Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Night Sky ❯ Eriol's Trust ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Night Sky

Chapter Eight

~Selene Serenity

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS. Please don't copy or steal.

Selene: *Drags in unconscious Testament* Hey everyone! I finally got Testament back. Ho ho ho

Testament: *wakes up* Damn you Selene, why can't you just leave me alone?

Selene: Because for some odd reason the fans love you…O_o

Testament: Well in that case…*jumps up* I'll stay!

Selene: Testament just loves fame…Oh and I'm announcing the father now…since pretty much everyone already knows. Celia's father is…*drum roll* YUE!!!! There you go!

~Chapter Eight~

"Sakura! Come on wake up!" Touya shook his sister awake the next day.

"Hoe…" She groaned and slowly woke up.

"Well, good morning, or rather good afternoon." Touya laughed.

"Uh…what time is it?"

"12:30. Dad's almost finished lunch so you better hurry up and get it." Touya advised.

'AH! Yue! Kero!' Sakura thought and looked frantically around the room.

"What's wrong Sakura?" Touya asked as he looked around the room as well.

"Nothing!" Sakura lied as soon as she saw that the two guardians were nowhere in sight.

"All right." Touya sighed and left the room.

"Cerberus!" Yue's voice cried as Sakura's closet door flew open and Yue collapsed on to the ground. In seconds Cerberus fell out of the closet, right on top of Yue. Yue growled a bit as his anger built.

"Oops…"Cerberus laughed nervously. "Sorry Yue…"

"Would you get off me!?" Yue shouted and pushed Cerberus off him. He stood up and went back into his serious stance.

Sakura then burst out laughing. "I don't see what's so funny…" Yue stated. "We could have been caught."

"I'm sorry…" Sakura's laughing subsided. "It's just that, that was the first time I've seen you two actually act like brothers!"

"Sakura! What was that noise?" Touya called from downstairs.

"Oh! I just dropped some books!" Sakura replied.

"Hurry up will you?"

"Yeah!" She replied. "I'll be back soon, I'll bring food for you." Sakura said to Kero and Yue in a rush as she grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom to change.

***

"Oh Dad! This tastes good!" Sakura complimented.

"Yeah Dad, we haven't had crab in a long time." Touya agreed.

"Well I know how much you two like it and I figured why not?" Fujitaka chuckled. "So enjoy."

'Crabs.' Sakura thought. 'They have a shell to protect them from things outside…' "That's it!" Sakura cried and stood up abruptly.

"What's it?" Touya wondered.

"This…um…crab! It's amazing!" Sakura quickly shoveled the food into her mouth and excused herself. "Thanks dad!" She cried and ran up to her room.

"Kero! Yue I figured it out!" She said as she slammed the door shut.

"You know how to turn us back?" Kero said hopefully.

"Yup." Sakura nodded. "Though we should probably wait until Touya and Dad are gone, because of Yukito."

"Right." Yue and Kero nodded.

***

After Touya and Fujitaka had left for work, Sakura led Yue and Kero downstairs. Just as they got downstairs Celia burst open the front door and walked in. "Hey everyone!" She smiled. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to change Yue and Kero back." Sakura replied.

"Oh…" Celia hung her head, sounding disappointed.

Sakura couldn't help but feel the same way inside. She really didn't want Yue to go. She had had fun with him. Now he was going back. Who knew when she was going to see him again? Sakura mentally shook herself. 'Why am I worrying so much? I'll see him soon.' She thought.

Sakura then released her staff and brought out the shield card. "Card created by Clow! Change under the name of your new master, Sakura!"

An invisible barrier formed around Kero and Yue. "Okay Kero! Try it!" Sakura called.

Kero nodded and closed his eyes. His wings quickly came together, and then separated, exposing the small, false form of Cerberus.

"Yes! It worked!" Kero shouted with joy. "Go ahead Yue."

Yue closed his eyes as he began to transform. "Goodbye Yue…" Sakura whispered so no one would hear her.

Yue's wings disappeared and Sakura called back the shield card before Yukito opened his eyes. Kero immediately flew and his behind Sakura's back where she held her staff. "Oh, hey Sakura." Yukito waved. "Well, I dropped off the book so I'll just get going." He said and left for the door in the hall.

"Huh?" Sakura whispered. 'Oh, Yue must have been able to make up some memories for while he was gone. That's a relief, I'd hate to try and lie about this all.' She thought.

The door clicked shut and Sakura gave a sigh of relief as Kero flew out of her hands. "Man, I'm beat." She mumbled and slunk over to the couch and laid down.

***

"Well done Sakura." Eriol smiled as he observed the girl flop on to the couch.

"It took her a while though." Nakuru pointed out.

"Yes, but I bet she could have figured it out sooner if she had wanted to." Eriol's smile grew.

"Heh, I suppose that's true."

***

Sakura stood in front of the school entrance in a new battle costume made by Tomoyo. Behind her stood Tomoyo, Syaoran, Celia, Cerberus and Yue. "Oh Sakura! You look so cute!" Tomoyo squealed, recording Sakura. Sakura blushed and tugged at the hem of the ruffled pink skirt.

"She's right mommy! You look really pretty!" Celia agreed. "Don't you think so Yue!?" She pulled happily on his arm.

Yue clear his throat. "Um…yes…but I really wouldn't know…" He said awkwardly.

Sakura blushed even more. 'I'm going to kill Celia…' She thought.

"So you sensed something here right?" Kero asked.

"Yeah, both Syaoran and I did today after school. It's still here too." Sakura replied.

"Well then lets get going." Kero headed to the door, with the others following.

***

The group walked down the school hallway, finding nothing out of the ordinary. "What do you think it is?" Tomoyo wondered.

"It couldn't be a…ghost could it?" Sakura trembled.

"Mistress, I find it hard to believe that after all the things you've been up against, you're still afraid of ghosts." Yue shook his head.

"I can't help it…they just give me this weird feeling, even when I was little…"

"Don't worry Sakura. I don't think it's a ghost." Syaoran assured her.

"That's good" She sighed with relief. "So it's probably whoever was behind those other happenings right?"

"Most likely." Yue nodded. "Keep your senses open."

"Right." She nodded.

Tomoyo spun around taping the hall and looking for anything suspicious. "Maybe we should look in the classrooms." She suggested and opened a classroom door and stepped in. As soon as she did the door slammed shut behind her, making the others turn around quickly.

"Tomoyo!" Sakura cried and ran to the door, pulling it open. Instead of finding Tomoyo inside she found a completely empty room except for the furniture. "Tomoyo!? Where are you?" She looked around and saw no other doors out of the classroom and ran in frantically looking for her friend, Yue following her in. As they stepped in the door again slam shut.

"Mommy!" Celia gasped and ran to the door.

"NO!" Syaoran grabbed Celia's arm and stopped her from opening the door.

"Syaoran! Let me go find mommy!" She tugged away from him.

"Celia." Kero said. "Something wrong her and you won't find Sakura by opening that door. Don't worry."

"Yeah, Sakura will figure something. Until she does we should stay put here." Syaoran agreed.

"All right. I believe in mommy." Celia nodded.

***

Sakura spun around when the door slammed shut and pushed it open again. The hallway that was previously there was now replaced by another classroom. "What the?" She gasped and started to take a step in.

"Wait." Yue called and placed his hand on her shoulder. "Stay close to me or we'll get separated. We need to stay to together if we're going to figure out what's going on here."

"Right." Sakura nodded and blushed.

***

Eriol sat silently on the branch of a large tree outside, observing the happenings inside the school. Behind him floated Ruby Moon and Spinal Sun. "Everything is going as planned." He nodded.

"So she has to find her friends and that's the test?" Spinal Sun tried to clear things up.

"Exactly." Eriol replied.

Suddenly, a soft melodic tune came to their ears. Someone…a girl was singing. "To…Tomoyo?" Eriol recognized the voice.

"You know who that is?" Ruby asked.

"Yes. She's very smart. She's trying to help Sakura find her." Eriol complemented. He stood up and floated into the air.

"Where are you going Master Eriol?" The two guardians questioned as he went towards the building.

"I need to check something out…you two stay here." With that he left to the other side of the building. He found himself, just outside the window to the room in which Tomoyo was. The window open, her soft voice floated outside to him. For one rare moment he completely forgot his task and dropped his guard.

Through out the building, Sakura, Yue, Celia, Syaoran and Celia all felt his presence. Realizing what he had done, Eriol tensed up and quickly hid his aura. He breathed a sigh of relief and mentally scolding himself for his silly mistake. He then noticed that Tomoyo was no longer singing. He blinked and looked back at the window, which was now opened and had Tomoyo looking out of it. "Eriol?" She said and starred at him.

Eriol sighed and looked down. "You keep finding out, I'm sorry Tomoyo, but you'll have to forget again."

"Eriol, wait." Tomoyo protested. "Please don't erase my memory, I remember from last time somehow. Last night I had a dream and it all came back."

'Another silly mistake on my part.' Eriol thought. 'I must not have used a strong enough spell.'

"I swear I won't tell anyone. I can tell that you're only doing this for the good of Sakura. And Sakura's happiness is all I want, so I promised I won't tell." Tomoyo said with pleading eyes.

Eriol starred back at her, not knowing what to do. He bit his lip and thought hard. 'Can I trust her?' He wondered. 'Why am I so confused about all this…its like I can't control anything I do when I'm around her…' "All right." He nodded hesitantly. "But just in case I'll put a spell of silence upon you, similar to what Celia has."

***

"Yue…did you feel that?" Sakura wondered.

"Yes." Yue nodded. "But whatever it was, is gone now."

Suddenly they heard Tomoyo's voice singing once more. "Ah!" Sakura gasped. "There it is." She smiled and held out the shadow card. "Shadow can find her and we'll follow." She said just before transforming the card. Together, the two of them set out after the shadow as it traced down the hallways.

Soon they found themselves in a classroom, the shadow huddled up on one of the desks. It quickly changed back into its card form, revealing Tomoyo, sitting on the desk. She looked over at them and smiled. "Sakura! You found me!"

"I'm so glad you're all right!" Sakura cried and ran to hug her best friend. "I was so worried about you!"

"It's all right Sakura. I knew you would find me!" Tomoyo hugged Sakura.

Right then, Syaoran, Celia and Kero arrived at the room. "Hey guys, everything is back to normal around here." Kero said and flew over to Sakura.

"Mommy! Are you okay?" Celia asked and went to hug Sakura.

"Yes, I'm fine." Sakura nodded. "Now lets go home huh?"

Selene: YEAH! I finally finished it! *Takes deep breath*

Testament: Took you long enough. All your so called 'fans' must be dead by now!

Selene: Nah…but I bet they're very angry at me for taking so long…. Gomen everyone! So I made that chapter extra long!