Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ First Time I Love Forever(fanfiction contest) ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 2

"Mr.Hiragizawa,do you mind taking these papers to the Home Ec teacher?"asked their adviser.

"Not at all,Mr.Ryoujin."Eriol took the stacks of paper.

It was their lunch break.Everyone but him left for the canteen.He didn't feel hungry,and if he tried forcing food into his mouth,he knew he would just throw up.

Kaho and his servants were already alarmed by how little he ate these past days but they could not do anything.It was just one of the ominous sighns of his fate,and not even the highest form of sorcery or magic can ever affect the natural course of destiny and the universal law of life and death.They knew their master had violated the law by his mere existence,for he was only a reincarnation.He should not be here for he was long dead.

Eriol paused in front of the Home Ec room.He knocked twice and waited.

"Come in!"a voice sang out.

He entered the room and found Tomoyo ironing something."Good afternoon,Tomoyo."he greeted.

She looked up,startled."I-I thought you were Mrs.Hiroshito."She was referring to their Home Ec teacher.

"Well I was bringing these papers for her."He took a paperweight from the teacher's desk and placed it on top of the stack.He then walked towards Tomoyo."Have you taken your lunch already?"

She shook her head."I want to finish this first."After a few more presses and slides,she pulled the plug off.She then handed the neatly-ironed fabric to him."As I promised,here is your coat.I handwashed it and ironed it so you can wear it already."

Eriol took the coat.As he stared at the cloth,he felt something warm touch his heart."Thank you,Tomoyo,er Daidouji-san."

She laughed.The merry sound tickled his senses."Tomoyo is fine,Hiragizawa-kun."

"Call me Eriol,please."

She nodded."How about you,Eriol?Have you eaten lunch already?"

He shook his head."I don't take lunch."

"Oh.."Tomoyo didn't know what to reply.

"Thanks for the coat anyway."he said softly before exiting the room.



"..and that's all for today.Good day,class."The Math teacher left the room.

"Let's walk home together."said Tomoyo,a hopeful smile on her pretty face.

He averted eye contact."I-I'm..I don't think so,Tomoyo.I'm sorry."

Her face fell."I-I see."She smiled again."Maybe next time."

He nodded,smiling too.Not returning her bright smile is next to impossible."Definitely."



That night,Eriol was contentedly sitting on his comfy reading chair,an open book on his lap.He wasn't reading though.He was holding his navy blue coat that Tomoyo washed and ironed for him.

"Master Eriol,you've been holding that coat for hours!I demand to know what is so special about a day-old school coat?"said Spinel.

He didn't reply.He merely stroked the smooth fabric of his coat,wishing it was Tomoyo's porcelain-like skin instead.

Meanwhile,Kaho was watching her master's peculiar behavior.Something is definitely up and she must know what is it."Please don't let happen what I think is happening to him.He can't fall in love..not when his days are numbered."


Suddenly,Eriol clutched his chest.His face was twisted in unmeasurable pain and his breath came in short,continous rasps.

"Master Eriol!"the three shouted.

Kaho acted quickly and used her power to ease his pain.Seconds later,Eriol's breathing returned to normal,but he was still perspiring visibly.

"Poor Master.."was all Nakuru could say.



December 17(the next morning)

"What are you doing here?"asked Kaho,her voice unusually sharp.

Tomoyo stepped back and smiled uncertainly."I was thinking that since Eriol and I live in the same neighborhood,I might as well fetch him every morning so we can go to school together."

Her frown deepened."Eriol is perfectly capable of going to school..alone."she said pointedly.

Something registered in the girl's eyes."I see."

"Not today,Kaho.I think company might do me some good today."a baritone voice interrupted authoratively.It was Eriol Hiragizawa,dressed for school already.

Kaho shot him a disapproving look,but he merely ignored it.Instead he turned to Tomoyo."Have you eaten breakfast?Nakuru and Spinel are inside,wolfing down the pancakes,and they will certainly be delighted if you join them."

"No thank you.I'm full."

"Then let's go."Eriol slung his backpack over his shoulders.



"Um,Eriol?"Tomoyo began,looking at the boy sideways.They were near the school gates already.

"Kaho is not my girlfriend."replied Eriol.

The girl blushed."How did you know what I was about to ask?"

He smiled briefly."I am Clow Reed."he said as if that would explain everything.

"How I wish you are not!You know too much!"she complained yet smiling good-naturedly.

"Me too."his mind agreed.With all his heart,how he wished he wasn't.



"For our art class,you can choose whichever subject you want as long as it's the best christmas gift you've ever received. in your life."explained the teacher."It will be passed on Thursday next week,with the best ones to be exhibited in the halls leading to the grand auditorium of our school,the site of the town's christmas ball."

"Goody!"Li remarked sourly.

"Oh don't be so down,Li Syaoran!Where's your christmas spirit?"cheered Sakura.

"Where's my drawing talent?"he cried.

Eriol smiled.He might as well do one silly art project.After all,this is his last christmas.

"Do you have an idea for the project,Eriol?"asked his seatmate.

He shrugged."I'll think of one tonight."

"I'm sure you'll come up with the best idea in our class!"said Tomoyo.

The simple praise made his heart dance again,and he knew he was perilously close to a syndrome he thought only his cute descendant and the normal human beings are capable of:blushing."Thank you,Tomoyo."

She smiled sweetly,and at once,he knew he lost the battle of colors,particularly on his face.

Sakura caught him.Li did too,but Tomoyo was blissfully oblivious.She was talking with Chiharu about the project.

Eriol cursed himself for the near-fatal fumble he committed.No,he must not let her know-not even the faintest idea about his feelings.No way!

"Eriol?"Tomoyo suddenly called.

"H-Huh?!What?"he asked,flustered.

Her eyes crinkled into a smile."Do you want to go with Sakura,Li and me to the park this afternoon?"

He shook his head slowly and with great difficulty."I do not feel too well."he said truthfully.

"Well in that case,I'll just accompany you home."she replied.

"Oh Tomoyo,don't!You go ahead with them-"

"I want to be with you!"she burst out.

"Y-You do?"he croaked.

She nodded."I'm walking you home and that's final!"

As she strode towards the couple to inform them of the sudden change of plans,Eriol watched her with mute longing.At the same time,a new fear rose in him-a fear he thought he handled very well and took care of long ago.



CHAPTER 3 PREVIEW

"Will you still go back there?"asked Syaoran.

"No.I will spend the rest of my days here."replied Eriol.

"Is it because of a certain someone?"he pressed.

Eriol immediately knew where the conversation was heading.He was tired of denying so in a resigned tone,he said,"Fine.I love Tomoyo.Satisfied?"