Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ My 17-Year Old Sister-In-Law ❯ My Sponge ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My 17-Year Old Sister-In-Law
By DarkHeart
 
Disclaimer: I do not own CCS or its characters!
 

Chapter 2: “My Sponge
 
When we arrived at Eriol's house, Sakura and Fujitaka were already there waiting for us with Eriol's mother.
 
“CONGRATULATIONS!!!”
 
My jaw dropped. This was the reply Touya got after introducing his `fiancé'. Wasn't anyone the least bit curious as to where the heck he picked her up from!?! He suddenly comes back with a girl, and everyone acts like its no big deal.
 
“You must tell me ALL about yourself!” Sakura ran over to Chiharu, a huge smile on her face.
 
“Good catch my boy,” Fujitaka approved, patting his son on the shoulder, “I've taught you well.”
 
“Oooooh,” Eriol's mom trilled, eyeballing me and Chiharu, “Looks like you two called each other up this morning and set up matching outfits.”
 
“Oh my gosh!!” Sakura joined in, “I didn't even notice!”
 
Eriol laughed, “I assure you, it's pure coincidence.”
 
The whole time, I stood there motionless. I had to muster up all of my energy to stay calm. On the way here, I didn't get once chance to speak with Touya alone. Tomoyo spoke nonstop and wouldn't let anyone say a damn word. I still couldn't get over the whole situation.
 
A few minutes later, we were all sitting in the Hiiragizawa living room. Touya, Fujitaka, and Eriol's mom were deep in conversation. Sakura and Tomoyo were bombarding Chiharu with questions, but the questions were so stupid and insignificant.
 
“What's your favorite color?”
”Purple.”
“What's your favorite food?”
“Umm…I'm not sure; I eat almost anything.”
“What's your favorite song?”
”I don't listen to music.”
”What's your favorite…”
 
And the questions went on and on. Chiharu smiled shyly and answered every question politely. Eriol and I sat in between the two groups, silent. All I wanted was to get Touya alone and attack him with my own questions.
 
“So, what's your favorite part about Touya?” Sakura asked with an evil grin on her face.
 
Ok…that's it. I could've puked right then and there.
 
“Umm…well,” Chiharu spoke fast, a deep shade of red growing on her cheeks, “He's very kind and-”
 
“Oh, come on!” Tomoyo cut her off, “She meant what part of his body. For example, my favorite part about Syaoran is his eyes,” her voice was all dreamy.
 
I let out a weird, hard grunt which sounded as if I were in pain as I felt her eyes fall on me. Sakura snorted and Eriol curled his lips up in anger. Just as I was about to stand up and leave, Sakura dragged me into their stupid conversation.

”Syaoran!” I looked up at her reluctantly.
 
“What?” I asked, my voice controlled. Just then, I realized that Sakura had cut her hair short above her shoulders, just like when she was young.
 
“What are you and Eriol doing there so quietly?” She cocked her eyebrow, “Come over here. I mean, you are going to be living with Chiharu from now on. Wouldn't you like to get to know more about your sister-in-law?”
 
I glared at her and she replied with a wicked smile. The last thing I needed was to be sitting with a leech and a brother stealer. Yes, I know; I sounded childish. But still…
 
“I know what's going on here,” Sakura interrupted my thoughts, “You've probably already fallen for Chiharu's looks! Be careful Syaoran; don't fall in love with her!”
 
Chiharu's face deepened in color and her eyes grew wide as she took in Sakura's comment. When she looked up at me, her face became more fearful and she quickly looked away. I must've had a deathly expression on my face - you can't blame me.
 
Right then, Mrs. Hiiragizawa announced that supper was ready and everyone stood up to go to the dining room; I thanked her in my head. As I was about to walk out of the room, Sakura grabbed my arm.
 
“Syaoran,” she said, swinging my arm playfully, “you know I was only kidding.”
 
“Yeah, I know,” I rolled my eyes, “I don't like those kinds of things.”
 
“I don't have anything to worry about,” she smiled seductively and wrapped her arms around my neck, “I'll always be the only girl you like.”
 
The second she spoke those words, my body grew tense, “Yes,” I replied, “Because you're my sister.”
 
As soon as I said those words, the shine in her emerald eyes dimmed. I slowly got out of her hold. On my way out, I heard her whisper, “Not your blood sister.”
 
Dinner went by awkwardly. The adults clearly knew something I didn't; they constantly gave Chiharu looks of pity and tried even more to make her feel comfortable. Sakura was unnaturally buoyant for the rest of the day - I hated when she brought up uncomfortable thoughts and then suffered after.
 
Finally, Touya, Chiharu, and I made our way home. Touya never left her side, even when we got into the house. He gave her a tour around our abode and then, instead of dropping her off in her room and then hitting the sack, he went into his room first and left me and Chiharu in the hallway. I glared at the shut door in front of me; the little nasty was avoiding me; he didn't want the two of us to be alone. Fine, I thought, the only way to get Chiharu out of the house is to scare her away.
 
“Good night,” the young girl smiled, bowing slightly. I gave her a dirty look and brushed past her. Before I entered my room, I turned to look at her; she was standing in the same place, looking down with confusion on her face. I sighed; tomorrow was going to be a long day.
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
Three green fuzz balls danced in a big green field right under the sun, singing.
 
“We love breakfast, because it's the best time of the day.”
 
Just then, a huge pot of brown mush fell in between them.
 
“We love breakfast, because it's the best time of the day.”
 
The aroma coming from the pot was delicious, sweet, and mouth-watering.
 
“We love breakfast, because it's the best time of the day.”
 
The sun grew bigger and bigger, until a blinding light illuminated the whole field.
 
I opened my eyes slowly and saw the bright light coming through my window. What a strange dream…it was that wonderful smell coming from downstairs that did it. After getting ready, I made my way down the stairs. I am definitely NOT going to eat anything she's made. I smirked evilly as I entered the kitchen.
 
“Oh!” Chiharu jumped when she saw me entering the kitchen, “Sorry! You scared me there for a second.” My mouth twitched as I saw how comfortable she looked in the house this morning. This was definitely not a good sign for me. She was cleaning the counters. My eyes narrowed when I saw her using my sponge.
 
“That's mine,” I snapped, “Use another sponge.” Ok, now I sounded like a baby.
 
“Umm,” She looked confused.
 
“That sponge,” I uttered through gritted teeth, “is mine.
 
She looked down at her hand which held the sponge, and her expression remained slightly confused, “I'm sorry.” She quickly put it away and grabbed another one.
 
“Breakfast is ready if you want to-”
 
“Where's Touya?” I cut her off.
 
“He's already eaten,” she said, struggling to keep a smile on her face, “He said he had to go meet people and run errands. He'll be back later.” There was a hint of disappointment in her voice. Good.
 
“I've already prepared breakfast for you,” she said, setting down a bowl of delicious looking brown stuff (this stuff wasn't mushy though).
 
“I'm not eating that,” I growled, walking over to the fridge.
 
A few minutes later, I was sitting at the table, eating that delicious brown stuff. Chiharu went upstairs, so there was no point in acting anymore. God…it was so good. I'd never tasted anything like it. Maybe in the future, when she and Touya break up, I could ask her for the recipe…
 
I held up another spoonful and took in a big whiff of it…aah. My eyes closed with gratification and I smiled as I took another bite. `I love breakfast, because it's the best time of the day.'
 
“I'm so glad you like it!” I jumped, looking up to see Chiharu standing in front of me, her hands clasped together in excitement. Damn. She caught me off guard.
 
I quickly changed my expression to show repulsion, “This stuff is disgusting.”
 
I walked over to the sink with the bowl. Slowly, I lifted the bowl over the drain and turned it enough so that it looked like I was spilling her food. I took a glance behind me and saw her staring at me in shock. Dang it, just leave girl! I don't want to waste such good food. Her expression fell and she quickly walked out of the kitchen. I let out a sigh of relief and quickly finished the rest of the food before washing the remaining dishes with my sponge.
 
During the afternoon, while I was completing some last minute homework assignments, I heard the television go on downstairs. I quickly finished up my homework and dashed out the door - I couldn't let Chiharu feel relaxed or anything close to it. I entered the living room with loud footsteps, making sure she knew I was coming. I looked at the TV and saw that she was watching...Digimon!? I thought I was the only `weirdo' (as Eriol says) who liked that childish show.
 
“You actually watch this junk,” I laughed, giving her a disgusted look.
 
Embarrassed, she quickly sat up straight and opened her mouth to speak.
 
“Give me the control,” I snarled.
 
She handed it over obediently. I walked over to sit on the single couch. Right when I was about to change the channel, she spoke.

”Th…this is a new episode,” she stammered, fear slowly creeping up on her face.
 
I took a quick peek at the screen and realized that I hadn't seen this episode either. Crap. I'd have to wait until the next time it aired. Pretending to ignore her little comment, I changed the channel to something I loathed greatly - a baseball game. It was just so damn boring; I didn't understand how Touya could sit there and watch a whole game.
 
A few minutes later, I was looking down at the control, playing with the buttons. When I looked up at Chiharu, she quickly jerked her eyes away from me. Great, now I had to stare at the stupid game and pretend to enjoy it. I struggled to keep my eyes on the TV screen while looking excited. From the corner of my eye, I could see her getting bored and fidgety. Hah, she was too scared to get up and walk off. After an hour of the baseball game, I started to grow really irritated. I no longer forced a false expression.
 
“Is the team you're cheering for losing?” She asked, noticing the change in my face.
 
“Erm…yeah,” I muttered; I didn't even know which team was winning or losing.
 
“W…what team are you rooting for?” she asked warily.
 
I slightly raised an eyebrow and looked at her; was she testing me or something? “The blue guys,” I replied frostily, looking back at the screen.
 
“But, they're win-”
 
She didn't even bother to finish her statement after glancing at my face; I looked just about ready to kill. Finally, after another ghastly hour of baseball, Touya returned. He brought back pizza for lunch, so we all sat together in the dining room. Chiharu's spirit was immediately raised and she seemed much happier. However, every time she looked at me, she'd become stiff again. I'm not going to stop the act just because Touya is here.
 
After lunch, I prepared milkshake while Touya washed the dishes. Chiharu offered to help me out, but I pretended not to hear her. Touya was too caught up in his thoughts to notice.
 
“Touya,” Chiharu whispered, thinking I couldn't hear her, “Don't use that sponge!”
 
“Why not?” Touya asked, utterly confused.
 
“It's…Syaoran's sponge,” she murmured, “He doesn't like people using it.” That idiot - what the hell was she trying to do?!
 
“Right…” Touya said, raising an eyebrow and turning to me.
 
“What happened?” I asked, trying to keep my face looking innocent.
 
“Can I use your sponge?” Touya asked, rolling his eyes.
 
“Oh, that!” I struggled to let out a laugh; it sounded very unnatural, “I was just kidding Chi-”
 
My voice suddenly broke off; I never had and never wanted to say her name. “Chiharu,” I finished, turning away so that they wouldn't see the expression on my face.
 
Touya laughed, “Chiharu, Syaoran here is a joker. Don't take everything he says so seriously!”
 
Joker!? Bah! I was far from a joker in her eyes…
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
I walked into the dark living room, noticing Touya's figure leaning against the fireplace. Touya and Chiharu had just come back from sight seeing; they invited me, but I refused of course. When they came back, Chiharu went straight to bed; it had gotten pretty late. Now, I was finally able to speak with him alone.
 
“Touya, you've been avoiding me,” I said angrily.
 
He sighed and looked up, “I know. I just…I wanted to think things through before talking with you.”
 
“What the heck do you mean?!” I roared, “You should have `talked' with me before bringing home that girl!”
 
“Syaoran,” he said, his voice sounding strained, “I love her.”
 
“……”
 
“The first time I saw her, my heart was stolen,” he tried desperately to explain, “She isn't like anyone I've ever met. She's just so carefree and…and…I can't describe her. She's just…different.”
 
I opened my mouth, but then quickly closed it; I didn't know what to say.
 
“Please Syaoran, I know I should've told you, but I knew you wouldn't like it,” he pleaded with me, “Please accept her. This is the first time I've ever felt this way, and I really hope people will be able to see why I love this girl so much…you especially.”
 
He was serious...he truly felt for that girl. I sighed, disappointed at my behavior when I realized how Touya felt. He was my best friend…my brother. I owed so much to him. I couldn't take away his happiness.
 
After a long silence, I finally spoke, “Alright, Touya,” I replied, “I don't understand why you feel that way, but I can see that you're happy. I'll…I'll try and accept her.”
 
Touya immediately put his arm around Syaoran's shoulders and smiled, “Thanks man, I knew you'd understand.”
 
“No problem.”
 
“Oh yeah, there's one more thing.”
 
“What is it?”
 
“I need you to look after Chiharu starting tomorrow,” He said, faster than usual, “She'll be going to your High School starting tomorrow.”
 
“…WHAT?!” Okay, I know that she looked my age, but I didn't know that she was my age.
 
“You said you'd try!” He exclaimed, running out of the living room and up the stairs. That nasty little…
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
END!
Please leave a review and tell me what you think! I'm enjoying writing this story ^_^