Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Hello Stranger ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Hello stranger 2
Authoress: Nekocin
E-mail: animecrush@sr.net
Type: AU
Warning: None yet..., just a little jumping around
Pairing: -_- still thinking about that but not in here.
Disclaimer: Card Captor Sakura belongs to CLAMP. NOT NELVANA *muttering* HOW DARE THEY!!? Anyways... CCS doesn't belong to me, none of the characters do, but this fanfic does XP

Author's note:
The last few weeks I've forgotten why I've wanted to write this fic ^-^', bad huh? I hope I didn't really torture anyone without updating again ^-^' which I don't think so that I did torture. Beware of the jumping around scenes or whatever they're called ^-^'
::cracks knuckles:: Here goes nothing ::fingers ready on the keyboard::

" ... " words spoken
// ... // thoughts
< ... > character current state or just a thought

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

*~*~*~*~ 10:20 AM, Keroberos station *~*~*~*~

Chief Kinomoto was crumpling a few papers while looking rather pissed at the pile of paper works on his desk. //Ugh... I'm never going to volunteer again, doing all this work...// he thought wearily and sighed deeply. //She's just gone for a few minutes... she's fine... she's alright...// He began to scribble in the papers, not quite understanding his own handwriting when he heard a soft knock. "Come in... AAARGH!" He fussed his hair while correcting something he'd written.

"To-ya? Uh... I couldn't come here as fast as I could. I'm sorry..." the one at the door said softly. Chief Kinomoto looked up, looking dazed and surprised at the other chief. He was quite hidden behind a BIG pile of paper works, you can hardly see his face.
"Yuki! It's alright... you know you shouldn't be carrying all those paper works up here without me helping you around..." chief Kinomoto said quickly while taking some paper works from the top, revealing the big warm eyes and the glasses. "Thanks for your concern..."

*~*~*~*~ somewhere around in town, place H *~*~*~*~

"We should be around area H..." agent Tomoyo said while looking at a map. "Now that we're around H, why are we here again?" agent Sakura said. She was behind the wheel while Tomoyo gave the directions by following the map. "I've to agree with what chief said about this 'weird' case. Where should we start searching for this Li person? He could be anywhere... or anyone..." Tomoyo said, folding the map and putting it away. "... and onii-chan was very angry when everyone was stationed in town from this day on" agent Sakura added.

"Now we don't have to work on those papers. Onii-chan will do it for us, he's smart and good at those essay stuff so he has no problems with the reports" Sakura sniggered. "And it's good that Chief Tsukishiro volunteered to help with the paper works or else chief would be writing a lot of nonsense on our papers" Agent Tomoyo chuckled along.

<A very overworked-looking chief Kinomoto was scribbling a lot of notes on the papers while complaining. "AARGH... no time... no time... got to finish this..." The chief's tie was carelessly loosened while the first few buttons on his uniform were unbuttoned. The telephone rang noisily through his office and chief Tsukishiro stood up to answer the phone. "Hello... Keroberos police station..."

Chief Touya scratches his head, fussing his combed hair and threw down the papers which were finished on the floor where the other finished paper works were. "What did I do to deserve this?" Chief Kinomoto muttered and went on scribbling like mad on the next paper. "Yes... that's the street... yes... just go right ahead... area H would be just around that corner... yes.." Chief Tsukishiro answered.

"AREA H??!!!!" Chief Kinomoto shouted as his eyes widened. "WHO'S ON THE PHONE!!?" Chief Tsukishiro looked confused at the other chief and smiled. "Just one of my officers, To-ya..." Chief Kinomoto looked away and sighed. "Oh..." "Have you ever heard of..." Chief Tsukishiro chuckled. Chief Kinomoto took his pen again and muttered a quiet "Shut up" before chief Tsukishiro could finish his line. Chief Tsukishiro chuckled and stared at the floor. "Oh... no it's nothing..." Chief Tsukishiro answered the question which the person on the other side of the line might had asked.>

"Are you sure you know Eriol-kun wouldn't be around here..." Sakura teased while she looked at her friend from the corner of her eyes. Tomoyo gasped and clung on to her report card. "Yes, very sure..." "I thought he and some new agent were going to take area K. Isn't it just around area H too?" Sakura smiled as she looked at her nervous-looking partner. "How did you know?" Tomoyo managed to say it out loud as she clung on to her seat belt.

"Well... it's written on your report, remember?" Sakura pointed at Tomoyo's report card. Tomoyo looked at what Sakura was pointing at. Something red was written on her report card, big enough to see from Sakura's side: Hiiragizawa-kun and his new partner, area K. //Oh... I forgot, I wrote that just in case... now she thinks I'm after Hiiragizawa-kun// Tomoyo blushed and hid her report card. "I just... SAKURA-CHAN WATCH OUT"

Tomoyo's eyes shot up when her eyes were on the road. "Hoe, what?" Sakura panicked. She quickly hit the brakes. Car tires screeched and luckily the car came to a stop. A young mother was just crossing the street with her baby cart and Sakura didn't notice her when both she and Tomoyo were talking. The woman's eyes widened in shock and her face paled that she let go of the handle of the baby cart. Although the car wasn't really racing madly down the street it would have shocked anyone else too in matter of fact.

"Oof... that was close..." Sakura heaved a sigh of relief. Both Tomoyo and Sakura had almost hit their foreheads when the car came to a quick stop. "Madam... are you alright?" Tomoyo got out of the car and rushed forward to the pale-looking woman. "We're awfully sorry... are you..." Tomoyo tried to comfort the lady, who was breathing heavily and clutching the front of her blouse as if she'd just a heart attack. "I'm so sorry... madam... I didn't see you..." Sakura rushed forward and bowed apologetically. "Wha... what... huhuhu... wha... huhuhu just happened...?" came out of the woman's mouth, her face was still paled and her fingers clutched on to Tomoyo's arms.

"Hoeeee...!!! Where is the baby cart?!!" Sakura panicked and looked frantically at every directions. "...My... baby..." the lady managed to say in a whisper and collapsed in Tomoyo's arms when she tried to help her walk. "What's wrong?!!"
"She just fainted... Madam? Madam? Are you alright?! Speak to me!!!" Tomoyo panicked along. "There it is!!" Sakura spotted the baby cart strolling down the other side of the street.

//Why isn't the baby crying?// It was quite odd that the baby cart was running down the street at full speed and she didn't hear any frantic baby cries for his or her mother. She shrugged it off, maybe the baby was asleep as she tried to speed up. //Ugh...now I've to make him pay for what is going on here, I can't even run as fast as I usually do...//
<"You'll wear shoes like any proper ladies will do... this is a good way to slow kaijuu down whenever kaijuu wants to throttle her preys while you're chasing them down a corner" Touya said while crossing his arms with a satisfying or was it a teasing smirk plastered on his face. "I'M NOT A MONSTER, YOU BIG BONEHEAD!!!" Sakura shouted angrily as she raised an angry fist up. "Nope, not a bonehead... I'm Mr. Dracula to you..." "Why you..." Sakura stomped on Touya's feet.>

//Ah... it's heading for the main street!!// A busy main street was at sight and the baby cart was ready for being knocked over by passing cars. The cars were almost racing their way down the street as they honked more than once. The traffic was such a hell nowadays around 10 o'clock. //Maybe they were late for work// Sakura thought as she remembered herself being late for work also.
"Sakura-chan!!" Tomoyo was following Sakura after leaving the fainted woman behind in the car. "Be careful!!"

Sakura was still running after the baby cart and tried to grab the handle of the baby cart. She gasped a few times when her hands slipped and the baby cart kept rolling faster towards the main street. //Just a little more... just a little more... noooo... no... just a little more... ugh... onii-chan, tell me to wear my gym shoes next time when I'm on a chasing case or something... nooo... just a little more...// Sakura panicked inwardly and gasped when the cart really did reach the main streets. "SAKURA-CHAN!!!" she can hear Tomoyo shouting from behind her.

"Wha..." the drivers quickly turned their wheels around, trying not to hit the baby cart. They honked loudly as Sakura tried to pass through the street. She tried a few times to cross the street or try to follow the baby cart's pace. //Oh gosh, oh gosh... I'm going to die... I'm going to die...// she panicked inwardly.// No way!! Where the heck did those thoughts come from? "SAKURA-CHAN, WATCH OUT!!!" Tomoyo screamed.

Sakura looked at the baby cart which was being avoided by a lot of angry drivers and she ran over to the baby cart. A car headed towards her, which was about to run over her when suddenly... she jumped on the car's front, shocking both the driver and his passenger and she pushed herself over to the baby cart [1]. "SAKURA-CHAN!!!" Cars were honking loudly and they tried to avoid running over the unwanted passer by.

"Gotcha!!" Sakura managed to push the baby cart to the pavement where it was safe. She landed on her right arm and rolled over the pavement till she got to a stop. Sakura huffed as she smiled victoriously at the fallen baby cart. "Are you alright?..." the pedestrians asked while they were surrounding her. Her sweat was trickling down her face and she wiped it away with her sleeve. "Gosh, onii-chan have to give me a different uniform next time..." Sakura chuckled between gasps. "SAKURA-CHAN!!" she could hear Tomoyo calling from the other side of the road. "Nothing to see... nothing to see. Don't worry... you can run along now... Sakura-san, are you alright?" A deep voice caught her off guard and she looked up at the speaker. "Hoe?"

*~*~*~*~ in Eriol's car *~*~*~*~

"Are you sure this is the place, Ryou-kun? This seems to be the main street or something..." agent Eriol was driving the car while he let Ryou give the directions. "Yea... I think so. That's what this map says so... area K is just around the corner... just what that chief of yours had said..." Ryou said as he narrowed his eyes, trying to read the little scribbled kanji on the map. "Oh yes... there is that area H, chief Tsukishiro was talking about..." Eriol smiled and head down the busy main street.
"Searching for me is such a stupid act..." Ryou commented as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Yeah, I know, but we should be hiding that Li Syaoran, isn't it what you want? You wanted to act a bit normal like anyone here, right? So just play along with our little hiding game..." Eriol assured him. "But what if someone recognize me..." Ryou sounded worried as he played with his fingers.

"Aa... then that is IF they recognize you... all the police files don't have photos of you on their records. IF your mother can sense your presence around Japan and IF she sends someone to find you here who would most likely notice or recognize you... than... I don't know... then you'll be in deep shit or something..." Eriol said, while keeping his eyes on the road. He could feel Ryou's eyes narrowing and staring intensely at him. "Yea, I know... than I've to make the best out of this short little hiding game..." Ryou shrugged and went on trying to translate the little kanji scribbles on the map.

"Who's the one yelling again?" Ryou asked as he turned the map around a few times just to check if he didn't look at the up-side-down version of the map. "Oh... that was chief Kinomoto from Keroberos police station. He's a very good friend of Chief Tsukishiro and my ever-so-protective neighbour from a few blocks away" Eriol sniggered as he tried not to mingle along with the racing cars.

"Oh... how so protective? You're after his girlfriend?!! HOW COULD YOU!!?" Ryou narrowed his eyes as he looked at his so-called cousin with the pair of glasses and dark blue hair. "I remember you talking about a certain someone... but I forgot how she really looks like or something... and also that she was in love with someone else and..." "No... she's not whom I was talking about..." Eriol cut in quickly. Ryou chuckled as he watched how red Eriol became from the corners of his eyes. "He's very protective when it comes to his sister..."

"Oh... than what's with the whole deal of the girlfriend thing anyway...?" Ryou sighed exasperate. "I'm not the one who came up with that, you're the one!" Eriol cut in. "Hmmm, you're right. But you're the Romeo around here. Isn't that what you wrote last month or something like that?" Ryou teased as he narrowed his eyes again while staring at his so-called cousin. Eriol waved the question away and chuckled. "Stop being such a jealous old maid..." "I am not a woman! And definitely not a jealous one" Ryou shot back and Eriol chuckled again. "Yeah yeah, sure sure..." Eriol ignored Ryou's intense glare.

"Shouldn't you be giving each of them a ticket for racing down this street?" Ryou asked as he looked at the cars passing them. "Not really... this is the main street, speed limit is just around 50km per hour so there's no use keeping them in a normal pace" Eriol shrugged and kept his eyes on the road. "Look a baby cart!!" Ryou shouted and pointed at the baby cart which was strolling down the street in front of a few racing cars in front of them.

"Wha... what is a baby cart doing around here?!! Where's the mother?!!" Eriol narrowed his eyes as he kept his eyes on the baby cart, hoping that the baby cart will stroll down to the pavement safely without being hit by any of those racing cars. "SAKURA-CHAN! WATCH OUT!" came the scream from out of nowhere.
"WATCH OUT!" Ryou shouted. "Huh?" Eriol's eyes were back on the road when... someone jumped on his car and pushed herself towards the baby cart with a high landing. "WHA..." Ryou's face paled as did Eriol's face.

"SAKURA-CHAN!!" came another scream. Eriol was breathing heavily as he looked around. Cars tires were screeching and honks were being used continuously. Ryou's face wasn't any better as his as he looked at the pavement where the baby cart and that someone had landed. His mind tried to register every little thing which had happened just a few minutes ago and his eyes widened. "Oh no..." He parked the car next to the pavement and rushed out towards the fallen lady.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Ryou panicked as he felt his sweat trickling down his face. //Must be that shock I just had...// He quickly wiped it away with his sleeve and rushed after his friend. The pedestrians were surrounding someone on the pavement as she was panting and gasping for fresh air. //I hope he didn't really hit her or something... but then again... it would be impossible since anyone who's run over by a car should be under the car not thrown away on to the pavement...//

He noticed it was another one of those Japanese police officers, because of her blue uniform and she was glancing victoriously at the fallen baby cart. "Nothing to see... nothing to see... Don't worry... you can run along now..." Ryou watched as Eriol tried to pass through the the crowd of pedestrians, which were surrounding the lady. "Sakura-san, are you alright?" He heard his friend's deep voice with hints of concern and he stared at his friend who was crouched in front of the lady.

A pair of beautiful green eyes shot open and looked at his so-called cousin [2]. She panted and managed to smile at Eriol. "Eriol-kun... nice seeing you here..." "Silly, you could have gotten yourself hurt..." Eriol managed to smile at her. Ryou stared at them for a while, confused who the officer was and what kind of relationship both of them shared. "SAKURA-CHAN!!"

*~*~*~*~

Tomoyo watched in horror as Sakura jumped on a car and push the baby cart away. "SAKURA-CHAN!!" She looked around for a bridge and spotted one just at her right. She ran up the stairs and almost bumped into an old lady as she was heading to the other side of the bridge. Tomoyo looked a few times at Sakura, who was being surrounded by a few pedestrians and saw as she glanced over at the fallen baby cart. "SAKURA-CHAN!" she called out and rushed down the stairs.

"Tomoyo-chan?..." Sakura cocked an eye brow, now that she was sitting up on the pavement thanks to some help from Eriol. Tomoyo crashed near Sakura and she quickly pulled Sakura's arms forward to check if she had any injuries. "Are you alright? Are you hurt? Did you hit something hard? Where are those wounds? Are you sure you're not hit?" Tomoyo blurted out and checked Sakura's face and limbs. Sakura sweatdropped and smiled. "Yes... I'm sure... stop being so worried...I'm fine... see, no wounds, no blood." Tomoyo heaved a sigh of relief and smiled.

"Tomoyo-san..." Tomoyo's eyes widened and turned around to the speaker. "Eriol-kun... what are you doing here?" she said, confusion written on her eyes. "Just heading towards our area... what were you two doing actually?" Eriol asked as he looked at both officers.
"We were also heading to our area when I'd almost run over a lady and her baby. She was shocked and the baby cart was strolling down towards this street and so I tried to stop it and couldn't. Since I'm wearing these shoes, I can't run as fast as I always do and I'd to cross the street one way or the other and thus have to push my way through and I landed on this pavement and now that... speaking of shoes, my feet hurt... " Sakura blurted out and took off her shoes.

"What happened to the cart? Is the baby alright" Tomoyo asked quickly, Sakura looked over to her side. Eriol frowned and looked at the fallen baby cart. Ryou was kneeling next to the baby cart and took out a wrapped doll. "You were tricked..." he said as he flung the doll into the waste basket. "WHAT?!!!" Both Tomoyo and Sakura cut in. "Seems like it too..." Eriol said and shook everything out of the baby cart. A few blankets, an envelope and a fake baby bottle.

Sakura's eyes widened as she looked at the envelope:

April fool, you fool >:D

Yours: XP

"I DID ALL THAT RUNNING FOR NOTHING? OH, THAT WOMAN IS GOING TO PAY!!" Sakura was fuming and stalked away towards the nearby bridge while taking off her shoes. "Sakura-chan! Wait up!!" Tomoyo rushed to her friends' side and she gasped. "Oh no... I left her in our car..." Sakura's eyes widened again and they both ran over the bridge.
"Who are they?" Ryou asked while he stood next to his friend, who was busy watching the officers run over the bridge. "Let's go check!" Eriol said and pulled his so-called cousin along, over the bridge. "Wha... hey! Wait up!!" Ryou tried to keep up with his friend as they ran down the stairs.

>.>.>.>.

End chapter 2

Author's notes:

1: Uhm... action with stunt? ^-^*sweatdrop*. I know that was a really bad move, but then again... she's athletic.
2: No way I'm going to make them fall again for 'love at first sight' like most people think. I don't like rushing into some relationships, so this is most likely just a look not THAT look.

The Burning One: Well... since Burning was the first one to review this fic -_-' whether because we're friends or something else I'll to finish this fic. But hey!! You even send two. THANK YOU!! Uhm... I didn't remove your review, you just had to refresh the page or something ^-^. <January 25>

Carter Tachikawa: Hey! Thanks for the review, I've just noticed it. ^-^ Hope you'll like this one too. I'm not really in the mood to write this one actually... but these nagging feelings keep on hitting me with their invisible mallets ^-^'. <February 02>

tesuka-chan: *gasp* tesuka-chan? You've checked it so soon? Thanks for the info. *sweatdrop* yeah, I know. It's quite strange why a VIP doesn't have a picture somewhere or anywhere maybe a baby picture will do. I couldn't sort the right things out and stuff... they shouldn't recognize him till somewhere in the middle of the story.
;_; I know that I'm such a bad description writer. That's why I've a hard time expressing myself through my stories.
Nah... I don't hold grudges on readers ^_^ good to have people around here other than my sister to read my stories. <February 13>

Aileen: -_-', well... I screwed up, huh >_<? Very bad, since I like History. I like my History teacher. ::sighs:: Anyways, Syaoran is from Hong Kong. That thing about Taiwan was just made up and in Hong Kong you can take Japanese classes... but I think I made him look as if he knows just the basic Japanese stuff ^-^'. About your Mandarin question... well... A little actually. My father had sent me to Chinese school when I was in 2nd grade, because he wanted me to be educated around the Chinese especially reading the newspaper. At first I was thrilled to learn this language, but later on I lost the need of learning this language since I hated doing essays and learn all those lessons by heart >_< [you've to stand in front of class and repeat the lessons without any wrong pronunciations and misspelled words. Just the EXACT words, no wandering around. Just for example read a chapter whatever chapter you like, learn it by heart. Close the book and then start repeating the whole chapter every single word without any errors. Just like that.]
^-^ Now you're talking about Spanish? ::beams:: ¡Hola! ¿Cómo estás ústed? Estoy bien. Hablo un poco Español. ^-^', I'm just in 3rd stage and I love my Spanish teacher. She surprises us after exams with a lot of cool surveys ^-^. <February 24>


Oookay... o_O I've to stop torturing everyone with these long notes ^-^', I'll try to work on next chapter since this chapter isn't much of a nice excuse for leaving so soon or for not updating ^_^'. I'm very sorry for being so late and the looong scenes.


=^.^=cin