Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ ignorance was bliss ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes:
SPOILER warning - If you have not seen the entire series, and you don't want to know details of what happens, you may not want to read this fic. From this point onward, things may be revealed that you simply did not want to know.
AU fic - If you're not familiar, this refers to Alternate Universe… also commonly referred to as Alternate Reality. I put this fic under such category for the reason that I don't think that this situation could ever actually occur in the original story line. In the series, they don't really show any amount of time between the day Syaoran announces he's going back to Hong Kong, and his actual departure. I'm placing this fic there. For those of you who are alright with spoilers, in the second to last episode, Syaoran did in fact confess his love to Sakura, and she did not answer. In the last episode, he announced that his mother, Yelan, said that he had to return to Hong Kong since there was no longer any reason for him to stay in Japan. And although he could've taken the next flight out of Tomeoda, we'll just say he didn't, okie? ^-^
Disclaimer - And last but not least, the original plot for this story is not mine. I read a fanfic that inspired me, and I emailed the author and asked if I could write my own version of the story using her plot. The author, however, failed to ever e-mail me back, however, I chose to post regardless of the fact in order to get feedback on my writing. The original plot was that Sakura needs a calculator for her math homework, and goes into Touya's room to find it, and finds him with Yukito. From that point on, the reactions of the characters and story are of my own manipulation.
I would hope because this is FANfiction, it would be a "given" that I do not own, nor do I stake any claim on any of the Card Captor characters, or have any direct affiliation with CLAMP, beyond being a consumer.

*-*-*-*
As the clock tolled to a late hour of the night, Sakura Kinomoto sat hunched over at her desk as her pencil struggled to scratch down the answer to her homework. Her wrist was cramping, and she was dizzy in weariness… and Kero-chan's rather noisy video game wasn't helping one bit.
"Anno, Kero-chan? Could you turn that down? I'm trying to do my homework…" she felt like a mother hen. Who knew stuffed animals - I mean, winged guardians - could be so into video games. Not to mention Kero-chan's consumption of mass quantities of sugar.
"But Sakura…!" he trailed, "It's apart of playing the game! Ya'have to get into it! Really Sakura you can't understa-Oh no!!! I crashed!!!" The little guardian shook an angry fist, and gritted his teeth at a shining screen that beheld the words, "You Lose."
Sakura sighed deeply, looking down at her paper. Could it be? She was done with her English homework! Staring at the notes and answers she had written, she wondered what it would be like to travel to England like Eriol… she also wondered what his English test scores were. 'He must've done really well… I can't imagine he could survive in England very long without learning the language… I wonder if Clow Reed had to learn English…'
Her mind bantered on as sleep threatened to take her, and her eyelids began to sag… only to be pulled up by an instant Kero-chan.
"Hey! I thought you were supposed to be working here! Don't you have some math homework too?" He lay stomach down on her forehead as his paws pulled up her eyelids, to her dismay. She nodded reluctantly, accidentally throwing Kero-chan off balance, and he flew off her head and did an aerial summersault, and his small wings kept him afloat. "That's what I thought," he said triumphantly, crossing his arms, nodding self-righteously.
Sakura, putting away her English things, fetched her Mathematics notebook and text. She began to answer a question when something was suspiciously missing. Something she needed. Something she couldn't do math without.
"Oh Kero-chan, how am I going to do my math homework without my calculator?"
"Isn't it in your backpack?" His voice went unheard, as she was already shuffling, with renued vigor. Panic wakes up the blood, you know. "Did you leave it at school, Sakura?…" Kero wrinkled his brow… "I mean, you know I'd help you and all but uhm… I've got… cake to eat… or something…"
Sakura turned around and found Kero-chan had disappeared. Or rather, he was munching on some cookies he had hoarded that she brought home from school that day. She smiled… she wouldn't have doubted he would've actually helped, but she suspected he liked math about as much as she did.
"Ne!" Jumping out of her seat, and pointing to the ceiling, "'niisan would have one, maybe I could borrow…?"
"… yeah…*munch* you do…*chomp* you do that…" Kero-chan was busy with his first love.

*-*-*-*

Quite contented with her latest advance in problem solving, she nearly skipped down the hall to her brother's room. There was a peculiar thump, as though something were hitting the wall.
'I thought I was home alone… I guess I didn't hear him come in over the video game…' She lifted her hand to knock, and then paused. 'The lights are off… maybe he's asleep? Well maybe I could just sneak in there and borrow his calculator… If he misses it in the morning, I could just explain, and he'll be fine with that… it's for a good cause after all!" Smiling to herself with resolve, and going through her thoughts as her hand stealthily opened the door.

*-*-*-*

Light had slowly shown it's face in the dark, calm room… first a small sliver, and then a larger one… which was momentarily doused by the silhouette of a small girl, and her cast shadow on the floor…
Yukito and Touya froze. Touya, laying over his dearest friend in a state of undress, slowly, ever so slowly, turned his head to see his little sister… his poor innocent sister step into the room. Yukito bit his lip, and began to rustle the sheets as he moved to sit up… to say something, to explain… but Touya quickly clasped his hand over his mouth, noting that Sakura hadn't even noticed or paid attention to the scene she had unknowingly revealed.
The Kinomoto's eldest trying to control his breathing, as did Yukito. He had realized what Touya was trying to do, and for a brief moment feared that he was going to turn to anger rather than rationale. Touya was quite famous for his over-protectiveness of his sister, and no doubt he wished her innocence to be kept intact by any means. It was enough that her life was threatened by elemental demons that she had to capture into cards not of her making, and thrown into a role that took most of her energies and to balance that with school… but this. This was too real.

*-*-*-*

'Where would he keep his calculator… oh! What luck! It's sitting on the desk…' the desk was the most illuminated thing in the room, and for sure, this was luck. She picked it up, and smiled to herself, and quietly began to stride back to the door when she heard a rustling of the sheets. Pausing, eyeing the calculator, she softly said, "Oyasumi nasai…"

*-*-*-*

Touya reacted as quickly as his muscles would allow, and quickly shrouded his lover with his broader form. Laying on his side, his chest facing Sakura, as Yukito was cuddled to his back. The silver haired boy lay still and silent, as he felt Touya's back muscles tense…
"…oy-oyasumi…" he managed. He hadn't gotten his breathing as under control as he had wanted to believe. Sakura tilted her head at him, 'Why can't she just leave?! Maybe…'
"… kaiju." He added quickly. Maybe she would storm out. Maybe…
"Anno, are you too hot? Should I turn up the air-conditioning??" Now that she thought of it, there was a funny scent in the air. She guessed he had a late practice or something, and forgot to bathe maybe… that would explain why his chest and forehead were glistening in the dim lights of the moon and the doorway.
"Nonononono… that's okay, I'm fine," Touya waved a dismissive hand, "If you got what you want, kaijuu, feel free to leave at any time…" He stressed the word 'leave', trying to sound like the teasing big brother he was in daylight, and not show how actually angry he was. It helped that Yuki was at his side, calming petting his back to steady his breathing… although, in the shadow of what they had been doing, it wasn't quite helping either.

*-*-*-*

Sakura steamed. She didn't feel like putting up with this at this hour of the night. Taking an angered step forward, she wanted to scream and shake her fist at him - but she had almost tripped. Her face grew red, of mixed rage and embarrassment at the object of her folly… a shoe. A shoe that, and it could've been the light, looked too small for her brother, Touya.
Catching her bearings, "Hoee!! Whose a kaijuu? I don't see a kaijuu! Unless you're afraid of the one under your bed!"
"Look Sakura! Just get out! -" He hadn't meant to yell, and Yuki gently pressed his hand against his back in warning… "… I'm tired okay? Can we fight in the morning?"
Poor 'niisan… for a while, it looked as though he was recovering from giving all his magic to Yue, but recently he seemed tired once again. She nodded… tonight, she'd behave, as long as he did. She walked over to the doorway, and gently rested her hand on the door…

*-*-*-*

'This is it. Geez, that was close…' Touya began to relax, and sighed softly.
"Oyasumi nasai."
"Oyasumi."
"Oyasumi Sakura-chan."

"…" "…" "…"