Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Hello Stranger ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Hello stranger prologue
Author: Nekocin
E-mail: animecrush@sr.net
Type: AU
Warning: None yet...
Pairing: S+S, maybe E+T also... -_- still thinking about that...
Disclaimer: Card Captor Sakura belongs to CLAMP. NOT NELVANA *muttering* HOW DARE THEY!!? Anyways... CCS don't belong to me, none of the characters do, but this fanfic does XP

Author's note:
I've been pining for this to write ever since I've read a few VERY well-written CCS fanfics <Last Saturday 11-1-2003>. So here is it. My very first CCS fanfic. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

" ... " spoken words
//...// thoughts

--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

In a gigantic... uh... let's just say a mansion, a very angry growl can be heard. The servants froze and the guards looked up. "Master Li is at it again..." they sighed.
"WHY WON'T YOU PEOPLE LEAVE ME ALONE?" The brown-haired boy with shouted as he slammed his palm on his desk. Noting that he has a lot of paper works to do, because of the high piled up papers on his desk. Those who were disturbing him with some questions and and flashing cameras <obviously Reporters> quickly backed up. "Easy... easy... Master Li... we're sorry we've come at the wrong time..." said one of them with a weak grin and quickly pushed all the other reporters out of his desk.

"You shouldn't be so hard on them, Siu Lang [1]..." A calm and mysterious voice said as Syaoran whirled around. A beautiful and highly-dressed woman was in front of him as he looked down. "Sorry... it's just that this being popular stuff is... annoying me! I keep seeing my face in magazines and headlines. Now I can't even step out of my own house!!!" Syaoran almost exclaimed, but tried not to sound so mad in front of the woman, who was obviously his mother, Li Yelan. "You know this is for your own good, staying home running the family business, Siu Lang... AND your ka jie [2] are still looking for your soon-to-be wife. If none of those girls are appreciated we might as well try out whole the world..."she calmly and courteously. "Yes mother..." He said while dropping his head, showing his obedience.

"Good... why don't you go take some rest or something. You've been bugged by those reporters the whole day and you haven't even got the time to finish your papers, I see..." Yelan said while eyeing the pile of papers on the desk. Syaoran wanted to say something, but no sound came out of his mouth. "I know, I know... but since I'm still your mother I've to criticize your work often..." "Then I'll leave mother..." Syaoran sighed and walked away after bidding her some more respect. //Sometimes I get the feeling he doesn't want to marry anyways...kids nowadays//

~*~*~*~*

Syaoran walked through the halls with drooping shoulders to his own big room. It was a fairly comfortable-looking room. One king-size bed against the walls with different kinds of green blankets to boot. A desk near the balcony, with his own large wardrobe next to the door. Not much cheery is filled in his room, just bored-looking stuff... not even a poster or a photo frame of his family. The only thing that can catch someone's eye is the large balcony, where you can see the whole garden and the other 'outsiders' walking to go back to work. A well-sharpened sword was wrapped carefully in a few clothes on his bed. Syaoran glanced at the computer which was on his desk.
Being the youngest of one of China's richest people, of course he has a luxurious home... no doubt he's the richest guy AND not to forget the cutest among most of the richest.

I'm not saying the others are ugly, but Syaoran seemed to be the most sought guy at his place since he's one rich guy. Making girls fall for his amber eyes and cool attitude and trying to get his attention right from the day when he had reached puberty. None of the girls were pleasing him... he didn't know what love was and didn't care about them being so flirty. Being bothered by the news media he seemed to be so annoyed that he need to yell at them the whole day and even have to burst out in anger... some might say he's short-tempered. But none of the news media dared to say he was bad, or a dictator which was not true, or put false information in the newspapers. They came to Syaoran, trying to get some more home news for their country, and were afraid to get themselves fired if they didn't have a report on the VIP named Li Syaoran.

All seem so normal... until one day when Syaoran felt so bored, he complained it on-line to his friend whose user name was 'Master-E'. His pal from the internet suggested him to come to Japan where he can stay at his house too. Syaoran considered the idea of going away without being noticed and let his pal board him tickets with a false name. He was glad that his friend from Japan was so concerned about his situation since he himself was also so rich, but that everyone will keep on following him till the day he's grown old or something. //Just one day to go... then I'll be off to Japan... wonder how it is there?// He sometimes wondered as he gazed at his baggage which he'd prepared for himself without anyone noticing it. //I wonder about those flowers... what are they called?... Sakura, ne? Yes... Sakura... Master-E loved them...// Although Syaoran had never seen sakura trees before or sakuras, he assumed that they were quite beautiful since Master-E had told him a lot about those pinkish flowers.

He stared at the clock and walked to the balcony where he leant against the railing. Breathing the fresh air in as he watched the outside world. //What would my life be if I were outside these rich walls?// He sometimes wondered as he watched some teenagers in groups pass his gates. //School... I'd never have friends before...// He sighed as he watched how the students were happy chattering away, not even noticing the wistful look on the famous Syaoran who just got 'friends' because he was rich. He began to drift away in his own world, thinking about how he would be if he really had real friends, not even noticing that a few girls were giggling secretly while they waved. He didn't respond, making the girls even look embarrassed, but they can never stop thinking he's charming, cute, handsome... all that sort of stuff. //If only I am allowed to be a normal person...// And sometimes you have to be careful with what you're wishing for, right?

*~*~*~*~

2:10 AM, Monday
Syaoran was wide awake, wearing some casual clothes instead of highly-decorated clothes making everyone know that he was indeed filty rich. He quickly swung his baggage over his shoulder and put the carefully-wrapped sword away. Syaoran could feel his heart beating, but he has to escape... he has to go... he has to taste the life outside... he has to find love? Nah... not love, just friends. He swallowed hard and carefully climbed out of his balcony down using the shrubs as a ladder. //See you all maybe later. Don't try to find me mother...// Syaoran thought after succeeding in jumping over the high wall without doing any effort. Lastly we see a letter was placed on his cushion, named: Syaoran. The youth quickly ran out of sight...

"Konnichiwa, Li-kun!" A dark-haired guy with glasses waved as he walked towards the exhausted-looking Syaoran. "Uh... konnichiwa, Master-E, ne?" Syaoran tried his hardest not to sound so foreign since he had some foreign accents while trying to speak Japanese with his friend. "Aa... I guess you've been studying our language, ne Li-kun? My real name is Hiiragizawa Eriol. Call me Eriol... Is this all you've got?" The boy looked at Syaoran's baggage, who nodded while glancing over his shoulder. "Welcome to Japan, Li-kun! Or should I call you Ryou-kun? You don't mind it that I've changed your surname with mine, do you?" "Iie... it seems quite sufficient. Besides where am I...?" Before Syaoran could go further, Eriol smiled and nodded. "You can stay with me for a while... if you don't mind working along with me..." "What work?" Syaoran quickly shot up.

"You know that I've work to do so if you want to survive this unknown place, just try to follow my example. I'd informed my boss about your wanting to work and he approved..."
"When will I start? I'd never done some work. What kind of work? Who is my new boss"
"Great... COUSIN Ryou-kun! Tomorrow is your first day and I'm your partner as for the job... I think you'll like it a bit since it has some 'things' you wanted... like socializing..."
"Say it! What kind of work?"
"You're good with your sword, I assume... you're good at the physical stuff also, right? Then no problem with work..." Eriol doesn't seemed to panic when he saw Syaoran was boiling up with curiosity and enthusiasm. "Shoot it out NOW!"
"You can't command me here, 'Li-kun'. I'm not a dictator so don't expect me to become your slave... anyways you're not bad for this work anyways..."

"TALK!" "Okay, okay... I'm a detective..." Eriol chuckled as he saw how surprised Syaoran was looking. "Surprise, ne? You wanted excitement, ne? Being a detective is also very exciting... well at least from my point of view that is. You get to track down bad guys and stuff, save the town if you want to call that too... crime fighters" Eriol chuckled again as he assumed Syaoran was speechless. "Okay... let's go to your new home. Don't mind the place. It might not be THAT big as yours, but we're going to share my home for awhile if you like it or not. I'm no cold-hearted fool who's going to throw you outside" Eriol threw his arm around Syaoran's shoulder and flashed him one of his assuring smiles. "Being a detective seems cool... I'd never done those researching things before... Uhm... does anyone recognize me here?" Syaoran said softly and suddenly panicked.

"Nah... I'll have to cover you up with the name Hiiragizawa Ryou, you're my partner, roommate, cousin and friend from now on. And if anyone DOES recognize ya, face fault..." Eriol quickly chuckled when he saw Syaoran looked uncomfortably around. "Nah... they won't. If they DO... just say you resemble that 'Li Syaoran'. Besides almost everyone believe in the phrase that every one has a look-alike in the world or something. Cool, ne? Better hurry up! And I assume you're probably exhausted when you were on the plane" Syaoran nodded as Eriol practically dragged him towards Eriol's car, a black Toyota-marked beauty. "Say hello to Japan!" Eriol grinned as he stepped in his car, after putting away Syaoran's baggage. Eriol start the car and head towards the crowded city.

~*~*~*~*

"Madam Li! Master Li is GONE!!!!" The servant shouted as he began to wave frantically with the letter in his hand. Soon the news was spread. Master Li Syaoran was gone... but his family assumed that he was being kidnapped... kidnapped by someone who wanted a ransom in echange for their very important person. Rumors spread all across the whole country, eventuelly outside the country. The family Li were worrying about him and immediately ask for Police's help...

>.>.>.>.

End prologue

Notes:

[1] Since Syaoran came from Hong Kong, a place were they talk Cantonese, I wrote his name how you'll read it when it's Cantonese.
[2] A Cantonese form of calling "big sister" while the Mandarin form is just "Jie jie" [Pronounced as "Ji-ieh, Ji-ieh"]

Author's notes: Sooo? What do you think? Tell me! PLEASE! Onegai! It's my first CCS fanfic, so please tell me how it is.

=^^=cin