Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Night Sky ❯ Meling's Heart ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Night Sky

Chapter Nine

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS or any of its characters. They belong to Clamp. Please don't copy or steal!

Selene: Mwahahaha! So this chapter came a lot quicker than the last huh?

Testament: It's amazing what having rabid 'fans' literally light a fire under you will do…

Selene: Speaking of…HOT!!!!!!! Water please?

Testament: Sure thing. *Uses high powered hose, taking out the fire and completely drenching Selene*

Selene: *Sputter* Jerk…

~Chapter Nine~

It was late into the night and Celia had began tossing and turning in bed next to Sakura. "No…." She wailed. "Please don't go! Mommy! Yue! Kero! Please!"

Sakura woke up and tried to calm Celia down. "Shh…. Celia, calm down. I'm right here don't worry." She bit her lip as Celia continued to cry out. 'Hm…how did that song go again?' She thought. She opened her mouth as she thought of the words and soon they came to her.

"Up in the sky there's the moon shining bright

Spread cross the sky are the stars giving light

If you look to the dark midnight sky,

You will find true comfort there.

The day can have its sun,

The world can have its earth

But you truly know that when the night comes,

you will find true comfort there.

So look to the sky and search all your might

Fly to the moon and stars!

Fly to the moon and stars…"

As Sakura neared the end of the song Celia calmed down and went into a more relaxing sleep. Sakura sighed with relief and tried to go back to sleep. 'I wonder what she dreamt about.' She thought worriedly as she drifted back to sleep.

***

"WAKE UP MOMMY!!!" Celia cried happily as she sat on top of a sleeping Sakura the next morning.

"Uh?" Sakura rubbed her eyes as she began to wake up. "What is it Celia?"

"Meling is coming today!" She smiled.

"What? Is that today?" Sakura asked in shock.

"Yup, remember, we're supposed to meet Auntie Tomoyo and Syaoran at his place so we can go pick her up."

"Right." Sakura said groggily. "Why don't you go downstairs while I change and then we can go.

"Okay." Sakura nodded and hopped off the bed and hurried out of the room.

Sakura slowly stretched then got out of her bed and made her way to the closet for clothes.

***

"Hey guys!" Meling called and waved as she got off the plane. "It's great to see you guys."

"Hello Meling." Tomoyo nodded.

"I'm so glad you made it here safely!" Sakura smiled.

"Hi Meling!" Celia smiled widely at her.

"Um…. who's the kid?" She asked as she looked at Celia oddly.

"Well Meling…this is Celia. She came from the future to help me…and she's my daughter-to-be." Sakura explained nervously.

"Boy, I sure missed a lot huh?" Meling laughed. "So who's your father?" She asked Celia, bending down to her level.

"It's a secret!" Celia winked with a smile.

"Ah, I see." Meling stood up tall again and looked over at Syaoran who looked very nervous. "What's wrong Syaoran?" She blinked.

"Ah…nothing!" He stammered. "Lets get back home okay?"

"All right…" Meling sighed.

***

"You ready to go?" Syaoran asked Sakura when she opened her door.

"All set, just let me tell Yue and Celia I'm leaving." Sakura replied.

"Yue?"

"Yes. He knew Yukito was going to be home all afternoon so he agreed to baby-sit Celia for me while we go out." Sakura nodded as she grabbed her coat and walked to the living room.

"That's…unusually generous of him." Syaoran arched his eyebrows, following her in. "What about your family?"

"Dad's on another business trip, and Touya is working until late this evening." Sakura answered. "Yue?" Sakura asked as she entered the living room.

Celia happily entered the room from the kitchen, a pudding in hand, with Yue not far behind her, Kero on his shoulder.

"I'm going out now all right?" Sakura said to the three of them.

"Bye Mommy!" Celia ran and gave Sakura a quick farewell hug.

"Have fun!' Kero said as he chased after Celia's pudding, and Yue nodded.

"Celia will be fine." He said.

"I know she will be." Sakura smiled and started back out. "I should be back around six." She told them as Syaoran followed her out into the hall.

***

Meling, after visiting with Rika, Naoko, Tomoyo, Takashi and Chiharu, was making her way back to Syaoran's place when she spotted Sakura and Syaoran leaving a jewelry store. She noticed Syaoran was holding a small box and handed it to Sakura to inspect it. She smiled brightly as she looked at it and began to gush over it. Meanwhile Syaoran was blushing like mad and laughing nervously. Meling looked on at the two in shock and pain. 'He….he couldn't of…could he?' She thought. She then began to scowl and marched up to the two of them.

"LI SYAORAN!!!!" She exploded. "I….I don't believe you! How could you do this!?"

"Meling!" Sakura and Syaoran gasped.

"Yes, Meling. I bet you didn't expect me here!" With that she turned around, not wanting them to see the tears spilling out of her eyes. "I hate you Syaoran!" Then she ran off, without even a word from Syaoran.

She ran as fast as she could, not wanting to risk Syaoran catching her, though she was sure, either of them could easily. She just didn't want to face them. She came to the park and slowly came to a halt. She walked over to the swings and sat down on one. It being around dinnertime, the park was abandoned. She sighed and rocked gently back and forth on the swing. 'That…idiot. I thought we had worked things out.'

Suddenly she heard someone walking her way. 'Oh no…please don't let it be him.' Fortunately it wasn't. Instead Yue, with Celia on his back approached her. "Yue?" Meling blinked. This was truly a new site for her. She had only met Yue briefly but he did no seem like one to like children, let alone give them piggyback rides.

"Meling! Is something wrong?" Celia asked as she noticed Meling tears.

Meling quickly brushed away the tears and shook her head. "I'm fine." She replied.

Yue set Celia down on the ground, still saying nothing. "Meling…you were crying." Celia said sadly. She then noticed Meling wasn't looking at her. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Oh no, Celia its not you. It's just that I think I figured something out about you. That's all." Meling said bitterly.

"Oh…" Celia said, not really knowing what to do.

"I'd just like to be alone I think."

"All right." Celia nodded and turned to Yue. "Let's go."

Yue nodded and picked up Celia. He began to walk away. "Meling, may I suggest that you not be so quick to jump to conclusions. Why don't you talk to them?" He said evenly and continued to walk away.

Meling looked up, slightly shocked and watched the two depart.

***

"Syaoran…I'm sorry." Sakura said as the two sat on the steps in front of Syaoran's home. "It's my fault for going with you."

"No…I asked you to go and I wouldn't have known what to do if you didn't." Syaoran replied. "I just need to talk to her…explain. Sometimes she just flies off the handle like that, you know."

"Yeah." Sakura sighed, at a complete loss.

Then, from down the street Meling approached them. "Me…Meling!" Syaoran gasped and jumped up. "I…I…" He stuttered.

"I'm sorry!" They both managed at the same time.

"Syaoran…I'm sorry, but only if what I think happened, isn't what happened." Meling said, still sharply.

"Meling, I was only helping Syaoran with…an errand." Sakura said.

"Is that true Syaoran?" Meling asked.

"Yes." Syaoran nodded. "I was…well waiting for a more appropriate time to do this, but I suppose you'll kill me without proof." He said, fumbling in he pocket. He pulled out the box Sakura had been holding earlier and got down on his knee. "Meling…I know this has already been set, but…will you marry me?" He asked nervously.

Meling took a deep breath. She certainly hadn't been expecting this. She blinked back the tears that began to form and smiled. Slowly she nodded and held Syaoran's hands around the box. "I'm sorry for not listening."

Syaoran shook his head. "Its all right." He said and stood up, taking the ring out and putting it on her ring finger. "Sakura was only helping me pick this out."

Meling leaned towards Syaoran and hugged him happily. She then backed up as Syaoran leaned at her and kissed her much to her surprise. Despite their engagement they had never kissed before. Meling smiled and kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Sakura decided to leave the two alone. With a smile on her face she retreated and went back home. 'Be happy you two.' She thought.

Selene: Wahoo!!!! Yue's so smart isn't he?

Testament: Eh, I bet I'm smarter.

Selene: Sure, sure. You didn't even know what Syaoran and Sakura were doing because you didn't read the fic carefully enough!

Testament: Doesn't matter. I'm still smarter.

Yue: Oh yeah? *Hits Testament with glass shards* Take that smarty.

Testament: Ow….

Selene: Yeah! *glomps Yue*