?”
“Whatever. Laugh all you want.” He looked away, his eyes narrowed and his lips slightly pouting.
She giggled with his childish behavior. “What's the connection of making me a drink as the first girl who had ever been invited to travel with you in your private plane?”
“I just don't know where to start.”
“Start?”
“You know, making you feel comfortable.” He paused.
She's silent.
He continued. “Making you feel comfortable not just travelling but… travelling with me.”
She bit her lower lip, not knowing what to answer.
---SILENCE---
“Anyways,” he broke the silence, “Let's forget about the drink. I'll just tour you around.”
Sakura nodded and followed him as he walked to a door extended to the left.
“This is my grandparents' office. I'm using it now.” Syaoran said. “So this is where the great Li Cheng Jie and Li Yun Yu used to control the world. Now, it's you who's doing the management.” Sakura uttered and looked around. “You know your facts.”
She looked at the desk and she felt the sudden gush of invitation. She wanted to hold it and sit behind it, unto that leather chair. She gazed at Li for a moment and shook off her hesitation. “You wouldn't mind if I touch the desk right?” Syaoran smirked. “As if anything would happen if you would.” Sakura flushed lightly in embarrassment. He does have a point. She bit her lower lip. She would like to ask if she could sit as well to the comfortable-looking chair but restrained herself from further humiliation. As if Syaoran read her mind, he added, “You could sit on the chair if you like.” Sakura wanted to smile but she didn't. Instead, she pouted and crossed her arms across her chest. He thinks he's all that. I could sit in any chair. I'm contented. Who the heck is he - trying to offer me to sit on his chair? There's no difference anyway. Her pride poured out. “No thanks.” She blurted out. Syaoran shrugged. “Okay then. Let's go to the bedrooms.” She wanted to go `omigosh-really-hurry-up-I-wanna-see-more' but then she wouldn't. “Not this time.” She thought to herself. “I won't let my guard down to this guy.” Syaoran already left and seeing no one inside the room she slowly tip-toed to the chair and sat. She ran her fingers through the smooth surface of the high-quality leather and felt good. “So this is how it felt.” She whispered. She relaxed and sat back. She felt sleepy and so she closed her eyes.
 
 
“It has a massaging system based on reflexology so it's not just any mere vibrating chair.” Her eyes flung open upon hearing the familiar voice. Her sight locked with his and she couldn't tell if she's going to melt or die. She could feel his light breathing again and smell the same perfume that gives her so much pleasure. And she was back to earth. Her eyes widened. “Ooops! It's Syaoran! I'm busted! What to do now?” her mind raced. Syaoran straightened from his leaning position and slipped his hands into his pockets. “You want to sleep?” he asked nonchalantly. “I - I” she stuttered. He raised a brow. She looked down. “Let's make things clear.” He broke the interlude. Her brows furrowed for a second. He took a chair nearby and placed it beside the leather chair to where Sakura is seated. He sat down and leaned his head to the headrest. Sakura swallowed the storing saliva in her throat.
 
“Why do you hate me?”
“I thought we're suppose to forget everything?”
“We can't run away from grudges forever.”
“Look, I'm not holding up grudges against you and I hope that's clear.”
“You sure?”
“Not really.”
He nodded. “Any reasons why?”
“Why…what?”
“Why you hate me.”
“I told you… I'm not sure.”
“You told me yesterday that you do and it sounded that you were more than sure.”
“Maybe you're the one who's holding up a grudge against me.”
He smirked. “That's just stupid.”
“How could that be stupid? There's a possibility.”
“I can't hate the only person that…” he paused for a while and looked down before he ack. She felt sleepy and all as