Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Forever It Will Stay ❯ Just One More Day ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kristy Selean: Hello again! He he. I heard that you wanted longer chapters... Well, I'm really sorry to inform you all that I can't write chapters that are really long. I tried to, but I prefer writing shorter chapters just because it gets the point across faster and smoother. I'll try writing a bit longer then I did before, but there are no guarantees. Sorry. T-T

Forever It Will Stay

Chapter 4: Just One More Day

Touya didn't like it. It was as simple as that. Who would like it knowing that their sister was troubled all because of an all too familiar person who came back. Touya knew that he was going to hate having him around again. For all he knew, that boy was nothing but trouble.

'Of all the times, why did he have to come back now?'

Meanwhile, Sakura was upstairs with Yukito. When Sakura finished her story, Yukito tried to comfort her. He did feel very sorry when he found out about the whole relationship between them. Yukito watched over her as she let out her tears and embraced her when she needed it until it was over.

"Arigato, Yukito-san."

"Chan, Sakura. We're going to get married as soon as this term is over. You don't need to keep addressing me like that."

"Okay, Yukito-chan."

Yukito smiled at Sakura who returned his expressions. Sakura sighed after heavily being remorseful about the whole situation. It was great to know that she could have someone to turn to. Their eyes gazed back at each other again before moving on to another topic.

"Oh yeah, Sakura, what about wedding plans? We hadn't really discussed them."

"Um... Tomoyo said she'd take care of all the outfits and the decoration of the place. We just need to come up with a program and decide where to go for the honeymoon."

"Hm. I'm not so sure what to do about the program. As for the honeymoon, maybe we could go to Europe or something."

"How about Switzerland? I always wanted to go there!"

"Sure thing. It sounds fun. Besides, we could go up to the mountains if it's going to be a cool day and there would be enough snow for us, right?"

Sakura smiled. It may not be a romantic place, but it would still be fun to go there and enjoy themselves. There was nothing wrong with that. Besides, Rika already went to Hawaii for her honeymoon a few years back, and it wouldn't be fun unless they had something different to say.

"Afterwards, we're going to have to set up Tomoyo and Eriol," Sakura replied slyly.

Yukito grinned along with Yue. Sakura could sense him smiling with a mix of joy and mischief. It would be fun after all to be able to record Tomoyo while she's taking care of herself instead of having to be recorded all the time. It was time for a change.

"Now, now, Yue. We're not doing this to harm Eriol."

"Aww. Why not?" came the reply.

Yue switched positions with Yukito to talk to Sakura. White wings engulfed the snow bunny and out came the angel guardian of the moon. His usual cold eyes were brimming with mischief as his lips curled into a smile. He couldn't wait to have an excuse to tease his former master. He exchanged a smile with Sakura.

"Still, there's something that feels weird."

"What does?"

"I don't know. I guess being part of the body that marries my own mistress just doesn't seem natural."

"I'm sorry."

"No! No, I think it's a great idea for you to get married, Sakura. It's just... I guess I'm thinking about another person."

Sakura's sparkles in her eyes instantly melted away, producing the harsh eyes of hatred. Yue knew that she would react in that way, but there was no other option for him. He had to tell her that he sensed him, even if that meant that his mistre... er, friend would hate him forever.

"I really wish you wouldn't mention him anymore, Yue-chan," Sakura muffled.

"I heard the conversation, and I'm sorry if it hurt you. I just had to make sure that leaving him out of your life is your final decision."

"It is, Yue. I'm sorry. I just want to go on and live out my life."

Yue nodded at Sakura's reply before switching back to Yukito. Where there was joy in his eyes, sadness had taken over. Sakura knew. She knew. Yukito had heard everything.

~*~

Feet covered in tan dress shoes shuffled down the street. The wind played with Syaoran's brown hair while he struggled to keep it out of his eyes. It was late autumn after all. After a few mores footsteps, Syaoran realized where his feet were taking him - Eriol's house. He wasn't sure if Eriol was really home or not but decided to go anyway. He needed advice whether it may be good or not, and it wouldn't hurt him to visit the reincarnation of his ancestor, would it?

'Maybe. Still, I want to know what happened to Sakura after all this time. I have to be able to file a report status on her when I get back, and if Eriol's not here, I'll just go home. Back to Hong Kong, that is.'

Finding that the door to the mansion was open, Syaoran walked into the house gingerly. It looked as though it hadn't been disturbed in a century or two. Syaoran stepped into what looked like an eerie living room with Eriol's usual chair. The "little wolf" found a book on the desk and began to read the cover when a shadow formed behind him.

"You really shouldn't barge into other people's houses."

Syaoran dropped the book immediately which ended up staying suspended. It was Eriol all right. The usual innocent yet oh so evil smile glinted off of his pale, cheery face. Syaoran growled. He hated when anyone tried to scare him... and succeeded. Eriol headed over to his chair and sat down, waiting for Syaoran to tell him what he wanted. Syaoran looked around and Eriol snapped a chair to appear near him where his descendant took a seat.

"Well, it's not everyday that I get to see my little descendant. What was on your mind?"

"I was just wondering about Sakura. I have to report to the clan how she's doing and all. Could you tell me what's been going on lately?"

"Well, there's nothing much to tell you. Sakura was pretty disappointed after you left. The first couple of weeks, she locked herself up in her room until Touya broke it down. They had to go outside and throw food to her window to force her to eat. Kero did help, but there was only so much he could do."

"It was that bad?" Syaoran asked, his voice hinting guilt.

"The poor girl. It's a shame that she had to deal with that, really. Thankfully, after Touya broke down the door, Tomoyo and I had a long talk with her to get her mind off of suicide. Sorry to say this, Syaoran, but we did tell her that you weren't worth it."

"I guess I could live with that. As long as she's okay and things worked out for the best, that is."

"Her life in school and friends seems to be fine. What I'm worried about is her power."

"Her power? I thought it was sufficient enough."

"It appears not to be. Her powers aren't growing strong enough. Syaoran, you know about the negative energies, right?"

"You mean the ones that the universe creates? Sure. The universe emits negative energies from negative thoughts of powerful magicians, but positive energies can be created by the most powerful magician to bring about an equality."

"You do know the things that would happen if enough positive energy is not created, right?"

"Basically, I know that the negative energies would overpower the most powerful mage and cause him or her to lose control of themselves which would mean..."

"Either the death of the mage if we're lucky or the obliteration of the world."

"Eriol, but what does that have to do with..."

"Syaoran Li, this is what I have to say about Sakura. Her bitterness against you is causing her to be unable to reach her full potential. Until she reaches this climax, she can't fight off the negative energies. When she locked herself up, she was hoarding theses energies within her to prevent them from falling on someone else, whether she knew it or not. Syaoran, I don't mean to make it sound like it's all your fault, but the reason why the Li clan wanted you to confess and marry her was so that her happiness would help her powers to grow twice as fast as it is growing now."

Syaoran's eyes widened. Twice as fast? Did Sakura need that much energy? What was going to happen? How did Eriol know about his acting? Eriol seemed to have sensed his thoughts. He rose out of his chair and turned his back to stare into the fireplace behind him. The fireplace erupted into flames that crackled and wavered under Eriol's watching eyes.

"Yelan-san has already informed me long ago. About your other questions, I don't know. I'm not so sure of what to do anymore. I thought that maybe if Sakura got married, she would forget about you eventually, but there isn't enough time."

Eriol sighed and paced around the quarters for a while before settling back down in his seat again. Syaoran bowed his head to look at the floor patterns and think up something that might help, but it was in vain. It seemed impossible to think up a solution at the moment.

"I guess I'll be heading home then. There's nothing else I can do here."

"When are you leaving, Syaoran?"

"I have until 8 p.m. to catch the plane. I'll have plenty of time tomorrow to talk to anyone else. I do have to watch Sakura's modeling class though."

"Ah, yes. I heard that class was quite unpredictable."

"Yeah. Well, I'd better go. Thanks for the info, Eriol."

Syaoran stepped out of the house. Syaoran sighed before walking back. It was a long day, and he had to pack his things so he could leave at eight tomorrow. The night was quiet with glowing street lamps and chirping crickets. The stars twinkled down at the world below while the moon was as bright as ever. Syaoran missed being part of it all. It was fun living here and absorbing this environment. The soft scent of autumn winds still lingered in the air as Syaoran finally made it back.

'One more day before I go back.'

Syaoran found his keys and entered his apartment. After a quick change of clothes, he sat on his bed and peered out the window. The night was getting colder, but it would be okay. After gazing at the silvery crescent moon, Syaoran turned out the lights to go to sleep. His thoughts drifted back to the events that happened so far ever since his return from the flight and Sakura's modeling class to Eriol's information about Sakura. The part that struck him the hardest was that he may have been the reason that Sakura and the world may be in danger. Syaoran rolled over at the thought of it.

'It'll be okay. I'll go back home, and Mother would have something to help everyone with. Until then, hang on, Sakura. I promise I won't be selfish anymore.'

Syaoran smiled at his thoughts. He had learned his lesson, and from now on, he would do as Sakura asks in order to keep the world at peace, even if it meant staying away from her and never revealing himself to her again. As long as things would be okay...

'Just one more day. Just one more day...'