Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Partings ❯ Death ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Partings 4: Death
By: Starlight Rose
E-mail: starlighto_rose@hotmail.com

Disclaimer 1: I wish I owned CCS but alas I don't own it. It's
owned by CLAMP, Kodansha, Nelvana, and maybe a few other
companies that I don't know of.

A.N. Ok a lot of you will probably want to kill me for this but here's the chapter for Sakura's death. You didn't really think I would not include such a monumental parting did you? As for why I haven't written anything lately and when I finally do return with something I'll simply blame my computer and a writer's block. BTW there is going to be two more chapters to this story and those should come out quickly thanks to my having written them before I wrote this chapter.

*****************************

Tears that I never knew Clow had made me capable of shedding clouded my eyes as I looked upon my beloved mistress. It was happening again. The master that I loved was about to leave. "Sakura..." I sobbed in a voice not my own, a voice choked and hoarse with tears. I sat next to her on a window seat looking out upon a moonlit garden holding her cradled in my arms, my wings curving protectively around her. Keroberus sat with his head resting forlornly upon her lap.

Sakura smiled sweetly up at me. Her normally brilliant emerald eyes were the only things that belied her age. She was now several hundred years old but still possessed the body of a young woman in her mid-twenties, but her eyes showed all the years she had lived. They shined with wisdom, love, experience, and sorrow. "Yue, Kero-chan..." she said gently, "I'm sorry. I know how sad you were when Clow-san died."

"You can't die, Sakura!" Keroberus shouted at Sakura his eyes full of the anguish I felt.

Sakura stroked his head and replied, "Clow-san once told you that every living thing must die. It is my turn now. Syaoran is dead now and I can't bear to live without him any longer. I have held off this long in order to wait for the arrival of your new mistress. I am tired of living now. I have had to watch my friends and family die, but I was able to endure it because Syaoran and the two of you were always with me, but even Syaoran is gone now."

"Don't leave us." I whispered. I couldn't stand the death of another person I cared for. Never have I hated my existence as much as I did now. Never have I hated Clow for creating me to be what I am until now. To live while the master that I love dies and to leave me alone and empty again. I don't know how much longer I could endure this emotional torture before going insane. I do not want to live if I have to continue losing those I love the most to death. It was too cruel.

"I will never truly leave you." Sakura said as tears formed in her eyes. I knew then that although she was tired she did not want to leave us. Sakura loved Keroberus and I. She was our first true friend. Clow regarded us as his companions but Sakura regarded us as her friends and her family. "Please don't cry. I have arranged everything for you already. I have determined who the knew Card Mistress should be and she will love you as much as I do if not more."

"We don't need another mistress!" Keroberus roared fiercely as if in an attempt to frighten her into staying with us. I smiled sardonically at that statement that I had made to Clow so long ago. This time Keroberus and I were in accord. Sakura was the only one we wanted. She was our beloved friend.

"Kero-chan, Yue, please accept your new mistress. I know you will come to love her if you give her a chance like you have with me. She needs your friendship and your love. Protect her and guide her since I will be unable to."

I wrapped my arm more securely around her and bent my head down to rest my chin lightly on her head saying "We only want you." Sakura's lips quirked into a faint smile, but said nothing. She just stared quietly out the window. I knew that was her way of allowing us the silence we needed to accept her death. I did not want to accept it though. It was to harsh a truth for me to accept once again. I had not dealt with the death of someone I truly loved for a long time. Not since Touya's death and Yukito's retreat. Syaoran was friend and I cared for him because he was the one that my mistress loved though I never loved him. I was to jealous of him to love him, but because Sakura had a big heart, I was able to learn from her to care about him.

Finally knowing that we could not change the inevitable no matter how much magic we possessed Keroberus asked her quietly, "Where can we find her?"

Sakura's eyes lit up as she realized that we had finally accepted her impending death as unalterable fact she answered, "At Tokyo Memorial. Will you promise me you will go there and find her? Promise me you will give her a chance to love you and give yourselves a chance to love her?"

"Yes..." I replied brokenly. I could never refuse Sakura anything. I was willing to do anything to make her happy. I had given her up to Syaoran to allow her happiness with him and I was ready now to promise to give her successor a chance like I had given her that day long ago when she offered me the treasure of her friendship. I did it so that Sakura could die reassured and content. If it made Sakura happy, I would do it no matter how much it pained me.

With a content smile Sakura closed her eyes and a perfect white rose formed in her hand. I could see the pink energy surrounding it and turned a startled look to Sakura. "This rose contains all my remaining power. Please give it to you new mistress when you feel she is ready to have it. This is my gift to her. It will also help lead you to her."

"If that is your remaining power then you will not live much longer." Keroberus pointed out.

Sakura gave us a sad smile before reaching up to brush her lips lightly against my cheek then bending down to do the same to Keroberus's head. "It is almost time. Your mistress will be arriving soon and therefore I must depart. Please be happy."

"No!" I cried. It was too soon. I needed more time with her. Just another hour.

"Yue, Kero-chan, thank-you for always being there for me. I love you both very much." Sakura whispered before closing her eyes. Her breathing slowed and finally came to a stop.

Tears spilled from my eyes and splashed against her alabaster skin. I kissed her forehead and whispered in a anguished voice, "Good-bye Sakura. I love you." Keroberus was nuzzling her lap wetting the fabric of the skirt she was wearing with his own tears. We stayed there crying over her for over an hour, but the rose she gave us pulsated with pink energy beckoned us to leave and grant her last request and find our new mistress.