Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Hello Stranger ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Hello stranger 1
Author: Nekocin
E-mail: animecrush@sr.net
Type: AU
Warning: None yet... maybe some shounen-ai or something
Pairing: S+S, maybe E+T, or Touya+Yukito also... -_- still thinking about that.
Disclaimer: Card Captor Sakura belongs to CLAMP. NOT NELVANA *muttering* HOW DARE THEY!!? Anyways... CCS doesn't belong to me, none of the characters do, but this fanfic does XP

Author's note:
I've been pining for this to write ever since I've read a few VERY well-written CCS fanfics <Last Saturday 11-1-2003>. So here is it. My very first CCS fanfic. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

" ... " words spoken
// ... // thoughts

--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

*~*~*~*~Tuesday, Japan 8:30 AM, Keroberos police station [1] *~*~*~*~

A young attractive-looking officer with short brown hair and the most beautiful and kindest green eyes rushed into the police station, breathing heavily as she tried to get to work on time. She had a name tag and we're briefly introduced to officer Kinomoto Sakura. "OHAYO!" She shouted and pushed open the door. "Gomen nasai for being so late again, kachou! Gomen nasai! It will not happen again!" She said without looking up, because she was bowing apologetically. "Sakura-chan! Kachou hasn't arrived yet, he had an early call this morning so you're safe" A sweet voice called her and she quickly looked up. "Tomoyo-chan? Hontouni?... Yogata..." Sakura let out a sigh of relief and walked inside the room as the other officers peered at her walking towards her desk.

"I wonder what was so important that kachou left so early..." Officer Sasaki, the one with brown hair where her hair frames her face with some curls, wondered and passed Officer Kinomoto some files. "Really?..." "Yeah... 'the big guy' had called him over..." Officer Naoko, the one with the big glasses, said as she was scribbling a few notes on some paper works. "Did you know whenever the big leaders need to go to do something very important they'll end up being French-fried..." Officer Yamazaki, the only male officer who had his eyes close while holding up his index finger, cut in. But directly another officer with identical braids on either sides of her head quickly shove something in his mouth. "He's just lying..." she grinned as we see her name tag clearly: Mihara Chiharu.
"Hoe?" Sakura responded as the one called Tomoyo smiled.

The door was slammed open and everyone had almost jumped in the air, knocking their heads against the ceiling. "Everyone! We have a very important case here in THIS file!" The man said, obviously he was the kachou whom they were talking about........................................ >
Mr. Kinomoto Touya [2], officer Kinomoto Sakura's big brother. It might seem odd that big brother was hiring little sister, but kachou Kinomoto did this because then he can keep his eyes on her, trying to protect her whatever seem to harm her. Being the handsome, young chief at that police department, most of the female officers were swooning around him... trying to date him, that is. Sakura didn't like her brother for being so PERFECT in everything and most of the times Touya would tease her calling her 'kaijuu'. So it wasn't easy for her to get some assignments done because of her overprotective brother.

"What is it, onii-chan?" Sakura asked curiously and a deep pang came through Touya's sensitive heart. He looked sad at her and quickly covered up all his emotions. "Anyways... Last night... or so it was assumed... the well-known VIP from Hong Kong, new soon-to-be head of the Li clan, most well-known among Sword fighters and Martial artists... aa yadda yadda yadda... about those good things that VIP is, Li Syaoran... was kidnapped!" He said while rolling his eyes a few times when he tried to remember the great titles that Li Syaoran had, while noting that all his police officers were gaping at him. "How the...?" "Is there by any chance...?" Before any of them could finish their questions chief Kinomoto shook his head "No. Not a ransom note. Not a warning note. No eye witnesses just a suspicious-looking letter. That rich guy was out... Out where? I don't know where! But the inspector from Hong Kong asked us for support and gee... even Inspector Terada urged me to tell you all about this assignment..." Officer Sasaki slightly turned red when he mentioned inspector Terada, but no one except the chief seemed to notice her face.

"So who's on this assignment?" Officer Yamazaki asked. The chief's face fell and muttered "Everyone... Inspector Terada wanted everyone on this case. No matter what because some rich gaki has been kidnapped" Sakura gasped "Onii-chan! You know you mustn't talk like that" "How does he look like, kachou?" Officer Naoko said curiously. "We don't have a photo of that guy. Just a description on how he looked like" Chief Kinomoto mumbled and the others fell flat on their faces. "Not even a photo?" "How can we recognize him then?" "How is he so popular without any pictures of him in the magazines?" "Geez! If he was SO GREAT and Important why didn't his family have a picture of him... not even a single one" Chief Kinomoto quickly added. "Maybe he doesn't like being in pictures... or didn't even like the flashy things of those cameras..." Sakura shrugged, not knowing why that Li guy was SO IMPORTANT that everyone was on this case.

Everyone calmed down as they tried to digest all new info about the missing Li during Chief Kinomoto's explaining. "He's dark brown hair... puh, like most of us don't... " Everyone could tell chief was quite pissed, because this missing person was so important that he had to send Sakura on this assignment also. "... amber eyes... like a cat..." Touya commented a few times while Sakura glared at him and corrected "You know you shouldn't talk like that, onii-chan. What would otou-san say?" "Fine... fine... anyways. the Hong Kong police were checking their country, while they want us to check our country... geez, as if the kidnapper is going to be here also... hmmm, that's maybe a reason why. This kidnapper could go ANYWHERE since this kid is rich" At last after making a few bad comments about Li Syaoran Touya heaved a sigh and looked worried. Oblivious though all his officers in his station were scanning through the files of Li Syaoran.

*~*~*~*~ Tuesday, Japan, 9:00 AM, Hiiragizawa's house *~*~*~*~

"Are you sure these fit me? Are you sure your boss isn't going to be pissed if I'm not good at Japanese? Are you sure they won't find me here? Are you sure I can really hide here for as long as I can?" Syaoran asked continuously as he buttoned his new shirt. He wasn't used to wearing normal clothes like Eriol call them, but didn't want to be noticed among normal people. "Yes, these will fit you. We've the same sizes [3]. Don't worry about my chief getting pissed. I'd already told him you're from Taiwan. They won't find you here as long as you don't show your true identity to anyone. My house is the least suspected so don't worry. I'm your friend, am I not? and you wanted to go away from luxury for a while, right?" Eriol said calmly as he handed Syaoran his new jacket.

Syaoran suddenly froze as he felt a cold chill go through his spine. He shuddered as Eriol watched him react [4]. Eriol frowned "What's wrong? Cold? The heater isn't broken..." Syaoran shook his head quickly. "Nothing... it's not cold, it's fine... just..."
Eriol crossed his arms and then smirked. "Are you so superstitious?" The other raised an eyebrow "Huh?" "It seems like..." Eriol glanced at his newspaper under his arm pit. "Well, I guess your escape is now World Famous Incident. You're the headline here..." Eriol showed the startled Syaoran the front page. The other narrowed his eyes as he tried to translate the scribbled kanjis with katakana and hiragana. "So? Luckily I've damaged all cameras and photographer's video cameras that they can't even take a picture or a glance of me on film..." A smirk appeared.

Eriol shook his head and chuckled.
"I bet you fried them in your burning lava when anyone had taking a photo of you or taped you on film..."
"How did you know?" "Ha! You forgot writing THAT to me last year on your birthday? I can perfectly remember when you were so fuming up that you decided to blow up while being on-line, chatting all your anger away and letting a few info slip that you've fried their cameras..." "Oh... I forgot, it has been a long time, right?" "Yes, indeed. But now we're late for work. Oh boy, chief isn't going to like this... hey! Chotto matte... Chief never gets angry though... the other chief does" Eriol smirked when he noticed he said something wrong and pulled Syaoran along. "How many chiefs do we have now?" Syaoran tried to keep up with his friend. "One actually... Chief Tsukishiro. A very calm chief, he never gets angry. Then there is also Chief Kinomoto. He can spit fire if you know what I mean..." Eriol explained while he drove down the empty street.

*~*~*~*~ Tuesday, Japan, 9:10 AM, Back to Keroberos station *~*~*~*~

"Okay... everyone can leave the paper works here, Chief Tsukishiro and I will do it anyways, while you go check on one of these areas... " Touya said while pointing at a map. A lot of red areas were marked on this particular map and Touya used his hand to indicate. "Area A is under both officer Yanagisawa and officer Sasaki's care... Be sure to check everywhere... geesh, inspector Terada is really something to ask me to order everyone to look everywhere just to find that Li. How can we expect the kidnapper to leave that rich guy alive? Everyone is going to think that our officers are really acting dumb... puh, anyways..." Chief Kinomoto said while cutting in with a few of his personal comments. "Hoe?" came out of Sakura's mouth.

"Don't you think kachou don't like this assignment one bit?" Tomoyo whispered and Sakura went in a thinking pose. "Maybe all that stress work... nope, can't be. Yesterday he'd just went with Yukito-san... I mean Chief Tsukishiro to a college reunion... hmmm, maybe too much energy was drained out of his blood when he attended the party..." Sakura added with whispers, she was quickly startled when her brother's voice's volume rose. "SAKURA! And officer Daidouji are going to take area H. RIGHT HERE!" He emphasized 'right here' while peering a hole through the map on area H, making everyone in the room sweatdrop.

"H-hoeee..." came out Sakura's mouth.
She doesn't understand why chief was so upset about giving her this assignment. It wasn't the only one though, in the past few months Sakura had got a few assignments where she kept seeing her brother popping out of nowhere, like as if he's shadowing her. One may have been aware of this overprotective way of how a big brother was reacting when he sends his sister off in a very 'dangerous' case. But as Tomoyo noted, Sakura is just so clueless about Touya's overprotection.

There seems to be an intense moment going by as the chief was glaring at the area where Sakura must check. He glared at it as if it can get out of his sight if he's really fuming up or even he can 'hurt' or shred the darn places into pieces. "H-h-hoeee..." came out of Sakura's throat and the chief shot up. His eyes fixed on her, noting that a worried glance was showing through his intense-looking eyes, and Sakura felt she was really getting nervous. "Be careful. There might be perverts there! I just hope kaijuu isn't going to lose temper that she's going to eat them up... ALIVE" Touya said, trying to tease her and feeling a little awkward to just tease her at that kind of time. Nothing sound so teasing, only worries. The other officers glanced at their chief and then at Sakura, but as always she was getting angry. "SAKURA KAIJUU JANAI MON! [5]" Everyone sweatdropped while the old brother-teasing-sister routine is at it again.

*~*~*~*~ Tuesday, Japan 9:20 AM, Spinel Sun police station [6] *~*~*~*~

Eriol and Syaoran came bursting in the discussion room. "OHAYO!" both of them huffed as the other officers looked at them. The officer who was standing in front, wearing the big glasses which oddly suited him, smiled warmly. The name tag said: Tsukishiro Yukito. "Ohayo, officer Hiiragizawa..." "We're... huhuhu... sorry...ii... huhuhu... for being late...puhuhu..." Eriol huffed as he quickly made an apologizing bow, pulling secretly on Syaoran's sleeve also. Syaoran got the hint an quickly did the same. "Aa... this must be your cousin, ne Hiiragizawa-kun?" Eriol looked up and nodded with a calm smile. "Yes, kachou... my cousin from Taiwan... he doesn't know a lot of Japanese though, but he can understand a bit..." Eriol motioned while introducing Syaoran as Hiiragizawa Ryou.
'Welcome then, Ryou-kun. Eriol-kun would you mind switching partners then? I mean your cousin might not feel so comfortable so quickly with strangers..." Chief Tsukishiro smiled warmly. "You can take your place now... I was just discussing about checking all areas if there were any sign of the well-known head of the Li clan from Hong Kong Li Syaoran..." Syaoran swallowed hard at the mention of his name and Eriol pulled on his sleeve to follow him.

"Do you think you can handle this, Ryou-kun?" It took a moment for Syaoran to realize that the chief was talking to him. "Huh?... Is it hard...?" He blurted out nervously. "Don't worry, first time is really very scary, but you'll get over it. Anyways, Hiiragizawa-kun, both of you, can take area M. Chief Kinomoto had already send all his available officers to all the green areas..." chief Tsukishiro explained. Syaoran noticed the large green-colored areas on the map, while the blue parts were supposed to be the Spinel Sun's officer's areas to check he supposed. But being inexperience with these police work, Eriol just gave him a reassuring smile as if he wanted to say: Don't worry. I'm here to help you. [7] Ryou just stared blankly at what chief Tsukishiro was indicating with his hand to a blue area for the other officers to check on. "Any questions?" Chief Tsukishiro said at last. "Yes, sir!" A hand was raised and everyone turned to look at Eriol. "Yes, Hiiragizawa-kun?"
"Why is everyone assigned on this case?" "Good question. Inspector Terada insisted all available police stations to go search for Li Syaoran. The Hong Kong police had asked him to search whole Japan. Although it's quite strange why everyone has to..." "But who will do all our paper works? We aren't done yet." "Both Chief Kinomoto and I volunteered to work together doing all your paper works..."

*** flashback begins***

"What about the paper works?" Chief Kinomoto shouted and Inspector Terada doesn't seemed to be affected by that. "I know... while sending our officers to check whole Japan, why don't we help them with some of their paper works together?" Chief Tsukishiro suggested and Inspector Terada didn't show any reaction. "What? All that work? You've got to be kidding, Chief Yuki [8]" "It's not bad though, Chief To-ya [8]. We can still help each other with each others paper works, right?" "Sounds good" Their eyes fell on Inspector Terada's thoughtful expression as he clasped his fingers in front of his mouth. "Sounds good. Working together if your officers don't mind... Tomorrow you'll get a map of which areas your officers will check on..." Inspector Terada said. "Oh... yes, sir!" Chief Kinomoto said as he stared at Chief Tsukishiro's smile.

*** flashback ends ***

"I see... Chief Kinomoto must be so vulnerable to do that, huh chief?" Eriol just couldn't believe his ears. The hot-tempered chief from Keroberos station volunteered to help their paper works along with his officers' works too. //and I thought he was so mean! He was so pushy// Eriol thought exasperate.
"Yes... isn't he just so great?" chief Tsukishiro commented, nobody noticed that he sounded so wistful. "Okay! you all know what to do, right?! Now make it the best out of it. Good luck and be careful..." "Yes, sir!" The officers said simultaneously while Ryou glanced around with curiosity. The officers were leaving the room one by one. "Come on... let's go..." Eriol whispered while pulling on Ryou's sleeve again. "Will you stop pulling these sleeves?" Ryou glared at Eriol, who just smiled calmly. "Okay... okay... now let's go. Our case is trying to find you..." Eriol said in a soft tone and Ryou's face paled. "Don't worry... we just have to pretend, okay?" Eriol chuckled and pushed his email friend out of the room.
Chief Tsukishiro were watching them going out and smiled. "At least I've get time to spend with overprotective To-ya"

>.>.>.>.

End chapter 1

Notes:

[1] Hehehehe... just imagine. a lot of Kero-chan cuddly toy badges, name tags and lots of weird Kero-chan cars. Aren't they cute? Don't you think? Cuddly toy like badges and hats XP
Kero-chan *shouting*: OI! WHAT DID YA SAY? DID YOU JUST CALL ME A CUDDLY TOY??
Nekocin *looking innocently*: Nothing... no, I did not.
Kero-chan *glaring*: I'll keep my eye on this fic of yours and YOU too. *muttering under his breath* If you try anything funny...
Nekocin *ignoring comment*: Good, than you can be cute all the way... *surprises him with cake* Here!
Kero-chan *O_O*: WAAAI! Cake! Cake! Cake!
Nekocin *sweatdrop*: Never should have given him the offer of playing a 'role' here.
[2] Hehehehe... Gotcha! Thought that I was going to put Terada-sensei, ne?
[3] No NOT THAT! The clothes! The pants! That's what he meant.
[4] Because Touya talked about him behind his back *grin*
[5] I think it means "I AM NOT A MONSTER!". I'm not specifically sure.
[6] Same here for Suppi-chan @_@ what would the world be with all those cute animal mascots on your clothes?
Spinel Sun *glaring*: Who's Suppi-chan? Are you referring to me?
Nekocin *grinning*: Of course, SUPPII-CHAN!
Spinel Sun *shuddering*: Don't squeal like Ruby Moon. It creeps me out.
Ruby moon *popping out of nowhere*: Did I just heard my name being called?
Spinel Sun *turning away*: No.
Ruby moon: Aw, come on, SUPPII-CHAN...
Spinel Sun *acting dumb*: Who's this Suppi-chan?
Ruby moon *pointing at him*: You, silly...
Nekocin -_-': It's going to be a long argument...
[7] From now on, if I'm going to refer to Syaoran it will be Ryou. Later if he's going to be revealed I'll go back to his real name, okay?
[8] Isn't that cute? I used their nicknames... =^.^'=

Author's notes:
This idea had been bugging me for awhile after the prologue... please tell me what do you think?

=^.^= cin