Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Hong Kong Fooey! ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hong Kong Fooey~Chapter 8

Disclaimer~ Same old, same old. O_o

Author's note~ ^_^ ~ 4/15/01 story written by ~ blue_tuna27 ^-^ Konnichiwaaaaa!!!! Happy Easter!! Yesterday was my birthday, too! I'm 14!!!! Like any body who's reading this cares... heh heh ... Do you people like long chapters? Well when I read fan fics, I usually do, but that's just me. Well, this seems to be a long chapter, longer than the rest. I don't like cliff hangers or putting them in, but sometimes I have to... ;_; Oh well... Gomen nasai, for all the mistakes and all of the confusement!!!! I'm very sorry! I hope all of you CCS, S+S fans, or what ever fans like this chapter!! Here goes!! Hey wait!! Be sure to review if you have the aspect to do so! I will respond to you, if I could, if you reviewed. I love all of the reviews ( Well maybe not... but they make me learn more!!!! Make mean comments if you want to. Beware of my crying, though (even though you can't hear it or see me cry). I'm pretty emotional when it comes to a mean review, but still, it makes me learn!) heh heh hehehehe Arigato to all of you who are R&R'ing my story!!! Again, here goes with the on-going series~ Hong Kong Fooey!!

Japanese words~ Um, I thought I should put some here for the translations~

Darre~ Who
Doushite~ Why
Nani~ What
Ohayo gazaimasu~ Good morning, for short~ Ohayo
Hai~ Yes
Iie~ No
Ashiteru~ I love you
Douzo~ Please
Baka~ idiot
Gaki~ brat
Daijobu~ Okay, it's all right
Daijobu desu wa~ Are you okay, are you all right
Etchi~ pervert
Gomen nasai~ sorry, excuse me for short~ Gomen
Nandemonai~ it's nothing!
Moshi moshi~ a friendly hello for when answering the phone
In Chinese~ Wo ai ni~ I love you
___________________________________________________________________ ___________________

Chapter 8

In the offered guest room of Syaoran's apartment, Sakura laid in the guest room's bed, eyes opened. She gazed around here and there, trying to get to sleep. The guest room had lime green wall paper with white stripes. Matching the wall paper, the windows had green curtains that are on each side of the windows. There was a window on the east side of the room and another at the north side of the room. She was lying on a lime green mattress with sheets that match the colors of the wall paper, which also matched the pillow cover.

Meilin have given Sakura pajamas to wear for the night. They were pajamas from Hong Kong, a possession of Meilin's. It sort of matched the bed covers, along with the whole room. The blouse was white and long sleeved, made of silk. Matched with the blouse, the pants went down half passed her knees. Pale and barely shown were the light green flowers on the Chinese outfit. At the collar were three latch looking things with button to string latched to the other button.

Sakura, with her hands over the covers, thought on and on about today. She figured out that 'The Power' has been wasted away from her right before Famai came.

'A...Ano, Ashiteru... Did he really meant that? Doushite? Doushite can't I say it to him? Doushite can't I say it, too? I once had a feeling we've done this before...' Sakura thought deeply while her eyes turned watery. From the twilight of night, her eyes drooped down...
_______________________________________________________________ _______________________

"Iie, you can't! Douzo, douzo, don't do this! I love..." Sakura shouted with tremendous rage. She struggled to get away from Kamauin's embrace.

Sakura could see Famai watching this, smiling lazily. He had a dagger in his hand, that is silvery white and shining bright against the darkness. That caught her eyes.

"I will give you one more chance... If you endearly love some body else, I can't take you for my power, since your love is what makes the barrier. I would just torture you... But if you love that disgusting imbecile, I would have to kill you! I'd be the powerfullest and your power would never stop me!" Kamauin shouted with coldness behind it and with full of greed.

Famai smirked and walked closer. He then asked casually, handing out the shimmering dagger, "Do you want to use this now?"

Sakura had tears welling out of her eyes and noticed that she had the same dress from the dream she had before. Then she could clearly see her unbearable position. She was tied up onto some cold ground, while Kamauin's head is right in front of hers. He was kneeling down next to her after he tied her up from embracing, with his hand to her soft cheek.

Kamauin ignored Famai. He seemed to be upset, because he knows that he couldn't have Sakura's power. But he knows that Sakura would be willing to love him in order not to die by saying those lovely words to him. Kamauin smiled at the thought and took the brilliant dagger from Famai's hand.

Then Sakura could hear weird voices, that seemed to be from people. They seem to be really close enough to watch this moment of horror. Sakura then could see them more clearly. It seemed to be that they're all tied up, even Yue and Cerobus. 'Darre? Darre are they?' Sakura thought, but knew that she seen them before. She turned her head to the other person next to her on the cold ground, and sees Eriol next to her, dead. 'Darre?' Sakura questioned to her self.

"Nani wa all this?!" Sakura yelled on spite of her lungs.

"Your destiny..." Kamauin whispered while Famai played with his pony tail.

Kamauin bent down further and kissed her lips passionately. Then Sakura sees Syaoran out in the clearing and found out that he was on some wall, all tied up and wounded, but awake. Syaoran turned out to be disgusted with tears coming from the corners of his eyes. Sakura never seen him crying before. It made her cry even more. She wanted to reach out her hand to his face, but she couldn't. At this moment, Sakura spitted during the kiss, at Kamauin's face, but he just brushed it off afterwards.

"Heh... So, who do you endearly and truly love, Syaoran or me? Say it!" Kamauin yelled, standing up and holding the dagger in a striking position.

Sakura looked at him and her eyes closed. This made her look like an angel, bright and pale as a feather. She finally whispered in a faint whisper, "Syaoran..."

Kamauin frowned and casually dropped the dagger over her body from up in the air. She still laid there motionless, waiting for her life to end with out remember anything... The shimmering dagger spinned and pierced through Sakura's abdominal area. Blood spurted and reached to Syaoran's face. He couldn't believe this happening.

"Iiiieeee! Sakura! Doushite?! Sakura! Don't go! Douzo... Sakura... Sakura..." Syaoran yelled in rage. It seems that he's the only one awake to see all this from his own eyes, but Kamauin and Famai ignored him. Silence came after Kamauin dropped the dagger. They just stood there watching Sakura's motionless body.

Then to Syaoran's, Kamauin's, and Famai's surprise, Sakura opened her eyes of angelic emeralds that showed purity, filled with tears. All of the Clow cards and the ultimate ones; that has been disenigrated by Kamauin, all came before her in circles. There is still one more ultimate card left. But Sakura couldn't see clearly all the pictures of the cards.

She, with out noticing, faintly whispered, "Wo ai ni, Syaoran-kun, a... ano, Wo ai ni..."

Then an extremely bright light occurred...
___________________________________________________________ ___________________________

Sakura sat up in the bed, waking up at that very minute. She put her hand to her forehead and noticed she have been wet from crying and sweating. Then for some reason she put another hand to her stomach. Blood. Her eyes widened and she stood up from the bed, wobbling to get to the next room as soon as possible before she passes out. 'Was I striked from the dream? Same place in the stomach area... How could this be...?' Sakura thought deeply, frowning at the pain.

Then before her, she sees three Clow cards lined up before her feet. 'The Libra', 'The Dream', and 'The Mirror' shimmered in the dark room and as Sakura read them, they flew to the pile of the other four Clow cards on the top of the tea table. She watched this and wondered if the dream sequence will happen in the future. Sakura went to the tea table, grasping her wound, and picked up the Clow cards and put them in her blouse. 'Some place to put them... Demo, I don't have any pockets or a bag to put them in. Am I being over protective? Oh well..." she thought and blushed as she went to the guest room's door. Syaoran's room is next door.

Sakura turned the door knob and went out of the guest room. She walked a few paces and found her self in front of Syaoran's door. Blood then swelled from her abdominal area. Leaning against the door, she gasps for air.

Then someone opened the door. It happens to be Syaoran in a white muscle shirt and long shorts, that are dark green.

"Nani?! Sakura?" Syaoran gasped, unexpecting Sakura at the door. He had the right sense of some one at the door, so he went and opened it. Sakura fainted before he noticed that she was there. She tugged on to his shirt and Syaoran supported her, preventing her from falling. His arms were around her waist and her head laid against his chest.

"Sakura!" Syaoran yelled, closing his bed room door behind him.

Sakura tugged on tightly and Syaoran blushed from not knowing what to do. Anywise, he hugged her tightly and brushed his cheek against her soft hair gently.

"Sakura..." he whispered into her ear. Sakura didn't stir, but her breathing is still there, soft and quiet; she looked so gentle and angelic.

He yawned and turned dot-eyed; aware of awaking Sakura from yawning. But still, she didn't stir. Against the darkness of night, her face is calm and pale; with slightly pink cheeks. Syaoran sat down on his bed, still with Sakura in his arms. He blushed again and yawned. To keep away from attempting to sleep along with Sakura, he hugged her more tightly. While doing this, Sakura, to Syaoran's own surprise, cringed.

"Nani?!" Syaoran gasped and pulled her away from him. He then sees blood swelling from throughout Sakura's pajama blouse around her abdominal area. Shown bright in his fiery brown eyes, he looked observantly to the blood.

"Syaoran-kun...?" Sakura faintly whispered. Her eyes finally opened.

"Sakura, daijoubu desu wa?" Syaoran asked with full of concern.

"Hai, daijoubu!" Sakura replied and smiled afterwards. She tried to hide her pain away from Syaoran's concern.

Syaoran glared at her and simply grumbled,"Hmph."

He gently laid her down on his bed and went out of his bed room in a rush. Sakura's eyes widened. 'He seems to know me a whole lot... Why is he doing all this for me? I haven't done anything or answered him yet...' Sakura thought. Sakura blushed to crimson from noticing that she is lying down on Syaoran's bed and his soft pillow. It smelt good.

All of the sudden, Sakura sees a pale green ribbon and a pink bear. Some image appeared in her mind, unexpectedly and unusual for her. She sees her self as a girl in the age of eleven running while someone else is in a traveling bus to the air port. This person seems to be very important to her. She was holding out her teddy bear, that is pink with white wings to him, while he was holding out his hand to take it. Then the kawaii girl cried with tears sparkling behind her as she ran with the bus, which was leaving.

The little boy yelled to the little Sakura from the opened bus window,"Hajimemashite, Syaoran bear desu, douzo yoroshiko!" (I am glad I meet you, from the Syaoran bear, please remember me!) *(I think that's how it goes ^_^ )* "I will Syaoran-kun!" Sakura yelled. The image faded away...

Sakura opened her eyes and noticed tears were streaking across her face. 'What happened to my Syaoran bear, though? Did that really happened when I was of that age? I don't remember... Doushite?!' Sakura thought; pain engrossed her heart. She cried even more while she stared at the Sakura bear and the pale green ribbon.

Syaoran came back in the room with the first aid kit. He sat right beside Sakura on his bed.

"Sakura, I need to pull up your shirt a little, only to show your stomach... A...Ano, daijoubu?" Syaoran said with his ears turning red. He scowled at his own stupid actions; asking her for to pull up her shirt. 'How embarrassing...' he thought. Then he looked up to her face.

Sakura simply nodded. There was different thoughts in her mind. She didn't want to say anything in order to have Syaoran not to notice her crying.

He pulled up her shirt, only showing the wound and turned red all over. Then his nose was bleeding as he saw Sakura's pale skin under the pajama blouse. Syaoran scowled at him self again and went to get a tissue. Sakura looked at him cluelessly. Going back to work, Syaoran opened the first aid kit and helped Sakura sit up straight, holding her shirt up. Cards fell.

"Nani?" Syaoran said as he looked at the cards dot-eyed. He picked them up in surprise as Sakura looked at him casually, holding her shirt up for him. Syaoran sat the cards down on to the night stand wide eyed, continuing his work.

Sakura stayed silent, not saying anything at all. She just looked at him; what ever he was doing.

Syaoran dubbed some medicine on to her wound and wrapped her stomach with some bandage around her waist. While doing this, Sakura and Syaoran blushed as their eyes met. He looked away and wrapped some more to make the bandage more stern to stop the bleeding. After his finishing touches, he looked at Sakura's face closely.

"Nani?!" Sakura gasped; her face the color of crimson, since his head was very close to hers with lips almost touching.

"Why are you crying?" Syaoran asked in a serious tone.

Sakura looked at him confused and then noticed that she said something, which made him notice her crying. Anyway, more tears came from her eyes soon as he mentioned her crying.

"I don't remember anything! I just don't!" Sakura blurted out on the spurt of tears. She sat there for a minute with her hand to her mouth. Syaoran just looked at her with softened eyes filled with pity. Afterwards, Sakura got up and ran, but ended up falling. But Syaoran caught her before she touches the ground and hugged her tightly.

"Shh! Daijoubu! I promise, I mean really promise, that I will get your memories back in no time! Got it?!" Syaoran whispered harshly; holding on to Sakura tightly.

"Syaoran-kun..." Sakura whispered; shocked and surprised by his actions. She then hugged him back. "Arigato," she said with a smile at her lips. Then she stayed like that for the rest of the time.

Syaoran blushed and yawned once again. "I'm so tired..." he whispered to him self. He then suddenly looked at Sakura's face again, while she's in his arms. Her eyes was closed, without Syaoran noticing. Sakura's breathing was soft and calm as he could hear it in the silence.

"Asleep?" Syaoran asked. No answer. 'I take that as a yes... Now what to do?' he thought as he sighed.

Tired and sleepy, Syaoran sat down on his bed; with Sakura in his arms and her head against his chest. He yawned again and his eyes drooped down after awhile. Without any thoughts any more, he went asleep...
_____________________________________________________________ _________________________

"We got to play with them," Famai said mockingly.

"She's really strong..." Kamauin whispered thoughtfully, ignoring Famai, as both of them were looking through Meilin's window by standing in the trees by the apartment.

"And that bastard's in the way, making more of it!" Famai shouted.

Kamauin smirked and jumped to Meilin's bed room window, which was open. Famai jumped after him.

Why do we need these scissors?" Famai asked as Kamauin handed them to him.

"We need nice and long hair of a Li member, even though she has no magic ability. We could use it for the ability to control Syaoran. But it matters if Sakura loves him or not. I think he told her he loves her. But I know that Sakura didn't say any thing, because of her memory loss from one of the ultimate cards. Thanks to you, you have released them and they reached Sakura. They supposed to belong to her right now, but you found them before her in Hong Kong and they all got distorted. Now they are here. We got to get to them..." Kamauin explained.

"Oh! I'm impressed by your knowledge. I didn't know I would make those cards distorted... heh heh heh But why this gaki?!" Famai babbled.

"Like I said, It's the best hair of the Li clan!" Kamauin whispered so Meilin won't wake up. They both climbed in to Meilin's room from her bed room window.

"Hmm, she's kawaii," Famai whispered as they went in.

"Heh, heh, heh, very funny. She may be kawaii, but not pure," Kamauin said as he sensed her ability and purity. She happens to be considered as a "nothing" to Kamauin's own mind.

Famai smiled and handed him the scissors.

"Okay, here goes," Kamauin whispered as he walked quietly to Meilin's bed side.

Her hair was down and combed perfectly for Kamauin's own good luck. He snipped almost all of her hair straightly and in a perfect one shot. Famai watched this and kissed Meilin's cheek.

"Let's go," Kamauin said as he put all the gorgeous hair into a bag. Famai smiled and followed him to the window.

Koinaru busted in Meilin's room in his normal blue pajamas just in time, along with Souwong.

"Baka! Baka! Trying to run away again?!" Koinaru asked in a scowling way of mocking.

Souwong ran and threw shards at them, bursting flames. He then tripped after wards and fell on Meilin. She still didn't wake up from all the racket and Souwong on top of her. But she hugged him like a teddy bear. Now Souwong's stuck.

Koinaru sweat-dropped and picked out knives, that just appeared in his hand. He threw them at Famai and Kamauin, while they dodged them.

They both smiled as a farewell and flew out the window; vanished away once again.

Koinaru dropped to the floor and hit the ground with his fist in rage.

"Damn it!" he shouted to the floor. He ignored Souwong's struggle with Meilin's grasp. Koinaru walked out of her bed room and decided to go to Syaoran's room to check inside.

As he arrived at the door of Syaoran's room, he turned the door knob and went in quietly. He almost choked and fell from what he is seeing. Syaoran was on his bed with Sakura sleeping on his chest while he was hugging her like a teddy bear. Koinaru walked closer to look at this closely. 'Strange, but... pretty,' he thought and blushed to crimson from embarrassment of the thought. But Koinaru was a bit too close...

Sakura hugged Koinaru; grasping onto him, onto the bed. Now she's hugging him like a teddy bear; hugging him tightly. Koinaru tried to get away, but Sakura's hold was too tight. He turned out to be pretty comfortable, though. 'Does all girls have this thing of hugging boys when they're right beside them when they are asleep?' he thought deeply. He blushed even redder for his face is on Sakura's chest as he turned. 'Great I'm stuck... It's not that too bad, though...' Koinaru thought as he sighed. Then he groaned and fell asleep...
_____________________________________________________________ _________________________

Saturday morning of mid-August in Meilin's room, Syaoran's apartment...

"AAAHHHHH! ETCHIIII!" Meilin screamed from top of her lungs.

"Nani?!" Souwong said as he opened his eyes to the brightness of the room.

Souwong then noticed he was hugging Meilin in her bed. But he thought that Meilin started hugging him in the first place. Meilin got out of his hold and stood up on her bed with a pillow high up in the air.

He glared at her and tried reasoning with her. It ended up by Meilin kicking him off her bed. Souwong fell on his butt.

"Hey!" Souwong yelled, then suddenly blushed.

"Nani?" Meilin spurted out, noticing Souwong's blushing.

"You look kawaii like that, but what happened to all of your hair?"Souwong pointed out.

"Nani?!" Meilin gasped along with blushing from his compliment before that mystery question. She ran to her bed room drawer mirror. Meilin looked at her reflection wide eyed and stood at that position for a long time. Souwong just looked at her expression from where he was sitting.

"I don't know how did it happen... D...Demo, do you think it looks good?" Meilin said bashfully with her voice cracking up. She looked at Souwong's direction to see his expression. Then her eyes were blurred from tears coming out of her eyes. She started crying.

"Meilin!" Souwong yelled as he ran to her and putting his arms around her.

She was shocked by his actions, which she have never seen before, and hugged him back.

"A...Ano, it looks kawaii," Souwong replied to her and smiled down at her with a soothing smile.

Meilin brushed away her tears and looked up from his chest. "I need to check on Sakura..." she announced.

Souwong blushed and let go of her. Then she walked out of her room, leaving Souwong there watching her go. Then she came back in.

"Get out!" Meilin shouted, hiding her smile and blushed face.

"Aiee! Aiee! Aiee!" Souwong shouted back as he marched out of her bed room.
_________________________________________________________________ _____________________

From Syaoran's room window curtains, the sun was shown brightly throughout them.

Sakura opened her eyes slowly and noticed that her head was on Syaoran's chest and Koinaru sleeping soundlessly on her chest. They both look like kawaii little boys sleeping. She wanted to kiss both of their noses or pinch their cheeks like as if they were her children, but no way... Sakura turned wide eyed as she noticed that both of them were hugging her very closely to themselves. Trying to get away from both of their hold, her face reddened, because she couldn't get away.

"Etchi!" Sakura shouted.

"Nani?!" Syaoran and Koinaru gasped at the same time; waking up from the terror of Sakura's voice. Then they noticed they both were holding onto Sakura in Syaoran's bed.

"Etchi! Etchi! Etchi!" Sakura shouted.

"Who're you calling etchi?!" Syaoran and Koinaru scowled back.

"Nani?" Sakura asked; still in the same position as before. She wondered if they really meant that. "I didn't really... really mean to do so..." she faintly whispered and then her face reddened. She also wondered if they notice that they were hugging her very tightly, both of them...

"Oh! Gomen! Gomen nasai!" Syaoran and Koinaru apologized with dotted eyes.

Meilin walked in abruptly into Syaoran's room. She then laughed.

"A-ha! There you are Sakura-chan!" Meilin said as she sweat-dropped.

"Nani?" Sakura asked from Meilin's expression.

"A... Ano, what are you guys doing? Sakura-chan?" Meilin asked suspiciously.

All of them stood up from Syaoran's bed and yelled back to her, "It's not what you think!"

Meilin sighed and smirked. She grasped Sakura's hand and went out of Syaoran's bed room.

As they walked hastily out of Syaoran's room, Sakura stopped at the point and noticed Meilin's hair. It was shorter than Sakura's. Cut to the ear and pretty much layered to her neck. Her hair was nicely cut. "What happened to your hair?! It's all chopped off!" Sakura yelled surprisingly at Meilin.

"You know what, I don't know how it got cut... Demo, it seems to be freshly cut!" Meilin said and smiled anyway. Sakura just looked at her wide eyed.

"It looks so kawaii, though! It sort of looks better," Sakura complimented Meilin. She smiled one of her cutest smiles at her.

Meilin turned her chin up high up in the air and said with mockery,"Hmph! More kawaii than you, Sakura-chan!"

Sakura giggled and Meilin giggled after her.

"Okay! Okay! Here. Clothes for you to change in! I'm not going to ask you about the blood... I hope they will suit you! We're going to the mountains this afternoon. Want to come, Sakura-chan?" Meilin said. She absolutely loved Sakura like a sister.

"A...Ano, I'm not sure I could. My oni-chan probably get more ticked off again! Probably my otou-san wouldn't mind..." Sakura replied. Meilin sweat-dropped.

"Won't you call him again..." Meilin suggested. She really wanted Sakura to come. 'I need to call Tomoyo, too. We can have a picnic...' she thought.

"Hai! I guess I will! Nothing to do for the rest of the day!" Sakura yelled in delight. She snapped her fingers and went to the phone.

Okay I will leave it all to you," Meilin said as she went down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Ohayo!" Meilin greeted, event though she's not Japanese.

"Ohayo..." Syaoran said with a tiring tone, while he's flipping pancakes.

"Like my hair?" Meilin asked casually.

Koinaru looked up from the newspaper he has been holding and his eyes widened. 'I thought I saw some pair of scissors in the hands of that baka! And from the other hand, a plastic bag full of hair...' Koinaru thought deeply of righteous thoughts, that have been proved. Souwong just looked at all of them.

Syaoran finally looked at her, confused from the sudden silence and shouted from surprise, "Meilin?! What happened to all of your hair?!"

"A...Ano, I don't know..." Meilin replied, looking casual.

"Nani?" Syaoran said cluelessly.

"She didn't do it!" Koinaru finally spoken his thoughts.

"Nani?!" Syaoran and Meilin said at the same time.

"Baka and Yoma did it!" Koinaru yelled, dot eyed and his hand up in the air.

"And who're they?" Syaoran asked, half scowling.

"Famai and Kamauin..." Koinaru replied.

Sakura came down from the stairs and yelled out, "Ohayo gozaimasu, minna-san! I can go, Meilin-chan! What's cooking? Wahhhh! Pancakes! I'm so hungry!"

Everybody sweat-dropped as Sakura put the pancakes onto five plates and setting up the table as everyone watched. Then there was a phone ringing.

Sakura went to answer it and heard a cute voice from the telephone. "Moshi moshi! This is Tomoyo!"

"Moshi moshi, Tomoyo-chan!" Sakura answered.

"Sakura-chan! You're doing great!" Tomoyo said happily for some reason.

"For what?" Sakura questioned cluelessly.

"Staying at Syaoran's apartment. You're getting very close to him and he said he love you, too didn't he? Were you both hugging, too? How romantic! Kawaii..." Tomoyo said with satisfaction.

Sakura could imagine Tomoyo all star eyed. She answered, "Nani?! How did you know?!"

"What do you mean by that? I was just guessing..." Tomoyo said with excitement bursting.

"Oops... Nandemonai! heh heh heh..." Sakura said sweat-dropping.

"Ohh, that's too bad. Well, I need to get going..." Tomoyo said depressed.

"Wait! Meilin wants to know if you can go to the mountain park by Tokyo. Do you want to come?" Sakura offered when Meilin ran to Sakura.

"Oh really? Hai, of course! I'm going to bring outfits and video tape some more, too! Okay, Ja-ne!" Tomoyo said as a farewell.

Sakura sighed and answered, "Ja-ne!" She hanged up the phone after Tomoyo have hanged up the phone.

"Today's going to be so fun! I'm going to pack some food! Help me Sakura-chan!" Meilin yelled in delight.

"Hai!" Sakura answered happily.

"What's with these girls?" Koinaru asked Syaoran.

"I don't know... Demo, it seems that Sakura is all right..." Syaoran replied.

"Nani? What do you mean by that?" Koinaru asked, looking really worried.

"Huh? Oh, nothing..." Syaoran said tiredly. Looking at Sakura's eyes and from what happened from that night, he loved her even more than before.