Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ False Face, Hidden Heart ❯ Watching Friends ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Cardcaptor Sakura in any way, shape or form but the plot is mine so I will hurt you or your bank account severely if you steal it.

Ooo, such a long time since I last updated…sorry? I really didn't mean to put it off for so long…

Thank you to~

Katsu-sama, KyteAura, chibisakura, Silverwing, Dana Daidouji, Angel of Silence, crystal~heart, Hele, Ginny-Star, Joanni, Shima and Tempis, Athar-Luna, yuri maxwell, Aurora Starcrystal, Yuriko, Xiao, SVZ, luckyducky7too, soul, LitleAznGurl, Distant Moon and zxoaswtxiaolangoxz

Chapter Nine: False Face, Hidden Heart

'And please sign here Hiiragazawa-san'

Eriol sighed and glared balefully at the piling sheets of paper in front of him. It seemed that no matter how many forms he filled, more just kept appearing. Not to mention, he could've sworn they were asking the same questions over and over again. He put his pen into a death grip whilst trying to restrain himself from killing something. He didn't want to end up in the psychological ward just as he was about to get out. After realising he was in the process of snapping the pen he breathed and loosened his grip on the poor thing.

'Having trouble Hiiragazawa?' A mocking taunt.

Eriol's grip on the pen tightened again. He would not try and stab Syaoran with the pen. He wouldn't…he took a calming breath and turned to face his three quarters-rival, one quarter-friend. How it ever even became one quarter was beyond him. He just could not get through a civil conversation without wanting to rip Syaoran's pretty face off by the end. The only reason he restrained himself was because that secretary, Sakura would be upset and that would make Tomoyo angry and that would not be a pretty sight.

'I am doing just fine Li-san.' He replied through his teeth. 'Is there a reason you came to irritate me today or was it just to try and get me to kill you once and for all.'

He really, really hadn't meant the last bit to come out…but it was Syaoran. How he could just not want to bicker with Syaoran? It was just too tempting. The 'victim' in question raised an amused eyebrow. Syaoran grinned challengingly,

'Nope, for once I'm actually here to help.'

A blank look was all he got from the dark haired boy.

Syaoran rolled his eyes.

'I am here to pick you up and take you to Tomoyo you blockheaded nitwit.'

Eriol glared apparently torn between surprise at the kindness or annoyance at the name-calling. Now, being a calm level-headed, perfectly sane person he settled for a comfortable middle way. He threw the pen at Syaoran.

After an hour or so with the evil form filling in they were out of the hospital for good. Eriol sighed happily as a warm breeze blew past bringing with it several leaves. The outside was so nice after so many years of what seemed like prison. He looked down at himself; he was milky pale from the lack of sunlight. It made a startling contrast to his dark hair and deep blue eyes.

Syaoran kept in step with his temporary charge, amber eyes watching the pale figure walking net to him. Eriol was a good match for Tomoyo, but if her hurt her in any way he would be on the other boy with a chainsaw before the other knew what had hit him. Cliched as it was, Syaoran wasn't really that eager to have his friends hurt. He remembered being younger and playing at school with Eriol, they had been counterparts of sorts and good friends too. Syaoran who ruled any sport on the field and Eriol the academic genius.

He frowned to himself as he remembered the day his best-friend-at-the-time had vanished. His family had withdrawn the black haired genius from his school. And that was the last time he had ever seen Eriol. He was rather surprised when he heard about Tomoyo's 'special case' from Sakura. And he was even more so when he discovered what was wrong with Eriol. He eyed the figure by him again; there was nothing to even show the trauma Eriol must've been through. He just smiled to himself and let out a breath, at least it was all over now.

'What's the matter? I thought you were meant to be really fit or something Syaoran.'

Rising to the challenge the honey haired boy laughed and replied,

'If you must know, I am!'

'I'll race you!'

And with that Eriol was off down the street at an amazing pace. Syaoran, never to back down, was after him like a bullet in the space of half a second. The two rushed through the city like little boys. Eventually they pulled to a stop when Syaoran grabbed Eriol's arm to make him brake. They both doubled over as they took deep breaths.

'We're…nearly, at Tomoyo's!' Syaoran managed to gasp out.

'I can't…believe, I'm…so unfit!' Eriol whined in the fashion of a three year old.

Syaoran grabbed Eriol's sleeve and together they stumbled down the last few lanes to Tomoyo's house using eachother as support.

'We're here.'

Eriol eyed the door silently. Syaoran shoved him.

'Well, go on!'

'Syaoran?'

'Where's the park?'

'Down that road to your right.'

'Thank you, you can go now.'

Syaoran shrugged and headed back down the way he had come. Eriol turned to the door again and knocked before her could get too nervous. A muffled 'wait a minute!' was heard along with some quick footsteps. From his hiding place, Syaoran watched as the door opened and Tomoyo appeared. He smiled satisfied and with that vanished down the street.

'Eriol! You're out of hospital!'

A slight smile.

Eriol offered a hand to the beautiful nurse. Tomoyo blushed and accepted it graciously, their linked palms making a beautiful contrast of pale white and light peach. Eriol looked at Tomoyo with startlingly dark blue eyes.

'Let's go to the park.'

~~~~~~~~~~

I did it! I did it! I updated! Yay!