Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Night Sky ❯ Sweets Never Were Good For You ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Night Sky
Chapter Seven
~Selene Serenity~

Selene: Whee! I left all you people without actually describing Yue in the kimono. How horrible of me! *Worries*

Testament: Oh yes, we'd all die because of that. Honestly Selene, I don't think your 'fans' will die if you leave something as trivial of Yue in a kimono out of your fic.

*Random Yue fangirl walks by*

Fangirl: No kimono, no review! No kimono, no review!

Selene: Oh really Testament...

Testament: Oh forget it! *Stomps off*

Selene: Ha ha ha.


~Chapter Seven~

Yue stood upside, leaning against the tree next to Sakura's house. 'I can't believe that happened...' He thought. 'I didn't mean to see her...like that...' He thought. 'Now she probably thinks I'm some, hentai!'

'Wait, why do I care what she thinks?' He wondered. 'She's just my Mistress. Protect her, and that's it. That's all I do.' He tried to convince himself, but he wasn't doing a very good job.

He was wearing an old Kimono of Touya's that Sakura had been sure he would not miss. While it didn't look that great on Touya, it looked amazing on Yue. It was white, gray and light blue, very much like his own clothes, but the colors didn't make him stand out like his normal clothes would. In the back there were to slits, created by Tomoyo, so that if need be Yue could bring his wings out.

"Yue!" Celia cried as she burst through the open front door. She ran to Yue who caught her in his arms and swung her up into the air, then holding her in his arms. "Ready?" Celia giggled.

"Yes." Yue nodded.

Tomoyo and Sakura had followed Celia out the door at a slower pace. "It's so nice to see Yue happy." Tomoyo noted.

"Yeah..." Sakura agreed. "Its amazing how much Celia has changed him."

"She's not the only one to change him." Tomoyo muttered.

"What was that?" Sakura blinked.

"Oh nothing." Tomoyo winked and joined Celia and Yue, who promptly put Celia down when he saw they were coming.

"Well lets get going." Sakura smiled and the group started on their trip to the festival.

***

"Hey there Sakura, Tomoyo." A voice called as the group entered the festival. They all spotted Eriol walking towards them. "Hi Mr. Eriol!" Celia smiled and waved on Yue's back.

"Hello Miss. Celia." Eriol bowed politely.

"Hi!" Another voice shouted as Syaoran appeared on the scene in quite a rush. It took him a few minutes to realize Yue was there but when he did he jumped back about a foot. "What's he doing here!?"

"Shhh!" Sakura ran over to him. "Eriol's here remember!?"

"Well what is he doing here?" Syaoran whispered.

"He and Cerberus can't get back to their temperate forms so Tomoyo and I thought he should come here tonight." Sakura explained.

"Oh...right..." Syaoran gave her a weird look.

The two of them joined the group once again and saw that Yue was looking at Eriol in a not-so-friendly manner. "What's wrong Yue?" Sakura asked, trying to get him to look away. Yue had no response and kept glaring at Eriol who only ignored him.

"Eriol! Why don't we go look at some of those games over there, maybe you can win me a new goldfish!" Tomoyo suggested merrily as she pulled Eriol into the crowd of moving people.

"Phew..." Sakura and Celia both sighed and sweatdropped.

"Yue! What was that about!?" Sakura flipped out.

"I don't trust that boy at all." Yue closed his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Finally! Someone who agrees with me!" Syaoran patted Yue on the shoulder.

"Don't touch me..." Yue stated.

"Point taken!" Syaoran took his hand of and backed away.

"Yue! Will you win me something!?" Celia asked and hugged Yue around the neck.

"All right..." Yue sighed and walked away.

"Well that leaves just us I guess." Syaoran blushed a bit.

"Yeah. Want to get something to eat?" Sakura pointed at a food stand.

"Okay." Syaoran nodded. The two of them walked up to the stand and bought a couple pork buns. "Hey Sakura?"

"Hm?" Sakura looked at Syaoran.

"Next week Meling's coming down for a visit, I think she said she's staying for a week." Syaoran explained.

"Really!? That'll be so nice!" Sakura smiled brightly widely.

"Yeah...well you see Sakura, when she does come up...I think I'm going to propose to her." Syaoran blushed.

"I thought you were already engaged though." Sakura pointed out, a little shocked.

"Yeah, by our family, but I want to make it official, and I was hoping you'd help me pick out a ring for her." Syaoran told her.

Sakura paused for a moment. At one point she would have thought the ring would have been for her. The two of them had had some great times together, but Sakura now knew that they're relationship could never work. Syaoran's heart laid with Meling and Sakura knew it. Even if Syaoran didn't say so he loved Meling with all his heart. "Of course." Sakura nodded.

"Thanks!" Syaoran smiled. "You don't mind this do you?" He asked.

"No, I'm okay. I can't wait to see her though! It's been a while!" Sakura smiled.

"Yeah." Syaoran nodded and blushed.

At another booth an eruption occurred. Sakura and Syaoran felt the surge of magical power and starred at the destroyed booth. "Help me!!!" A man cried and jumped out of the debris and ran away.

A monster made completely of food soon followed him. "What is that!?" Syaoran shouted.

"How should I know?" Sakura bit her lip. The monster turned and went to the other end of festival. "Syaoran! That's the way Tomoyo and Eriol went!" Sakura cried.

"Then lets go." Syaoran nodded and the two ran off.

***

"There's the fish!" Tomoyo smiled and pointed at the small pool holding tons of goldfish swimming around. "Can you get me one?" She asked Eriol.

"Um..." Eriol blushed. "Sure." He said and paid for a net and paddle. 'What's going on with me!?' He thought. 'I should be concentrating on Sakura's test not this...'

Eriol knelt down in his kimono and steadied the net and paddle above the water. In seconds flat he scooped up one of the fish with his paddle and caught it in the net. "Wow Eriol! You're so good at this!" Tomoyo clapped.

"Uh...thanks." Eriol's cheeks showed the lightest bit of pink.

Suddenly the food monster came thumping over towards them with people screaming and running away. 'No!' Eriol thought. 'Ruby and Spinal started too early.'

"What's that!?' Tomoyo gasped.

Soon the monster was right in front of them. It went to push them out of the way. Tomoyo screamed for fear of her life and clamped her eyes shut, but suddenly she felt the breeze become harder and she felt much lighter and nothing hit her, but there was something, an arm, around her waist. Tomoyo opened her eyes. She was floating, floating in the air. She looked behind her and Eriol was holding her around her waist. "Eriol?" She gasped.

Eriol hung his head slightly as they continued to float over to a building. Once above the buildings roof the two of them slowly descended on to the roof. Tomoyo backed away from Eriol with a shocked face. "Eriol, you...you aren't the one are you? The one making all of the weird stuff ha..." In the middle of her sentence Eriol used a spell on her to make her fall asleep.

"I'm sorry Tomoyo." He whispered as he caught her from falling. "But no one can know about this yet." He laid a hand on her forehead and took away the memory of them flying. He gently laid her on the roof. "You should be safe here." He said and left quickly before she woke up.

"Tomoyo! Is that you!?" Sakura called from the ground.

Tomoyo slowly started to wake up when she heard Sakura yelling to her. 'What happened?' She thought. 'When did I get on the roof?'


"Are you okay Tomoyo?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah I'm fine!" Tomoyo replied. "Just beat that thing!"

"Okay." Sakura nodded.

***

"Yeah! I got a stuffed bunny!" Celia cheered as she sat on Yue's shoulders and hugged the stuffed rabbit Yue had won for her.

"Are you happy now?" Yue asked.

"Yup!" Celia giggled in reply.

"Good." Yue sighed.

Suddenly the two of them felt a wave of power come over them. "Yue...did you feel that?"

"Yes." Yue nodded. "I think your mother's in danger, we better go help her."

"Okay." Celia nodded.

Yue walked behind some trees near by and spread out his wings and lifted into the sky with no one noticing them.

***

Sakura released her wand and contemplated on which card to use. 'How in the world do I kill a monster made of food. It would be easy if Kero was here...' She chuckled.

Syaoran meanwhile was already at the monster with his lighting attacks, but it was having no affect. The monster brought up one of its hand and knocked Syaoran aside, and began to head towards Sakura. "Syaoran! Are you okay!?" Sakura cried.

"I'm fine." He replied as he got up from the ground. As he looked up he saw the monster about to attack Sakura. "Sakura! Look out!" He shouted.

Just as the monster was about to take a swing at Sakura, none other than Yue whisked her up into the sky. "Mommy! Are you okay!?" Celia asked.

"I'm fine Celia." Sakura replied. "Thanks Yue!" She smiled up at him.

"It's nothing." Yue replied as they descended to the ground. He let Sakura go and Celia jumped off his back.

"Yue do you have any idea how to beat a monster made out of food? I was thinking I could just transform the shot card, but that seems too easy." Sakura wondered.

"Yes, I think it would be a little harder than that." Yue agreed.

Suddenly the monster lunged at the three of them. "Jump!" Sakura cried and jumped away.

Yue grabbed Celia and brought her up to the roof with Tomoyo. "You should stay up here. It will be safer."

"Okay Yue." Celia nodded and smiled. "Now go help mommy."

"Sakura!" Syaoran shouted. "Look at its feet!"

"Its feet?" Sakura blinked but looked at the monster's feet anyways. 'It's candy...' She thought, a smiling creeping on to her face. "Firey!" She cried and released the fire card. "Melt the monster's feet!" She then pulled out another card. "Freeze! Transform under the name of your new master! Sakura! Freeze the monsters melted feet to the ground!"

"Go mommy!" Celia cheered from the roof.

"Yeah Sakura!" Tomoyo joined in on the cheering.

Sakura pulled out the fourth card of the evening. "Shot card! Transform under the name of your new master, Sakura!"

The shot card transformed and shot out at the monster, creating a rather large hole in its stomach as it tried to move. After it had been hit by shot the monster collapsed into a pile of ordinary food from the booths.

"Yeah Mommy!" Celia cheered and jumped off the roof.

"Celia!" Everyone cried as she did so. Instead of falling and hurting herself a magical aura surrounded Celia and she floated safely to the ground.

"You can float?" Sakura gaped at her.

"Well not very well. I have a little magic, but not as much as you do Mommy!" Celia explained.

"I'm beginning to wish I didn't have that much power." Sakura sighed and sat down on the ground.

"You don't really mean that Mommy, do you?" Celia kneeled down next to Sakura.

"I guess not." Sakura sighed. "Because if I didn't have my magic I wouldn't have met all of you know would I?"

"Nope." Celia shook her head.

Sakura took a final sigh and stood up. "Jump!" She cried and released the card. Sakura then jumped up to the roof and brought Tomoyo down to the ground. "Tomoyo, where did Eriol go?"

"Eriol? I...I don't remember..." Tomoyo said vaguely.

"Are you okay Tomoyo?" Syaoran wondered.

"Yes, I'm fine. I think I'll just go home." Tomoyo replied.

Sakura gave a concerned look at Tomoyo, then up at Syaoran. "Um... Tomoyo, why don't I walk you home." Syaoran offered.

"All right." Tomoyo agreed and started off.

"Thank-you Syaoran." Sakura smiled sweetly at him.

"Ah...it's nothing." He blushed and joined Tomoyo.

"I'm staying with Syaoran tonight!" Celia giggled and ran off with Tomoyo and Syaoran.

"Celia..." Sakura sighed yet again, before collapsing to the ground again. She tried to get up, but didn't have enough energy to do so. "Oh man...not again..." Sakura whined. "I wish I wasn't so weak..."

"Mistress...Sakura, you are not weak. The opposite is true. You are very powerful, but you are still young and need more time to grow into your magic." Yue informed Sakura as he walked over to her. "That's why you have people around you that will help you." With that said he scooped Sakura up and flew her home.

"Thank-you Yue." She gave her guardian a small hug and fell asleep in his arms.


Author's notes: I know, I know, this episode has been stretched out quite a bit. Two chapters already!

Testament: *Yawns*

Selene: Shut up...

Testament: What!? I didn't say anything!

Selene: You yawned!

Testament: So? Are people not allowed to yawn in your presence or something?

Selene: Not when it's a sarcastic yawn like yours!

Testament: Sarcastic yawn my ass.... *grumbles* I'm leaving!

Selene: Good!

Testament: *leaves*

Selene: Well everyone, hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please review and look out for the next chapter! *pulls out rifle* Be very, very quiet, I'm hunting Testaments...hehehe