Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ My 17-Year Old Sister-In-Law ❯ Unexpected Guest ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My 17-Year Old Sister-In-Law
By DarkHeart
 
Disclaimer: I do not own CCS or its characters! For those of you who watch Korean Dramas, you'll notice that the title is very similar to `My 19-Year Old Sister-In-Law'. I did get the `sister-in-law' idea from there, but this storyline is my own and VERY different ;)
 

Chapter 1: “Unexpected Arrival
 
Beep…beep…beep
“…I'm awake…”
Beep…beep…beep
“…ughh…” I opened my eyes and glared at the foul device that woke me up, “Alright!” I groaned, sitting up and slamming the alarm clock off. It read 11:30 AM; talk about oversleeping. I tried to remember how many times I hit the snooze button before going back to sleep - aahh, whatever.
 
I grudgingly threw my legs off the mattress and pulled myself up. I had to balance myself after using all that force to stand up. Letting out a long yawn, I trudged to the bathroom and looked up at myself in the mirror. A pair of tired, half-open amber eyes stared back at me. Like every morning, my chocolate-brown hair was in an uproar. For some strange reason, all the girls in school went berserk because of my hair - I shuddered at the thought. I sighed lazily and preformed the usual morning tasks - brushing my teeth and calming my hair down as much as possible. After slipping on a plain black t-shirt and blue jeans, I walked over to the window and threw back the curtains - it was a beautiful day. The sun shone up ahead, sending a stream of light through the window and into the small, white room. My room was fairly simple and plain - a bed, nightstand, bureau, and desk.
 
I walked up to my desk and picked up the only piece of `decorative' item there was - a picture frame. My hands traced the three people posing in the picture. In the middle was me, Syaoran Li, and to the right was my older brother, Touya Kinomoto. I smiled, wondering what that 26-year old man was doing at the moment. He had just graduated from law school last year and decided to go abroad for a few months. My fingers then fell upon my sister, Sakura Kinomoto. She was still in her junior year of high school, like me - we were only a few months apart.
 
Now, I know what you're thinking - how the heck is she my sister when we're only a few months apart!? And why do they both have different last names than me?! Well, the truth is, they aren't my real brother and sister. A long time ago, when I was around six years old, my parents passed away in a car accident - I really don't remember much about them. When they died, I had no family members who could take me in. My dad's dearest and closest friend, Fujitaka Kinomoto, immediately took me in and raised me as if I was his own son. Since then, I've always seen them as my real family.
 
After placing the frame back to its respective position, I stood up and made my way downstairs. Ever since Touya went overseas, the house was quiet and the days went by so slowly. Yes, that's right - Touya and I lived on our own. About 3 years ago, when Touya decided to move out of the house and get his own place, he asked me to come along with him. Of course, I instantly agreed - Touya and I have always been close, and it'd be an adventure to live away from home.
 
I grabbed myself a bowl of cereal and plopped down at the table. It was Saturday, March 15th; today was the day I'd been waiting for. Today, Touya's flight would arrive. I couldn't wait to hear what America was like and all his stories. I quickly finished the bowl of cereal, washed the dishes (yes, I wash dishes…), grabbed the house keys, and left the house.
 
After passing a few blocks, I walked up to the first house on the street and rang the bell. The door was opened to reveal a boy slightly shorter than me, 6', with dark blue hair and blue-gray eyes.
 
“Took you long enough,” the boy said, rolling his eyes, “you're an hour late!”
 
“Sorry, Eriol,” I sighed, “I got carried away yesterday night, and when I finished cleaning the house, I realized it was past 2AM.”
 
“Yeesh,” Eriol mused, “You must be dead bored to clean. Hold up, let me get my keys,” he said, walking away.
 
Within a minute, he was back, and we were both heading towards his car.
 
“So, where are we going?” Eriol asked, getting into the driver's seat.
 
“The bakery,” I replied, opening the passenger door, “I wanted to get a chocolate cake for Touya.”

”Alright,” Eriol turned on the ignition, “his flight arrives at one and its 12:15 now. We better hurry.”
 
Oh, great. I just had to sleep in - Eriol isn't a very good driver to begin with, and now he was driving fast and recklessly. I had to use all my strength to keep the cereal inside my stomach. Normally, I'd yell at him to stop, but this time was an exception.
 
--------------------------------
 
“ERIOL!! SYAORAN!!”
 
My heart froze as I heard the annoying, shrilling voice. I looked at Eriol right away and threw him a death glare, “…Eriol…” I uttered, through gritted teeth.
 
“Oh, come on,” Eriol sweat dropped, “I thought she'd be happy to see Touya.”
 
I looked ahead to see a girl running towards us. Her long, black hair fell down to her waist and her velvet eyes glittered with happiness.
 
“Tomoyo!” Eriol cried, standing up, “I thought you wouldn't come!”
 
“This airport is HUGE!” the girl tittered, looking around, “It took me a while to find you guys.”
I stayed seated, keeping my eyes on the floor…hoping…just hoping that she wouldn't…

”Syaoran!” Damn. “I bet you're super excited about your brother coming back.”
 
She slowly walked toward me and…no…no…don't. Ughh…my mouth curled up in disgust as she sat down next to me.
 
“Well?” she asked, poking my shoulder. I trembled, inching away from her.
 
“Syaoran…” Eriol laughed nervously.
 
“I miss him terribly,” I said, my voice unnaturally stiff.
 
“Awww,” she giggled, “I can hear the excitement in your voice!”
 
And then, finally she stood up, “I'll be right back!” she smiled, heading for the restrooms.
 
Making sure she was out of hearing distance, I turned to Eriol, “WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING?!” I roared, my face turning red.
 
Eriol jumped, surprised, “Oh, lighten up Syaoran!”
 
“I won't lighten up Eriol,” I grumbled, “You know I hate -”
 
“-girls,” Eriol cut me off, “I know, I know. Listen, she won't bite or anything.”
 
“How do you know?” I asked, clenching my fists.
 
“You have to be kidding me!” Eriol rolled his eyes, “Just when are you going to get over your `girl' problem. Do you really plan on dying alone?”
 
“No,” I replied, my voice icy, “I'll take you with me.”
 
Eriol flinched, and opened his mouth to speak. He stayed quiet, however, when he saw Tomoyo running back to us.
 
“Sorry about that!” Tomoyo giggled. Her face had much more of that disgusting stuff than before.
 
When she was about to resume pestering me, Eriol quickly started up a conversation with her. I sighed in relief and concentrated on ignoring their meaningless talk.
 
“SYAORAN!”
 
I glanced up and looked for the person with the familiar voice. Touya was walking toward us, a huge grin on his face. I stood up and ran to meet him, my spirit instantly rising.
 
“How ya doing little bro?” Touya asked, putting his hand on my shoulder.
 
I placed my hand on his shoulder and gave it a light squeeze, “I've been well. You?”
 
“I couldn't be better!” He smiled, ecstatic, “You sure have gotten taller,” he laughed; I was now only an inch away from beating his height.
 
Just then, Eriol and Tomoyo came up to greet him.
 
“We're going to head to my house for lunch,” Eriol said, “my mom cooked `special' food for your return.”
 
“Oooh,” Touya licked his lips, “my mouth's already watering.”
 
“Let's get going,” I laughed taking some of Touya's bags from him.
 
“Guys,” Touya said, “hold on.”

We all stood there, waiting. Just then, a weird expression took over his face. It was…dreamy, overjoyed, and excited - it freaked me out.
 
“I want you to meet someone,” he gloated, moving aside.
 
And then, we saw her; nobody noticed her standing there. She was a tall girl with short, light brown hair that fell right below her shoulders. If it wasn't for the fact that she was standing next to my brother, I probably would've admitted that she was…pretty good looking. Her black-pinkish eyes looked at each one of us animatedly.
 
When her eyes fell on me, she paused, “WHOA!” she exclaimed, her voice slightly deep, “you and I are twins!”
 
After a second of recovering from what she had said, I noticed it. Her outfit was plain - a black t-shirt and blue jeans…just like mine. Just great. The rest of them snickered and giggled while I looked at Touya uncomfortably.
 
“Who…who is this?” I demanded, not meaning to sound as rude as I did. Apparently, Touya didn't realize the `sourness' of my voice.
 
“Everyone,” he announced, looking at all of us, “this is my fiancé, Chiharu Mihara.”
 
Did…he just say…fiancé? My jaw dropped.
 
“…WHAT?!?!”
 
-----------
 
~End of Chapter 1~
 
Alright, the idea came to me, and I really wanted to try this fic out. Please let me know what you think of it. If people seem to like it, I'll continue. ^_^